Lasko is a company that specializes in the manufacturing of home comfort products, primarily focusing on portable fans, heaters, and other air circulation devices. Founded in 1906, Lasko has a long history in the industry and has established itself as a trusted brand in providing innovative and high-quality products for residential and commercial use.
The company is headquartered in West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA. Lasko designs and manufactures a wide range of products to meet the needs of customers seeking reliable and efficient solutions for cooling, heating, and air circulation. They offer a variety of fan types, including tower fans, pedestal fans, window fans, and table fans, with different features and sizes to cater to diverse preferences.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ASSEMBLE, INSTALL, OPERATE, OR MAINTAIN THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED. PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS BY OBSERVING ALL SAFETY INFORMATION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE!
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
When using electrical appliances, these instructions and warnings should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons: Read all instructions before using this Heater.
- ALWAYS PLUG HEATERS DIRECTLY INTO A WALL OUTLET/RECEPTACLE. NEVER USE WITH AN EXTENSION CORD. DO NOT PLUG THE HEATER INTO ANY OTHER CORD-CONNECTED DEVICE, SUCH AS A POWER STRIP, SURGE PROTECTOR, MULTIPLE OUTLET ADAPTER, CORD REEL, OR OUTLET-TYPE AIR FRESHENER. THE USE OF SUCH EVICES MAY CREATE A FIRE HAZARD. PLUG UNIT DIRECTLY INTO A 120V WALL OUTLET ONLY.
- FAULTY WALL OUTLET CONNECTIONS MAY CAUSE THE WALL OUTLET TO OVERHEAT. BE SURE THAT THE HEATER PLUG FITS TIGHTLY INTO THE OUTLET BEFORE EACH USE. DURING USE, CHECK TO MAKE CERTAIN THE HEATER PLUG IS NOT OVERHEATING. IF NECESSARY HAVE A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN CHECK AND/OR REPLACE THE WALL OUTLET. DO NOT USE THIS HEATER WITH ANY SOLID-STATE SPEED CONTROL DEVICES.
- Make certain that the power source conforms to the electrical requirements of the Heater.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any Heater is used by or near children or invalids. The Heater should not be left operating unattended. Never leave children unattended when the heater is on or plugged in.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- DO NOT use the Heater in areas where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored. DO NOT use a Heater in locations where flammable or explosive chemicals are stored, or in wet atmospheres.
- Do not operate any Heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the Heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. To disconnect the Heater, turn the Heater OFF then remove the plug from the outlet.
- Always unplug the Heater when not in use. Unplug the power cord before servicing or moving the Heater.
- Do not insert or allow fingers or foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as it may cause an electric shock, fire, or damage to the Heater. Do not block or tamper with the Heater in any manner while it is in operation.
- Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not place on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked. Do not depend on the on/off switch as the sole means of disconnecting power when servicing or moving the heater. Always unplug the power cord.
- Always place the Heater on a stable, flat, level surface when operating, to avoid the chance of the Heater overturning. Locate the Power Cord so the Heater or other objects are not resting on it. DO NOT run the Power Cord under the carpeting. DO NOT cover the Power Cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings as this may cause the cord to overheat. Arrange the Power Cord away from room traffic and where it will not be tripped over.
- This Heater is HOT when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Always use the handle when moving this Heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the Heater and keep them at least 1 foot (0.3 m) from the sides and rear.
- This Heater is not intended for use in wet or damp locations. This Heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, and similar indoor locations. NEVER locate a Heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- DO NOT use the Heater outdoors.
- Remote controls for other appliances or electronic equipment can sometimes interfere with the operation of this Heater. If this occurs, move the Heater to another location or discontinue the use of other equipment.
- Keep the Heater remote control unit away from chairs and your bed where it may be sat or laid upon and inadvertently turn on the Heater.
- This Heater is not suitable for use in agricultural facilities including areas where livestock, poultry, or other animals are confined. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 547-7 (2008), or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Agricultural Buildings. THIS HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 547-7 (2008).
- This Heater is not suitable for use in hazardous locations. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 500 or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Hazardous locations. THIS HEATER DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 500 (2008).
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. The user is cautioned that changes and modifications made to the equipment without the approval of the manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
Tools Required: #2 Phillips Head Screwdriver (not included) Carefully remove the Heater from the bag and the carton. For ease of assembly, lay the Heater down so that the front grill and control panel are facing up.
- Assemble the Base by interlocking the Bosses into the Boss Holes. (Figure 2)
- Secure the Base halves with (2) M4 X 13mm Screws. Thread the Power Supply Cord through the large hole in the Base Assembly.
NOTE: The Cord Channel on the bottom of the Base should be towards the back of the Heater. (Figure 3)
- Align the Base Assembly with the Column Support Assembly.Make certain to align the Locating Notch on the Column Sup-port Assembly with the Key on the Base Assembly (Figure 4). Attach the Base Assembly to the Column Support Assembly with (4) M5 X 13 mm Screws. Gently pull any excess slack of the Power Supply Cord and place it in the Cord Channel of the Base Assembly. (Figure 5)
- Place the Heater on a firm, level surface, after assembling per this manual. Plastic or rubber tabs, like the feet on this unit, may stick to furniture surfaces and/or hardwood floors. The unit may leave a residue that could darken, stain or leave permanent blemishes on the finish of certain furniture surfaces, including wood surfaces, and/or hardwood floors.
- Plug the cord set into a 120-volt outlet.
- When the Heater is initially plugged in, there will be a “beep” and the Power Light will come on indicating that there is power to the unit. The Power Light will remain lit until the Heater is unplugged from the electrical outlet. (Figure 1)
- Turn the Heater ON by pressing the Power Button.
- When initially turned on, the Heater will display the current room temperature in ° Fahrenheit. Press the buttons at the same time to change the display to ° Celsius. Press the same two buttons together again to change the display back to° Fahrenheit.
- Upon turning the Heater on, the unit will be in HIGH heat (1500 Watts) and will display the current room temperature. (Figure 1)
- Press the button for LOW heat.
- To turn the Heater OFF, press the Power Button and unplug the Heater from the electrical outlet.
Pressing the Oscillation Button will allow the Heater to oscillate back and forth. To stop the oscillation, press the Oscillation Button again. When the Heater is in Automatic Temperature Control, the oscillation function will stop when the set temperature is reached and resume when the Heater turns back on.
TIMER FUNCTION (Figure 2)
The timer function may be activated when the Heater display is in any function or speed. This function allows you to set the length of time the Heater will run before turning itself off, from 1 hour to 8 hours. Pressing the Timer Button ( ) will increase the length of time by 1 hour each time this button is pressed. After the display reflects 8 hours, pressing the Timer Button once more will reset the Heater to run continuously. The Heater will turn off when the set time has elapsed. The unit can be turned back on by pressing the Power Button.
AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL Figure 3
The automatic temperature function will only operate on “High” heat. You cannot set the temperature automatically when the unit is in low heat mode.
- To set the room at a specific temperature press the or buttons to the desired temperature. The display will now reflect the and the temperature will be flashing. The Heater is now in Auto Temperature Mode.
- When you reach the temperature at which you want to set the unit, the set temperature will flash several times and then the display will return to indicate the current room temperature and will gradually change as the room temperature changes.
NOTE: the temperature display does not indicate the temperature of the heated air being emitted by the heater.
- Once the room temperature reaches 2 degrees above the set temperature, the Heater will shut off. Once the room temperature reaches 1 degree below the set temperature, the Heater will turn back on and continue to cycle off and on to maintain the set temperature.
- This function will cancel if the button is pressed. The Heater will now be in High heat and run continuously.
NOTE: It is normal for the Heater “fan” to run for approximately 15 seconds when the Heater shuts off after reaching the set temperature.
- Install two “AAA” batteries (not included).
- The Remote Control Power button is labeled with the ( ) symbol.
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), rechargeable (nickel-cadmium), or lithium-ion batteries.
- All the functions performed with the Remote Control work identically to the Manual Controls.
If you lose your remote control, please call Customer Service to order a replacement at 1-800-233-0268, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST.
- A thermal overload protector is built in to prevent overheating.
- If an overheating temperature is reached, the Heater will automatically shut off. It can only resume operation when the user resets the unit.
To Reset Heater:
- Unplug the Heater and wait 10 minutes for the Heater to cool down.
- After the Heater has cooled down, plug the unit into a 120V~ electrical outlet and follow the operation instructions described in this manual.
If your heater shuts off unexpectedly or fails to operate, the previously mentioned safety feature may have been activated to prevent overheating.
- Be sure the power cord is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Check your Thermostat setting. The Heater may be off because it has reached the desired temperature setting.
If you have a problem that can not be resolved by the steps listed above, contact Technical Assistance at 1-800-233-0268, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST.
Warning: To reduce the risk of electrical shock and fire please observe the following instructions. Cleaning the Heater regularly will help to maintain its efficiency.
- Always unplug the cord before moving, servicing, or cleaning.
- NEVER place the Heater in or near water. DO NOT IMMERSE THE HEATER IN WATER.
- Clean the Heater only with a vacuum equipped with a brush attachment; the vacuum will remove the lint and dirt from the surface of the Heater.
- Vacuum intake grills every two weeks; this will help to maintain the optimum Heater performance.
- Use a toothbrush or other soft bristle brush to gently loosen any dirt not removed by the vacuum.
- NEVER attempt to take apart the Heater.
- Clean the body of the Heater with a soft cloth only.
- NEVER use ALCOHOL or SOLVENTS such as gasoline, benzene, paint thinner, or other harsh cleaners.
SERVICING: For servicing, other than general user maintenance, please contact Customer Service at 800-233-0268, Monday through Friday, from 8 am-5 pm Eastern.
STORAGE: Store the Heater with these instructions in the original carton in a cool, dry place.
To the consumer, Guardian Technologies LLC warrants this product to be free of defects in materials or workmanship commencing upon the date of the original purchase. In order to be eligible for this Limited Warranty, an original sales receipt or comparable substitute proof of purchase bearing the date of original purchase is required. Refer to the original product carton or specific product/model page on the Guardian Technologies website for warranty length for your particular model. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase. This warranty covers products purchased from authorized distributors only.
This warranty applies to the repair or replacement of products found to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from unusual wear, commercial, abusive, unreasonable use, or supplemental damage. This warranty does not cover damage from unauthorized repairs or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty.
If this product should become defective within the warranty period, we will repair or replace any defective parts free of charge. All warranty repairs must be completed by Guardian Technologies LLC. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights (other rights may vary from state to state in the U.S.A.)
To submit a product under warranty the complete machine must be delivered pre-paid to Guardian Technologies LLC. Please include complete information including the problem, the model number of the product, the day of purchase, and a copy of the original sales receipt along with your name, address, and telephone (email optional). The address returns to the attention of Customer Service, at the address below. Additional questions or comments can be made toll-free at the number listed below.
USA and Canada
Guardian Technologies LLC 26251 Bluestone Blvd. Euclid, Ohio 44132 1.866.603.5900
Please go to www.guardiantechnologies.com to register your product. We consider the registration process important to ensuring superior service to our customers, however submitting the warranty registration is optional and does not affect your rights to utilize this warranty according to the conditions stated above. Additional copies of the instruction manual can be obtained by accessing and printing directly from our website or calling customer service.
FAQS About Lasko 5586 Digital Ceramic Tower Space Heater
How long can a Lasko space heater be left on?
You can run a Lasko heater for however long you need to. Remember that a space heater should not be utilised as the main source of heat; rather, it should only be used as a complement. Furthermore, no Lasko space heater should ever be used while being left unattended.
Can a Lasko ceramic heater be left on all night?
They should never be left alone in a child’s room when they are sleeping or running while dozing off. This is done to guarantee both the heater’s safe operation and the security of our customers.
What is the energy consumption of a Lasko ceramic tower heater?
The Lasko ceramic heater utilises 750 watts for lower heat and 1,500 watts for high heat. It is a little space heater that is silent and discreet and works well in compact spaces. Use this to heat your workplace or a tiny bedroom, but not your living area as a whole.
Can you use the Lasko ceramic heater in the lavatory?
For bathroom use only, Lasko’s Ceramic Bathroom Heater has an ALCI safety plug. The bathroom may be heated with one simple tap, two steady-on heating settings and the Simple Heat button, which delivers an hour of intense heat.
Do Lasko heaters shut off on their own?
Lasko 16-inch oscillating ceramic tower heater with built-in safety features, 2 heat settings, and an adjustable thermostat.
Are Lasko heaters safe?
The electric heaters made by Lasko have numerous safety features, such as cool-touch exteriors and overheat protection. A self-regulating ceramic element is included in most heaters.
What benefits can ceramic heaters offer?
Ceramic heaters are incredibly secure. First off, there is no risk of a fire starting because the heating elements are totally encircled by ceramic plates. Additionally, they have safety precautions built-in, such as fans that help with convection heating and guard against overheating.
Can a ceramic heater be left on all day?
Never leave your heater on when you’re not there.
How much electricity are Lasko space heaters using?
Not among the space heaters we tried, the Lasko is the most effective. This space heater uses 1.36 kilowatts per hour, or $1.79 over a period of ten hours, to operate at its highest setting at 13.17 cents per kilowatt-hour.
Is there a fan on the Lasko Tower heater?
Lasko’s FH500 All Season Tower has a functioning fan with 4 speeds (high, medium, low, and very low) located on its top half. The speeds are created to give your room the best possible amount of cooling comfort.