UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna
Ubiquiti Networks, Inc., commonly known as Ubiquiti, is an American technology company that specializes in wireless data communication products. They are known for developing and manufacturing a wide range of networking equipment, including wireless access points, routers, switches, security cameras, and other network devices.
Ubiquiti products are designed to provide reliable and high-performance wireless connectivity for both residential and enterprise applications. Their products often feature advanced technologies, such as long-range wireless capabilities, mesh networking, and centralized management systems. Many of their devices are popular among IT professionals, network administrators, and enthusiasts who require robust and scalable networking solutions.
Thank you for purchasing the Ubiquiti Networks® airGrid®M5 HP. This Quick Start Guide is designed to guide you through installation and includes warranty terms.
The Grid Reflector and mounting hardware are packaged separately. Products may be different from pictures and are subject to change without notice.
- 10 mm or 3/8″ wrench
- Shielded Category 5 (or above) cabling should be used for all wired Ethernet connections and should be grounded through the AC ground of the PoE. We recommend that you protect your networks from harmful outdoor environments and destructive ESD events with industrial‑grade, shielded Ethernet cable from Ubiquiti Networks. For more details, visit: www.ubnt.com/toughcable
The air grid mounted outdoors with the Grid Reflector installed provides directional outdoor coverage (gain reflector‑dependent).
The air grid mounted outdoors without the Grid Reflector installed provides outdoor‑to‑indoor coverage using the 3 dBi Antenna Feed only.
- Signal In airOS®, you can modify the wireless signal strength threshold values for each LED on the Advanced tab under Signal LED Thresholds. The default values are shown below:
- LED will light green when the wireless signal strength is above ‑65 dBm.
- LED will light green when the wireless signal strength is above ‑73 dBm.
- LED will light amber when the wireless signal strength is above ‑80 dBm.
- LED will light red when the wireless signal strength is above ‑94 dBm.
- Ethernet The Ethernet LED will light steady green when an active Ethernet connection is made and flash when there is activity.
- Power The Power LED will light green when the device is connected to a power source.
Assemble the airGrid according to your chosen polarization.
- Attach the L-Bracket to the Grid Reflector by sliding the tabs into the slots.
IMPORTANT: The polarization of the airGrids must match on both ends of the wireless link (horizontal to horizontal, vertical to vertical).
- On the front of the air grid, ensure the polarization indicator, V or H, properly matches your desired polarization.
- Attach the Rear Housing:
- Ensure the four alignment holes on the Grid Reflector and L-Bracket are lined up.
- Orient the Rear Housing with the locking tab of the cable feed door facing up.
- Insert the alignment pins of the Rear Housing into the alignment holes, and push until the Rear Housing locks into place with a click.
- Lift the locking tab of the cable feed door and detach the door from the Rear Housing.
- Route an Ethernet cable through the Rear Housing. Connect the cable to the Ethernet port on the back of the Antenna Feed.
- Attach the Antenna Feed:
- Rotate the Antenna Feed to match the signal polarization.
- Insert the Antenna Feed into the Rear Housing, and push until it locks into place with a click.
- Lightly pull the Antenna Feed to ensure that the Release Button is fully engaged and locked into place.
Note: If you need to remove the Antenna Feed, you must depress the Release Button first.
- The Release Button indicates the Antenna Feed polarization. Confirm that the polarization indicator, V or H, on the Antenna Feed matches the indicator on the Grid Reflector.
IMPORTANT: The polarization indicators must match.
- Re-attach the cable feed door to the Rear Housing. Ensure the locking tab securely latches to the Rear Housing.
- Insert the U-Bolt into the Pole Clamp and L-Bracket. Secure each end of the U-Bolt with a Washer and Flange Nut. Note: The mounting assembly can accommodate a 32 ‑ 56 mm (1.25 ‑ 2.2″) pole.
Connect the power using one of the following options:
- Using the included Gigabit PoE Adapter: Go to Connecting to the PoE Adapter.
- Using a separate PoE switch: Connect the Ethernet cable from the device to a PoE‑enabled Ethernet port on the switch.
WARNING: The switch port must comply with the power specifications listed in the Specifications section of this Quick Start Guide.
Connecting to the PoE Adapter
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the device to the POE port of the PoE Adapter.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your LAN to the adapter’s LAN port.
- Connect the Power Cord to the adapter’s power port. Connect the other end of the Power Cord to a power outlet.
Mounting the PoE Adapter (Optional)
- Remove the PoE Mounting Bracket from the adapter, place the bracket at the desired location, and mark the two holes.
- Pre‑drill the holes if necessary, and secure the bracket using two fasteners (not included).
- Align the adapter’s slots with the tabs of the PoE Mounting Bracket, and then slide the adapter down.
Verify connectivity in the airOS Configuration Interface and select the airGrid antenna size.
- Make sure that your host machine is connected via Ethernet to the device.
- Configure the Ethernet adapter on your host system with a static IP address of 192.168.1.x subnet.
- Launch your web browser and type https://192.168.1.20 in the address field. Press enter (PC) or return (Mac).
Note: The Country setting for U.S. product versions is restricted to a choice of Canada, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. to ensure compliance with FCC/IC regulations.
- Select the airGrid antenna size:
- a. Click the Wireless tab.
- b. From the Antenna drop‑down list, select the appropriate option.
- c. Click Change to save.
- d. Click OK to confirm.
Customize additional settings as needed to complete the installation. For additional details on the airOS Configuration Interface, refer to the User Guide available at: www.ubnt.com/download/airmax You can also manage your device using the Ubiquiti® Network Management System. Setup using the UNMS™ app requires the U‑Installer, sold separately.
Installer Compliance Responsibility
Devices must be professionally installed and it is the professional installer’s responsibility to make sure the device is operated within local country regulatory requirements.
Since Ubiquiti Networks equipment can be paired with a variety of antennas and cables, the Antenna and Output Power fields are provided to the professional installer to assist in meeting regulatory requirements.
- Read, follow, and keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
WARNING: Do not use this product in a location that can be submerged by water.
WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
Electrical Safety Information
- Compliance is required with respect to voltage, frequency, and current requirements indicated on the manufacturer’s label. Connection to a different power source than those specified may result in improper operation, damage to the equipment, or pose a fire hazard if the limitations are not followed.
- There are no operator-serviceable parts inside this equipment. Service should be provided only by a qualified service technician.
- This equipment is provided with a detachable power cord which has an integral safety ground wire intended for connection to a grounded safety outlet.
- a. Do not substitute the power cord with one that is not the provided approved type. Never use an adapter plug to connect to a 2‑wire outlet as this will defeat the continuity of the grounding wire.
- b. The equipment requires the use of the ground wire as a part of the safety certification, modification or misuse can provide a shock hazard that can result in serious injury or death.
- c. Contact a qualified electrician or the manufacturer if there are questions about the installation prior to connecting the equipment.
- d. Protective earthing is provided by a Listed AC adapter. Building installation shall provide appropriate short‑circuit backup protection.
- e. Protective bonding must be installed in accordance with local national wiring rules and regulations.
UBIQUITI NETWORKS, Inc (“UBIQUITI NETWORKS”) warrants that the product(s) furnished hereunder (the “Product(s)”) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment by UBIQUITI NETWORKS under normal use and operation. UBIQUITI NETWORKS’ sole and exclusive obligation and liability under the foregoing warranty shall be for UBIQUITI NETWORKS, at its discretion, to repair or replace any Product that fails to conform to the above warranty during the above warranty period. The expense of removal and reinstallation of any Product is not included in this warranty. The warranty period of any repaired or replaced Product shall not extend beyond its original term.
The above warranty does not apply if the Product:
- has been modified and/or altered, or an addition made thereto, except by Ubiquiti Networks, or Ubiquiti Networks’ authorized representatives, or as approved by Ubiquiti Networks in writing;
- has been painted, rebranded, or physically modified in any way;
- has been damaged due to errors or defects in cabling;
- has been subjected to misuse, abuse, negligence, abnormal physical, electromagnetic, or electrical stress, including lightning strikes, or accidents;
- has been damaged or impaired as a result of using third-party firmware;
- has no original Ubiquiti MAC label, or is missing any other original Ubiquiti label(s); or
- has not been received by Ubiquiti within 30 days of issuance of the RMA.
In addition, the above warranty shall apply only if: the product has been properly installed and used at all times in accordance, and in all material respects, with the applicable Product documentation; all Ethernet cabling runs use CAT5 (or above), and for outdoor installations, shielded Ethernet cabling is used, and for indoor installations, indoor cabling requirements are followed.
No Products will be accepted for replacement or repair without obtaining a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number from UBIQUITI NETWORKS during the warranty period, and the Products being received at UBIQUITI NETWORKS’ facility freight prepaid in accordance with the RMA process of UBIQUITI NETWORKS. Products returned without an RMA number will not be processed and will be returned to freight collection or subject to disposal. Information on the RMA process and obtaining an RMA number can be found at: www.ubnt.com/support/warranty
EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN, UBIQUITI NETWORKS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR THIRD PARTY DATA, SERVICE, SOFTWARE, AND HARDWARE PROVIDERS HEREBY DISCLAIM AND MAKE NO OTHER REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, QUALITY OF SERVICE OR RESULTS, AVAILABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, LACK OF VIRUSES, QUIET ENJOYMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON‑INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES
ARISING FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT NEITHER UBIQUITI NETWORKS NOR
ITS THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS CONTROL THE BUYER’S EQUIPMENT OR THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. UBIQUITI NETWORKS, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, DELIVERY FAILURES, DATA LOSS, CONTENT CORRUPTION, PACKET LOSS, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
In addition, UBIQUITI NETWORKS does not warrant that the operation of the Products will be error‑free or that operation will be uninterrupted. In no event shall UBIQUITI NETWORKS be responsible for damages or claims of any nature or description relating to system performance, including coverage, buyer’s selection of products (including the Products) for buyer’s application and/or failure of products (including the Products) to meet government or regulatory requirements.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LOCAL LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL UBIQUITI OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST DATA, OR DOWNTIME COSTS), ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER BASED IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some countries, states, and provinces do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or conditions, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. You may have other rights that vary from country to country, state to state, or province to province. Some countries, states, and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. EXCEPT TO
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, THESE WARRANTY TERMS DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT OR MODIFY, AND ARE IN ADDITION TO, THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE LICENSE OF ANY SOFTWARE (EMBEDDED IN THE PRODUCT) TO YOU. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to any transactions regarding the sale of the Products.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions.
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operations of this equipment in a residential area are likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
This radio transmitter FCC ID: SWX‑M5G has been approved by FCC to operate with the antenna types listed below with the maximum permissible gain and required antenna impedance for each antenna type indicated. Antenna types not included in this list, having a gain greater than the maximum gain indicated for that type, are strictly prohibited for use with this device. Antenna Information: Grid antenna, Gain: 23 dBi
- Website www.ubnt.com
- Support help.ubnt.com
- Community community.ubnt.com
- Downloads downloads.ubnt.com
FAQS About UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna
Q: What is the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna?
A: The UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna is a high-performance wireless outdoor CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) device designed for point-to-point or point-to-multipoint wireless network connections. It operates in the 5 GHz frequency band and offers long-range connectivity with high throughput.
Q: What is the purpose of the Innerfeed Antenna in the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series?
A: The Innerfeed Antenna is the integrated antenna system within the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series device. It is responsible for transmitting and receiving wireless signals for establishing wireless network connections. The Innerfeed Antenna design helps optimize the device’s performance and range.
Q: What is the maximum range of the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna?
A: The maximum range of the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna can vary depending on several factors, including the environment, obstacles, and interference. However, it is designed to provide long-range connectivity, typically reaching several kilometers in optimal conditions.
Q: What is the power supply requirement for the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna?
A: The UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna is powered through Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. It requires a PoE injector or PoE switch capable of providing 24V DC power to operate the device.
Q: Can the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna be used indoors?
A: While the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna is primarily designed for outdoor use, it can technically be used indoors. However, its high-powered operation and directional antenna design are more suitable for long-range outdoor deployments. For indoor wireless networking, there are other UBIQUITI devices better suited to those environments.
Q: Does the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna support dual-polarization?
A: Yes, the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna supports dual-polarization. It utilizes both vertical and horizontal polarizations to enhance signal strength and reduce interference, allowing for reliable wireless connectivity over longer distances.
Q: Is the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna compatible with other UBIQUITI devices?
A: Yes, the UBIQUITI AirGrid M5 HP Series Innerfeed Antenna is compatible with other UBIQUITI devices that operate in the 5 GHz frequency band. It can be used alongside other UBIQUITI wireless devices, such as access points, routers, and switches, to create a comprehensive wireless network infrastructure.
For more manuals by Ubiquiti, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/UBIQUITI-AirGrid-M5-HP-Series-Innerfeed-Antenna-User-Guide.pdf” download=”all”]