Zanussi is a brand of home appliances that was founded in Italy in 1916 by Antonio Zanussi. The company started off manufacturing stoves and wood-burning ovens but eventually expanded its product line to include refrigerators, washing machines, and other household appliances.
Today, Zanussi is owned by Electrolux, one of the world’s largest producers of household appliances. The brand is known for its innovative and high-quality products that are designed to make life easier for consumers.
Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible if an incorrect installation and use cause injuries and damages. Always keep the instructions with the appliance for future reference.
CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE PEOPLE’S SAFETY
- This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Do not let children play with the appliance.
- Keep all detergents away from children.
- Keep children and pets away from the appliance door when it is open.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- farmhouses; staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- by clients in hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts and other residential-type environments.
- Do not change the specification of this appliance.
- The operating water pressure (minimum and maximum) must be between 0.5 (0.05) / 8 (0.8) bar (Mpa)
- Obey the maximum number of 13 place settings.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its Authorised Service Centre or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Put knives and cutlery with sharp points in the cutlery basket with the points down or in a horizontal position.
- Do not keep the appliance door open without supervision to prevent falling on it.
- Before maintenance, deactivate the appliance and disconnect the mains plug from the socket.
- Do not use water spray and steam to clean the appliance.
- A carpet must not obstruct the ventilation openings in the base (if applicable).
- The appliance is to be connected to the water mains using the newly supplied hose-sets. Old hose sets must not be reused.
- Remove all the packaging.
- Do not install or use a damaged appliance.
- Do not install or use the appliance where the temperature is less than 0 °C.
- Obey the installation instruction supplied with the appliance.
- Make sure that the appliance is installed below and adjacent to safe structures.
WARNING! Risk of fire and electrical shock.
- The appliance must be earthed.
- Ensure the electrical information on the rating plate agrees with the power supply. If not, contact an electrician.
- Always use a correctly installed shockproof socket.
- Do not use multi-plug adapters and extension cables.
- Make sure not to cause damage to the mains plug and to the mains cable. Should the mains cable need to be replaced, this must be carried out by our Authorised Service Centre.
- Connect the mains plug to the mains socket only at the end of the installation. Make sure that there is access to the mains plug after the installation.
- Do not pull the mains cable to disconnect the appliance. Always pull the mains plug.
- This appliance complies with the E.E.C. Directives.
- Only for UK and Ireland. The appliance has a 13 amp mains plug. If it is necessary to change the fuse in the mains plug, use fuse: 13 amp ASTA (BS 1362).
- Make sure not to cause damage to the water hoses.
- Before you connect the appliance to new pipes or pipes not used for a long time, let the water flow until it is clean.
- The first time you use the appliance, make sure that there is no leakage.
- If the water inlet hose is damaged, immediately disconnect the mains plug from the mains socket. Contact the Authorised Service Centre to replace the water inlet hose.
- Do not sit or stand on the open door.
- Dishwasher detergents are dangerous. Obey the safety instructions on the detergent packaging.
- Do not drink and play with the water in the appliance.
- Do not remove the dishes from the appliance until the programme is completed. There can be detergent on the dishes.
- The appliance can release hot steam if you open the door while a programme operates.
- Do not put flammable products or items that are wet with flammable products in, near or on the appliance.
- Contact the Authorised Service Centre to repair the appliance. We recommend only the use of original spare parts.
- When you contact the Authorised Service Centre, ensure that you have the following information that is available on the rating plate.
Serial Number :
WARNING! Risk of injury or suffocation.
- Disconnect the appliance from the main supply.
- Cut off the main cable and discard it.
- Remove the door catch to prevent children and pets to get closed in the appliance.
Running programme indicator. It comes on when the programme starts and goes off when the programme is completed.
Salt indicator. It is always off while the programme operates.
- The pressure and the temperature of the water, the variations of the mains supply, the options and the number of dishes can change the values.
- With this programme, you have the most efficient use of water and energy consumption for crockery and cutlery with normal soil. (This is the standard programme for test institutes).
- This programme has a high-temperature rising phase for better hygiene results. During the rinsing phase, the temperature stays at 70 °C for at least 10 minutes.
- With this programme, you can wash a load with fresh soil. It gives good washing results in a short time.
- Use this programme to quickly rinse the dishes. this prevents the remaining food from the bond on the dishes and bad odours to come out from the appliance. Do not use detergent with this programme.
PROGRAMME SELECTION MODE
The appliance is in programme selection mode when all programme indicators are on. When the appliance is in programme selection mode, it is possible to set a programme and enter the user mode. If the control panel does not show this condition, do the cancel function.
Press the programme button until all programme indicators are on (Programme selection mode). With this function, you can cancel the running programme.
While the appliance is in programme selection mode:
- Press and hold the programme button until the indicator starts to flash and the indicator is on. In user mode can be changed:
- The level of the water softener is according to the water’s hardness.
- The activation or the deactivation of the acoustic signal for the end of the programme.
These settings will be saved until you change them again.
ADJUSTING THE WATER SOFTENER
- While the appliance is in user mode, wait until the indicator goes off and the indicator starts to flash. The current setting is indicated by the number of flashes of the indicator (e.g. 5 flashes + pause + 5 flashes = level 5).
- Press the programme button to change the setting. Each time you press the button, the level increases. After level 10 you will start again from level 1.
- Press the on/off button to confirm the setting.
THE WATER HARDNESS TABLE
- Factory setting
- Do not use salt at this level.
ACTIVATING THE ACOUSTIC SIGNAL FOR THE END OF THE PROGRAMME
By default, this acoustic signal is deactivated but it is possible to activate it.
- While the appliance is in user mode, within about 5 seconds press the programme button: the indicator is on and the indicator starts to flash.
- Wait until the indicator goes off. The indicator is off. The acoustic signal is off.
- Press the programme button to change the setting. The indicator is on. The acoustic signal is on.
- Press the on/off button to confirm the setting.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Make sure that the current level of the water softener agrees with the hardness of the water supply. If not, adjust the level of the water softener.
- Fill the salt container.
- Fill the rinse aid dispenser.
- Open the water tap.
- Start a programme to remove any processing residuals that can still be inside the appliance. Do not use detergent and do not load the baskets.
When you start a programme, the appliance can take up to 5 minutes to recharge the resin in the water softener. It seems that the appliance is not working. The washing phase starts only after this procedure is completed. The procedure will be repeated periodically.
Before first use put one litre of water in the salt container. Water and salt can come out of the salt container when you fill it. Risk of corrosion. To prevent it, after you fill the salt container, start a programme.
ADDING RINSE AID
The rinse aid helps to dry the dishes without streaks and stains. It is automatically released during the hot rinse phase. Fill the rinse aid dispenser when the lens (A) is clear.
- Open the water tap.
- Press the on/off button to activate the appliance.
Make sure that the appliance is in programme selection mode.
- If the salt indicator is on, fill the salt container.
- Load the baskets.
- Add the detergent.
- Set and start the correct programme for the type of load and the degree of soil.
If the programme has a prewash phase, put a small quantity of detergent also in compartment B.
- Do not fill the salt container and the rinse aid dispenser.
- Adjust the water softener to the lowest level.
- Set the rinse aid dispenser to the lowest position.
STARTING A PROGRAMME
- Keep the appliance door ajar.
- Press the on/off button to activate the appliance. Make sure that the appliance is in programme selection mode.
- Press the programme button until the indicator of the programme you want to set comes on.
- Close the appliance door to start the programme.
OPTION HALF LOAD
This option is available with ECO, and. With this option, you can wash a small load of tableware and cookware. The option decreases the programme duration and the consumption of water and energy. Load both baskets and use less quantity of detergent.
OPENING THE DOOR WHILE THE APPLIANCE OPERATES
If you open the door while a programme is running, the appliance stops. When you close the door, the appliance continues from the point of interruption.
END OF THE PROGRAMME
- Press the on/off button to deactivate the appliance.
- Close the water tap.
If you do not press the on/off button, after a few minutes from the end of the programme all the indicators go off. This helps to decrease the energy consumption.
HINTS AND TIPS
The following hints will ensure optimal cleaning and drying results in daily use and also help to protect the environment.
- Remove larger residues of food from the dishes into the waste bin.
- Do not pre-rinse dishes by hand. When needed, use the prewash programme (if available) or select a programme with a prewash phase.
- Always use the whole space of the baskets.
- When loading the appliance, make sure that the dishes can be completely reached and washed by the water released from the spray arm nozzles. Make sure that items do not touch or cover each other.
- You can use dishwasher detergent, rinse aid and salt separately or you can use the multi tablets (e.g. ”3in1”, ”4in1”, ”All in 1”). Follow the instructions written on the packaging.
- Select the programme according to the type of load and degree of soil. With the ECO programme, you have the most efficient use of water and energy consumption for crockery and cutlery with normal soil.
THE WATER SOFTENER
The water softener removes minerals from the water supply, which would have a detrimental effect on the washing results and on the appliance. The higher the content of these minerals, the harder your water is. Water hardness is measured in equivalent scales.
The water softener should be adjusted according to the hardness of the water in your area. Your local water authority can advise you on the hardness of the water in your area. It is important to set the right level of the water softener to assure good washing results.
USING SALT, RINSE AID AND DETERGENT
- Only use salt, rinse aid and detergent for the dishwasher. Other products can cause damage to the appliance.
- Multi-tablets are usually suitable in areas with a water hardness of up to 21 °dH. In areas exceeding this limit, rinse aid and salt must be used in addition to the multi-tablets. However, in areas with hard and very hard water, we recommend using solo-detergent (powder, gel, tablets without additional functions), rinse aid and salt separately for optimal cleaning and drying results.
- Detergent tablets do not fully dissolve with short programmes. To prevent detergent residues on the tableware, we recommend that you use tablets with long programmes.
- Do not use more than the correct quantity of detergent. Refer to the instructions on the detergent packaging.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO STOP USING MULTI-TABLETS
Before you start to use separate detergent, salt and rinse aid do the following procedure.
- Set the highest level of the water softener.
- Make sure that the salt and rinse aid containers are full.
- Start the shortest programme with a rinsing phase. Do not add detergent and do not load the baskets.
- When the programme is completed, adjust the water softener according to the water hardness in your area.
- Adjust the released quantity of rinse aid. 6. Activate the rinse aid dispenser.
LOADING THE BASKETS
- Only use the appliance to wash items that are dishwasher-safe.
- Do not put in the appliance items made of wood, horn, aluminium, pewter and copper.
- Do not put in the appliance items that can absorb water (sponges, household clothes).
- Remove larger residues of food from the dishes into the waste bin.
- Make soft the remaining burned food on the items.
- Put hollow items (cups, glasses and pans) with the opening down.
- Make sure that glasses do not touch other glasses.
- Put cutlery and small things in the cutlery basket.
- Put light items in the upper basket. Make sure that the items do not move.
- Make sure that the spray arms can move freely before you start a programme.
BEFORE STARTING A PROGRAMME
Make sure that:
- The filters are clean and correctly installed.
- The cap of the salt container is tight.
- The spray arms are not clogged.
- There is a dishwasher salt and rinse aid (unless you use multi-tablets).
- The position of the items in the baskets is correct.
- The programme is applicable for the type of load and for the degree of soil.
- The correct quantity of detergent is used.
UNLOADING THE BASKETS
- Let the tableware cool down before you remove it from the appliance. Hot items can be easily damaged.
- First, remove items from the lower basket, then from the upper basket.
At the end of the program, water can still remain on the sides and on the door of the appliance.
CARE AND CLEANING
WARNING! Before maintenance, deactivate the appliance and disconnect the mains plug from the main socket.
Dirty filters and clogged spray arms decrease the washing results. Make a check regularly and, if necessary, clean them.
CLEANING THE FILTERS
- Make sure that there are no residues of food or soil in or around the edge of the sump.
- Put back in place the flat filter (C). Make sure that it is correctly positioned under the 2 guides.
- Reassemble the filters (A) and (B).
- Put back the filter (A) in the flat filter (C). Turn it clockwise until it locks.
An incorrect position of the filters can cause bad washing results and damage to the appliance
CLEANING THE SPRAY ARMS
Do not remove the spray arms. If the holes in the spray arms are clogged, remove the remaining parts of the soil with a thin pointed object.
- Clean the appliance with a moist soft cloth.
- Only use neutral detergents.
- Do not use abrasive products, abrasive cleaning pads or solvents.
- Carefully clean the appliance, including the rubber gasket of the door, with a soft damp cloth.
- If you regularly use short-duration programmes, these can leave deposits of grease and limescale inside the appliance. To prevent this, we recommend running long-duration programmes at least 2 times per month.
- To maintain the performance of your appliance at its best, we recommend using monthly a specific cleaning product for dishwashers. Follow carefully the instructions on the packaging of the product.
If the appliance does not start or it stops during operation, before you contact an Authorised Service Centre, check if you can solve the problem by yourself with the help of the information in the table.
WARNING! Repairs not properly done may result in serious risks to the safety of the user. Any repairs must be performed by qualified personnel.
With some problems, the end indicator flashes intermittently indicating a malfunction.
The majority of problems that can occur can be solved without the need to contact an Authorised Service Centre.
Refer to “Before first use”, “Daily use”, or “Hints and tips” for other possible causes. Once you have checked the appliance, deactivate and activate the appliance. If the problem occurs again, contact an Authorised Service Centre. For alarm codes not described in the table, contact an Authorised Service Centre.
THE WASHING AND DRYING RESULTS ARE NOT SATISFACTORY
Refer to “Before first use”, “Daily use” or “Hints and tips” for other possible causes.
- Refer to the rating plate for other values.
- If the hot water comes from an alternative source of energy, (e.g. solar panels, aeolian energy), use the hot water supply to decrease energy consumption.
INFORMATION FOR TEST INSTITUTES
For all the necessary information for test performance, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Write down the product number (PNC) that is on the rating plate.
Recycle the materials with the symbol. Put the packaging in applicable containers to recycle it. Help protect the environment and human health and to recycle waste of electrical and electronic appliances. Do not dispose of appliances marked with the symbol household waste. Return the product to your local recycling facility or contact your municipal office.
FAQs ZANUSSI Dishwasher
Where can I buy Zanussi appliances?
Zanussi appliances can be purchased at many home appliance retailers, both in-store and online. Some popular retailers that carry Zanussi appliances include Amazon, AO, Currys PC World, and John Lewis.
What is the warranty on Zanussi appliances?
The warranty on Zanussi appliances varies depending on the specific product and the country in which it is purchased. However, most Zanussi appliances come with a standard one-year warranty, which covers any manufacturing defects or faults.
Are Zanussi appliances energy-efficient?
Yes, many Zanussi appliances are designed to be energy-efficient. The brand offers a range of appliances that are rated A+++ for energy efficiency, which is the highest rating possible. Additionally, Zanussi products are designed to be eco-friendly, using materials that are sustainable and safe for the environment.
Does Zanussi offer installation services?
Yes, Zanussi offers installation services for many of its products. However, the availability of installation services may vary depending on the specific product and the country in which it is purchased. Customers can contact Zanussi customer service for more information on installation services.
What should I do if my Zanussi appliance is not working properly?
If your Zanussi appliance is not working properly, you should first consult the user manual or online troubleshooting guides for help. If the problem persists, you can contact Zanussi customer service for assistance. In some cases, repairs may be covered under the product warranty.
Are Zanussi appliances reliable?
Zanussi appliances are generally considered to be reliable and well-made. The brand has a reputation for producing high-quality appliances that are designed to last for many years. However, as with any brand, there can be occasional issues with specific products or models.
Can I recycle my old Zanussi appliance?
Yes, Zanussi encourages customers to recycle their old appliances. The brand offers a recycling program that allows customers to dispose of their old appliances in an environmentally responsible way. Customers can contact Zanussi customer service for more information on the recycling program.
Does Zanussi offer extended warranties?
Yes, Zanussi offers extended warranties on many of its products. These warranties can provide additional coverage beyond the standard one-year warranty that comes with most products. Customers can contact Zanussi customer service for more information on extended warranties.
How do I register my Zanussi appliance?
Customers can register their Zanussi appliance online by visiting the brand’s website and filling out the registration form. Registering your appliance can help ensure that you receive important updates and information about your product, as well as warranty and technical support.
Where can I find product manuals for my Zanussi appliance?
Zanussi product manuals can be found online on the brand’s website. Customers can search for their specific product model and download the manual in PDF format. Additionally, many retailers that sell Zanussi appliances may also provide product manuals to customers.
For more manuals by ZANUSSI, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/ZANUSSI-Dishwasher.pdf” download=”all”]