Edifier P17 Passive Bookshelf Speakers
Edifier specializes in creating high-end audio products that are both technologically advanced and beautifully crafted. Edifier, a company with its headquarters in Beijing, China, was founded in 1996 and offers a variety of home audio, professional audio, vehicle audio, headphones, and microphones for both personal entertainment and business use. In February 2010, Edifier joined the Chinese stock exchange and became the first company listed in the Chinese audio market. In 2010, Edifier was considered the sole Chinese corporation implementing a national trademark strategy.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTION
- Please read the instructions carefully. Keep it in a safe place for future reference.
- Use only accessories approved by the manufacturer.
- Install the instrument properly by following the instructions in the device connection section.
- Using the product in a 0-35 °C environment is recommended.
- To reduce the risk of fire and electric shock, do not expose the product to rain or moisture.
- Do not use this product near water. Do not submerge the product into any liquid or have it exposed to dripping or splashing.
- Do not install or use this product near any heat source (e.g. radiator, heater, stove, or other devices that generate heat).
- Do not place any object filled with liquids, such as vases on the product; neither should any open fire, such as lighted candles be placed on the product.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Do not insert any object into ventilation openings or slots. It may cause fire or electric shock.
- Keep sufficient clearance around the product to maintain good ventilation (a minimum of 5cm is recommended).
- Do not force a plug into the jack. Before connection, check for blockage in the jack and whether the plug matches the jack and is oriented in the right direction.
- Keep the provided accessories and parts (such as screws) away from children to prevent them from being swallowed by mistake.
- Do not open or remove the housing yourself. It may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazardous risks. Regardless of the cause of the damage ( such as damaged wire or plug, exposure to liquid splash or foreign object falling in, exposure to rain or moisture, product not working or being dropped, etc.), the repair has to be performed by an authorized service professional immediately.
- Never use strong acids, alkali, gasoline, alcohol, or other chemical solvents to clean the product surface. Use only neutral solvent or clear water for cleaning.
Excessively loud music may lead to hearing loss. Please keep the volume in a safe range. Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the – return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
- For the optimum stereo listening experience, the distance between the left and right speaker should be shorter than that between the speaker and audience, simultaneously making the left and right speaker be at the same distance as the audience.
- This product can be mounted on the wall. Hence, select screws based on the wall structure to fix in the wall, and then align the speakers onto the screws (screws not included).
Warning: Please ensure the speakers are securely fixed onto the wall to avoid damage.
- This product is a passive speaker set and should be connected to a powered amplifier for use,
- This product’s rated impedance is 60 and maximum input power is 20W+20W. Please select an amplifier suited for this product and ensure that the output power of its connector is not higher than this product’s maximum input power. Otherwise, it will damage the speakers.
- Before connecting the speakers, switch off the powered amplifier and adjust its volume to the lowest level; after the connection is complete, switch on the powered amplifier and gradually increase the volume to an appropriate level.
- When connecting, please pay attention to the positive and negative poles and confirm that the connection is secure.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 50Hz-20KHz
- OUTPUT SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL 77dB (1W/1 M)
- RATED POWER 5W-20W
- IMPEDANCE 6^
- FREQUENCY DIVISION POINT 1700Hz
- BASS UNIT 4 inch (116mm)
- TREBLE UNIT 19mm silk film tweeter
- Ensure the audio source is playing and all cables are firmly connected.
- Ensure the signal output of the audio source is set up correctly.
- Check the volume levels on the powered amplifier and audio source player.
- Please turn the amplifier off and restart it.
To learn more about EDIFIER, please visit www.edifier.com For Edifier warranty queries, please visit the relevant country page on www.edifier.com and review the section titled Warranty Terms.
USA and Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs about Edifier P17 Passive Bookshelf Speakers
Can a microphone be attached to Edifier P17?
Since they are passive and lack power, you must connect them to an amplifier with a microphone input.
Do the Edifier P17 speakers come in pairs or are they sold separately?
There is a pair. Excellent speakers for the money.
Are Edifier P17 speakers passive or active?
With the P12 passive bookshelf speakers, you have the power to boost and push the limits of sound. It is necessary to use an external amplifier or receiver.
Why are my Edifier P17 speakers not working?
Consider returning the Bluetooth chip to its default settings. To allow the capacitors to completely discharge, kindly disconnect the speakers for at least ten minutes. Reconnect the speakers’ power, choose Bluetooth as the input method, and then pair your device with the speakers.
Can you connect a subwoofer to Edifier P17 speakers?
Yes, you can pair our powered speakers with a subwoofer, however, the subwoofer needs to be self-powered as well. An RCA Y-splitter is required. Run one set of RCAs to the speakers and the other set to the subwoofer from the audio source.
How do I connect my edifier, P17 bookshelf speakers, to my computer?
To find Bluetooth, use the search bar on the control panel. Change Bluetooth settings by clicking. It will take you to a page where you can make choices and enable Bluetooth device discovery for your computer. You ought to be able to use this to link an Edifier speaker to your Windows computer.
What is the Edifier P17 passive speaker system?
A speaker without an internal amplifier is called a passive speaker. They need to be connected to an amplifier for them to function. They don’t require plugging in because the amplifier powers them. You need to connect your audio devices to the amplifier in order to use passive speakers.
How do I turn on Edifier P17 speakers without a remote?
By turning the control speaker’s volume knob, you can change the inputs. The various inputs will cycle through as a result.
Can I connect Edifier P17 speakers to the TV?
Connect gaming, TV, and DVD players to Edifier’s stunning speakers. With optical input, realistic sounds may fill the room. The Digital Signal Processing (DSP) used in Edifier’s speakers ensures that no quality is lost.
Do I need an amp for Edifier P17 bookshelf speakers?
An amp is not necessary for the operation of active bookshelf speakers. But an amplifier is necessary for passive bookshelf speakers to function effectively. Bookshelf speakers that are active already have an amplifier installed; passive speakers do not. It will be incredibly silent if a passive bookshelf speaker is utilised without an amp.
For more manuals by EDIFIER, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Edifier-P17-Passive-Bookshelf-Speakers.pdf” download=”all”]