Kwikset Smart Key Lock
Since 1946, Kwikset, the industry’s top producer of residential locks, has helped homeowners feel secure. Kwikset makes a lot of effort to comprehend the world you live in so that we can take all necessary precautions to protect it. The company’s innovative lock portfolio, which includes patented SmartKey deadbolts, keyless entry combination locks, connected home technology, the first-to-market smart lock, Kevo, and a wide variety of styles and finishes, was inspired by its unwavering dedication to satisfying the needs of homeowners.
In the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Australia, Kwikset goods are offered for sale online, through shops, and distributors. Go to https://www.kwikset.com to learn more.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REKEY YOUR SMARTKEY LOCK
Definition of Rekey: Resetting your cylinder to work with a different Kwikset key. REKEYING IS NOT A REQUIRED STEP. Save these instructions and the SmartKey tool to use when you want to rekey your lock.
TO REKEY YOUR LOCK
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW – READ EACH STEP COMPLETELY BEFORE BEGINNING!
(Note: deadbolt product is shown but rekeying instructions are the same for all products with the SmartKey feature.)
- Make sure the lock is mounted on the door and that the door is opened away from the door frame.
- Insert the key that currently works with the lock, see figure A.
- Rotate the key 1/4 turn to a horizontal position. See figure B.
- With the key in the horizontal position, insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey tool hole. See figure C. Then remove the SmartKey tool.
- Now, keeping the key horizontal, carefully remove the key.
(Note: If the key does not remove, repeat step 4 – above.)
- Referring to figure D, insert the new key FULLY, making sure not to turn key away from the horizontal position.
- Referring to figure E, rotate the new key (1/4 turn) to the vertical position. Important: DO NOT REMOVE KEY before completing step 8 below.
- The check function: Now, rotate the new key back to the horizontal position and try to remove the key.
- If the key does not remove, you have successfully rekeyed your lock.
- If the key does remove, rekeying was not successful and you should – reinsert that key, and repeat steps 4, 7, and 8.
- If the problem persists call the number below.
1-800-327-5625 USA & CANADA
FAQs Kwikset Smart Key Lock
Which door size does this fit Kwikset Smart Key Lock?
It will fit a typical outdoor door that can be 30 inches wide “80” high and 36″ tall. The latch bolt has two common setbacks, and this one is compatible with applications with either a 2 3/8″ or 2 3/4″ backset. Outside doors are typically 1-3/4 in “Alternatively, the door might be made of a thinner material and still function.
What number of doors can this kit fit?
Each door, one set (four pieces). Within the door are bottom and top locks, and outside are bottom and top locks.
Will a door that is 1 1/2′ thick fit Kwikset Smart Key Lock?
Yes. Door: 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 in. The two long screws can complete the task.
Does the strike plate come with it as well?
Yes, the striking plate is included.
Does anyone know the distinction between these locks’
The Kwikset lock’s basic design is called Tylo. Juno has a more rounded shape.
Does this include the inner pack as well or is this just the external pack?
It has a deadbolt lock and inside knob that match.
Is Kwikset Smart Key Lock installing this simple?
This is fairly simple to install if the new door has pre-drilled holes or if you are switching out an existing lock set. There are a tonne of YouTube videos that demonstrate installation as well.
Should the $30 set include one door lock or two?
Absolutely, at that cost. Two-piece door sets are required. It’s wonderful that you can switch out the key for a new key without going to a key store for new ones because I found it to be really helpful when they could use the same key for both.
For more manuals by Kwikset, visit ManualsDock