Rokinon 24mm DSX Cine Lens for Canon
Rokinon is a brand known for manufacturing camera lenses and other optical equipment. It is part of the Samyang Optics Company, which is a South Korean optical equipment manufacturer. Rokinon lenses are often praised for their affordability and good optical quality, making them a popular choice among photographers and videographers, especially those on a budget.
Instruction Manual Thank you for purchasing the ROKINON Cine DSX 24mm T1.5 Full Frame prime lens. Please read this instruction manual before use to familiarize yourself with the functions of the lens, the operating method, and caution.
- Available in mounts to fit all major camera brands, and offering Full Frame coverage, it will provide high-quality video and still images with Mirrorless and DSL cameras of any sensor size.
- The fast T1.5 aperture supports shooting even in low-light situations and can provide a shallow depth of field for precise selective focus control to highlight your subject.
- It offers full cine lens features including a de-clicked aperture control, industry-standard 0.8 MOD focus and aperture ring gearing, a precise and smooth long focus throw, T-stop calibration, and tight color matching.
- Additional features include a nine-blade aperture for smoother bokeh, weather-sealed mounts (Except Nikon), and the distance scales, aperture settings, and focal length markings are visible from both sides of the lens.
- The thirteen elements in twelve groups design utilizes six specialized elements including two Aspherical and four Extra Low Dispersion types with UMC anti-reflective coatings for clear and vibrant images.
- Its compact size and lightweight design with gears that are designed to be smoother to the touch, enhance comfort and stability for hand-held and gimbal shooting.
- Do not look directly at the sun through the lens as it may seriously impair your vision.
- Attach or detach the lens only while the camera is turned off.
- Protect the lens from water, high humidity, and excessive heat.
- Avoid subjecting the lens to drastic temperature changes such as moving from a very cold outdoor location to a warm indoor location. This can cause moisture in the air to condense inside or on the outside of the lens and lead to failure or mold production.
- Before taking the lens indoors from a cold outdoors location, put the lens in a plastic bag or sealed camera bag, and remove it only when the lens has warmed up to room temperature.
- DISTANCE SCALE INDEX
- LEFT SIDE DISTANCE SCALE
- FOCUSING RING
- HOOD MOUNT
- DEPTH OF FIELD SCALE
- APERTURE INDEX
- APERTURE RING
- RIGHT-SIDE DISTANCE SCALE
Attaching the Lens
- Align the index mark on the lens barrel with the index mark on the lens mount of the camera.
- Do not press the lens release button on the camera when mounting the lens.
- Insert the lens into the camera mount and rotate it clockwise (Counterclockwise for Nikon mounts) until it “clicks” and locks into place. Do not insert the lens at an angle.
- Remove the front lens cap when you are ready to shoot.
- Attach the front lens cap.
- While holding down the lens release button on the camera body, rotate the lens counterclockwise (Clockwise for Nikon mounts) until it stops and separate the lens from the body.
- Attach the rear lens cap.
Aperture Adjustment and Exposure Modes
If your camera will not record video or shoot in still mode, make sure you are in either Manual or Aperture Priority exposure control mode, and that “release without lens” is enabled within your camera’s menus.
- Aperture adjustment is done directly on the aperture ring of the lens, NOT from a control on your camera
- It is suggested that ISO be set manually, NOT on auto. Set it to a sensitivity appropriate for the subject, lighting conditions, and speed/aperture settings you want to utilize
Check your camera’s instruction book for manual focusing methods including Focus Peaking and Focus Magnification. Please note that available focusing methods may vary depending on your camera model.
- Set the Focus Mode of your camera to Manual Focus.
- Set the lens to its maximum aperture of T1.5. This enables you to critically focus by eliminating the influence that depth of field provides at smaller apertures.
- After achieving critical focus at T1.5, set your shooting aperture.
- Precise Inhnity Focus NOT located at the focus stop at the infinity end of the focus scale. The exact point on the focusing scale for critical infinity focus will vary depending on the camera and lens mount, wear, temperature, and normal design tolerances.
- It is extremely important before cleaning to dust off the lens surface using a lens blower or a soft brush to remove any foreign particles or grit that could scratch the lens.
- For stubborn spots, use only one or two small drops of a reputable lens cleaner on a microfiber cloth, and gently wipe the lens in a circular motion.
DO NOT USE AN ORGANIC SOLVENT SUCH AS PAINT THINNER, ALCOHOL, OR BENZENE.
- The minimum focus is the distance from the image sensor to the object.
- The product specifications and exterior are subject to change without notice.
- The supported functions of this product may vary according to the camera brand and model.
- Instruction Manual/ Warranty
- Soft Lens Pouch
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Elite Brands Inc. ROKINON Division New York, NY 10005
- Toll Free: 800.441.1100
- Phone: 212.947.7100
- ROKINON° is a registered trademark of Elite Brands In ©2020, Elite Brands Inc., New York, NY 10005
BEFORE SENDING YOUR ROKINON LENS OR ACCESSORY
- PLEASE CALL 1-800-441-1100 / (212) 947-7100
FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO OBTAIN A WARRANTY AUTHORIZATION
- If the product on the right is determined to be defective a warranty authorization number will be provided.
- Please include a copy of this document with all information filled in and dated proof of purchase.
- Pack the equipment carefully with sufficient cushioning material and ship it prepaid and insured for its full value ELITE BRANDS INC.,
- Attn: Service Dept., 40 Wall Street, 61st Floor, New York, NY 10005
Certificate of Quality
Thank you for Purchasing a Rokinon product. Rokinon lenses and accessories are renowned worldwide for delivering the performance required and exceptional value appreciated by both professional and beginner photographers/videographers. This certificate assures that the Rokinon product model and serial number below were manufactured by Samyang Optics in South Korea and incorporate their latest technology, attention to quality, and detail.
FAQS About Rokinon 24mm DSX Cine Lens for Canon
Canon and Rokinon lenses be used together?
Everything should go smoothly.
A Rokinon Cine is what size of thread?
Rokinon has a complete frame?
made for both full-frame and
Have Rokinon optics been autofocused?
Rokinon will include imaging-optimized components into autofocus lenses.
How can I determine whether a lens will work with my Canon camera?
Lens Mounts for Canon
How reliable are Rokinon Cine lenses?
Given the price, these lenses are remarkably well made.
Cine lenses—are they sharper?
A cine lens is likewise designed to guarantee full clarity throughout the frame, including in the corners.
What is Rokinon’s alternate name?
Rokinon, Bower, Opteka, Vivitar, Phoenix, and Quantaray are a few examples.
The best autofocus is which?
Where is Rokinon located?
Rokinon lenses are weatherproof.
II SERIES ROKINON lenses come with weatherproofing.
For more manuals by Rokinon, Visit Manualsdock