Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad
Kmart is a retail chain that was founded in 1962. At its peak, Kmart was the third-largest retailer in the United States, behind Walmart and Target. The company was known for its discount prices and its “Blue Light Specials,” which were impromptu sales that were announced over the store’s public address system. However, in recent years, Kmart has struggled to compete with other retailers and has closed many of its stores. As of 2021, Kmart has just a handful of stores remaining in the United States, and it has shifted its focus to online sales.
MODEL NO: DK60X40-1S
Carefully read this manual in full before using this electric pad
Ensure that you know how the electric pad functions and how to operate it. Maintain the electric pad in accordance with the instructions to ensure that it functions properly. Keep this manual with the electric pad. If the electric pad is to be used by a third party, this instruction manual must be supplied with it.
The safety instructions do not by themselves eliminate any danger completely and proper accident prevention measures must always be used. No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non-compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling.
Warning! Do not use this electric pad if it has been damaged in any way, if it is wet or moist or if the supply cord is damaged. Return it immediately to the retailer. Electric pads should be checked annually for electrical safety in order to limit the risk of electric shock or fire. For cleaning and storage, please refer to the “CLEANING” and “STORAGE” sections.
SAFE OPERATION GUIDE
- Fit the pad securely with the strap.
- Use this pad as an underpad only. Not recommended for futons or similar folding bedding systems.
- When not in use, pack the pad in its original packaging for the best protection and store it in a cool, clean, and dry location. Avoid pressing sharp creases into the pad. Store the pad only after it has fully cooled down.
- When storing, fold neatly but not tightly (or roll) in the original packaging without sharp bends in the heating element and store where no other objects will be placed on top of it.
- Do not crease the pad by placing items on top of it during storage.
- Warning! The pad should not be used on an adjustable bed. Warning! The pad must be fitted securely with the fitted strap.
- Warning! The cord and control must be away from other heat sources such as heating and lamps.
- Warning! Do not use folded, rucked, creased, or when damp.
- Warning! Use the HIGH setting to preheat before use only. Do not use the control set to the high setting. It is highly recommended that the pad be set to low heat for continuous use.
- Warning! Do not use the controller set too high for an extended period of time.
- Warning! Remember to switch the pad controller to “OFF” at the end of use and disconnect from the main power. Do not leave on indefinitely. There may be a risk of fire.
- Warning! For added safety, it is recommended that this pad be used with a residual current safety device (safety switch) with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA. If unsure please consult a qualified electrician.
- Warning! The pad must be returned to the manufacturer or his agents if the link has ruptured.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
When using electric appliances always observe safety regulations where applicable to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury. Always check that the power supply corresponds to the voltage on the rating plate on the controller.
- Warning! Do not use the electric pad folded. Do not use the electric pad
rucked. Avoid creasing the pad. Do not insert pins into the electric pad. DO NOT use this electric pad if it is wet or has suffered water splashes.
- Warning! Do not use this electric pad with an infant or child, or any other person insensitive to heat and other very vulnerable persons who are unable to react to overheating. Do not use with a helpless or incapacitated person or any person suffering from medical illness such as high blood circulation, diabetes, or high skin sensitivity.
- Warning! Avoid extended use of this electric pad at a high setting. This may result in skin burns.
- Warning! Avoid creasing the pad. Examine the pad frequently for signs of wear or damage. If there are such signs or if the appliance has been misused, have it inspected by a qualified electrical person prior to any further use or the product must be disposed of?
- Warning! This electric pad is not intended for use in hospitals.
- Warning! For electrical safety, the electric pad must only be used with the detachable control unit 030A1 supplied with the item. Do not use other attachments not supplied with the pad.
This electric pad must be connected to a suitable 220-240V— 50Hz power supply. If using an extension cord, ensure that the extension cord is of a suitable 10-amp power rating. Fully unwind the supply cord when in use as a coiled cord may overheat.
Warning! Always unplug from the mains supply when not in use.
Supply cord and plug
If the supply cord or controller is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
Warning! Not to be used by children under the age of three.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- lx 60x40cm Heat Pad
- lx Instruction Manual
Caution! Confirm all parts before disposing of the packaging. Safely dispose of all plastic bags and other packaging components. They may be potentially dangerous to children.
Location and Use
Use the pad as an underpad only. This pad is designed for domestic use only. This pad is not intended for medical use in hospitals and/or nursing homes.
Fit the pad with elastic Ensure the pad is fully flat and not bent or wrinkled.
Once the electric pad has been installed correctly in position, connect the controller supply plug to a suitable power outlet. Ensure the controller is set to “Off” before plugging in. Select the desired heat setting on the controller. The indicator lamp indicates that the pad is ON.
The controller has the following settings.
- 0 NO HEAT
- 1 LOW HEAT
- 2 MEDIUM HEAT
- 3 HIGH(PREHEAT)
“3” is the highest setting for preheating and is not recommended for prolonged use, just suggest using this setting first to warm up quickly. There is a LED light that illuminates when the pad is switched ON.
IMPORTANT! The electric pad is fitted with an automatic timer to switch OFF the pad after 2 hours of continuous use on any one of the heat settings (i.e. Low, Medium, or High). The auto power OFF function is re-activated for 2 hours each time the controller is switched OFF and switched back ON again by pressing the On/Off button and selecting 1 or 2 or 3 heat settings. The 2-hour timer is automatic and cannot be adjusted manually.
Warning! When not in use or before cleaning, always disconnect the pad from the main power supply.
Sponge the area with a neutral wool detergent or mild soap solution in lukewarm water. Sponge with clean water and dry completely before use.
Do Not Wash
Disconnect the detachable cord from the pad when spot cleaning.
- Drape the pad across a clothesline and drip dry.
- DO NOT use pegs to secure the pad in position.
- DO NOT dry with a hairdryer or heater.
IMPORTANT! Ensure the controls are in a position that will not allow dripping water to fall onto any part of the controller. Allow the pad to dry thoroughly. Connect the detachable cord to the connector on the pad. Ensure the connector is properly locked in place.
CAUTION! Electric Shock Hazard. Ensure the electric pad and connector on the pad is completely dry, free of any water or moisture, before connecting to mains power.
- Warning! During washing and drying the detachable cord must be disconnected or positioned in a way to ensure that water does not flow into the switch or control unit
- Warning! Do not allow the supply cord or controller to be immersed in any liquids. Warning! Do not wring the pad
- Warning! Do not dry clean this electric pad. This may damage the heating element or the controller.
- Warning! Do not iron this pad Do not machine wash or machine dry.
- Warning! Do not tumble dry.
- Warning I Do not bleach. Dry flat in shade only
IMPORTANT! Safety Check
This pad should be checked annually by a suitably qualified person to ensure its safety and suitability for use.
Store in a safe place
Warning! Before storage this appliance allows it to cool down before folding. When not in use store your pad and instruction manual in a safe and dry place. Roll or gently fold the pad. Do not crease. Store in a suitable protective bag for protection. Do not place items on the pad when storing. Before re-using after storage, it is recommended that the pad is checked by a suitably qualified person to eliminate the risk of fire or electric shock through a damaged pad. Examine the appliance frequently for signs of wear or damage. If there are such signs or if the appliance has been misused the pad must be checked by a qualified electrical person for electrical safety, before switching it on again.
- Size 60cm x40cm
- 220-240v— 50Hz 20W
- Controller 030A1
12 Month Warranty
- Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
- Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian
- Consumer Law. Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair, or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period.
- Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via
- Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and aims for expenses incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our
- Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
FAQs Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad
What is the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad?
The Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad is an electric heating pad designed to provide soothing heat to sore muscles and joints.
What are the dimensions of the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad?
The Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad measures approximately 60cm x 40cm, making it large enough to cover a variety of body areas.
What is the temperature range of the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad?
The Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad has a temperature range of 40°C to 60°C, allowing users to choose the level of heat that feels most comfortable.
How long does it take for the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad to heat up?
The Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad heats up relatively quickly, usually reaching its maximum temperature within 10-15 minutes.
How long can the Kmart Heat Pad be used?
The Kmart Heat Pad can be used for up to 3 hours at a time, after which it will automatically turn off for safety reasons.
Is the Kmart Heat Pad washable?
No, the Kmart Heat Pad is not washable. It should be wiped down with a damp cloth and allowed to air dry.
Can the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad be used for other purposes besides muscle pain relief?
While the Kmart Heat Pad is primarily designed for muscle pain relief, it can also be used for other purposes such as keeping warm on cold nights or providing a comfortable surface for pets to sleep on.
Is the Kmart Heat Pad safe to use?
Yes, the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad is safe to use as long as the instructions provided are followed carefully. It has a built-in overheat protection function and will automatically turn off after 3 hours of use.
How much does the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad cost?
The price of the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad varies depending on the retailer, but it is generally priced between $30-$50.
Can the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad be used for both hot and cold therapy?
No, the Kmart DK60X40-1S Heat Pad is designed only for hot therapy and should not be used for cold therapy.
For More manuals by Kmart, Visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Kmart-DK60X40-1S-Heat-Pad.pdf” download=”all”]