Rokinon 35mm Auto Focus Compact Wide Angle Lens
Rokinon is a brand known for manufacturing camera lenses and other optical equipment. It is part of the Samyang Optics Company, which is a South Korean optical equipment manufacturer. Rokinon lenses are often praised for their affordability and good optical quality, making them a popular choice among photographers and videographers, especially those on a budget.
- With an inconspicuous size, a slightly wide angle of view, and an 11.4” minimum focusing distance, it is perfect for, travel, stealthy street shooting, and landscapes.
- The fast F1.8 maximum aperture with a 9-blade iris provides low-light performance and smooth circular bokeh effects.
- Autofocusing utilizes an LSM (Linear Stepless Motor) for quiet, and smooth focus which is especially important when recording video.
- Ten elements in eight groups, including two Aspherical, and two High Refractive Index special elements plus Ultra Multi Coating, combine to maximize image quality and contrast even at a wide open aperture.
- The Custom Switch enables the Control Ring to function as a control for manually adjusting focus or aperture. Additional functions are being developed that can be added via firmware updates.
- The IF (Internal Focusing) design prevents both changes in length and front element rotation. This enables the easy use of polarizers and other filters that require precise positioning.
- The refined metal chassis offers excellent durability and is weather-sealed to help protect against dust and moisture.
- It is extremely important before cleaning to dust off the lens surface using a lens blower or a soft brush to remove any foreign particles or grit that could scratch the lens.
- For stubborn spots, use only one or two small drops of a reputable lens cleaner on a microfiber, and gently wipe the lens in a circular motion.
DO NOT USE AN ORGANIC SOLVENT SUCH AS PAINT THINNER, ALCOHOL, OR BENZENE.
To maintain your safety and prevent damage to the lens, please fully familiarize yourself with the following:
- Do not look directly at the sun through the lens as It may seriously impair your vision.
- Do not apply excessive force when attaching the lens to the camera as it may cause damage to the lens or your camera.
- The lens is a precision optical product, so dropping or excessive impact may cause product failure.
- Attach or detach the lens only while the camera is turned off.
- Protect the lens from water, high humidity, and excessive heat.
- Avoid subjecting the lens to drastic temperature changes such as moving from a very cold outdoor location to a warm indoor location. This can cause moisture in the air to condense inside and on the outside of the lens which can lead to failure or mold production. Before taking the lens indoors from a cold outdoors location, put the lens in a plastic bag or sealed camera bag and remove it only when the lens has warmed up to room temperature.
- Always store the lens with the lens cap on in a dry and well-ventilated location out of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight passing through the lens could become concentrated enough to cause a fire.
Attaching/Detaching the Lens
- Align the index mark on the lens barrel with the index mark on the lens mount of the camera.
- Do not press the lens release button on the camera when mounting the lens.
- Insert the lens into the camera mount and rotate it clockwise until it “clicks” and locks into place. Do not insert the lens at an angle.
- Remove the front lens cap when you are ready to shoot.
- To detach the lens, first attach the front lens cap.
- While holding down the lens release button on the camera body, rotate the lens counterclockwise until it stops, and separate the lens from the body.
- Detaching the Lens
The supplied hood is designed specifically for the ROKINON AF 35mm F1.8 Compact lens for optimum effectiveness. It should be used at all times to help prevent contrast-reducing flare, provide better contrast, and for added protection.
- To mount the hood, align the white index mark (dot) of the hood with the white hood index mark (dot) of the lens, and rotate the hood clockwise until you hear and feel it click into place.
- To remove the hood, grasp it firmly and turn counter- counter-clockwise.
Using the Custom Switch
The Custom Switch enables the custom control ring to function either as a manual focus control (Mode 1) or as an aperture control (Mode 2).
- MODE 1: When the camera is set to MF or DMF the custom control ring can be utilized to manually adjust focus.
When the camera is set to AF-S (Single-Shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), or AF-A (Automatic AF) the custom control ring is disabled. Available auto-focus modes will depend on your particular Sony model. For detailed information regarding available focus modes please refer to your camera’s instruction manual.
- MODE 2: The custom control ring can be utilized to manually adjust the aperture when the camera is set to any available autofocus mode.
- The minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the object.
- The product specifications and exterior are subject to change without notice.
- The supported functions of this product may vary according to the camera brand and model.
- Instruction Manual / Warranty
- Soft Lens Pouch Parts
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Removable Hood
- Custom Control Ring
- Lens Mount
- Custom Switch
- White Index Mark
Elite Brands Inc. ROKINON Division New York, NY 10005
ROKINON® is a registered trademark of Elite Brands Inc. @2020, Elite Brands Inc., New York, NY 10005
FAQS About Rokinon 35mm Auto Focus Compact Wide Angle Lens
Do Rokinon’s lenses have autofocus?
Rokinon will include imaging-optimized components into autofocus lenses.
Rokinon lenses are weatherproof.
ROKINON lenses come with weatherproofing.
Are Rokinon lenses image stabilized?
With these lenses, stabilization is not an option.
Where are lenses created by Rokinon?
All Rokinon lenses have manual focus, right?
The majority of the lenses have manual focus.
Can Rokinon lenses be used with Canon?
The lens is Canon EF Mounted.
What is Rokinon’s alternate name?
Rokinon, Bower, Opteka, Vivitar, Phoenix, and Quantaray are a few examples.
Owner of Rokinon?
Premium Brands Inc.
Can water harm lenses?
would typically not harm your camera or lens.
Does Sony support Rokinon lenses?
full Sony E-mount camera compatibility
For more manuals by Rokinon, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Rokinon-35mm-Auto-Focus-Compact-Wide-Angle-Lens-Instruction-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]