Sharper Image UHS1-SI Ultrasonic Humidifier
About Sharper Image
Sharper Image is a well-known American brand that specializes in selling a wide variety of innovative and high-tech products. The company was founded in 1977 by Richard Thalheimer with the goal of offering unique and cutting-edge consumer products that cater to various aspects of modern living. The brand gained popularity for its upscale, high-quality gadgets, electronics, and lifestyle products.
Throughout its history, Sharper Image has offered products ranging from electronic gadgets, personal care items, home appliances, audio and video equipment, massage chairs, air purifiers, and much more. Many of their products incorporate advanced technology and design, often focusing on improving convenience, entertainment, and well-being.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This owner’s guide and any additional inserts are considered part of the product. They contain important information about safety, use, and disposal. Before using the product, please familiarize yourself with all operating and safety instructions. Please keep all documents for future reference and pass these documents on, together with the product, to any future owner. See sihomecomfort.com to view, download and print the most current version of these instructions.
This product is intended to circulate the air in indoor living spaces only in the United States and Canada. This product is not intended for outdoor, commercial, or industrial use. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage or injury due to unauthorized use or product modification. Failure to follow these directions will void the product warranty. Before first use, please ensure the product is fully charged. Refer to the GETTING STARTED portion of this owner’s guide.
Risk to Children and Impaired Persons
- Supervision is required during the installation, operation, cleaning, and maintenance of this product by children aged 12 years and younger and anyone with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance, its parts, and packaging material.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, observe the following
- Place this product away from curtains, draperies, tablecloths, and other fabrics, since they may be drawn into the fan, damage the motor, and/or cause a fire.
- No part of this product (the appliance, power cord, plug, packaging, etc.) should be placed near furnaces, fireplaces, stoves, or other high-temperature heat sources. Do not use this product in a window, on an uneven or unstable surface, or near water.
- The appliance, power supply, power cord, and plug cannot come into contact with water. Do not use this product on wet surfaces. Do not use this product in a bathtub or shower or position the product where it may fall into a bathtub, laundry, swimming pool, or other water container.
- Do not run a cord under the carpeting. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route the cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange the cord away from the traffic area so that it will not be tripped over. The cord should not hang over the edges of counters or be placed where it can be crimped or closed indoors. Place the appliance near an easily accessible outlet so the product can be unplugged quickly during an emergency.
SAFE USE WARNING
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, observe the following:
- WARNING To reduce the likelihood of circuit overload, fire, and electric shock, do not operate with a solid-state speed device, such as a dimmer control switch۔
- Do not operate any fan with a damaged cord or plug. Do not operate the product if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way. If damaged, discard the fan immediately (see PRODUCT DISPOSAL). To avoid the risk of electrical shock, do not attempt to repair or replace parts. Contact (833.800.8669) or (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further instructions about the replacement.
- The product contains a lithium-ion battery. Do not operate or charge the fan if the unit is hot to touch or the fan body is bulging. Contact consumer service immediately.
- When battery operated fan is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects such as paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause sparks, burns, or a fire.
- A battery-operated fan with integral batteries shall be recharged only with the specified charger for the battery. A charger that may be suitable for one type of battery may create a risk of fire when used with another battery.
- Risk of Overheating – Do not charge the fan from an external power bank or battery pack.
- Risk of fire – Use battery-operated fan only with installed battery. The battery is not removable or replaceable. Do not attempt to access it.
- Never use the cord as a handle or otherwise yank, strain, or stretch the power cord.
- While the product is plugged in, do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any input or output opening as this may cause a risk of electric shock or fire, or damage the product.
- A loose fit between the wall outlet (receptacle) and the plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Discontinue use of the product in this outlet. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlets.
- Before moving, repositioning, servicing, cleaning, and when not in use, use the product controls to turn off the power and then unplug. Also, power off and unplug if the product will be left unattended for an extended period of time or during electrical storms.
- Electric shock can occur when liquid comes in contact with electricity. Be careful when removing the water tank and refilling it to avoid electric shock.
- Turn the humidifier off if the relative humidity exceeds 60%. Humidity levels above 60% may allow moisture to build up indoors and condense on surfaces, where microorganisms can settle and grow. For accurate readings, use a hygrometer which is available at most hardware stores and home centers.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, observe the following:
- Clean your product regularly, only as instructed in this manual. Prior to cleaning, turn off the power on your product and unplug it. Do not use gasoline, thinners, solvents, ammonia, or other chemicals for cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided.
- Do not open appliance housing. To avoid the risk of shock, all service and or repairs must be done by contacting (833.800.8669) or (email@example.com).
- Protect against the growth of mold, mildew, and other microorganisms by emptying the water tank immediately after each use. If water is left in the tank for longer than 8 hours, thoroughly clean and disinfect the unit as described in the section of this Owner’s Guide referenced as CLEANING.
This equipment has been tested and complies with the CFR 47 Part 18 FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Contact Vornado Customer Service or a dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-001.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Supplier’s FCC Declaration of Conformity
Unique Identifier: Sharper Image Model UHS1
Responsible Party: Vornado Air LLC
Mailing Address: 415 E. 13th St., Andover, KS 67002
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- MIST NOZZLE
Location for the mist to project out into the air.
- MIST SPOUT
Guides the mist from inside the humidifier to the mist nozzle. The mist spout is not removable.
- WATER TANK
Easy to fill, install, clean and view water level. 0.66-gallon capacity.
- CARRY HANDLE
Integrated carry handle for lifting and carrying.
Easy-to-remove cap for refilling water tank
Durable and easy to clean.
- CLEANING BRUSH
Used for cleaning base and ultrasonic disk
- ULTRASONIC DISK (INTERNAL)
Shatters water into a fine visible mist
HOW TO USE
Before use, check the humidifier for leaks and visible damage that may have occurred during shipping.
DO NOT USE if there is evidence of damage.
FILLING WATER TANK
- Unplug the humidifier and place it on a level surface
Note: Spills can occur during cleaning, moving, or refilling the water tank, so be careful to avoid spills.
- Remove the water tank by grasping the water tank handle and pulling it toward you.
- Turn the water tank upside down and remove the cap (turn the cap counterclockwise to open)
- Fill the water tank with cool tap water and replace the cap (turn clockwise to close)
TIP: If you have hard water or water with excessive minerals, we recommend using distilled water to help reduce white dust and mineral buildup.
- Lower the water tank into the base, positioning the water tank cap outlet valve over the raised post in the base. Once in the nested position, the outlet valve inside the cap opens, releasing water into the base.
Any additives, such as aroma fragrances should not be used in the water tank or base. These additives can cause cracks in the plastic of the humidifier and may affect performance. Any use of such additives voids the manufacturer’s warranty
HOW TO USE
Easily operate and control mist settings with the illuminated touch power button. Touch to cycle through high and low mist settings as follows:
- MODE 1 – Powers humidifier on and high mist setting
- MODE 2 – Low mist setting
- MODE 3 – Powers humidifier off
The illuminated LED around the power icon will illuminate when the unit is powered on.
HOW TO USE
- HIGH MIST SETTING
Operation for fast humidification of small to medium-sized rooms. The high-speed operation will evaporate approximately 1.4 gallons of water in 24 hours of continuous operation. (This assumes room conditions of 70º F and 30% relative humidity.)
- LOW MIST SETTING
Operation for quiet, nighttime use or smaller rooms. On Low operation, your humidifier may run without refilling for extended periods.
TIP: Lower the mist setting or turn off the humidifier if moisture forms on walls or windows.
- LOW WATER INDICATOR & AUTO SHUTOFF
When the humidifier detects a low water level, the Power Button LED will flash red to indicate the water tank needs to be refilled before automatically powering off. Refill the tank and power the humidifier back on to resume operation.
Proper cleaning is essential to the air quality and performance of your humidifier. The frequency in which your humidifier will need to be cleaned will vary depending on use, water hardness, and outside environmental factors.
It is recommended, assuming average use, to thoroughly clean weekly or when algae, mineral deposits, or other particles begin to form. If the humidifier is turned off with water in the base and not turned back on for 8 hours or longer, or if the humidifier is not cleaned as recommended, you may experience some growth of algae or bacteria. These microorganisms may become airborne.
NOTE: Do not use gasoline, thinners, solvents, or other chemicals for cleaning.
- Turn the humidifier off, and unplug it from the wall.
- Remove the water tank and empty the tank and any remaining water in the base
- On occasion, the water tank may need to be gently wiped down or cleaned to remove the buildup of impurities. Clean with a mild detergent and rinse with clean tap water.
- Clean the base using a soft cloth or the cleaning brush (included) with a mild detergent and rinse with clean tap water. Do not submerge the base in water.
- Locate the ultrasonic disk underneath the mist spout in the base. Use the cleaning brush to gently clean the disk. Do not scrub or scrape the ultrasonic disk. Do not clean the ultrasonic disk with any other tool than the provided cleaning brush.
- Wipe the outer surface of the unit with a soft, damp cloth if needed.
During the off-season or after extended periods of non-use, you may choose to store your humidifier. To ensure the long life of the product, it is recommended to store your humidifier by following these instructions:
TIP: Cleaning is recommended before storage.
- Unplug the power cord and bundle it loosely.
- Let the humidifier dry completely before storing. Do not store water inside the water tank or base.
- Cover, or place back in retail carton if available. This will prevent the humidifier from accumulating dust over time.
- Store the humidifier in a cool and dry location.
Disposal: Dispose of all packaging materials in an environmentally responsible manner
If you’re not satisfied with this product, let us know
Vornado Air, LLC warrants to the original consumer or purchaser that this Sharper Image® Fan (“Product”) is free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. If any such defect is discovered within the warranty period, Vornado, at its discretion, will repair or replace the Product at no cost.
For warranty or repair service
Call 833-800-8669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Authorization (“RA”) form. Please have or include your Product’s model number and serial number, as well as your name, address, city, state, zip code, and phone number when contacting Vornado for warranty service.
After receiving the RA form, ship your Product to Vornado Air LLC Attn
Warranty & Repair 415 East 13th Street Andover, KS 67002. For your convenience, please have your model number and serial number when contacting Vornado with service inquiries. To assure proper handling, packages must be clearly marked with the RA number. Packages not clearly marked with the RA number may be refused at the receiving dock. Please allow 1-2 weeks for repair and return of your Product after the Product is received.
Repairs not covered by the warranty or outside the warranty period will require a fee to cover the cost of materials, labor, handling, and shipping. This warranty does not apply to defects resulting from abuse of the Product, modification, alteration, mishandling, improper maintenance, commercial use, or repair or service of the Product by anyone other than Vornado; damages which occur in shipment or are attributed to acts of God. Improper product use, which includes using an external device that alters or converts the voltage or frequency of electricity, or shipping a Vornado product to a country not intended for use will void all warranties. Any unauthorized product modification, repair by an unauthorized repair center, or use of non-approved replacement parts is not recommended and any consequences will not be covered by support services or product warranties. The product warranty will be honored only on models that are being used in the country intended.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. VORNADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above -limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage caused by failure to follow these instructions or improper product use. Any such actions will invalidate the product warranty.
All company names and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © All rights reserved. All technical information, data, and instructions for the installation, connection, and operation contained in these instructions for use correspond to the latest available information at the time of printing. The contents of this manual may differ slightly from the actual product. Observe any additional supplements.
©2020 Vornado Air LLC, Andover, Kansas 67002 USA.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sharper Image® name and logo are registered trademarks.
Manufactured, marketed, and distributed under license by Vornado Air LLC, Andover,
Manufactured in China.
U.S. Patents Pending.
Sharper Image® Distributed under license by Vornado Air LLC, Andover, Kansas 67002.
FAQS About Sharper Image UHS1-SI Ultrasonic Humidifier
Dust is produced by ultrasonic humidifiers?
White dust is produced by two different types of humidifiers: portable impeller humidifiers and whole-house or portable ultrasonic humidifiers.
What type of water is ideal for an ultrasonic humidifier?
How much time may water be left in a humidifier?
Even while a few days may not seem like much in the broad scheme of things, they are long enough to possibly pose an issue.
How frequently should a humidifier replace its water?
Make mist ultrasonic humidifiers?
Through the use of a metal diaphragm vibrating at a high frequency, they create a warm or chilly mist.
What advantages can an ultrasonic humidifier offer?
Humidifiers that use ultrasound don’t produce any heat. Because they don’t boil water to create water vapor, they are safer than steam humidifiers. If the humidifier is used in a child’s room, this may be very significant. However, many evaporative humidifiers can also work without heat or boiling water.
Are filtered water ultrasonic humidifiers safe to use?
In order to safeguard your health and the health of your family, it is crucial that you always use filtered, purified water in the humidifiers, regardless of the type you now own or intend to buy.
Will boiling water work in an ultrasonic humidifier?
Water that is hot or cold cannot be used in a humidifier.
How high or low should ultrasonic humidifiers be set?
In order to prevent your floors from getting wet, ultrasonic humidifiers should always be positioned at least 2 feet above the ground.
Are ear-safe ultrasonic humidifiers available?
The air is then spread out with the water droplets, adding moisture to the area. Because the ultrasonic frequencies that the device generates are completely safe, ultrasonic humidifiers are secure.
For more manuals by Sharper Image, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Sharper-Image-UHS1-SI-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Instructions-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]