Pyle PLCM4590WIR Wireless Backup Rear View Camera
Pyle is a well-known consumer electronics company specializing in manufacturing a wide range of audio equipment and accessories. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Brooklyn, New York. Pyle Audio has built a reputation for producing affordable and quality audio products, catering to various consumer needs.
Please read all of the installation instructions carefully before installing the product. Improper installation will void the manufacturer’s warranty. The installation instructions do not apply to all types of vehicles and are written as guidelines to assist in installing the system. Please consult an experienced technician if you are not comfortable installing the product. Prior to using and installing the Backup Camera System, please read the safety information provided in this user manual. Be sure to use the product as outlined in this user manual. Altercation or modifications carried out without appropriate authorization may invalidate the user’s right to operate the equipment.
WARNING: Failure to read and follow these warnings and instructions may result in serious injury, including damaged property, so please pay close attention and exhibit the utmost care.
- The Digital Backup Camera is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting potentially hazardous driving conditions, obstructions, and large stationary objects. You, the driver, must also remember to drive safely and properly. Use of the Backup Camera is not a substitute for safe, proper, and legal driving practices.
- Never back up while looking only at the screen. You should always check behind and around the vehicle when backing up just as you would if the vehicle did not have the Backup Camera. Always make sure your driving area is clear. Always back up slowly and with caution.
- Never depend on the Backup Camera entirely when backing up. The image on the screen is different from actual and real-time conditions. Objects viewed in the rearview monitor differ from actual distances because a wide-angle lens is used. So use the camera as an aid and always follow intended driving practices to properly judge distances from objects.
- The Backup Camera’s assisted low lux lighting performance feature is also an aid to a driver. Always use your own eyes to confirm the vehicle’s surroundings, as the displayed image may be not well-lit or not entirely visible. Always proceed with caution and perform double-checks before proceeding.
- The area displayed by the Backup Camera is limited. It does not display objects that are close to or just below the bumper, underneath the vehicle or objects out of the camera’s view. The camera’s view can change according to your vehicle’s orientation on the road or changing road conditions.
- Be sure to check the camera is properly functioning, properly positioned, and securely mounted.
- Make sure your trunk or hatch is closed before and secured.
- Proceed with caution when cleaning your vehicle around the camera. Avoid excess water exposure around the camera, especially with spraying or a power washer.
- Please make sure to keep the camera clean and unobstructed from any debris
- Follow all traffic laws and motor vehicle regulations.
- Consult local laws and regulations for any restrictions on installation or use.
- Using a Backup Camera System is not adequate enough to completely eliminate a vehicle’s blind spot. Always remember to drive with caution, following all traffic laws.
System Installation and Wiring
Camera System installation on various vehicles may require a slightly different wiring install. These installation instructions do not apply to all types of vehicles. They are meant only as a general guide due to the large number of vehicle makes and models. Consult your local motor vehicle laws on the use of this product to be sure it is permitted.
Through installation of this backup camera system, you should be sure to not degrade, damage, or compromise the safety of any system or device on your vehicle. Improper installation and wiring of the vehicle backup camera system may damage the vehicle’s electrical system, including vital vehicle computers and operating systems. That could lead to an accident or re, causing property damage and /or serious personal injury. It is highly recommended to seek professional installation advice from a qualified auto electrician or, in the alternative, to have the installation performed by a qualified auto electrician.
* Note: Camera System installation on diesel vehicles may require a slightly different wiring setup — or may not be compatible with the vehicle power system, at all.
Caution: This unit is designed to operate on a 12V/24V DC NEGATIVE GROUND electrical system. Connecting to other types of electrical systems will cause damage to your vehicle. Please contact the manufacturer if you are unaware of the system type in your vehicle.
Please ensure that your monitor assembly is secured and mounted where it would NOT obstruct any OEM vehicle safety features. In the event of an accident, the manufacturer is not responsible for bodily injury caused by the monitor being a projectile. This rearview mirror assembly system is to be mounted over your vehicle’s existing rearview mirror. Ensure monitor location will not obstruct your vision while driving. The system has a clamp locking mechanism that easily clamps over your vehicle’s rearview mirror. The manufacturer assumes no liability for damage caused to your vehicle due to improper installation or use.
- The included 2.4Ghz wireless modules come in two parts, one is the “Transmitter”, and the other is the “Receiver”.
• When installing the transmitter accessory cable — it should connect to the camera — allowing the camera to transmit video.
• When installing the receiver accessory cable — it should connect to the monitor — allowing the screen to display video.
• Important Note* When installing, be sure to properly identify the Transmitter / Receiver.
- The accessory Transmitter/Receiver cables feature power wiring connections (some units feature ‘loose’ power cable wires with the ability to be ‘hard-wired’ to your vehicle — see the *Optional Hard-Wired Installation description later in the user manual) — otherwise, the vehicle camera and monitor system features a direct plug-and-play connection for system installation. Ensure proper power cable connection to allow successful camera system video transmission/reception.
Video Transmitter / Video Receiver
The yellow video connectors are used to transmit/receive the video signals. Ensure proper video cable connection to allow successful camera system video transmission/reception.
* Optional Hard-Wired Installation (Not available for all systems):
If you decide to create a hard-wired system connection to your vehicle, connect the transmitter’s red wire of the DC 12V power cable, to the positive 12V reverse tail light in the rear of your car. Then connect the black wire of the DC 12V power cable and ground properly. The transmitter should then be connected to the camera and will supply power to the camera directly.
If you decide to create a hard-wired system connection to your vehicle, connect the receiver’s red wire of the DC 12V power cable, to the positive 12V reverse tail light in the rear of your car. Then connect the black wire of the DC 12V power cable and ground properly. The transmitter should then be connected to the camera and will supply power to the camera directly.
Camera (Transmitter) Connection:
- Connect the transmitter’s RED power wire to your vehicle’s reverse light-positive wire connection.
- Connect the transmitter’s BLACK power wire to your vehicle’s reverse light negative wire connection.
- Connect the transmitter’s power and video connectors to the camera.
- Ensure the wires are safely and securely connected, with proper isolation applied to all connections. Determine the best location to mount the Wireless Transmitter Cable, as it is not waterproof and needs a safe and secure location.
Monitor (Receiver) Connection:
- Connect the receiver’s RED power wire to your vehicle’s reverse light-positive wire connection.
- Connect the receiver’s BLACK power wire to your vehicle’s reverse light negative wire connection.
- Connect the receiver’s video connector and power connector (if necessary) to the monitor.
- Ensure the wires are safely and securely connected, with proper isolation applied to all connections. Determine the best location to mount the Wireless Receiver Cable, as it is not waterproof and needs a safe and secure location.
- Determine the best location for the camera (Keep in mind that you must run the cable from the camera to the transmitter). You may need to drill a small hole in the panel near your license plate (The camera is preferably mounted just above the license plate).
- Be sure when running the connection cables to leave a small amount of slack so you can still move the camera around the license plate if you decide to adjust the camera’s positioning at a later time.
- Connect the wire from the Camera to the Wireless transmitter.
- You can now test the camera, activate your car, and turn the key into the accessory position. Your connected monitor will automatically power on if properly connected to a power source. Placing your vehicle in reverse should provide a picture.
2.4Ghz Rearview Mirror Monitor & Backup Camera System with Wireless Video Transmission, 4.3” -inch Display Screen
- Wireless Backup Camera & Monitor Parking Assist System
- Includes Camera, Monitor, and All Necessary Cables and wiring
- 2.4Ghz Wireless Video Transmission
- Reverse Camera Priority Signal Sense
- Instantly Sends Camera Video to LCD Display
- Automatic Turn-On Activation when Video Signal Received
- Wireless Video Transmission Distance: Up to 165 ft.
- Universal Car & Automobile Mounting Ability
What’s in the Box
- Mirror Monitor Assembly
- Backup Camera
- Transmitter/Receiver Connection Cables
- 4.3” -inch LCD Screen
- Designed to Replace Existing Vehicle Mirror Assembly
- Connects to 2.4Ghz Wireless Video Receiver
- Additional Video Monitor Connection Ability
- Video Resolution 480 x 272 Pixels
- Video System: NTSC/PAL
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2
- Contrast: 350:1
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10.6” x 3.5” x 1.8” –inches
- Connects to 2.4Ghz Wireless Video Transmitter
- Marine Grade Construction
- Waterproof & Fog Resistant, IP67 Rating
- Night Vision Low Lighting Capable
- Low Lux Performance 0.2 LUX
- Built-in Distance Scale Line Display
- Preferably Mounting Above the Rear License Plate
- Tilt Adjustable Camera Angle
- 480 TVL Horizontal Resolution
- True Color Reproduction
- Total Pixels: 628 x 586
- Wide Viewing Angle: 170 Degree
- Auto White Balance
- Power Supply: DC 12V
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 0.90” x 0.90” x 0.90” – inches
- Sold as: 1
FAQS About Pyle PLCM4590WIR Wireless Backup Rear View Camera
What position does a back camera need to be in?
Can a camera serve as a substitute for your rearview mirror?
Your original rearview mirror is replaced by this mirror monitor, which also has a built-in covert dash camera.
What distinguishes a rear view camera from a rear window camera?
Rear window cameras and cabin view cameras both have a remarkable 140° viewing angle. A 30° telephoto lens is used by the rear view camera to offer you a view that is comparable to what you would see in your front rear-view mirror.
Can the back camera be changed?
If a replacement backup camera lens is available, it will usually cost between $50 and $100 to do so.
What advantages does a back camera offer?
Permit clearer, wider-angle vision for drivers than what the rear-view mirror can offer.
What kind of mirror does a camera use?
Do backup cameras require electricity?
Both a wired supply and a power source grounded to your chassis are necessary for your camera.
How reliable are backup cameras?
The majority of cameras only offer an 80-degree field of vision from behind the car.
How crucial is the rearview camera?
Every car should have a rear view camera, which might save 58 to 69 lives annually.
Can a camera in a rearview mirror record?
Additionally, when you are driving, you may use them to keep an eye on and record what is going on around you.
For more manuals by Pyle, Visit Manualsdock