County Scales Marsden MPMS-300 Digital Portable Scale
About County Scales
County Scales Limited, an ISO 9001:2015 certified business founded in 1983, sells industrial and retail weighing equipment to customers throughout the UK through its Internet direct sales subsidiary, countyscales.co.uk. Numerous top corporate manufacturing businesses and food processing facilities are among the numerous people on our long list of clients.
On this website, we try to offer a carefully curated selection of high-quality weighing scales and related items of the kinds that we have repeatedly discovered to be the best sellers in the business and make them accessible for direct online purchase at the most competitive discounts. One or more of the equipment in this series can handle the majority of industrial weighing and part-counting requirements.
- MODEL: MPMS-300/500
- ACCURACY CLASS: CLASS III
- CAPACITY: 300/500kg
- INCREMENT: 100/200g
- BATTERY TYPE: 7.2V 1200mah
- MAINS ADAPTOR: 12V 300ma
- UNIT WEIGHT: 8kg
MAINTENANCE AND GENERAL CARE
- Repairs and Servicing should only be carried out by authorized service agents.
- There are no user-serviceable parts in the weighing scale itself.
- The mains power adaptor contains 2 fuses, 1 internal that is not accessible and 1 external user-replaceable fuse. The fuse value is T400mA and no other fuse value should be used.
- When the adaptor is plugged into the mains supply a Green LED should illuminate to indicate that the adaptor is functioning correctly. If the LED does not illuminate then the external fuse should be checked by competent personnel.
- There are no other user-serviceable parts inside the main adaptor.
- The weight indicator contains an internal rechargeable battery pack; this should only be replaced by authorized service agents. Under normal operating conditions, the batteries should last for several years.
- We would recommend using alcohol-based wipes or similar when cleaning the scales.
- Please do not use large amounts of water when cleaning the scales as this will cause damage to the scale’s electronics, you should also refrain from using corrosive liquids or high-pressure washers.
- Always disconnect the scales from the mains power supply before cleaning.
SECTION 1 – BASIC FUNCTIONS
SWITCHING ON THE SCALE
- PRESS THE ON BUTTON FIRMLY
- THE SCALE WILL FIRST TEST ALL OF THE DISPLAY SEGMENTS
- THE SCALE WILL NOW SHOW IT’S CURRENT SOFTWARE VERSION No
- THE SCALE WILL NOW GO INTO WEIGHING MODE AND SHOULD SHOW 0.0kg ON THE DISPLAY
SWITCHING OFF THE SCALE
- PRESS THE OFF BUTTON
- THE SCALE WILL POWER DOWN
SETTING THE SCALE TO ZERO
- IF FOR SOME REASON THE SCALE SHOWS A READING OTHER THAN 0.0kg THEN IT CAN BE RESET TO ZERO (10% OF CAPACITY)
PRESS THE ZERO KEY ONCE
- THE SCALE WILL RETURN TO 0.0kg
- THE DEFAULT SETTING IS KG
- PRESS THE UNIT KEY ONCE
- THE SCALE SWITCHES TO STONES
- PRESS THE UNIT KEY ONCE
- THE SCALE SWITCHES TO POUNDS
- PRESS THE UNIT KEY ONCE
- THE SCALE NOW RETURNS TO KG
NOTE: UNIT SWITCHING IS NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE, WEIGHING IN STONES AND POUNDS FOR THE PURPOSES OF MONITORING, TREATMENT OR DIAGNOSES OF PATIENTS WAS MADE ILLEGAL ON THE 1ST JANUARY 2003. IF YOUR SCALE HAS THE GREEN M STICKER THEN ONLY KG WILL BE AVAILABLE
SECTION 2 – ADVANCED FUNCTIONS
- PRESS THE HOLD BUTTON ONCE
- THE PERSON SHOULD NOW GET ON TO THE SCALES
- AFTER A FEW SECONDS THE SCALE WILL LOCK ON THE PERSON’S WEIGHT, THE PERSON CAN NOW STAND OFF THE SCALE AND THE WEIGHT WILL REMAIN
- PRESS HOLD AGAIN TO UNLOCK THE WEIGHT AND RETURN TO 0.0kg
- AT 0.0kg PRESS THE SLOW BUTTON
PRESS THE SLOW BUTTON A SECOND TIME TO DISABLE THE FUNCTION
- THIS FUNCTION IS SIMILAR TO THE HOLD FUNCTION BUT INSTEAD OF HOLDING THE WEIGHT THE WEIGHT DISPLAY IS SLOWED DOWN CONSIDERABLY
- THIS FUNCTION CAN BE VERY USEFUL WHEN WEIGHING DISABLED PATIENTS, CHILDREN OR BABIES
BODY MASS INDEX FUNCTION
FOR THIS EXAMPLE WE WILL ASSUME WE HAVE A PERSON WEIGHING 100kg AND 180.0cm TALL
- PLACE THE PERSON ON THE SCALE
- PRESS THE BMI BUTTON ONCE
- THE SCALE WILL NOW GO INTO HEIGHT ENTRY MODE AND THE FIRST DIGIT WILL FLASH – THE PERSON BEING WEIGHED CAN STEP OFF THE SCALE AT THIS POINT
THE ARROW KEYS WILL ADJUST THE FLASHING FIGURE UP OR DOWN AND THE BMI KEY WILL MOVE TO THE NEXT DIGIT
- USING THE UP/DOWN ARROWS AND THE BMI BUTTON SET THE HEIGHT IN CM TO 180.0 AS SHOWN ON THE LEFT
WHEN FINISHED PRESS THE UNIT BUTTON AND THE PERSON’S BMI FIGURE WILL BE SHOWN ON THE DISPLAY BELOW
- PRESS THE BMI BUTTON ONCE TO RETURN TO NORMAL WEIGHING MODE
- AN OPTIONAL EXTERNAL PRINTER IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL MODELS, WHEN FITTED THE PATIENT’S WEIGHT, HEIGHT, AND BMI RESULTS CAN BE PRINTED ONTO A PAPER ROLL.
- ONCE THE PERSON HAS BEEN WEIGHED AND THEIR BMI CALCULATED, SIMPLY PRESS THE PRINT KEY TO PRODUCE THE FOLLOWING TICKET
EU Directive 2002/95/EC restricts the use of the 6 substances below in the manufacture of specified types of electrical equipment.
- The product does not contain any of the restricted substances in concentrations and applications banned by the directive;
- and for components, the product is capable of being worked on at higher temperatures required by lead-free soldering
The restricted substances and maximum allowed concentrations in the homogenous material are, by weight:
- Lead: 0.1%
- Mercury: 0.1%
- PBB (Polybrominated Biphenyls): 0.1%
- PBDE (Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers): 0.1%
- Hexavalent Chromium: 0.1%
- Cadmium: 0.01%
- Harmonised Standards to Which Conformity is Declared – EN60601-1-2 / EN60950 / EN55022 / EN50082-1
- 89/336/EEC – Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
- 73/23/EEC – Low Voltage Directive
- 93/42/EEC – Medical Devices Directive
- 90/384/EEC – Non Automatic Weighing Instrument Directive
* 1 – These errors are normally caused by a serious fault on the scales such as a faulty load cell or wiring. You should contact our Service Department.
* 2 – These errors are usually less serious and can be rectified by re-calibration, however, they can indicate an underlying problem with the scales. Zero Range is set to 10% of Scale Capacity E.g. Capacity 200.0kg = Zero Range +/-20.0kg
FAQS About County Scales Marsden MPMS-300 Digital Portable Scale
How long is the life of a digital scale?
five to ten years
What could harm a digital balance?
things that can disrupt electromagnetic fields.
A digital scale: is it more precise?
Bathroom scales that are digital rather than mechanical offer better accuracy.
Can you change a digital scale?
You can start the calibration procedure by pressing the calibration button on some digital scales.
Can digital scales fail to function?
When digital scales suddenly cease functioning properly, it can be annoying.
Does a digital scale change with temperature?
one of them being the temperature
What is the scale’s accuracy?
a measurement of how closely an object’s average weight presented on screen corresponds to its real weight.
Are batteries used in digital scales?
Some digital scales use rechargeable batteries as their power source.
What kind of scales are the most precise?
Scales for analyzers
How are digital scales kept in storage?
laying scales flat for storage
For more manuals by County Scales, Visit Manualsdock