Sigma Mount Converter MC-11 for Sigma Mounts to Sony E Cameras
SIGMA is a manufacturer that creates and sells interchangeable lenses, digital cameras, and other photographic equipment. They have only made goods linked to photography and video since their founding in 1961. In other words, they are a business that exclusively develops photography-related technologies.
The ideal equipment for unique, unforgettable moments. Products and services that are ground-breaking, never-before-seen, and of the highest caliber are accessible anywhere in the world. SIGMA pursues innovation and exploration with unprecedented enthusiasm and dedication, guided by these unbounded principles as its objectives.
Thank you for purchasing the SIGMA Mount Converter MC-11. The Mount Converter MC-11 allows you to use your SIGMA interchangeable lenses with Sony E-mount camera bodies. Please read this instruction manual before using the mount converter. In addition, please also refer to the instruction manual for your lens and camera.
- Please attach the front cap to the lens when the Mount Converter MC-11 is mounted to a camera. Otherwise, it could cause a fire if exposed to sunlight.
- Due to the shape of the mount parts, gentle handling is recommended to avoid any injury.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PARTS (image 1)
- Lens Detachment Lever
- Camera Mount Index
- LED Lamp
- Camera-side Mount
- Lens Mount Index
- Lens-side Mount
- USB Terminal Cover
- USB Terminal
The Mount converter in image 1 is the CANON EF-E type. The position of the lens detachment lever is different in the SIGMA SA-E type.
Each model has a dedicated lens mount to convert.
Please refer to [Table A] for a list of compatible Sigma lenses.
- The compatible lenses are listed in [Table A] (as of April 2016). Please also visit our web site for latest up-to-date information.
Web site address: http://www.sigma-global.com/
- The lenses marked “DG” in [Table A] are for full-size image sensor cameras. The lenses marked “DC” are for cameras with an APS-C format image sensor.
- The lenses marked “DC” in [Table A] are compatible with the [Auto] mode of the [APS-C Size Capture] function in a full-size camera.
- For the lens marked “” in [Table A], the minimum aperture value at the wide-angle end will be limited to 13.
- Apart from compatible lenses in the list, accurate operation is not guaranteed. Also, there are some lenses that would not physically fit in the Mount Converter MC-11.
- The Mount Converter MC-11 is not compatible with teleconverters.
Please refer to the instruction manual of your camera.
Soon after switching the power of the camera ON, the LED lamp on the Mount Converter MC-11 will light up for about 3 seconds. The LED lamp makes it easier to recognize whether the attached lens is compatible or not, as well as whether the control data of the mount converter needs to be updated.
- Lens firmware can be updated using the SIGMA USB DOCK (sold separately). For details, please visit the following website: http://www.sigma-global.com/
- For updating lens data, it is necessary to install the latest version of SIGMA Optimization Pro. SIGMA Optimization Pro can be downloaded free of charge from the following website: http://www.sigma-global.com/download/
- In order to correctly connect the Mount Converter MC-11 to your computer, please click “Help” in SIGMA Optimization Pro.
- To access information on the lens data update, the computer must be connected to the internet.
- Please use the dedicated USB cable supplied with the Mount Converter. Using a different type of cable may cause a malfunction.
Select the focus mode of the camera to AF-S for autofocus operation, and set the focus mode switch of the lens to “AF”.
- It is not compatible with AF-C or AF-A
- Manual Focus is required for video shooting.
- The lenses within the [AF] column can have the focus adjusted by turning the focus ring after AF sets the focus point.
- The lenses within the [DMF] column are compatible with the DMF mode of cameras. (The lenses with require USB DOCK to set the [Full-time MF function] [ON] via SIGMA Optimization Pro.)
In order to use manual focusing, it is necessary to set the focus mode switch of the lens to the “M” position.
- Depending on the cameras, some camera bodies may require the focus mode of the camera to be set to “Manual Focus”.
OPTICAL STABILIZATION (OS) FUNCTION
Depending on the combination of camera and lens, the operation of the Optical Stabilization (OS) / SteadyShot functions are different. Please refer to the following table;
The Mount Converter MC-11 has a dust and splashproof construction. Although this product can be used under light rain, it is different from being waterproof. It requires extra attention when used by the waterside. Also, make sure the cover of the USB terminal is firmly sealing the port when the device is attached to a lens. When the internal mechanism of the product is damaged by water, it may not be possible for it to be repaired.
The specifications are for SIGMA Mount Converter MC-11 SA-E.
FAQS About Sigma Mount Converter MC-11 for Sigma Mounts to Sony E Cameras
Describe the MC-11 adaptor.
You may use your interchangeable SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA EOS mount lenses with the Sony E-mount camera body thanks to the new MOUNT CONVERTER MC-11.
The Sigma MC-11 is compatible with which Canon lenses?
Sony E-mount camera bodies are compatible with 27 interchangeable SIGMA lenses.
A Sigma lens’ mount may be changed.
You have the option of switching the mount on your current SIGMA lenses to a different mount.
Sony cameras and Sigma lenses are they compatible?
Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, and Sigma cameras are just a few of the camera brands that work with Sigma lenses.
Describe Sigma MC.
Owners of interchangeable lenses with the SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA’s CANON EF mount can use their expensive lenses on L-Mount camera bodies thanks to the SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-11.
A Sigma adapter is what?
Sigma EF-mount lenses can be used with Sony E-mount mirrorless camera bodies thanks to the MC-11 Mount Converter.
Can Sony and Canon use Sigma lenses?
My SIGMA lenses are compatible with these full-frame Sony and Canon cameras without a problem.
Do Sigma optics only fit Sony cameras?
For well-known camera brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Leica, and cine alternatives, Sigma lenses are among the top choices.
What does Sigma mean?
SIGMA is a manufacturer that creates and sells interchangeable lenses, digital cameras, and other photographic equipment.
For more manuals by Sigma, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/-Mount-Converter-MC-11-for-Sigma-Mounts-to-Sony-E-Cameras-Instruction-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]