Panasonic Air Conditioner
Panasonic Corporation is a multinational electronics company headquartered in Osaka, Japan. It was founded in 1918 by Konosuke Matsushita and originally started as a vendor of duplex lamp sockets. Over the years, Panasonic has grown into one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world, offering a wide range of products and services.
Panasonic‘s business operations span various sectors, including consumer electronics, home appliances, automotive, industrial solutions, and B2B solutions. The company is known for its innovation and has a strong focus on research and development.
Consumer Electronics: Panasonic manufactures and sells a diverse range of consumer electronics products, including televisions, audio equipment, cameras, home theater systems, Blu-ray players, and personal care products.
Home Appliances: Panasonic produces a variety of home appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, and rice cookers.
Inserting the batteries
- Pull out the back cover of the remote control
- Insert AAA or R03 batteries (can be used ~ 1 year)
- Close the cover
- Press CLOCK
- Set the time
- ConÞ rm
- Select the desired mode
- Start/stop the operation
• Please note that the OFF indication is on to start.
Select the desired temperature
- Selection range: 16 °C ~ 30 °C (Not applicable for FAN mode).
- Operating the unit within the recommended temperature may save energy.
HEAT: 20 °C ~ 24 °C.
COOL: 26 °C ~ 28 °C.
DRY: 1 °C ~ 2 °C lower than room temperature.
- The set temperature selection range can be customized according to requirements. Please consult the authorized dealer.
- To dim or restore the unit’s indicator brightness, press and hold for 5 seconds.
- Use the remote control within 8 m of the remote control receiver of the indoor unit.
The illustrations in this manual are for explanation purposes only and may differ from the actual unit. They are subject to change without notice for future improvement.
- Remote control
- AAA or R03 batteries × 2
- Remote control holder
- Screws for remote control holder × 2
To prevent personal injury, injury to others, or property damage, please comply with the following:
Incorrect operation due to failure to follow the instructions below may cause harm or damage, the seriousness of which is classified as below.
The indoor unit and outdoor unit
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
Please consult an authorized dealer or specialist to clean the internal parts, and repair, install, remove, and reinstall the unit. Improper installation and handling will cause leakage, electric shock, or fire. Confirm with an authorized dealer or specialist on the usage of any speciÞ ed refrigerant type. Using refrigerant type other than the speciÞ ed may cause product damage, burst, injury, etc.
Do not install the unit in a potentially explosive or ß amiable atmosphere. Failure to do so could result in a fire
- Do not insert your Þ fingers or other objects into the air conditioner indoor or outdoor unit, rotating parts may cause injury.
- Do not touch the outdoor unit during lightning, it may cause electric shock.
- Do not expose yourself directly to cold air for a long period to avoid excess cooling.
- Do not sit or step on the unit, you may fall down accidentally.
Do not allow infants and small children to play with the remote control to prevent them from accidentally swallowing the batteries.
Do not use a modiÞ ed cord, joint cord, extension cord or unspeciÞ ed cord to prevent overheating and Þ re.
To prevent overheating, Þ re or electric shock:
- Do not share the same power outlet with other equipment.
- Do not operate with wet hands.
- Do not overbend the power supply cord.
- Do not operate or stop the unit by inserting or
- pulling out the power plug.
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, service agent or similarly qualiÞ ed persons in order to avoid a hazard. It is strongly recommended to be installed with Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker (ELCB) or Residual Current Device (RCD) to prevent electric shock or fire
To prevent overheating, fire, or electric shock:
- Insert the power plug properly.
- Dust on the power plug should be periodically wiped with a dry cloth.
Stop using the product if any abnormality/failure occurs and disconnect the power plug or turn off the power switch and breaker.
(Risk of smoke/Þ re/electric shock) Examples of abnormality/failure
- The ELCB trips frequently.
- A burning smell is observed.
- Abnormal noise or vibration of the unit is observed.
- Water leaks from the indoor unit.
- The power cord or plug becomes abnormally hot.
- Fan speed cannot be controlled.
- The unit stops running immediately even if it is switched on for operation.
- The fan does not stop even if the operation is stopped.
Contact your local dealer immediately for maintenance/repair. This equipment must be earthed to prevent electrical shock or fire
Prevent electric shock by switching off the power supply and unplugging:
- Before cleaning or servicing,
- When extended non-use, or
- During abnormally strong lightning activity.
The indoor unit and outdoor unit
Do not wash the indoor unit with water, benzine, thinner, or scouring powder to avoid damage or corrosion of the unit.
- Do not use for the preservation of precise equipment, food, animals, plants, artwork, or other objects. This may cause quality deterioration, etc.
- Do not use any combustible equipment in front of the air or outlet to avoid fire propagation.
- Do not expose plants or pets directly to air ow to avoid injury, etc.
- Do not touch the sharp aluminum fin sharp parts may cause injury.
- Do not switch ON the indoor unit when waxing the room. After waxing, aerate the room properly before operating the unit.
- Do not install the unit in oily and smoky areas to prevent damage to the unit.
- Do not dismantle the unit for cleaning purposes to avoid injury.
- Do not step onto an unstable bench when cleaning the unit to avoid injury.
- Do not place a vase or water container on the unit. Water may enter the unit and degrade the insulation. This may cause an electric shock.
- Do not open the window or door for a long time during COOL/DRY mode operation.
Prevent water leakage by ensuring the drainage pipe is:
- Connected properly,
- Kept clear of gutters and containers, or
- Not immersed in water
After a long period of use or use with any combustible equipment, aerate the room regularly.
After a long period of use, make sure the installation rack does not deteriorate to prevent the unit from falling down.
Do not use rechargeable (Ni-Cd) batteries. It may damage the remote control.
To prevent malfunction or damage of the remote control:
- Remove the batteries if the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time.
- New batteries of the same type must be inserted following the polarity stated.
Do not disconnect the plug by pulling the cord to prevent electric shock.
How to use
To select the operation mode
- AUTO – For your convenience
- HEAT – To enjoy the warm air
- COOL – To enjoy the cool air
- DRY – To dehumidify the environment
- FAN – To circulate air in the room
To reach temperature quickly
POWERFUL This operation stops automatically after 20 minutes.
To enjoy quiet operation
QUIET/ECONOMY This operation reduces airß ow noise.
To select fan speed
(Remote control display) For AUTO, the indoor fan speed is automatically adjusted according to the operation mode.
To adjust horizontal airß or direction Manually adjustable.
Auto OFF/ON button
Use when the remote control is misplaced or a malfunction occurs. Raise the front panel:
- To use in AUTO mode, press the button once.
- To use in COOL mode, press and hold the button until 1 beep is heard, then release.
- To use in HEAT mode, press and hold the button until 1 beep is heard, then release. And press again until 2 beeps are heard, then release.
- Press the button again to turn it off.
To save electrical power consumption
- Save power consumption in an unoccupied room by adjusting the set temperature up to 3°C automatically.
- The brightness of all indicators will be dimmed.
To adjust the vertical airflow direction
(Remote control display)
- Keeps the room ventilated.
- In COOL/DRY mode, if AUTO is set, the louver swings up/down automatically.
- Do not adjust the louver by hand.
To set the timer
2 sets of ON and OFF timers are available to turn the ON or OFF the unit at different preset times
- To cancel the ON or OFF timer, press or select respectively or then press
- If the timer is canceled manually or due to power failure, you can restore the timer again by pressing or select respectively or then press
- The nearest timer setting will be displayed and will activate in sequence.
- When the ON Timer is set, the unit may start earlier (up to 35 minutes) before the actual set time in order to achieve the desired temperature on time.
- Timer operation is based on the clock set in the remote control and repeats daily once set. For clock setting, please refer to Quick Guide.
- Can be activated in all modes and can be canceled by pressing the respective button again.
- Cannot be selected at the same time.
To learn more…
- AUTO: During operation mode selection the POWER indicator blinks.
* Unit selects operation mode during startup according to setting temperature and room temperature.
- HEAT: The unit takes a while to warm up. The POWER indicator blinks during this operation.
- COOL: Use curtains to screen off sunlight and outdoor heat to reduce power consumption during COOL mode.
- DRY: The unit operates at low fan speed to give a gentle cooling operation.
- FAN: To circulate air in the room.
Use this air conditioner under the following temperature range.
- DBT: Dry bulb temperature
- WBT: Wet-bulb temperature
To ensure optimal performance of the unit, cleaning has to be carried out at regular intervals. The dirty unit may cause malfunction and you may see the error code “H99”. Please consult the authorized dealer.
- Switch off the power supply and unplug it before cleaning.
- Do not touch the aluminum fin, sharp parts may cause injury.
- Do not use benzine, thinner, or scouring powder.
- Use only soap ( pH 7) or neutral household detergent.
- Do not use water hotter than 40 °C.
Wipe the unit gently with a soft, dry cloth.
Wash gently and dry.
Remove the front panel
Every 2 weeks
- Wash/rinse the Þ filters gently with water to avoid damage to the Þ later surface.
- Dry the Þ liters thoroughly under shade, away from Þ re or direct sunlight.
- Replace any damaged filters.
Remove air filter
Attach air filter
- Clean the Þ later whenever necessary.
- Wash/rinse the Þ later gently with water to avoid damage to the Þ later.
- Dry the Þ latter thoroughly under the shade, away from Þ re or direct sunlight.
- Replace the Þ later every 10 years or replace any damaged Þ later. Part no.: CZ-SA22P
For seasonal inspection after extended non-use
- Checking of remote control batteries.
- No obstruction at the air inlet and air outlet vents.
- Use Auto OFF/ON button to select COOL/ HEAT operation. After 15 minutes of operation, it is normal to have the following temperature difference between the air inlet and air outlet vents: COOL: 8 °C HEAT: 14 °C
For extended non-use
- Activate HEAT mode for 2~3 hours to remove the moisture left in the internal parts thoroughly to prevent mold growth.
- Turn off the power supply and unplug.
- Remove the remote control batteries.
Troubleshooting Panasonic Air Conditioner
The following symptoms do not indicate malfunction.
|Mist emerges from the indoor unit.
|Condensation effect due to cooling process.
|Water flowing sound during operation.
|Refrigerant flow inside the unit.
|The room has a peculiar odor.
|This may be due to the damp smell emitted by the wall, carpet, furniture, or clothing.
|Indoor fan stops occasionally during automatic fan speed setting.
|This helps to remove the surrounding odor.
|Airflow continues even after the operation has stopped.
|Extraction of remaining heat from the indoor unit (maximum 30 seconds)
|The operation is delayed a few minutes after restarting.
|The delay is a protection to the unit’s compressor.
|The outdoor unit emits water/steam.
|Condensation or evaporation occurs on pipes.
|TIMER indicator is always on.
|The timer setting repeats daily once set.
|POWER indicator blinks during HEAT mode with no warm air supply (and louver is closed).
|The unit is in defrost mode (and AIR SWING is set to AUTO).
|Indoor fan stops occasionally during heating operation.
|To avoid the unintended cooling effect
|POWER indicator blinks before the unit is switched on.
|This is a preliminary step in preparation for the operation when the ON timer has been set
|Cracking sound during operation.
|Changes of temperature caused the expansion/contraction of the unit.
|POWER indicator blinks 3 seconds ON and 0.5 seconds OFF during operation.
|The unit is in Demand Response Mode.
Check the following before calling for servicing.
|Operation in HEAT/COOL mode is not working efficiently.
|.Set the temperature correctly.
·Close all doors and windows.
·Clean or replace the filters.
·Clear any obstruction at the air inlet and air outlet vents
|Noisy during operation.
|·Check if the unit has been installed at an incline.
·Close the front panel properly.
|The remote control does not work.
(Display is dim or transmission signal is weak.)
|·Insert the batteries correctly.
·Replace weak batteries.
|The unit does not work.
|·Check if the circuit breaker is tripped.
·Check if timers have been set.
|The unit does not receive the signal from the remote control.
|·Make sure the receiver is not obstructed.
·Certain fluorescent lights may interfere with signal transmitters. Please consult the authorized dealer.
NON SERVICEABLE CRITERIA
TURN OFF POWER SUPPLY AND UNPLUG then please consult the authorized dealer under the following conditions:
- Abnormal noise during operation.
- Water/foreign particles have entered the remote control.
- Water leaks from the Indoor unit.
- The circuit breaker switches off frequently.
- The power cord becomes unnaturally warm.
- Switches or buttons are not functioning properly.
The unit stops and the TIMER indicator blinks.
Use the remote control to retrieve the error code.
The unit stops and the TIMER indicator blinks.
Use the remote control to retrieve the error code.
Can I change the remote controller temperature display from Celsius to Fahrenheit?
Yes you can change the temperature display between Celsius & Fahrenheit by pressing & hold the timer down button on the remote control for 10 seconds.
To be used if the customer has changed the password on their router.
Customer has lost user information.
This reset will delete data from server.
All users on the device will be removed.
Press and hold for 10 Seconds “CHECK” and “SETUP” buttons.
Press the “RESET” button on the side.
Begin the configuration of the device
What is Soft/Dry Mode.
Soft/Dry Mode is used to de-humidify the room space.
The unit does this by air conditioning for a minimum amount of time, which allows collection of moisture from the air without changing the temperature noticeably.
What is an Inverter Air Conditioner?
A Inverter Air Conditioner self adjusts the compressor motor rotating speed to deliver the optimum efficiency & energy saving performance
What temperature range will my A/C work in?
Panasonic A/C can work within a outdoor temperature range of between -15 degrees & +46 degrees celsius.
If I purchase 3 x Air Conditioner units can I use the one remote control for all of them?
If all units are the same model, if all units are in the same proximity it is recommended not to start the three units simultaneously to prevent a high load power consumption at start up.
Starting an individual unit in this situation can be achieved by being close to the unit & aiming the remote control directly at the air conditioner.
How do I clean my Air Purifying filters?
Remove the excess dirt on the filter by gently using a vacuum cleaner to clean the filter. For the Solar Refreshing of the Deodorizing Filter, place the filter under direct sunlight for 6 hours then refit filter back into place.
Recommendation: Replace these filters every 3 years.
What size A/C is right for my room?
Using Panasonic Sizing Wirard at http://airconditioning.panasonic.com.au/sizingwizard/ will provide the correct size unit for your individual room.
Indoor fan continues to run even after operation has stopped.
The indoor fan will run for a maximum 30 seconds to extraction the remaining heat from the indoor unit coil.
What is Panasonic Air Conditioner?
Panasonic Air Conditioner is a range of cooling and heating systems manufactured by Panasonic. These air conditioners are designed to provide efficient and reliable cooling and heating solutions for residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
What is the energy efficiency rating of Panasonic Air Conditioners?
Panasonic air conditioners typically have energy efficiency ratings that comply with industry standards. The specific energy efficiency rating can vary depending on the model and series. Look for the Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating provided for the particular air conditioner you are interested in. Higher EER or SEER ratings indicate greater energy efficiency.
Are Panasonic Air Conditioners environmentally friendly?
Panasonic focuses on developing environmentally friendly products, including air conditioners. Many models feature energy-saving technologies and use eco-friendly refrigerants that have a lower impact on the environment. However, the specific environmental impact can depend on the model and series, so it’s advisable to check the product specifications or consult with Panasonic for detailed information.
Where can I purchase Panasonic Air Conditioners?
Panasonic Air Conditioners are available through various channels, including authorized dealers, retail stores, and online platforms. You can check Panasonic’s official website or contact their customer service for information on authorized dealers or retail locations in your area.
Does Panasonic provide a warranty for their air conditioners?
Yes, Panasonic typically offers a warranty for their air conditioners. The warranty duration and specific terms and conditions may vary depending on the model and region. It’s recommended to refer to the warranty information provided with the product or contact Panasonic’s customer support for accurate details regarding the warranty coverage.
Can I install Panasonic Air Conditioners myself, or do I need professional installation?
While some Panasonic air conditioners may be suitable for DIY installation, it’s generally recommended to have them installed by a professional HVAC technician. Professional installation ensures proper sizing, placement, and connections for optimal performance and efficiency. Improper installation can affect the air conditioner’s performance, energy consumption, and warranty coverage.
How do I clean and maintain my Panasonic Air Conditioner?
It’s important to regularly clean and maintain your Panasonic Air Conditioner to ensure optimal performance. The specific cleaning and maintenance procedures may vary depending on the model. It’s recommended to refer to the user manual or maintenance guide provided with your air conditioner for detailed instructions. Additionally, professional servicing and cleaning by authorized technicians are advised at regular intervals to keep the system in good condition.
Can Panasonic Air Conditioners be controlled remotely through a smartphone or other smart devices?
Yes, some Panasonic Air Conditioners are equipped with smart features that allow remote control through smartphones or other smart devices. These models are typically compatible with Panasonic’s smartphone app or other smart home platforms, enabling you to control and monitor your air conditioner remotely using your mobile device.
Are Panasonic Air Conditioners compatible with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant?
Yes, certain Panasonic Air Conditioners are compatible with voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. This compatibility allows you to control your air conditioner using voice commands through a compatible smart speaker or device.
Do Panasonic Air Conditioners have a sleep mode or timer function?
Yes, many Panasonic Air Conditioners include a sleep mode or timer function. Sleep mode adjusts the cooling or heating settings to create a comfortable sleeping environment, while the timer function allows you to schedule the air conditioner to turn on or off at specific times, helping to save energy and maintain desired temperatures.
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Panasonic-Air-Conditioner.pdf” download=”all”]