Keurig K-Elite Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
Keurig is a brand of coffee makers and beverage brewing systems. The company is known for its single-serve brewing technology, which allows users to brew a single cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or other hot beverages quickly and conveniently.
The Keurig brewing system uses specially designed pods called K-Cups, which contain pre-measured coffee grounds or other beverage ingredients. These K-Cups are inserted into the machine, and the Keurig brewer punctures the foil top and bottom of the pod, allowing hot water to pass through and brew the beverage directly into a mug or cup.
Before You Brew
- Plug & Place
Remove packing tape from the brewer and plug it into a grounded outlet.
- Place a large mug (12oz minimum) on the drip tray.
- Rinse & Fill
- Remove the water reservoir lid, then lift the reservoir straight up to remove it.
- If you have a Keurig® Water Filter, install it now.
- Refer to your Water Filter Starter Kit for instructions. Rinse the reservoir with fresh water and fill it to the MAX fill line.
- Replace the water reservoir, making sure the lock tab engages with the brewer. Replace lid.
NOTE: Do not use distilled water.
- Power On
- Press the power button – the green power light will illuminate.
- The brewer will automatically begin heating the water. This will take about 3 minutes. Once the heating sound stops, the brewer is ready.
- Cleansing Brew
- Do not insert a K-Cup® pod. Press the HOT WATER button. The five brew buttons will blink. Press the small mug (8oz) button to start a cleansing brew. Pour the hot water into the sink.
- The one-time setup process is now complete and you are ready to brew!
NOTE: Between brew cycles, the brewer may take about a minute to reheat.
Brew Your First Cup
Place Mug & Pod
- Place a mug on the drip tray. If using a travel mug, remove the drip tray and place the mug on the drip tray base. Lift the handle and place a K-Cup® pod in the K-Cup® pod holder. Lower the handle completely to close the lid.
- Do not remove the foil lid on the K-Cup® pod.
- High Altitude Brewing: While holding the brewer handle up, push down slowly on the K-Cup® pod in the pod holder until the bottom of the K-Cup® pod is punctured by the exit needle.
Brew & Enjoy!
- Select your brew size – for bolder coffee, press the STRONG button before selecting your brew size. The brew size and STRONG button, if selected, will remain illuminated while brewing – about 1 minute.
- For iced beverages, fill a 16oz plastic tumbler with ice. Insert any K-Cup® pod, then press the ICED button.
- The brewer will be ready to brew another cup in about a minute.
NOTE: For iced beverages, only use a plastic cup. Do not use glass.
CAUTION: While brewing, there is extremely hot water in the K-Cup® pod holder. To avoid injury, do not lift the handle during the brewing process.
Strong Brew increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee’s flavor. For bolder coffee, press the STRONG button and select your brew size.
Iced Coffee: Brew hot over ice and enjoy cold. Makes full-flavored and delicious iced coffee.
Hot Water on demand for instant soups and oatmeal.
Smart Start heats and then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for the brewer to heat before selecting the brew size. Power on your brewer, add coffee, then select your brew size. The brewer will heat, then automatically begin brewing.
Clock allows you to set an Auto On time.
Temperature Control allows you to adjust the temperature from 187° – 192°.
Auto On sets your brewer to turn on at a specific time.
Auto Off automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings. You can also program your brewer to shut off in 15-minute increments after your last brew or remain on all the time.
High Altitude ensures your brewer works properly at higher altitudes (5,000 feet).
NOTE: In High Altitude mode the temperature is not adjustable. If you attempt to adjust the temperature, the mountain icon will flash indicating that you are in high altitude mode.
Programming Brewer Features
To program your K-Elite® brewer, use the settings button and up and down arrows. After the feature is programmed, press the settings button until you return to the home clock screen.
Clock: Press the settings button once and use the up and down arrows to select the correct hour. Press the settings button again and use the up and down arrows to select the correct minutes.
Temperature Control: Press the settings button 3 times and use the up and down arrows to select your preferred temperature.
Auto On: Press the settings button until a sun icon appears. Then use the up and down arrows to turn the Auto On functionality “on.” Press the settings button again to set your preferred time, using the up and down arrows. Once you return to the home clock screen a sun icon will be present to let you know that the functionality is on.
NOTE: You must set the clock to enable to Auto On functionality.
Auto Off: Press the settings button and use the up and down arrows to set your preferred off time. Off-time can be set from 15 minutes to 2 hours in 15-minute increments. A moon icon will appear on the screen to indicate your brewer is in auto-off mode.
- To disable Auto Off, use the up and down arrows to turn the functionality “off.” The moon icon will no longer appear on the screen.
- To enable Auto Off, use the up and down arrows to turn the functionality “on.” The moon icon will appear on the screen.
High Altitude: Press the settings button until you see the mountain icon displayed on your screen. Use the arrows to turn this setting on or off.
NOTE: In high altitude mode the temperature is not adjustable. If you attempt to adjust the temperature, the mountain icon will flash indicating you are in high altitude mode.
Caring for your Brewer
Regular cleaning keeps your brewer running smoothly. Always be sure to turn off and unplug your brewer before cleaning.
Brewer Exterior Keep your Keurig® brewer looking its best by cleaning the exterior from time to time. Just clean with a damp, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth. Never immerse the brewer in water or other liquids.
Drip Tray The drip tray can hold up to 8 ounces of overflow and should be emptied and cleaned occasionally. To remove it, slide it toward you, keeping it level to avoid spilling. Clean with a damp, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
Water Reservoir & Reservoir Lid The water reservoir lid and water reservoir should be cleaned periodically with a damp, soapy, non-abrasive cloth. Rinse the reservoir thoroughly after cleaning. This will ensure that no cleaning solutions remain in the area as they may contaminate the water supply. After rinsing, fill the reservoir with clean water and return it to the brewer. Do not dry the inside of the water reservoir with a cloth as lint may remain. The water reservoir lid and water reservoir should not be put into the dishwasher.
NOTE: If you are using a water filter inside the water reservoir, remove it before cleaning.
K-Cup® Pod Holder To remove the K-Cup® pod holder from the brewer, lift the handle and grasp the top of the K-Cup® pod holder with one hand while pushing up on the bottom of the K-Cup® pod
Funnel The funnel can be removed from the K-Cup® pod holder by pulling on it until it pops off. To replace it, orient the snaps to the indent and just snap it back onto the K-Cup® pod holder.
Exit Needle Remove the pod holder assembly and detach the funnel. Locate the exit needle on the inside bottom of the K-Cup® pod holder. Insert a straightened paper clip into the exit needle to loosen any coffee grounds
Entrance Needle Lift the brewer handle and locate the entrance needle on the underside of the lid. To clean the holes in the needle, hold the brewer handle in the upward position, and with your other hand, carefully insert a straightened paper clip into all the holes. Gently move it around to loosen any coffee grounds. Lower the handle completely and run two water-only brew cycles. Do not insert a K-Cup® pod.
TIP: Refer to support.Keurig.com for video instructions on cleaning the entrance/exit needles.
Descaling your Brewer
You should describe your brewer every 3-6 months. Properly follow the descaling procedure.
Depending on the mineral content of your water, calcium deposits or scales may build up in your brewer. Scale is nontoxic but if left unattended can hinder brewer performance. Regularly descaling your brewer every 3-6 months helps maintain the heating element and other internal parts that come in contact with water. Calcium deposits may build up faster, making it necessary to descale more often.
Before you begin, you will need a large ceramic mug, fresh water, Keurig® Descaling Solution, and access to a sink. Do not use a paper cup. Ensure that there is no beverage pod in the K-Cup® pod holder. Please allow approximately 45 minutes for the descaling procedure. Empty the water from the water reservoir. If using a Keurig® Water Filter, remove and set aside.
- STEP 1: Descaling Solution Rinse
- Press the power button to power the brewer off.
- Pour the entire bottle of Keurig® Descaling Solution into an emptied water reservoir. Then fill the empty bottle with water and pour it into the water reservoir. Press the power button to turn the brewer back on.
- Place a large mug on the drip tray and run a rinsing brew by selecting the hot water button and selecting the largest brew size.
- STEP 2: Descaling Rinse & Repeat
- Repeat the rinsing brew process until the added water light is illuminated. Do not use a K-Cup® pod. Let the brewer stand for at least 30 minutes while still on.
- After 30 minutes, discard any residual solution from the water reservoir and rinse thoroughly.
- STEP 3: Fresh Water Rinse
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh water to and not beyond the MAX fill line.
- Place a large mug on the drip tray and run a rinsing brew using the largest brew size. Do not use a K-Cup® pod. Pour the contents of the mug into the sink.
- Repeat the brew process until you have completed at least 12 rinsing brews using the largest brew size. You may need to refill the water reservoir at least one time during this process.
NOTE: The cleaning action of Keurig® Descaling Solution may result in a “foam” dispensed from the brewer. This is natural, as the solution is reacting with the scale inside. For a brewer that is heavily scaled, the brewer may not fill properly after the descaler is added. If this occurs, you may see only a small or no output dispensed, followed by the sound of air blowing out. If this occurs:
- Turn off and unplug the brewer.
- If there is Keurig® Descaling Solution in the water reservoir, discard the contents, rinse the water reservoir thoroughly, and refill it with water.
- Plug the brewer back in, power it on, and repeat the Step 3 Fresh Water Rinse cycle. The brewer should begin to function normally as the solution is rinsed out and the scale is removed. If the problem persists, allow the brewer to sit unplugged for at least 30 minutes before continuing with the rinse.
Grounds in Your Coffee
Grounds may have gathered in the exit or entrance needles and can be cleaned using a straightened paper clip or similar tool.
- Clean the exit needle of the K-Cup® pod holder. Refer to the exit needle care instructions.
- Clean the brewer entrance needle. Refer to the entrance needle care instructions.
Brewer Will Not Brew
- After placing the K-Cup® pod in the K-Cup® pod holder, make sure that the handle is pushed down securely and the brew buttons are flashing.
- If the add water light is illuminated, add water to the water reservoir. Fill to and not beyond the MAX fill line. Make sure the water reservoir is seated properly in its base. If the added water light continues to be illuminated even after refilling, contact Customer Service.
- If 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz and ICED button lights are all on simultaneously, lift the handle and remove the K-Cup® pod (if present in the brewer). Close the handle and place a large mug on the drip tray. Press the power button once. The brewer may dispense hot water.
- If 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12oz lights all blink simultaneously, contact Customer Service.
Brewing a Partial Cup
- The exit needle may be clogged. Refer to the exit needle care instructions.
- The water reservoir may have been removed during brewing. Replace the water reservoir and perform a rinsing brew without a K-Cup® pod.
- The brewer may need to be described. If you have repeated the descaling procedure on your brewer two times and it is still only brewing a partial cup, contact Customer Service.
Brewer Does Not Have Power or Shuts Off
- Make sure that the power button has been turned on.
- Plug the brewer into its own grounded outlet. If the electric circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your brewer may not function properly. The brewer should be operated on its circuit, separate from other appliances.
- For energy savings, your brewer is set to turn off automatically 2 hours after your last brew. You can program your brewer to automatically turn off in 15-minute increments by adjusting the settings.
- If the brewer still doesn’t have power, contact Customer Service.
Adjustable Temperature Not Working
The temperature is not adjustable when set to High Altitude mode. When High Altitude mode is enabled, a mountain icon will be displayed on the screen. If you attempt to adjust the temperature, the mountain icon will flash indicating you are in high altitude mode.
Water quality varies greatly. If you notice an undesirable taste in your beverage (such as chlorine or mineral tastes), we recommend using bottled or filtered water. Do not use distilled water. You can also install a Keurig® Water Filter to help remove water impurities and improve beverage taste.
Beyond these recommended cleaning and maintenance procedures, this brewer is not user-serviceable. For service, please refer to the Warranty section of this guide.
- Empty the water reservoir before storing or transporting and take care to ensure that you store your brewer in a safe and frost-free environment. Please be sure to store your brewer in its upright position to avoid water leakage from the inner tank. If you store the brewer in a cold environment, you run the risk of water freezing inside the brewer and causing damage. When you prepare to use it after storage, we recommend rinsing the water reservoir with fresh water and running three rinsing brews without a K-Cup® pod.
- If you plan to move your brewer to a different location, turn the brewer off, unplug it, and empty the water reservoir. If your brewer has been in an environment below freezing, please be sure to let it warm to room temperature for at least 2 hours before using it.
Click or Call!
- Have Questions?
We’re here to help. Visit support.keurig.com for step-by-step videos on cleaning, descaling, and more.
- Still Need Help? Give us a call at 1-866-901-BREW (2739)
LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig) warrants that your brewer will be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal home use for one year from the date of purchase. It is recommended that you register your brewer on keurig.com/new so that your purchase information will be stored in our system. Keurig will, at its option, repair or replace a defective brewer without charge upon its receipt of proof of the date of purchase. If a replacement brewer is necessary to service this warranty, the replacement brewer may be new or reconditioned. If a replacement brewer is sent, a new limited one-year warranty will be applied to the replacement brewer.
This warranty only applies to brewers operated in the United States and Canada. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and, in the case of Canada, from province to province.
Only the use of Keurig® K-Cup® brand pods and accessories will guarantee the proper functioning and lifetime of your Keurig® brewer. Any damage to or malfunction of your brewer resulting from the use of non-Keurig® pods and accessories may not be covered by this warranty or may result in a service fee if the damage or malfunction is determined to be caused by such use.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY?
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND DOES NOT COVER INCIDENTAL COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you depending on the state or province of purchase.
Nor does this warranty cover damages caused by the use of non-Keurig® pods or accessories, services performed by anyone other than Keurig or its authorized service providers, use of parts other than genuine Keurig® parts, or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inappropriate power supply, or acts of God.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS INSTEAD OF ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL. IN ADDITION, KEURIG HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES CONCERNING YOUR K-ELITE™ BREWER, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states or provinces do not allow disclaimers of such implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you depending on the state or the province of purchase.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE?
Keurig® brewers are high-quality appliances and, with proper care, are intended to provide years of satisfying performance. However, should the need arise for warranty servicing, simply call Keurig Customer Service at our toll-free phone number 1.866.901.BREW (2739). Please do not return your brewer for servicing without first speaking to Keurig Customer Service to obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number. Keurig® brewers returned without an RMA number will be returned to the sender without servicing.
- A. Water Reservoir Lid
- B. MAX Fill Line
- C. Water Reservoir
- D. Water Reservoir Lock Tab Slot
- E. Power Cord
- F. Handle
- G. Lid
- H. K-Cup® Pod Holder (H and I are the K-Cup® Pod Holder Assembly)
- I. Funnel
- J. K-Cup® Pod Assembly Housing
- K. Drip Tray Plate
- L. Drip Tray
- M. Drip Tray Base
FAQS About Keurig K-Elite Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
What makes the Keurig K-Elite different from other Keurig models?
The K-Elite offers additional features such as strong brew, iced coffee setting, and customizable temperature control. It also has a sleek design and a larger water reservoir compared to some other models.
Can I use any K-Cup pods with the K-Elite?
Yes, the Keurig K-Elite is compatible with all K-Cup pods, including those from various brands, offering a wide range of beverage options.
How large is the water reservoir on the K-Elite?
The K-Elite has a 75-ounce water reservoir, allowing you to brew multiple cups of coffee before needing to refill.
Does the K-Elite have a strong brew option?
Yes, the K-Elite has a strong brew setting that increases the strength and boldness of your coffee.
Can I brew iced coffee with the K-Elite?
Yes, the K-Elite has a dedicated setting for iced coffee, providing a convenient way to make cold beverages.
How do I descale the Keurig K-Elite?
To descale the K-Elite, you can use a descaling solution or a mixture of vinegar and water. Follow the instructions in the user manual for the proper descaling procedure.
Does the K-Elite have a programmable timer?
No, the K-Elite does not have a programmable timer. However, it has a strong brew button and the option to set your preferred temperature.
Can I use my own coffee grounds with the K-Elite?
While the K-Elite is designed for use with K-Cup pods, you can use the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter (sold separately) to brew with your own coffee grounds.
How do I clean the K-Elite?
Regular cleaning involves wiping the exterior with a damp cloth and removing and cleaning the drip tray and water reservoir. Refer to the user manual for detailed cleaning instructions.
Is the K-Elite compatible with Keurig Vue or K-Mug pods?
No, the K-Elite is designed specifically for K-Cup pods and is not compatible with Keurig Vue or K-Mug pods.
For more manuals by Keurig ManualsDock