NINJA BL481 Blender
Ninja Kitchen is known for Learning about strong blenders and food processors, cutting-edge ice cream machines, temperature-controlled kettles, dependable cookware and kitchenware, and multipurpose kitchen appliances including grills, air fryers, tiny ovens, and more.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For Household Use Only
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. DO NOT modify the plug in any way.
WARNING: Extension cords are not recommended for use with this product.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY:
- WARNING: Remove utensils before processing. Failure to remove may cause the jar to be damaged or to shatter which may cause personal injury.
- CAUTION: Do not blend hot liquids, doing so may cause excessive pressure build-up, resulting in the risk of the user being burned.
- CAUTION: We do not recommend grinding in any of our Nutri Ninja® Cups.
- CAUTION: Remove the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly™ from the Nutri Ninja cup upon completion of blending. Do not store ingredients before or after blending them in the cup with the blade assembly attached. Some foods may contain active ingredients or release gases that will expand if left in a sealed container, resulting in excessive pressure buildup that can pose a risk of injury. For ingredient storage In the cup, use only the Sip & Seal Lid to cover.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not submerge the appliance or allow the power cord to come into contact with water or any other liquid.
- DO NOT allow the appliance to be used by children. Close attention is necessary when used near children. This is not a toy.
- Never leave an appliance unattended when in use.
- Appliance accessories are not intended to be used in the microwave as it may result in damage to the accessories.
- Remove the power cord from the electrical outlet when not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts, and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the electrical outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- DO NOT abuse the power cord. Never carry the appliance by the power cord or yank it to disconnect it from the electrical
- DO NOT use the appliance if the blade assembly is bent or damaged.
- To reduce the risk of injury, never place the blade assembly on the base without the Nutri Ninja® Cup properly attached.
- DO NOT operate this appliance on or near any hot surfaces (such as a gas or electric burner or in a heated oven).
- The use of attachments or accessories including canning jars, not recommended by the manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock, or personal injury.
- DO NOT remove the cup from the motor base while the appliance is in operation.
- To reduce the risk of injury, NEVER operate the appliance without the lid outlet; instead, grasp the plug and pull it in place; DO NOT try to defeat the interlock mechanism; make sure that the attachment is properly installed before operating the appliance.
- DO NOT expose cups to extreme temperature changes.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with an attachment properly installed before a damaged cord or plug or after the operating of the appliance.
- DO NOT overfill
- DO NOT leave the appliance empty.
- If the appliance overheats, a thermal switch will become activated and shut off the motor. To reset, unplug the appliance
- and let it cool down for approximately 30 minutes before using it again.
- THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use outdoors.
THIS BOOK COVERS MODEL NUMBERS:
- Voltage: 120V., 60Hz.
- Power: 1000 Watts
- Cup Capacity:
- 24 oz. (3 cups)
- 18 oz. (2.25 cups)
- 32 oz. (4 cups)
Getting To Know Your Nutri Ninja with AUTO-iQ
- a Pro Extractor Blades® Assembly
- b Sip & Seal® Lid (x3)
- c Small 18 oz. Nutri Ninja Cup
- d Regular 24 oz. Nutri Ninja Cup
- e J umbo Multi Serve 32 oz. Nutri Ninja Cup
- f Motor Base
- g Power Cord
Welcome to the Ninja® AUTO-iQ™ Experience! The Nutri Ninja with AUTO-iQ features pre-programmed settings that take the guesswork out of drink and meal making. These programs are timed to deliver consistent, delicious results that finish on their own so all you have to do is press a button and enjoy!
- Nutrient & Vitamin Extraction*
- 1000 Watt Motor
- User Interface:
- START | STOP Press once to start continuous running, and press again to stop. The timer counts up by seconds, up to 60 seconds.
- PULSE Runs only while pressed down. Short presses make short pulses. The timer counts up by seconds as long as pressed down.
- AUTO-iQ™ BLEND Pulses and blends fresh or softer ingredients to create smooth consistent results. The timer counts down.
- AUTO-iQ™ ULTRA BLEND Pulses and blends frozen, fibrous, or hard ingredients to create smooth consistent results. The timer counts down.
- Personalized, healthy drinks and juices
- Sip & Seal® lids for drinks on the go
- Nutri Ninja® Cups, BPA-free
- Cord storage
* Extract a drink containing vitamins & nutrients from fruits and vegetables.
Before First Use
PLEASE KEEP THESE IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS IN MIND WHEN USING THE APPLIANCE:
- IMPORTANT: Make sure that the motor base is plugged in for use.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT attempt to operate the appliance without the lid on.
- IMPORTANT: Never run the appliance empty.
- IMPORTANT: Appliance accessories are not intended to be used in the microwave as they may result in damage to the accessories.
- CAUTION: Do not immerse the motor base in water or any other liquid.
- Remove all packaging material and labels from the appliance. Separate/remove all parts from each other.
- Wash the lids, cups, and Pro Extractor Blades® Assembly in warm, soapy water. When washing the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly, use a dish-washing utensil with a handle to avoid direct hand contact with the blades.WARNING: Handle the Pro Extractor Blade Assembly with care when washing, as the blades are sharp.
- Handle blade assemblies with care to avoid contact with sharp edges. Rinse and air dry thoroughly.
- The containers, lids, blade assembly, and attachments are all dishwasher-safe. The lids and blade assembly are top-rack dishwasher safe. Ensure that the blade assembly is removed from the containers before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Wipe the motor base clean with a damp cloth.
- WARNING: Handle the Pro Extractor Blades® Assembly with care, as the blades are sharp.
- WARNING: Never leave the appliance unattended while in use.
- WARNING: Remove utensils before processing. Failure to remove may cause the bowl to be damaged or to shatter, which may cause personal injury.
- CAUTION: Do not blend hot liquids, doing so may cause excessive pressure buildup, resulting in the risk of the user being burned.
- CAUTION: Remove the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly from the cup upon completion of blending. Do not store ingredients before or after blending in the Nutri Ninja cup with the blade assembly attached. Some foods may contain active ingredients or release gases that will expand if left in a sealed container, resulting in excessive pressure buildup that can pose a risk of injury. For storage, only use the Sip & Seal Lid to cover.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the motor base is plugged in for use.
- Review the warning and caution statements above before proceeding to number 2.
- Place the motor base on a clean, dry, level surface such as a counter or tabletop.
- Make sure that the motor base is plugged in for use. The display will read “–“.
- Add ingredients to the Nutri Ninja®
NOTE: Do not overfill! To avoid spilling, do not add ingredients past the “MAX” fill line.
- Place the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly onto the cup and twist it on tightly until you have a good seal. (Fig. 1)
- Turn the cup upside down and place it onto the motor base, aligning the tabs on the cup with the motor base. Turn it clockwise, until you feel it click into place. The Timer light will illuminate. (Fig. 2)
- Press one of the buttons to activate. (Fig. 3)
NOTE: When using the AUTO-iQ™ presets, the unit will operate using pulses, pauses, and continuous runs. The pauses allow the contents of the cup to settle. When the timer reaches “0”, it will stop by itself.
- To remove the cup, ensure that the motor has stopped running. Then turn the cup counterclockwise (Fig. 4) and pull straight up to remove. (Fig. 5)
- Turn the cup upright and remove the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly by twisting the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly counterclockwise. (Fig. 5)
- Do not store blended contents with the Pro Extractor Blade Assembly attached.
- Twist the Sip & Seal® lid onto the cup to enjoy your drink on the go. Press the flip-top cap firmly into the opening to get the best seal. The flip-top cap locks open when pressed backward.
- For storage, only use the Sip & Seal lid to cover.
- Be sure to store the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly attached to an empty cup when not in use.
- Make sure that the motor base is unplugged when not in use.
- To remove the motor base unit, tip the unit forward from the rear to easily disengage the suction cups.
CAUTION: DO NOT process dry ingredients without adding liquid to the cup. This product is not intended for dry blending.
* When blending sauces, make sure they’re cooled to room temperature first – Ninja® containers are not intended for hot blending.
FILLING YOUR NUTRI NINJA®
For best results, always follow recipe directions when filling your Nutri Ninja cups. When you’re not using a recipe, use the following guidelines:
Start with your fresh fruit or veggies. Then add any nuts, seeds, or powder followed by any liquids like juice or milk. More liquid can help to integrate powder. Then add your frozen fruit and ice. Remember to securely tighten the blade and don’t overfill the cups. (Fig. 7)
Care & Maintenance
HOW TO CLEAN
CAUTION: Make sure that the motor base is unplugged from the power source before inserting or removing any attachments and before cleaning.
CAUTION: DO NOT immerse the motor base in water or any other liquid.
- Separate/remove all parts from each other.
- Hand Washing: Wash the lids, Nutri Ninja® cups, and Pro Extractor Blades® Assembly in warm, soapy water. When washing the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly, use a dish-washing utensil with a handle to avoid direct hand contact with the blades. Handle Pro Extractor Blades Assembly with care to avoid contact with sharp edges. Rinse and air dry thoroughly.
Dishwasher: The Nutri Ninja cups, lids, and Pro Extractor Blades Assembly are all dishwasher safe. The lids and Pro Extractor Blades Assembly are top-rack dishwasher safe. Ensure the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly is removed from the cup before placing it in the dishwasher.
WARNING: Handle the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly with care when washing, as the blades are sharp. Contact with the blades’ edges can result in laceration.
- Wipe the motor base clean with a damp cloth If the appliance needs servicing, please call customer service at 1-877-646-5288.
HOW TO STORE
- Store the Nutri Ninja® with AUTO-iQ™ upright with the blade assembly inside the corresponding container with the lid secured on top. Do not place anything on top. Store the rest of the attachments in a safe place where they will not be damaged and won’t cause harm. Loosely wrap the power cord around the motor base.
RESETTING THE MOTOR THERMOSTAT
The Nutri Ninja with AUTO-iQ features a unique safety system that prevents damage to the unit’s motor and drive system should you inadvertently overload your appliance. If the appliance is overloaded, the motor will stop. To reset the appliance, follow the resetting procedure below:
- Unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet.
- Remove and empty the cup and ensure that no food is jamming the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly.
- Allow the appliance to cool for approximately 30 minutes.
- Re-install the cup onto the base and re-plug the appliance into the electrical outlet.
- Proceed to use the appliance as before while making sure not to exceed the recommended maximum capacities.
ORDERING REPLACEMENT PARTS
To order additional parts and attachments, please visit our website: www.ninjakitchen.com or feel free to contact customer service: at 1-877-646-5288.
ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- SharkNinja Operating LLC warrants this product to be free from material defects and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase when utilized for normal household use, subject to the following conditions, exclusions, and exceptions.
- The liability of SharkNinja Operating LLC is limited solely to the cost of the repair or replacement of the unit at our option. This Limited Warranty does not cover normal wear of parts and does not apply to any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes. This Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, negligent handling, or damage due to faulty packaging or mishandling in transit. This Limited Warranty does not cover damage or defects caused by or resulting from damages from shipping or repairs, service, or alteration to the product or any of its parts, which have been performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja Operating LLC.
- If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, return the complete appliance and accessories, freight prepaid. For assistance with warranty service options or customer support, please call our customer care and product specialists at, call 1-877-646-5288 or visit our website www.ninjakitchen.com.
- If the appliance is found to be defective in material or workmanship, SharkNinja Operating LLC will repair or replace it free of charge. Proof of purchase is required and a fee of $19.95 will apply to cover the cost of return freight. *
- This Limited Warranty is extended to the original purchaser of the unit and excludes all other legal, implied, and/or conventional warranties. The responsibility of SharkNinja Operating LLC if any, is limited to the specific obligations expressly assumed by it under the terms of this Limited Warranty. In no event is SharkNinja Operating LLC liable for incidental or consequential damages to anyone of any nature whatsoever. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or from province to province.
*IMPORTANT: Carefully pack items to avoid damage in shipping. Be sure to include proof of purchase date and to attach the tag to the item before packing with your name, complete address, and phone number with a note giving purchase information, model number, and what you believe is the problem with the item. We recommend you insure the package (as damage in shipping is not covered by your Limited Warranty). Mark the outside of your package “ATTENTION CUSTOMER SERVICE”.
- Please visit www.ninjakitchen.com or call 1-877-646-5288 to register your new Ninja® product within ten (10) days of purchase. You will be asked to provide the store name, date of purchase, and model number along with your name and address.
- The registration will enable us to contact you in the unlikely event of a product safety notification. By registering you acknowledge to have read and understood the instructions for use, and warnings outlined in the accompanying instructions.
FAQS About NINJA BL481 Blender Owner Guide
What comes in the package with the NINJA BL481 Blender?
Typically, the package includes the blender base, blending cups, blades, and the owner’s guide.
How do I assemble the NINJA BL481 Blender for the first time?
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the owner’s guide to correctly assemble the blender for first-time use.
Can I use the blender to crush ice?
Yes, the BL481 is equipped with ice-crushing capabilities. Refer to the owner’s guide for recommended procedures.
What safety features are in place during blender operation?
The owner’s guide details safety precautions and features. Ensure you follow these guidelines for safe usage.
Is the blender suitable for hot liquids?
Check the owner’s guide for recommended temperature limits and guidelines when using hot liquids.
How do I clean the NINJA BL481 Blender?
The owner’s guide provides cleaning instructions. Usually, the blades and cups are dishwasher-safe.
What recipes can I make with the BL481 Blender?
The owner’s guide may include sample recipes or refer to the official website for a variety of recipes.
Can I purchase replacement parts for the BL481 Blender?
Yes, replacement parts are often available. Refer to the owner’s guide for details on ordering.
Is the blender covered by a warranty?
Check the warranty section in the owner’s guide for information on warranty coverage and duration.
What should I do if the blender malfunctions?
The troubleshooting section in the owner’s guide provides guidance. If issues persist, contact customer support.
For more manuals by Ninja ManualsDock