Sharper Image AXIS 42 Airbar Tower Fan with Remote
About Sharper Image
Sharper Image is a well-known American brand that specializes in selling a wide variety of innovative and high-tech products. The company was founded in 1977 by Richard Thalheimer with the goal of offering unique and cutting-edge consumer products that cater to various aspects of modern living. The brand gained popularity for its upscale, high-quality gadgets, electronics, and lifestyle products.
Throughout its history, Sharper Image has offered products ranging from electronic gadgets, personal care items, home appliances, audio and video equipment, massage chairs, air purifiers, and much more. Many of their products incorporate advanced technology and design, often focusing on improving convenience, entertainment, and well-being.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This owner’s guide and any additional inserts are considered part of the product. They contain important information about safety, use, and disposal. Before using the product, please familiarize yourself with all operating and safety instructions. Please keep all documents for future reference and pass these documents on, together with the product, to any future owner. See sihomecomfort.com to view, download and print the most current version of these instructions.
This product is intended to circulate the air in indoor living spaces only in the United States and Canada. This product is not intended for outdoor, commercial, or industrial use. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage or injury due to unauthorized use or product modification. Failure to follow these directions will void the product warranty. Before first use, please ensure the product is fully charged. Refer to the GETTING STARTED portion of this owner’s guide.
Risk to Children and Impaired Persons
- Supervision is required during the installation, operation, cleaning, and maintenance of this product by children aged 12 years and younger and anyone with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance, its parts, and packaging material.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, observe the following
- Place this product away from curtains, draperies, tablecloths, and other fabrics, since they may be drawn into the fan, damage the motor, and/or cause a fire.
- No part of this product (the appliance, power cord, plug, packaging, etc.) should be placed near furnaces, fireplaces, stoves, or other high-temperature heat sources. Do not use this product in a window, on an
uneven or unstable surface, or near water.
- The appliance, power supply, power cord, and plug cannot come into contact with water. Do not use this product on wet surfaces. Do not use this product in a bathtub or shower or position the product where it may fall into a bathtub, laundry, swimming pool, or other water container.
- Do not run a cord under the carpeting. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route the cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange the cord away from the traffic area so that it will not be tripped over. The cord should not hang over the edges of counters or be placed where it can be crimped or closed indoors. Place the appliance near an easily accessible outlet so the product can be unplugged quickly during an emergency.
SAFE USE WARNING
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, observe the following:
- To reduce the likelihood of circuit overload, fire, and electric shock, do not operate with a solid-state speed device, such as a dimmer control switch۔
- Do not operate any fan with a damaged cord or plug. Do not operate the product if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way. If damaged, discard the fan immediately (see PRODUCT DISPOSAL). To avoid the risk of electrical shock, do not attempt to repair or replace parts. Contact (833.800.8669) or (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further instructions about the replacement.
- The product contains a lithium-ion battery. Do not operate or charge the fan if the unit is hot to touch or the fan body is bulging. Contact consumer service immediately.
- When battery operated fan is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects such as paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause sparks, burns, or a fire.
- A battery-operated fan with integral batteries shall be recharged only with the specified charger for the battery. A charger that may be suitable for one type of battery may create a risk of fire when used with another battery.
- Risk of Overheating – Do not charge the fan from an external power bank or battery pack.
- Risk of fire – Use battery-operated fan only with installed battery. The battery is not removable or replaceable. Do not attempt to access it.
- Never use the cord as a handle or otherwise yank, strain, or stretch the power cord.
- While the product is plugged in, do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any input or output opening as this may cause a risk of electric shock or fire, or damage the product.
- A loose fit between the wall outlet (receptacle) and the plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Discontinue use of the product in this outlet. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlets.
- Before moving, repositioning, servicing, cleaning, and when not in use, use the product controls to turn off the power and then unplug. Also, power off and unplug if the product will be left unattended for an extended period of time or during electrical storms.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, observe the following:
- Clean your product regularly, only as instructed in this manual. Prior to cleaning, turn off the power on your product and unplug it. Do not use gasoline, thinners, solvents, ammonia, or other chemicals for cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided.
- Do not open appliance housing. To avoid the risk of shock, all service and/ or repairs must be done by an Authorized Service Center.
- This product employs overload protection (fuse). A blown fuse indicates an overload or short-circuit situation. If the fuse blows, unplug the product from the outlet. Replace the fuse as per the user servicing instructions (follow product marking for proper fuse rating) and check the product. If the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may be present and the product should be discarded or returned to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
User Servicing Instructions
- Using the product controls, turn off the appliance.
- Grasp the plug (not the cord) and disconnect from the outlet.
- Risk of Fire. Replace fuse only with 2.5 Amp, 125 Volt fuse as approved by Consumer Service. For an authorized replacement fuse, please contact Consumer Service.
- Once the replacement is received, use a small flat-head screwdriver to slide open the fuse cover (located on the plug) (See Fig. A).
- Remove the fuse by using the screwdriver to gently lift each end of the fuse (See Fig. B).
- Install the replacement fuse by using the screwdriver to gently push each metal end of the fuse into the receptacle one at a time. Do not push on the center of the fuse—it is fragile and may break.
- Slide the fuse cover closed using the screwdriver. When closed, the cover should fit completely in the plug. No part of the cover should stick out (See Fig. C).
- Plug your appliance into the outlet and turn the power on.
- If the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may be present and the product should be discarded or returned to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
Risk of fire. Do not replace the attachment plug. Contains a safety device (fuse, AFCI, LCDI) that should not be removed. Discard the product if the attachment plug is damaged.
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Contact Customer Service or a dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Supplier’s FCC Declaration of Conformity
Unique Identifier: Sharper Image Models: GO 4, GO 4C
Responsible Party: Vornado Air LLC
Mailing Address: 415 E. 13th St., Andover, KS 67002
- Fan Body
- Top Half Magnetic Base Parts (2)
- Bottom Half Magnetic Base Parts (2)
- AAA Batteries (2) (Not Shown)
The AXIS 32/42 can be used in one of two orientations: horizontal or vertical.
For HORIZONTAL orientation
- Lay the fan body horizontally.
- Install the 2 bottom-half magnetic base parts, one on each end of the fan body. Take care to align the notch on each bottom base part with the notch on the fan body.
- Install the 2 top half-magnetic base parts. Again, take care to align the notches on the base parts with the notches on the fan body. When properly installed, the top and bottom base parts will magnetically click into place.
For VERTICAL orientation
- Lay the fan body horizontally.
- Locate the power cord. This will be the bottom of the product in the vertical orientation.
- Install the 2 bottom-half magnetic base parts to the bottom of the fan head (the end with the power cord). Take care to align the notch on each bottom base part with the notches on the fan body.
- Install the 2 top half-magnetic base parts on the other end of the fan head. Again, take care to align the notches on the base parts with the notches on the fan body. When properly installed, the base parts will magnetically click into place.
- Lift the product to a vertical orientation to use
HOW TO USE
POWER ON / OFF
- Touch to power unit on and off.
- There are three speeds: HIGH, MEDIUM, and LOW.
- Touch to a lower speed. Touch to increase speed.
This product comes with a remote control. The remote control functions are the same as the control panel on the product.
The remote control requires 2 AAA batteries (included but not installed). To install the batteries, remove the cover located on the underside of the remote control. If necessary, clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation. Remove any plastic protection from the batteries. On the inside of the battery cover, there is a + and a – sign indicating which
direction you should insert your batteries. Ensure the batteries are installed correctly with regard to polarity. Then replace the cover on the bottom of the remote. For battery replacement, always use the correct size and grade of battery for this product.
Remove batteries from the remote control when not in use for an extended period of time and always remove dead batteries immediately and replace them with fresh ones. Do not store dead batteries in the remote.
The remote requires a line-of-sight path to allow for the signal to be received by the tower. Position the tower so the receiver lens (located at the top of the product) is visible from the remote control.
CLEANING & STORAGE
Your fan will need regular cleaning. The fan has no user-serviceable parts inside and cannot be opened for cleaning. Never clean the product in any manner other than instructed in this owner’s guide.
- Power off and unplug the unit prior to cleaning.
- Dust or wipe the fan with a damp cloth.
- Use the brush attachment on your household vacuum cleaner to vacuum any accumulated dust.
During the off-season or after extended periods of non-use, you may choose to store your fan. To ensure the long life of the product, it is recommended to store your fan by following these instructions:
- Unplug the power cord and bundle it loosely.
- Cover, or place back in retail carton if available. This prevents the fan from accumulating dust over time.
- Store the fan in a cool and dry location.
Vornado Air, LLC warrants to the original consumer or purchaser that this Sharper Image® Fan (“Product”) is free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. If any such defect is discovered within the warranty period, Vornado, at its discretion, will repair or replace the Product at no cost.
For warranty or repair service
Call 833-800-8669 or email email@example.com to obtain a Return Authorization (“RA”) form. Please have or include your Product’s model number and serial number, as well as your name, address, city, state, zip code, and phone number when contacting Vornado for warranty service.
After receiving the RA form, ship your Product to Vornado Air LLC Attn
Warranty & Repair 415 East 13th Street Andover, KS 67002. For your convenience, please have your model number and serial number when contacting Vornado with service inquiries. To assure proper handling, packages must be clearly marked with the RA number. Packages not clearly marked with the RA number may be refused at the receiving dock. Please allow 1-2 weeks for repair and return of your Product after the Product is received.
Repairs not covered by the warranty or outside the warranty period will require a fee to cover the cost of materials, labor, handling, and shipping.
This warranty does not apply to defects resulting from abuse of the Product, modification, alteration, mishandling, improper maintenance, commercial use, or repair or service of the Product by anyone other than Vornado; damages which occur in shipment or are attributed to acts of God. Improper product use, which includes using an external device that alters or converts the voltage or frequency of electricity, or shipping a Vornado product to a country not intended for use will void all warranties.
Any unauthorized product modification, repair by an unauthorized repair center, or use of non-approved replacement parts is not recommended and any consequences will not be covered by support services or product warranties. The product warranty will be honored only on models that are being used in the country intended. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER.
VORNADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above -limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage caused by failure to follow these instructions or improper product use. Any such actions will invalidate the product warranty.
All company names and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © All rights reserved. All technical information, data, and instructions for the installation, connection, and operation contained in these instructions for use correspond to the latest available information at the time of printing. The contents of this manual may differ slightly from the actual product. Observe any additional supplements.
©2020 Vornado Air LLC, Andover, Kansas 67002 USA.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sharper Image® name and logo are registered trademarks.
Manufactured, marketed, and distributed under license by Vornado Air LLC, Andover,
Manufactured in China.
U.S. Patents Pending.
Sharper Image® Distributed under license by Vornado Air LLC, Andover, Kansas 67002.
For more manuals by Sharper Image, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Sharper-Image-AXIS-42-Airbar-Tower-Fan-with-Remote-Guide.pdf” download=”all”]