Kompernass KH 1159 Kitchen Scale
Kompernass is a German company that specializes in the design and distribution of various consumer goods and household appliances. The company is known for offering a wide range of products under different brand names, including Silvercrest, Quigg, and others. These products encompass categories such as kitchen appliances, personal care items, electronic gadgets, and home improvement tools.
While Kompernass itself may not be as widely recognized as some of the brands it markets, it has gained a reputation for providing affordable and functional products across Europe. Many of its products are sold through retail chains and stores, often as private-label or store-brand items.
Read the operating instructions carefully before using the appliance for the first time and preserve this booklet for later reference. Pass the manual on to whoever might acquire the appliance at a later date.
These kitchen scales are intended for use in weighing non-caustic, unaggressive, and non-abrasive liquids (especially water and milk) and solid materials in domestic households. The weighing of medications and non-permitted materials is considered to be improper use.
- This appliance is not intended for use by individuals (including children) with restricted physical, physiological, or intellectual abilities or deficiencies in experience and/or knowledge unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety or receive from this person instruction on how the appliance is to be used.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
Observe the following safety notices exactly. Failure to comply with them could damage the scales and possibly nullify your claims under the warranty provisions.
- Ensure that the batteries are inserted with the correct polarity and do not apply excessive force when inserting them.
- Never place more than 4 kg on the scale.
- Ensure that no fluids can permeate the scale.
- Avoid contact with solvents and with corrosive or abrasive cleaning materials.
- Do not subject the scale to high temperatures or powerful magnetic fields.
- Avoid electrostatic charging and discharging. These can cause erroneous displays and/or the sudden deactivation of the scales.
Information regarding the handling of batteries
This appliance uses batteries. When interacting with batteries, please observe the following:
Risk of explosion!
- Do not throw batteries into a fire. Do not recharge the batteries.
- Never open batteries, never solder or weld batteries. The risk of explosions and injuries exists!
- Regularly check the condition of the batteries. Leaking batteries can cause damage to the appliance.
- If you do not intend to use the appliance for an extended period, remove the batteries.
- In the event of the batteries leaking acids, put on a pair of protective gloves. Clean the battery compartment and the battery contacts with a dry cloth.
- Keep batteries away from children. Children can put batteries into their mouths and swallow them. If a battery is swallowed, medical assistance must be sought immediately.
- Should a battery leak, avoid making contact with the leakage with your skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. If contact is made with the battery acids, rinse the affected area with copious amounts of water and then consult a doctor.
- Battery compartment
- Mounting for suspension
- T-SET button (Timer/Clock adjustment)
- ▼ UNIT button (Unit adjuster)
- ▲ Z/T button (ZERO/TARA)
- ON/OFF button
- Glass plate
- Kitchen scales
- 2 x CR 2032 Lithium batteries
- 2 x Screws
- 2 x Plugs
- Operating Instructions
- ➩ Open the battery compartment q at the rear of the operating panel.
- ➩ Remove the protection strip from the battery compartment q.
- ➩ Close the battery compartment cover, until it locks in place.
The scale is now in clock mode and ready for use.
Setting the time
On commissioning and a change of batteries, the time must be set resp. adjusted.
- ➩ As soon as the batteries have been inserted the hour indicator blinks. Press either the ▲ Z/T y or the ▼ UNIT t button repeatedly to adjust and set the hour indicator.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button r to switch over to the minute indicator.
- ➩ Press either the ▲ Z/T y or the ▼ UNIT t button repeatedly to adjust and set the minute indicator.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button r.
The time display is now programmed. If you need to re-adjust the time display (e.g. for Summer/Winter Time) press and hold the T-Set button r until the hour indicator blinks. Then proceed as described above.
- ➩ Find a suitable position for the wall assembly. There must be sufficient space to fold down the glass plate i. Bear in mind that the bowl o may also have to be placed on the glass plate i.
Check to ensure that there are no power cables located in the wall. Should you bore into a power cable with the drill, you may receive a potentially fatal electric shock!
- Do not drill into areas where electric cables and gas or water conduits are, or maybe, located!
- ➩ Using a 6mm drill, bore two holes with a horizontal spacing of ca. 88 mm into a vertical wall.
- ➩ Insert the plugs into the holes and then screw in the screws until the screwheads project by about 3 – 4 mm.
- ➩ Place the scales onto the screw heads using the mounting e intended for this purpose.
Setting the units of measurement
You can choose between the metric and the Anglo-American (Imperial) system. From 0 g – 999 g the unit is indicated in g/oz and from 999 g in kg/lb and g/oz. Additionally, you can weigh liquids.
In the metric system:
- Milliliter (ml) water
- Milliliter (ml) milk.
In the Anglo-American system:
- Fluid ounces (floozy) water
- Fluid ounces (fl´oz) milk.
- ➩ Press the ON/OFF u button. The scale is now in the weighing mode. The programmed adjustment appears under or to the right of the weight indication in the display w.
- ➩ To switch between the metric and Anglo-American systems, press the UNIT t button until the measurement unit details change.
- ➩ To switch within a measurement system, g/kg – ml water – ml milk or oz/lb: oz – fl´oz water – fl´oz milk briefly press the UNIT t button until the desired measurement unit appears in the display w.
- ➩ Press the ON/OFF u button to switch the scales on (weighing mode).
- ➩ Fold the glass plate down.
- ➩ Program in the desired measurement unit (see chapter “Setting the units of measurement”).
The scales indicate a weight of “0”. “O” is shown in the display w and on the left.
- ➩ Place the bowl o, or another suitable receptacle, onto the scales and then press the button Z/T y. The scales once again show “0”, it does not take into account the weight of the receptacle. In the display w appears “TARE”.
- ➩ Place the item(s) to be weighed in the receptacle.
Adding & Weighing (Tare Function)
You can repeatedly set the scale back to “0” to weigh additional partial quantities.
- ➩ To do this, press the Z/T y button once again. In the display “TARE” appears on the left. The scales indicate a weight of “0” again.
- ➩ Place the additional item(s) to be weighed in the receptacle.
Removing Weighed Items
- ➩ Press the Z/T button once. “TARE” is shown in the display w and on the left. The scales indicate a weight of “0” again.
- ➩ Remove the desired amount of material.
The weight of the removed ingredients appearing in the display was a negative value.
Setting the Timer
The timer can be used in both a clock and a weighing mode. Der Timer enables you to set the clock for a specific period, at the end of which a signal tone sounds. The preset time runs as in a countdown.
- ➩ Using the ▲ Z/T 6 or the ▼ UNIT 5 button, program in the desired ten-minute setting.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button 4 once. Using the ▲ Z/T 6 or the ▼ UNIT 5 button, program in the desired one-minute setting.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button 4 once. Using the ▲ Z/T 6 or the ▼ UNIT 5 button, program in the desired ten-second setting.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button 4 once. Using the ▲ Z/T 6 or the ▼ UNIT 5 button, program in the desired one-second setting.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button 4 to start the countdown.
You can reset the timer.
- ➩ Press the T-SET button 4 to reset the timer.
As soon as the programmed time has expired, an acoustic signal sounds. This signal can be switched off by pressing on any button.
When the scale is switched on, display 2 shows the temperature in °C at the top right.
Switching the weighing function off
If you do not weigh anything for ca. 2 minutes the scale automatically switches into the clock mode.
- ➩ To manually switch over to the clock mode, press the button ON/OFF 7.
- ➩ When you no longer require the scales, fold the glass plate 8 back upwards.
- ➩ If the display w indicates “Err”, the scale is overburdened. Remove material from the scale.
- Never place more than 4 kg on the scale.
- ➩ If the display w briefly indicates “Err” and the weighing mode cannot be switched on, the scale is overburdened. Remove material from the scale and then switch the scale back on again. Place less than 4 kg on the scale.
- ➩ If the display w indicates “Lo”, the batteries are depleted. Replace the batteries.
- ➩ If „- – – -“ appears in the display w, wait a few seconds.
- ➩ If your scale does not function as expected, replace the batteries. Should the malfunction not be eliminated with these steps please make contact with our Service Centre (see “Warranty and Service“).
Changing the batteries
Pay attention to the correct polarity when exchanging batteries. An incorrect battery exchange could lead to the risk of an explosion. Only exchange batteries for identical or equivalent types. Should the batteries leak, put on protective gloves and then clean the battery compartment q with a dry cloth.
Batteries can be swallowed by children and cause impairment of health. Keep batteries out of the reach of children.
- ➩ To exchange the batteries, open the battery compartment q.
- ➩ Press the metal loop on the battery retainer outwards so that the batteries are released.
- ➩ Remove the old batteries and replace them with new ones. Take note of the correct polarity: The side of the battery marked with a “+” must show to the top.
Ensure that no fluids can enter the scale. Permeating liquids can damage the scale.
- Wipe the scale with a soft cloth moistened with mild soap suds.
- Do not use abrasive or solvent cleaners.
- Clean the display 2 only with a lightly moistened cloth and then wipe it dry with a lint-free towel. Wash bowl 9 in mild soapy water and then rinse it well with clear water.
- Dry all of the components well before re-using them.
Dispose of the appliance through an approved disposal center or at your community waste facility. Observe the currently applicable regulations. In case of doubt, please contact your waste disposal center.
Disposing of the batteries
Do not dispose of batteries with household waste. Therefore always remove the batteries/cells from the appliances before disposing of them. Every consumer is statutorily obliged to dispose of batteries at a collection site in his community/city district or a retail store. This obligation is intended to ensure that batteries are disposed of in an environmentally safe fashion. Only dispose of batteries when they are fully discharged.
- Dispose of all packaging materials in an environmentally friendly manner.
KOMPERNASS GMBH BURGSTRASSE 21 D-44867 BOCHUM
Warranty & Service
The warranty for this appliance is for 3 years from the date of purchase. The appliance has been manufactured with care and meticulously examined before delivery. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase. In the case of a warranty claim, please make contact by telephone with our service department. Only in this way can a post-free despatch for your goods be assured.
The warranty covers replacements for material or manufacturing faults only, not for normal wearing parts or damage to fragile parts. The appliance is intended for domestic use only, not for commercial purposes.
If this product has been subjected to improper or inappropriate handling, abuse, or modifications not carried out by one of our authorized sales and service outlets, the warranty will be considered void. Your statutory rights are not restricted in any way by this warranty.
Units 14-15 Bilston Industrial Estate Oxford Street Bilston WV14 7EG
- Tel.: 0870/787-6177
- Fax: 0870/787-6168
- e-mail: email@example.com
Kompernass Service Ireland
- Tel: 1850 930 412 (0,082 EUR/Min.)
Standard call rates apply. Mobile operators may vary.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQS About Kompernass KH 1159 Kitchen Scale
What does a kitchen scale serve?
You can accurately gauge the serving amounts of materials and food items by utilizing a kitchen scale.
Are digital kitchen scales precise?
Because they are smaller and more accurate, frequently to the nearest gram or 0.1 ounce, digital scales are more often used than mechanical ones.
On what scale does the kitchen operate?
Using a digital kitchen scale, a chef
Which scales offer the most accuracy?
Scales for analyzers
A kitchen scale comes in how many different types?
Who was the kitchen scale’s inventor?
How much weight can a kitchen scale measure?
A kitchen scale calculates weight or mass as a whole.
Can scales display incorrect weight?
These readings won’t be accurate at all.
Calorie counts on food scales?
It’s true that frequently weighing out your food on a scale will provide a more accurate picture of your calorie intake.
How accurate are kitchen scales?
sufficient in detail for the majority of bakers.
For more manuals by Kompernass, Visit Manualsdock