VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Vicks is a brand of consumer healthcare products owned by the American company Procter & Gamble. The brand is known for its range of cough and cold products, including cough drops, vapor rubs, and humidifiers. Vicks humidifiers are designed to add moisture to the air to help relieve symptoms of dry air and congestion, particularly during the winter months. The Vicks Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is one of the most popular products in the
Vicks humidifier line is known for its ease of use and low maintenance. In addition to humidifiers, Vicks also produces a range of other healthcare products, including thermometers, inhalers, and nasal sprays.
This humidifier adds water vapor to the surrounding air which may help the user breathe better.
If you have any questions about the operation of your Vicks Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, call our toll-free Consumer Relations line at 1-800-VAPOR-1-2 or e-mail us at ConsumerRelations@HelenofTroy.com
IMPORTANT! READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Important Safety Instructions
READ AND SAVE THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRICAL SHOCK, AND INJURY TO PERSONS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- The appliance should ALWAYS be placed on a firm, flat, waterproof surface at least four feet (1.2 m) away from the bedside, 12 inches (30 cm) from the wall, and out of reach of patients, children, and pets. Be sure the appliance is in a stable position and the power cord is away from heated surfaces and out of the way to prevent the humidifier from being a tripping hazard.
- The appliance should not be left unattended in a closed room. Leave the room door partly open. DO NOT aim Mist Outlet directly at walls, furniture, and bedding.
- Before using the appliance, extend the cord and inspect for any signs of damage. DO NOT use the unit if the cord has been damaged. DO NOT operate with the power cord coiled or twist tie in place.
- The appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other) as a safety feature. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- To avoid fire or electric shock hazards, plug the appliance directly into a 120V AC electrical outlet. To avoid the risk of fire, electric shock, or personal injury, DO NOT use an extension cord or power strip.
- The appliance should ALWAYS be unplugged and emptied when not in operation or while being cleaned. Shut off and unplug the humidifier before moving. DO NOT move or tilt the humidifier while it is in operation. Plug and unplug the unit with dry hands. NEVER pull by the cord.
- The appliance requires regular cleaning. Refer to and follow cleaning instructions.
- DO NOT operate outdoors; this appliance is intended for indoor residential use only.
- DO NOT cover or insert objects into any openings on the unit.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this appliance. Doing so will void your warranty.
- DO NOT place in direct sunlight, high-temperature areas, or near computers or sensitive electronic equipment.
- DO NOT touch the nebulizer while the unit is plugged in as burns could result.
- DO NOT touch skin with exposed VapoPad or place VapoPad on furniture, fabric, bedding, or plastic.
- DO NOT add any medications or essential oils (e.g. Kaz Inhalant or Vicks VapoSteam) into Mist Outlet, Base, Water Reservoir or Water Tank.
Getting to Know Your Vicks VUL525/545 Series Humidifiers
How it Works
Water is released from the Water Tank into the Reservoir. A Nebulizer vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency, breaking the water into a fine mist. The mist is quietly propelled by a fan up a vertical Mist Chamber to the Mist Outlet where the cool, visible mist enters the room. This humidifier will shut off when the water level is low or when the Tank is removed from the Base.
- Mist Nozzle
- Tank Handle (Back of Unit)
- Mist Outlet
- Water Tank
- Power Knob
- VapoPad Door
- Tank Cap
VUL525/VUL545 Series Accessories (Not Included)
The following optional accessories work great with your humidifier.
Vicks VapoPads (One menthol VapoPad sample included)
Use Vicks VapoPads with your humidifier for soothing vapors. Enjoy up to 8 hours of soothing comfort per pad. Choose from three scents: Soothing Menthol Vapors, Comforting Sleepy Time Comfort (eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender), and Calming Vapors (menthol and lavender).
Protec® Antimicrobial Cleaning Products (Not Included)
These products feature an antimicrobial, Aquastat®, that helps keep your humidifier cleaner, and longer. Simply drop it in the tank for a fresh, cleaner mist! Benefits of using these products include:
- Kills up to 99% of odor-causing bacteria
- Keeps cleaning for up to 30 days
- Contains no harmful chemicals
Setting Up Your Humidifier
Unpack the Humidifier
Keep this Owner’s Manual for reference
- Remove packaging materials. Remove the twist tie from the power cord and extend the power cord to full length.
- Place on a firm, level, water-resistant surface a minimum of 12” (30cm) from any walls. The mist should be directed away from any walls, bedding, and furniture.
Hard Water and White Dust
- High mineral content in your water, also known as hard water, may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. This mineral residue is commonly referred to as white dust. The higher the mineral content (hardness) of your water, the greater the potential that an ultrasonic humidifier may produce white dust.
- White dust is not a result of a defect or flaw in the humidifier. It is a result of the number of minerals suspended in the water you are using.
- To reduce white dust, use distilled water or a Protec PDC51V2 Demineralization Cartridge available through Consumer Relations; see back of this manual.
NOTE: Tank should be carried using two hands. One hand uses the carrying handle located on a tank top and the other hand supports the base of the tank.
Helen of Troy will not accept responsibility for property damage caused by water spillage.
VUL525 holds 1/2 gallon (1.9L) of water and VUL545 holds 1 gallon (3.8L) of water (tank and reservoir combined).
Always turn the humidifier off before removing the Water Tank.
- Remove the Water Tank and turn it upside down. Remove Tank Cap by turning counterclockwise (left). Fill the Tank with cool water. DO NOT fill with warm or hot water.
- Replace Tank Cap by turning clockwise (right), and aligning the arrow to the lock symbol. Be sure the Gasket is in place.
- Place Tank on Base. Water will drain from the Tank into the Reservoir when the Plunger is engaged.
Using Your Humidifier
NOTE: Position the humidifier to direct mist output away from walls, furniture, and bedding.
- With the Power Knob in the OFF position, plug the humidifier into a polarized 120V outlet.
CAUTION: TO AVOID ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT PLUG THE HUMIDIFIER INTO AN OUTLET WITH WET HANDS.
- Turn Power Knob to the right to turn it on, then turn left or right to set desired mist level.
- Humidity Level: When a comfortable humidity level is reached, turn Power Knob to a lower setting.
A comfortable humidity level is between 40-60%. Consider using a humidity monitor to display the current room humidity and temperature.
CONDENSATION: If you notice condensation on the walls, windows, or around the humidifier, the humidity level is too high. Open the doors to the room or turn off the humidifier until the humidity level drops.
This humidifier features a directional Mist Outlet. Use this feature to direct the mist where you want it most.
The Outlet will rotate up to 180º.
Using Vicks VapoPads
Your humidifier can be used with Vicks VapoPads to provide up to 8 hours of soothing vapors.
One free sample of the Vicks Soothing Menthol VapoPad is included with your humidifier. To use your unit with Vicks VapoPads:
- Open VapoPad Door by pressing the button.
- Open VapoPad by tearing the notch on the padded bag. DO NOT touch the pad with your hands. If the pad is touched DO NOT rub your face or eyes as it may cause irritation.
- Insert Vicks VapoPad with an angled end facing towards the product. Push pads into VapoPad Slot. Close door.
- After 8 hours, discard VapoPad. Push the button to eject VapoPads.
To continue using VapoPads, repeat steps 1-4.
VapoPad Recommended Usage:
- Not recommended for infants under 10 lbs (4.5 kg).
- For children between 10-22 lbs (4.5-10 kg ) do not use more than 2 pads in a 24 hr period.
Scent Pad Ingredients: VSP-19, VSP-19-CAN: Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Glycol, Cedar Leaf Oil & Others
Using The Demineralization Cartridge:
This humidifier has been designed to be used with the Protec PDC51V2 or PDC51CV2 Demineralization Cartridge (not included). In hard water areas, use of distilled water or a demineralization cartridge with tap water will help minimize the production of white dust. Cartridges can be ordered through Consumer Relations; see back of this manual.
For best results, use fresh clean water every day.
To properly clean your humidifier we recommend the separate processes of Scale Removal and Disinfecting shown below. These two processes must be performed separately.
All maintenance should be done in the kitchen or bathroom on a water-resistant surface near a faucet. DO NOT wash any components of this humidifier in the dishwasher.
Instructions for Scale Removal
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Remove the Water Tank from the Base. Remove Tank Cap, taking care that the rubber Cap Gasket does not come off. Empty water from Water Tank and Base.
- If Antimicrobial Cleaning Product is installed, remove Antimicrobial Cleaning Product and set it aside. DO NOT clean Antimicrobial Cleaning Products. This will damage the Antimicrobial Cleaning Product.
- Add 2 cups of undiluted distilled white vinegar to the Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap and swish the vinegar solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. The vinegar solution will drain into Water Reservoir and loosen mineral buildup (scale) on Nebulizer and Float as they soak in the solution. It will also loosen the scale on the bottom of the Water Tank.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, unlock Tank Cap and pour the solution out into the sink. Pour the solution from Water Reservoir out into the sink. Wipe Nebulizer and Float with a soft cloth to remove loosened mineral deposits.
- Rinse Water Reservoir and Water Tank until the smell of vinegar (for the Scale Removal process) or bleach solution (for Disinfecting process) is gone. Make sure water does not enter the fan opening (vented opening on the right side of the Reservoir) or Power Knob.
CAUTION: DO NOT SUBMERGE THE BASE IN WATER. DOING SO WILL DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER AND VOID THE WARRANTY.
Instructions for Disinfecting
- Follow Steps 1-3 in Scale Removal Instructions in the previous section.
- For Step 4: Add ½ tsp of bleach to ½ gallon (1.9L) of water and add to Tank. Replace Tank Cap. Swish the solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. The bleach solution will drain into Reservoir and will disinfect Reservoir and other components as they soak.
NOTE: Using more than ½ tsp of bleach to ½ gallon of water may result in damage to your humidifier.
- See steps 5-7 in Scale Removal Instructions in the previous section to complete Disinfecting process.
NOTE: DO NOT mix vinegar and bleach solutions together. Scale Removal and Disinfecting must be done separately.
End-Of-Season Care And Storage
- Follow the CLEANING instructions when the humidifier will not be used for at least one week, or at the end of the season.
- At the end of the season, remove any accessories used with the humidifier and allow the humidifier and accessories to dry completely before storing.
- DO NOT store water inside the Base, Reservoir, or Tank.
- Pack the unit safely and store it in a cool, dry location.
TO ORDER REPLACEMENT PARTS CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS
- Call us toll-free at 1-800-VAPOR-1-2 (1-800-827-6712)
- E-mail: ConsumerRelations@HelenofTroy.com
- Or visit our website at: www.VicksHumidifiers.com
Please be sure to specify model number VUL525 or VUL545.
NOTE: Failure to keep this unit clean from mineral deposits normally contained in any water supply will affect the efficiency of the operation of this unit. Customer failure to follow these instructions may void the warranty.
If your humidifier is not working properly, refer to the following:
The Vicks VUL525 and VUL545 models are rated at 120V, 60Hz., 25W.
This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC rules.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for Consumer ISM equipment, pursuant to Part 18 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy, and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference with radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio TV technician for help.
2-Year Limited Warranty
YOU SHOULD FIRST READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS PRODUCT.
- This 2-year limited warranty applies to the repair or replacement of products found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use, or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under
this warranty. KAZ IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
- At its option, Kaz will repair or replace this product if it is found to be defective in material or workmanship.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
- This warranty does not cover the filters, pre-filters, UV bulbs, or other accessories (if included) except for material or workmanship defects.
Call us toll-free at 1-800-827-6712 or e-mail: ConsumerRelations@HelenofTroy.com
Please be sure to specify a model number.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT OR PERSONAL INJURY.
© 2021 All rights reserved.
Kaz USA, Inc., a Helen of Troy Company 400 Donald Lynch Blvd., Suite 300, Marlborough, MA 01752
In Canada: Distributed by Kaz Canada, Inc., a Helen of Troy Company 6700 Century Avenue, Suite 210, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 6A4 www.VicksHumidifiers.com
Certain trademarks are used under license from The Procter & Gamble Company or its affiliates. Protec® is a trademark of Helen of Troy Limited. Aquastat is a registered trademark of K2 Concepts, Inc., Atlanta, GA. Made and printed in China.
For Responsible recycling, please visit: www.RecycleNation.com
FAQs VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
What is the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier?
The VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a device that adds moisture to the air in your home or office. It uses ultrasonic technology to create a fine mist that is dispersed into the air to help relieve dryness and congestion.
How do I set up the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier?
To set up the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, follow these steps:
Fill the water tank with clean, cool water.
Replace the tank onto the base of the humidifier.
Plug the humidifier into a power outlet.
Press the power button to turn on the humidifier.
Can I add essential oils to the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier?
No, you should not add essential oils to the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. Doing so can damage the humidifier and create a safety hazard.
How often should I clean the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier?
You should clean the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier at least once a week. This will help prevent the growth of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
How do I clean the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier?
To clean the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, follow these steps:
Unplug the humidifier and empty any remaining water from the tank.
Remove the tank from the base of the humidifier.
Use a soft brush or cloth to clean the inside of the tank.
Use a solution of one part vinegar and one part water to clean the base of the humidifier.
Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water.
Allow all parts to air dry before reassembling the humidifier.
How much water does the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist filter-free Humidifier hold?
The VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier has a water tank that holds up to 1.2 gallons of water.
Can I use tap water in the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier?
Yes, you can use tap water in the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. However, using distilled water may help reduce the buildup of mineral deposits in the humidifier.
Can the VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic Cool Mist filter-free Humidifier help with allergies?
The VICKS Filter Free Ultrasonic filter-free Humidifier may help alleviate some allergy symptoms by adding moisture to the air and reducing dryness and irritation in the nasal passages. However, it is not a cure for allergies and should be used in conjunction with other allergy treatments as recommended by a healthcare professional.
For more manuals by VICKS visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/VICKS-Filter-Free-Ultrasonic-Cool-Mist-Humidifier.pdf” download=”all”]