KingSlim D5 Dash Cam
We think a dash camera with excellent quality and powerful performance is essential for every driver of a car nowadays. We at KINGSLIM produce top-of-the-line dash cameras and offer top-notch services.
What’s in the Box
- Function Button
- Bracket Slot
- Front Camera
- Mini USB Power Port 1 (Power supply)
- Mini USB Power Port 2
- Memory Card Slot
- Working Indicator
- Power Button
- Insert a memory card (sold separately).
Tip: The D5 Dash Cam supports a Class 10 or above memory card of up to 256 GB (memory card not included). Please format the card in the camera before using it in the dash cam. Do not remove or insert the memory card when the dash cam is turned on as this may damage the card.
- Insert the GPS bracket into the bracket slot.
- Install the D5 Dash Cam on the windshield.
① Clean the windshield with a dry cloth.
② Remove the static sticker film and apply the sticker to the windshield while ensuring no air bubbles.
③ Peel off the film on one side of the double-sided adhesive tape and apply the tape to the D5 Dash Cam.
④ Peel off the film on the other side of the adhesive tape and press the D5 Dash Cam firmly to secure it on the static sticker (if you wish to remove the dash cam, please take off the static sticker).
Note: You can stick the dash cam to the windshield without using the static sticker.
- Adjust the viewing angle of the dash cam accordingly.
- Connect the car charger to the dash cam. Plug the car charger into the cigarette lighter.
- Use the pry tool to hide the cables.
Formatting the Memory Card
Please format the memory in the camera before using this dash cam. Tip: Do not remove or insert the memory card when the dash cam is turned on, which may damage the card.
- Press the button to pause the recording.
- Press the button to enter the setting page.
- Press the button to select Format, then press the button.
- Select “OK” and press the “Confirm” button.
Once formatting is complete, it will automatically exit this page.
- After formatting, connect a car charger and start the engine; the device will automatically turn on and begin recording.
- Loop recording is already enabled on the D5 Dash Cam; the default setting is 3 Minutes.
- The G-sensor is already enabled on the D5 Dash Cam; the default setting is Low.
If an impact or sudden braking is detected, it will automatically start recording and save the footage in the “frontier” folder.
- Press the 4th function button to stop recording.
- Press the 2nd function button to enter the album.
- Emergency recording
- Parking mode recording
Tips: To unlock the emergency recording, please enter the album, short-press the power button, and then select your option in the Unlock menu.
- Recording Resolution
- Recording Indicator
- Video Time
- Microphone Indicator
- Parking Mode
- Power Status
- Memory Card Indicator
- Stop/Start Recording
- Setting/Emergency Recording
- Wifi Indicator/Audio Recording (Mute/Unmute)
Select to switch language.
Default setting: English
Select to switch resolution.Options:
• 4K P30
• 2K P30
• 1080P P60
Default setting: 4K P30
- Loop Recording
If you choose the 3 Minutes option, the files will be saved every 3 minutes. When the memory card is full, new files will overwrite the old ones if Loop Recording is on. If it is off, the camera will stop recording when the card is full. You will then need to format the memory card or insert a new one.Options:
• 1 Minute
• 3 Minutes
• 5 Minutes
Default setting: 3 Minutes
- Beep Sound
Turn the beep sound on/off.
Default setting: On
Choose the right frequency to avoid flickering. This should be based on your local AC parameters.Options:
• 60 Hz
• 50 Hz
Default setting: 60 Hz
When G-Sensor Mode is turned on, it will automatically start recording and save content if an impact or sudden braking is detected. The videos will be locked and never overwritten by new files. The higher the sensitivity level, the easier it is to trigger the G-Sensor.Options:
Default Setting: Low
Select to change exposure. Options:
Default setting: +0.0
- Time Zone
Choose the time zone manually. The device will then display the time of the selected time zone.
Default setting: GMT – 5 (U.S. Eastern Time Zone)
Track your driving speed and show your preferred speed unit. Options:
Default setting: KM/H
- Screen Saver
The display screen will turn off automatically after a set time. When the screen is turned off, power consumption will be reduced. The camera will still work while the screen is turned off. Just click the screen to turn it back on.Options:
• 30 Seconds
• 1 Minute
• 2 Minutes
Default setting: 1 Minute
Select your video compression standard. H.265 is faster and more efficient than H.264.Options:
Default setting: H.265
- Car No.
Enter your license plate number and videos/photos will include it in the left or right corner.
Set the date and time manually.
- Motion Detection
When Motion Detection is on, the D5 Dash Cam will detect whether you are driving or parked. If no movement is detected after 5 minutes of recording, Parking Mode will be activated.
Default setting: Off
- Time-lapse Recording
When Time-lapse Recording is selected, the camera will take static photos to create a video montage.
Default setting: Off
- Date Stamp
Select to add a date stamp to photos/videos.
Default setting: On
Select to turn HDR mode on/off.
Default setting: Off
- Parking Mode
If there is an impact on the car during parking, the camera will turn on automatically and create a locked 20-second recording. The higher the selected level, the easier it is to trigger the recording.
Default setting: Off
Format your memory card.
Restore the default settings.
Check the software version of the camera. This information may be required when technical support is needed.
Download the App and GPS Player
Download the “Kingslim” app on the App Store or Google Play.
Download the GPS player: www.kingslim.net/player
Using the “Kingslim” App
Connect the camera with the app.
- Short press the fourth function button to stop recording on the D5 Dash Cam.
- Short press the first function button to enter Wi-Fi settings on the main menu.
- Go to your smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Wi-Fi name shown on the dash cam. Enter the password and confirm the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the “Kingslim” app, tap “NVT_CARDVxxxx” and wait a few seconds to enter the preview interface.
- Tap the video or photo icon to control the D5 Dash Cam in either recording videos or shooting photos.
DOWNLOAD OR DELETE VIDEOS AND PHOTOS
- Tap the icon to stop recording.
- Tap the icon to check the videos or photos.
- Tap “Select” and choose the videos or photos that you want.
- Tap the download or delete icon to download or delete.
Note: To exit Wi-Fi settings, please press the first button on the dash cam. To delete the emergency recording on the app, please unlock the video in the album by pressing the power button to call out the Unlock menu.
- Video: 4K at 30 fps/2K at 30 fps/1080P at 60 fps
- Video Coding: H.264/H.265
- Working temperature: 20–60°C (-4–140°F)
- Input: 5V DC
If your D5 Dash Cam is not working properly, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- The dash cam cannot record.
• Check whether the memory card has enough space. Please back up any important data to other devices first, then format the memory card.
• Check if Loop Recording in the Settings menu is set to Off. Set “Loop Recording” to 3 minutes.
- The recording stops automatically.
During recording, a large amount of high-definition video data is processed. Please use a high-speed memory card of Class 10 or higher.
- A “File Error” prompt appears when playing back pictures and videos.
Please use a genuine memory card. Please format the memory card.
- The image is misty.
Ensure that there are no fingerprints or other marks on the camera lens. Use a soft dry cloth to clean the lens. Clean the front windshield.
- The device crashes.
If your device crashes, use a sharp object to press the reset button and restart the device.
- There is no sound in the video.
Ensure that Audio Recording Mode is on.
- The camera keeps turning on and off automatically.
Please charge the camera with the included car charger. Do not charge the battery via the USB data cable with other adapters.
- Please mount your device in a secure place and protect the lens from scratches and dirt.
- Do not expose the device to rain, moisture, or water under any circumstances.
- Avoid leaving the device in direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Do not dismantle or expose the internal battery.
For any inquiries about KingSlim products, please feel free to contact us. We will respond within 24 hours.
FAQs about KingSlim D5 Dash Cam
A dash camera uses how much memory?
Usage Time – Typically, 6GB is used for every hour of 1080p recording. A 64GB card or around 60GB of storage would be required for two hours of driving per day, five days per week. Dash cameras typically capture between 30 and 60 frames per second.
How long is the memory on a dash camera?
In a dash camera, an SD card typically lasts between one and two years. This is quite typical and one of the reasons a backup SD card is advised, which brings us to our following point.
Which SD card is best for a Kingslim dashcam?
For the D4 dash cam, we advise using a memory card with the highest capacity of up to 256GB from Samsung, Sandisk, or Kingston.
Which Kingslim dash cam is the best?
The Kingslim D4 is one of the greatest dash cameras available right now, in our opinion. It costs roughly $100 and offers both front and back recording in addition to a high recording rate and quality. However, for those seeking an even more economical choice, our staff also suggests a number of low-cost dash cams.
Do dashcams use more battery power?
Will a dash camera deplete my battery, then? The quick response is that it’s quite unlikely. When recording, dash cameras normally consume less than 5 watts, and they use much less when they are in Parking Mode and waiting for something to happen.
Can a dashcam be used without an SD card?
To save recorded footage, most dash cameras need a memory card, usually an SD (Secure Digital) or microSD card. The camera would not be able to save the footage without a memory card, rendering the gadget practically worthless.
What kind of footage can a dash camera capture?
The length of time that a dash cam records for depends on a number of variables, including the recording quality and SD card size of the camera. However, you may anticipate the camera to record for around this long with a high-quality recording (1080p): 55 minutes and 8 GB. 110 minutes (1.8 hours) on 16 GB
Exists internal memory in dashcams?
Dash cameras generally have a storage capacity of 32GB to 256GB, depending on the brand and type. While some devices have built-in memory, others need a microSD card to save videos.
How can I format my KingSlim SD card?
To access the Settings screen, long-press the Setup button. Once there, click the Down button until you locate the choice for Format. Click the OK button to confirm your selection, and then wait a few seconds for the formatting to complete. Once the RAM has finished formatting, the machine will shut down automatically.
Do dash cameras accept standard SD cards?
To watch footage on a laptop or PC, dash cameras normally require a MicroSD card and frequently ship with an SD converter. TLC and MLC flash memory are the two most popular varieties. The latter may cost more, but it is more lasting and hence more suited for dash cameras than the former, which is more affordable and less dependable.
For more manuals by KingSlim, visit Manualsdock