Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee and Tea Maker
Bodum is a well-known Danish kitchenware company that specializes in designing and manufacturing a wide range of products for coffee and tea preparation. The company was founded in 1944 by Peter Bodum in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Bodum is most famous for its innovative French press coffee maker, which revolutionized the way coffee is brewed and remains one of their iconic products. The French press, also known as a coffee plunger or press pot, allows users to brew coffee by steeping ground coffee in hot water and then pressing a mesh plunger to separate the grounds from the liquid. Bodum’s French presses are known for their stylish design and quality craftsmanship.
In addition to French presses, Bodum offers a diverse selection of coffee and tea-related products, including electric coffee makers, manual pour-over coffee makers, coffee grinders, tea presses, teapots, mugs, and accessories. They are known for their focus on combining functionality with aesthetically pleasing designs, often featuring clean lines and minimalist aesthetics.
Without locking lid
With locking lid
Instructions for use
Please read these instructions carefully before you use your device for the first time.
Retain these user instructions for future reference.
- Version 1: Place the pot on a dry, flat, non-slip surface. Hold the handle firmly, then pull the plunger unit straight up and out of the pot.
Version 2: Place the pot on a dry, flat, non-slip surface. Hold the handle firmly. Turn the lid counterclockwise to unlock, then pull the plunger unit straight up and out of the pot.
Note: Ensure the filter unit is properly assembled before use.
- For each cup (1.25 dl or 4 oz), put 1 rounded tbsp or 1 BODUM® scoop of coarse-ground coffee into the pot. CAUTION: Use only coarse-ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place the coffee maker on a heat-proof, non-slip surface.
- Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2,5 cm/1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon. CAUTION: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the beaker and cause damage.
- Version 1: Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn lid to close off the pour spout opening. (Does not apply to the BRAZIL models). Do not press down.
Version 2: Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn the lid clockwise to gently snap into the lock. Do not press down.
Let the coffee brew for at least 4 min.
- Hold the pot handle firmly with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results. If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew and then slowly plunge again. WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.
- Version 1: Turn the lid to open the spout and then pour coffee.
Version 2: Assure lid is in a locked position before pouring. Press the lever on the locking lid to open the spout and then pour the coffee.
- Cleaning – Unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. Only the filter, glass, plastic and chrome parts are dishwasher safe.
- Not for stovetop use.
- Check the beaker for scratches, cracks or chips. Do not use a pot that is scratched, chipped or cracked. Install a replacement beaker before using the pot again.
- Keep children away while using. Hot water is a hazard to small children!
- Do not allow children to use this coffee maker.
- Excessive plunging force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot out of pot.
- Do not plunge with force.
- Turn lid to close the spout.
- Use only coarse-ground coffee.
Filter – 3 cup
Filter – 4 and 8 cup
Filter – 12 cup
Beaker with Spout
Beaker without Spout
FAQ’s – Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee and Tea Maker User Manual
Q: What is the Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee and Tea Maker?
A: The Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee and Tea Maker is a brewing device designed to make coffee or tea using the French press method. It consists of a glass or stainless steel carafe, a plunger with a metal filter, and a lid with a built-in strainer.
Q: How does the Bodum Chambord French Press work?
A: To use the Bodum Chambord French Press, you start by adding coarsely ground coffee or loose tea leaves to the empty carafe. Then you pour hot water over the grounds or leaves, allowing them to steep for a few minutes. After the steeping time, you press down the plunger slowly, which pushes the metal filter down, separating the brewed coffee or tea from the grounds or leaves. The brewed beverage can then be poured and enjoyed.
Q: What sizes are available for the Bodum Chambord French Press?
A: The Bodum Chambord French Press is available in various sizes, typically ranging from 3 cups (12 ounces) to 12 cups (51 ounces) of liquid capacity. The most common sizes are 8 cups (34 ounces) and 12 cups (51 ounces).
Q: Is the carafe of the Bodum Chambord French Press made of glass or stainless steel?
A: The carafe of the Bodum Chambord French Press is available in both glass and stainless steel options. The glass carafe allows you to see the brewing process, while the stainless steel carafe offers durability and insulation to keep the coffee or tea hot for a longer time.
Q: Is the Bodum Chambord French Press dishwasher-safe?
A: Yes, the Bodum Chambord French Press is generally dishwasher-safe. However, it’s recommended to check the specific instructions for your model to ensure proper care and maintenance.
Q: Can the Bodum Chambord French Press be used for both coffee and tea?
A: Yes, the Bodum Chambord French Press can be used to brew both coffee and tea. Simply adjust the amount of coffee grounds or tea leaves and the steeping time based on your preferred strength and taste.
Q: Does the Bodum Chambord French Press come with any additional filters or parts?
A: The Bodum Chambord French Press typically comes with a metal mesh filter attached to the plunger. However, over time, you may need to replace the filter or other parts if they wear out or get damaged. Replacement filters and other accessories are usually available for purchase separately.
Q: Where can I purchase the Bodum Chambord French Press?
A: The Bodum Chambord French Press is available for purchase at various retailers, including kitchenware stores, online marketplaces, and the official Bodum website.
Pdf – Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee and Tea Maker User Manual
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Bodum-Chambord-French-Press-Coffee-and-Tea-Maker-User-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]
For More Manuals Visit: ManualsDock