Rokinon IO85AF-E 85mm Auto Focus Lens
Rokinon is a brand known for manufacturing camera lenses and other optical equipment. It is part of the Samyang Optics Company, which is a South Korean optical equipment manufacturer. Rokinon lenses are often praised for their affordability and good optical quality, making them a popular choice among photographers and videographers, especially those on a budget.
Thank you for purchasing the Rokinon Autofocus 85mm F1.4 Sony E mount lens. It’s advanced optical design is engineered
specifically for Sony mirrorless cameras.
- The Rokinon AF 85mm F1.4 is designed for optimal quality imaging with the most advanced Sony full-frame image sensor cameras.
- It performs equally as well on Sony APS-C sensor mirrorless cameras as a high-speed 127.5mm equivalent AF telephoto lens.
- It’s perfect for portraits and candids while offering a performance that competes with the best in its class.
- The fast 1.4 maximum aperture provides exceptional low-light performance and selective focus control.
- Its eleven elements in eight groups design utilizes four High Refractive Index elements, one Extra Low Dispersion element, and UMC anti-reflective coating on all surfaces. This helps to minimize aberrations and maximize image quality and contrast even at wide-open aperture.
- Autofocusing is performed by two Linear Ultrasonic Motors that provide very fast, precise, and quiet operation.
- Its size, shape, and grip have been ergonomically designed for enhanced stability and comfortable use.
- Weather sealing and a robust all-metal design provide dust and moisture resistance with a luxurious look and excellent durability.
To maintain your safety and prevent damage to the lens, please fully familiarize yourself with the following:
- Do not look directly at the sun through the lens as it may seriously impair your vision.
- Do not apply excessive force when attaching the lens to the camera as it may cause damage to the lens or your camera.
- The lens is a precision optical product, so dropping or excessive impact may cause product failure.
- Attach or detach the lens only while the camera is turned off.
- Be careful not to touch or contaminate the gold contacts on the mount as it can adversely affect communication with the camera.
- Protect the lens from water, high humidity, and excessive heat.
- Always store the lens with the lens cap on in a dry and well-ventilated location out of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight passing through the lens could become concentrated enough to cause a fire.
- Avoid subjecting the lens to drastic temperature changes such as moving from a very cold outdoor location to a warm indoor location. This can cause moisture in the air to condense inside or on the outside of the lens and lead to failure or mold production. Before taking the lens indoors from a cold outdoor location, put the lens in a plastic bag or sealed camera bag and remove it only when the lens has warmed up to room temperature.
- When mounting the lens make sure that it clicks in place otherwise it may detach and cause damage or injury.
- Do not modify or try to repair the lens as this will void the warranty.
- Do not apply excessive force on the lens when it is attached to the camera. It may damage the lens and camera mount.
- Do not leave the lens in direct sunlight as this could cause a Fire.
- Ensure that the lens is operating properly by testing it on your camera before shooting an important event.
- Do not look directly at the sun through a camera with a lens attached as may damage your eyesight.
- It is extremely important before cleaning to dust off the lens surface using a lens blower or a soft brush to remove any foreign particles or grit that could scratch the lens.
- Using a clean microfiber lens cloth, gently wipe the lens in a circular motion from the center outwards towards the edges of the glass.
- If stubborn spots remain, put only one or two small drops of ethanol or reputable lens cleaner on the microfiber cloth and repeat the circular cleaning process. DO NOT USE AN ORGANIC SOLVENT SUCH AS PAINT THINNER, ALCOHOL, OR BENZENE.
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Lens Hood
- Soft lens pouch
- Instruction manual
- Warranty Card
Attaching the lens
- Remove the rear lens cap and the camera body cap.
- Align the white index mark (dot) on the lens barrel with the white index mark (dot) on the lens mount of the camera.
- Do not press the lens release button on the camera when mounting the lens.
- Insert the lens into the camera mount and rotate it clockwise until it “clicks” and locks in place. Do not insert the lens at an angle.
- Remove the front lens cap when you are ready to shoot.
Detaching the Lens
- Attach the front lens cap.
- While holding down the lens release button on the camera body, rotate the lens counterclockwise until it stops and separate the lens from the body.
- Attach the rear lens cap.
- Filter mounting threads
- Manual focus ring
- Lens mount
- Lens mounting index
- Hood index
Sony mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras offer various methods of focusing. For detailed information regarding the available focus mode settings for your particular model, refer to the instruction manual of your camera. Functions supported by the lens may vary.
- AF-S (Single-Shot AF): Autofocus operates when the shutter button is pressed halfway down. Once the subject is in focus, the focus is locked. It is suitable for shooting motionless subjects such as landscapes or snapshots.
- AF-C (Continuous AF): Autofocus continues to operate and keeps adjusting the focus while the shutter button is pressed and held halfway down. It is suitable for shooting moving subjects such as sports.
- AF-A (Automatic AF): When the shutter button is pressed halfway down, the camera automatically recognizes whether the subject is moving or not, and switches the AF mode between AF-S and AF-C accordingly. Use this mode to shoot various subjects at the same time, or to avoid switching the AF mode manually.
- DMF (Direct Manual Focus): Allows you to use manual focus and autofocus in combination. Press the shutter button halfway down to focus automatically. Keep the shutter button halfway down and rotate the focusing ring on the lens to fine focus.
- MF (Manual Focus): Allows you instead of the camera to adjust the focus by rotating the focusing ring on the lens. MF is effective when autofocus does not work well such as in macro shooting
Mounting a Filter
The lens is equipped with a non-rotating filter mount on the front of the lens that accepts 77mm size Filters. The product specifications and design are subject to change without notice. Only one filter typically should be mounted at one time. If two or more filters are mounted at the same time, vignetting may occur.
The supplied hood is designed specifically for the Rokinon AF 85mm F1.4 lens for optimum effectiveness. It should be used at all times to help prevent contrast-reducing flare and for added protection.
- To mount the hood, align the white index mark (dot) of the hood with the white hood index mark (dot) of the lens and rotate the hood clockwise until you hear and feel it click in place. – The minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the object.
- To remove the hood, grasp it firmly and turn counter-clockwise.
- The minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the object
- Elite Brands Inc. Rokinon Division New York, NY 10005
- Toll Free: 800.441.1100
- Phone: 212.947.7100
- ROKINON® is a registered trademark of Elite Brands Inc. ©2019, Elite Brands Inc., New York, NY 10005
- The product specifications and design are subject to change without notice.
FAQS About Rokinon IO85AF-E 85mm Auto Focus Lens
Have Rokinon optics been autofocused?
Rokinon will include imaging-optimized components into autofocus lenses.
What is the 85mm lens’s shortest focusing distance?
What distance works best with an 85mm lens?
2.8 feet away from the target of your attention.
What are the advantages of an 85mm lens?
The 85mm focal length produces highly attractive, slimming facial features.
Is 85mm suitable for landscape?
Why is a portrait lens 85mm?
The perspective distortion of a wide-angle lens and the enhanced compression of a larger telephoto lens are nicely balanced by an 85mm lens.
An 85mm lens is unnecessary.
Can you photograph products with an 85mm lens?
usually use a telephoto lens of at least 85mm
Is an 85mm travel lens suitable?
These lenses are traditional favorites among street and portrait photographers who travel.
Is 85 mm suitable for sports?
The 85mm lens might be the ideal choice in a number of basketball shooting situations.
For more manuals by Rokinon, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Rokinon-IO85AF-E-85mm-Auto-Focus-Lens-Instruction-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]