PHILIPS ADD4965 Dispenser
Philips refers to the Dutch global conglomerate firm Koninklijke Philips N.V., which was established in Eindhoven in 1891. Although the Benelux headquarters are currently in Eindhoven, it has been mostly headquartered in Amsterdam since 1997.
Main technical specification
- Child safety lock
- Indicator panel
- Water faucet
- Drip tray
- Lower cabinet door
- Filter reset button
- Water bottle cap with hose
- Water bottle
- Power switch
- Power cord
- Dispenser flushing drain
- Filter drain
Indicator panel and switch
- When the dispenser is heating the water in the hot water tank, the heating indicator light will be on.
- When the dispenser is cooling the water in the cold water tank, the cooling indicator light will be on.
- When there’s no water left in the bottle, the water shortage indicator will be on. Replace with a new bottled water and the indicator will switch off automatically.
- The filter lifetime indicator red light will start to flash when there are 15 days of filter lifetime left, it will stay on until the filter reaches the end of life. Replace the filter and reset the lifetime indicator as instructed, the indicator will switch off automatically afterward.
At the back of the dispenser, there is a red switch that controls the heating power and a green switch that controls the cooling power. You can turn it on when you need hot or cold water. If you first turn on the switch, for optimal temperature, the dispenser will need around 20 minutes for hot water and around an hour for cold water.
- Unpacking the water dispenser
- Cut and remove the straps from the box. DO NOT turn the box upside down, or lay it on its side. The bottom of the box is separate from the top section. Lift straight up on the top box section to remove the top box section. Remove the Styrofoam packaging and plastic bag. Lift the water dispenser off the bottom of the bottom of the box. Wipe it clean if necessary.
- Place the machine on a hard, flat surface. Make certain the unit is leveled. The unit should not be placed near direct sunlight or other source of heat.
- It is best to place the water dispenser in an area with good air circulation. Make sure there is at least 4 inches (10cm) of space between the back of your water dispenser and the wall. Keep a minimum distance of 2 inches (5cm) on each side of your water dispenser.
- Warning: the drain plug on the back of the unit may become loose during shipping. Fasten the drain plug tightly before you start to operate the unit. If the drain plug is loose, the unit may leak and cause floor damage.
- Settling water bottle
- Make sure the water dispenser is not plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Open the door of the lower cabinet.
- Place the full water bottle on the floor. Remove the plastic cover over the mouth of the water bottle. · Place the stainless tube inside the bottle and place the water bottle cap firmly over the mouth of the water bottle.
- Attach the hose to the top of the cap using the quick connect system shown below*. · Slide the bottle inside the cabinet and close the lower cabinet door.
- Your new water dispenser features an adjustable quick-connect system. For proper operation, make sure the connector is sealed tight (Fig. 1);
- The connector can be removed easily for cleaning with warm soapy water (Fig. 2);
- The stainless steel tube can be adjusted up and down to accommodate both 3-gallon and 5-gallon water bottles (Fig. 3).
Note: If there is not a secure connection between the hose cap and the connector on the water dispenser, the water pump will operate but the water dispenser will not dispense water. Make sure the hose is connected to the water dispenser correctly.
- Dispense water
- Plug the water dispenser into a grounded power outlet. The unit will pump the water from the water bottle into the cooling and heating tanks.
- Press the hot water button until the water flows out.
- Turn on the power switch on the back of the unit to heat or cool the water. The indicator light will be on when heating or cooling is working. To get optimal temperature, do not turn off the power switch until heating or cooling is done.
- Enjoy the hot or cold water you need.
- If you do not need hot or cold water, turn off the power switch to conserve energy.
Note: please wait until the water pump stops running before using the unit. If the water tank is not full, no water will dispense from the water faucet.
- The function of the filter
- The filter is made of carbon block, which can remove particles such as micro-plastics, as well as improve the taste and texture of water.
- Flushing the filter for first-time usage
- Unplug the filter drain at the back of the dispenser, and connect the filter drain with the PE pipe provided. Put the other end of the PE pipe in a container or a bucket that can hold at least 5L water.
- Plug the water dispenser into a grounded power outlet. Insert the stainless steel pipe into the bottle, and slide the bottle in. Close the cabinet door. Water that is used to flush the filter will flow into the container automatically from the filter drain. Flush the filter for 3 minutes.
- Once it’s done, open the cabinet door, remove the PE pipe from the filter drain, and plug the filter drain.
- Close the cabinet door. Now the filter is ready to use.
- Replacing the filter and resetting the filter lifetime indicator·
- Open the cabinet door and remove the stainless steel pipe from the bottle. Press the cold water button to empty the water tank inside.
- Turn the filter counterclockwise to take off the old filter.
- Screw the new filter clockwise into the filter holder until the dots on the filter and the holder is fully aligned.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds to reset the filter lifetime indicator. Once successful, the filter lifetime indicator on the panel will switch off.
- Flush the filter as instructed above.
- If you reset the lifetime by mistake, continuously short-press the reset button 5 times within 5 minutes, then the filter lifetime indicator will flash 3 times which means you revoke the reset successfully.
UV-LED light (applicable for ADD4967, ADD4968)
The UV-LED light is installed in the cold water tank to kill the bacteria which may grow inside. It’s controlled automatically by the software program once the dispenser is connected to power.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons or property. Read all instructions before using any appliance.
- Do not let hot water touch bare skin. Keep combustible material such as furniture, bedding, pillows, clothes, and/or papers away from the back of the unit.
- Do not operate this, or any other appliance with a damaged power cord. No other appliance should be plugged into the same outlet. Be sure that the plug is fully inserted into the outlet.
- Do not run the power cord over carpeting or other heat insulators. Do not cover the cord.
- Keep the cord away from high-traffic areas, and do not submerge it in water.
- We do not recommend the use of an extension cord as it may overheat and cause a risk of fire.
- Exercise caution and use reasonable supervision when the appliance is used by or near children. · Do not use your water dispenser outdoors. Place the water dispenser away from direct sunlight and make sure that there is at least 4 inches (10cm) of space between the back of your unit and wall. Keep a minimum of 2 inches (5cm) on each side of your unit free.
- Do not use this product to dispense anything other than water.
- To avoid a hazard due to the instability of the appliance, it must be placed on an even and flat surface. · If the supply cord is damaged, please contact aftersales personnel to replace it to avoid a hazard.
- This water dispenser must be positioned so that the plug is accessible.
- Disconnect the plug from the outlet when not in use.
- Remove the power plug or disconnect from the main power source before servicing the appliance. · The appliance is not to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction.
- Children being supervised should not play with the appliance.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in households and similar applications such as IEC 60335-2-15.
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments;
- by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential-type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
- WARNING: When positioning the appliance, ensure the supply cord is not trapped or damaged
- WARNING: Do not locate multiple portable socket outlets or portable power supplies at the rear of the appliance.
Cleaning and maintenance
- To avoid accidents, turn off and unplug the water dispenser from the outlet before cleaning. · A soft damp cloth may be used to clean the surface of the water dispenser. When necessary, a mild detergent may be used. DO NOT use corrosive chemical solvents to clean the unit, as this may damage the surface of the water dispenser.
- DO NOT pour water on the exterior of the unit to avoid getting the internal electrical system wet. DO NOT immerse the unit in water when cleaning.
- The water bottle cap, hose, and drip tray may be washed in a dishwasher (top rack only). · Keep the water dispenser 6 inches (15cm) away from the wall so it can work properly. Make certain all ventilation openings are clear of obstruction.
- Do not damage the heating or cooling system, paying particular attention to the black condenser or heating radiator on the back of the water dispenser.
- If you will not use the water dispenser for a long period, please unplug the power cord and drain the water dispenser. Drain the water from all faucets, then remove the drain cap on the back and allow it to drain. Make certain the drain cap is fastened tightly when finished.
Guarantee and Service
This product includes a two-year warranty for the dispenser and a three-year warranty for the compressor from the date of purchase. If you need more information, please visit www.Philips.com.
Within the warranty period, you will receive free warranty service for any damage caused by the manufacturing process or components under normal operation confirmed by our maintenance service. The warranty service does not include frequently replaced consumable components (water purifier filter, pitcher filter, granular activated carbon, ion exchange resin, hollow fiber membrane, etc.)， auxiliary devices, transportation fees, and door-to-door service. Please show the proof of purchase to the service personnel during maintenance.
You cannot receive free warranty service under the following conditions:
- Damage by improper operation, such as improper components connection, improper installation, deprivation of manual use, and misoperation.
- Negligence and damage because of transportation or other accidents.
- Maintenance and modification without approval.
- Other damage caused by force majeure (such as natural disasters, abnormal voltage, etc.).
- Damage caused by general use outside the home (e.g. industrial and commercial use).
- Aging, wear, and tear caused by the normal operation of the product without affecting the normal operation of the product.
This statement serves as publicity for free maintenance within the specified time limit and conditions and does not limit the legal rights of consumers.
FAQS About PHILIPS ADD4965 Dispenser
How do I install the PHILIPS ADD4965 Dispenser?
The user manual should provide step-by-step instructions for the installation process, including setup, mounting, and any necessary connections.
What type of consumables or products does the dispenser support?
Check the manual for information on the types of consumables or products that are compatible with the dispenser, whether it’s soap, sanitizer, lotion, or other substances.
What is the capacity of the dispenser?
The manual may specify the capacity of the dispenser, indicating how much of the consumable it can hold before needing a refill.
How do I refill the dispenser?
The manual should include instructions on how to safely and effectively refill the dispenser with the appropriate consumables.
Does the dispenser have any adjustable settings?
Some dispensers come with adjustable settings for controlling the amount of product dispensed per use. Check the manual for information on any adjustable features.
Is the dispenser battery-operated or does it require a power source?
Depending on the model, the dispenser may be battery-operated or require a power source. The manual should specify the power requirements and provide guidance on battery replacement if applicable.
What are the maintenance requirements for the dispenser?
The manual may include information on routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning procedures and any other recommended upkeep.
Is the dispenser suitable for specific environments (e.g., kitchen, bathroom)?
Check the manual for guidance on where the dispenser is most suitable for use, taking into consideration factors such as humidity, temperature, and exposure to elements.
Does the dispenser have any safety features or certifications?
The manual may provide information on safety features integrated into the dispenser design, as well as any certifications it has received for meeting specific standards.
Troubleshooting: What should I do if the dispenser is not working correctly?
The manual may include a troubleshooting section with common issues and solutions. This can help you identify and address problems with the dispenser.
For more manuals by PHILIPS ManualsDock