Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS HUMIDIFIER
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
- Always place this humidifier on a firm, flat, and level surface. This humidifier may not work properly on an uneven surface.
- Place this humidifier in an area where it is not accessible to children.
- Do not place the humidifier near any heat sources such as stoves, radiators, and heaters.
- Do not use the humidifier outdoors.
- Before using the humidifier, check the power cord for any signs of damage. If the cord is found to be damaged, DO NOT USE and return the humidifier to the manufacturer under the warranty agreement for repair.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit securely in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- To disconnect the humidifier, first turn the controls to the OFF position, then grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet. Never pull by the cord.
- A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and a distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlets.
- The humidifier should always be unplugged and emptied when not in operation or while being serviced or cleaned.
- Never tilt or attempt to move the humidifier while it is operating or filled with water. UNPLUG the humidifier before moving.
- This humidifier requires regular cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided. Never clean the humidifier in any manner other than as instructed in this manual.
- Do not direct moisture flow directly at individuals, walls, or furniture.
- When a humidifier is used in a closed room or small room, check periodically for proper ventilation, as excessive humidity can cause condensation stains on walls.
- Turn the humidifier OFF if you notice moisture on the inside of your windows. For proper humidity reading use a hygrometer, which is available in many hardware and department stores, or by ordering one from the manufacturer.
- This product is intended for residential use only.
Honeywell Ultrasonic Humidifier (Model HUT-220 Series)
This device complies with Part 18 of the FCC rules.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for Consumer ISM equipment, pursuant to Part 18 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy, and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference with radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio TV technician for help.
How it Works:
The Easy to Care Ultrasonic Humidifier is designed to silently provide visible cool moisture. Water is pumped from the water reservoir through the demineralization cartridge which helps capture minerals in the water. Demineralized water flows into the misting tray where it is turned into a fine visible mist through the action of ultrasonic sound waves. The mist is then propelled into the air by a small fan providing relief from dry air.
The unique top-fill design makes filling as easy as watering a plant. This unit is also equipped with a water circulating feature which indicates when refilling is needed.
Your humidifier is made up of these parts:
SETTING UP YOUR HUMIDIFIER
Remove from box
Remove packaging material. Remove and set aside the instruction manual. Recycle the box and packaging materials or save the box for the end
of season storage.
To prevent the water pump from shifting during transportation it has been taped to the inside of your humidifier. Remove the top housing and locate the water pump in the bottom of the main housing. Remove the shipping tape located on the water pump and place the water pump back in the slot.
Make sure it is securely in place and the hose is not bent or crimped or the unit will not operate.
Select a firm, level location at least 6” (15cm) from any walls for proper airflow. Place the humidifier on a water-resistant surface, as water can damage furniture and some flooring. Kaz will not accept responsibility for property damage caused by water spillage.
Note: You can fill this humidifier with as much as 1 gallon of water or as little as a cup of water.
Note: Water can be added up to, but not exceed the Full line.
Indications that your humidifier needs to be refilled are:
- The humidifier has stopped producing mist
- Water has stopped circulating over the top housing
OPERATING: HUT-220 Series
DO NOT plug in the humidifier with wet hands to avoid electric shock.
NOTE: DO NOT OPERATE WITH THE TOP COVER REMOVED. Doing so could result in water spilling from the humidifier.
REPLACING DEMINERALIZATION CARTRIDGE
The demineralization cartridge should be changed every 20-30 fillings depending on your water quality. Keep in mind, depending on your water quality, you may need to change your demineralization cartridge more frequently. Indications that you should change your cartridge are white-colored particles/dust settling around the base of your humidifier.
For areas of extreme hard water, it is recommended that you use distilled water in your humidifier.
REPLACING DEMINERALIZATION CARTRIDGE (Continued)
CLEANING: HUT-220 Series
NOTE: It is recommended that all maintenance be done in the kitchen or bathroom on a water-resistant surface.
Weekly Cleaning: To properly clean your humidifier we recommend the process of scale removal and disinfecting.
DISHWASHER SAFE: The following parts are TOP RACK dishwasher safe for residential dishwashers operating at temperatures below 70°C/158°F. It is recommended that you run the dishwasher on a light-duty or normal cycle. Do not wash humidifier parts with soiled articles/dishes.
DO NOT USE DETERGENTS. If you use your dishwasher to clean the following parts you will not need to follow the disinfecting and scaling procedure.
Please Note: Do not place parts on the lower rack of the dishwasher. Using the lower rack could cause damage to the humidifier parts and dishwasher.
THE MAIN HOUSING, DEMINERALIZATION CARTRIDGE, AND WATER HOSE ARE NOT DISHWASHER SAFE.
Placing these parts in the dishwasher will damage your humidifier and render it unable to operate properly.
CLEANING: HUT-220 Series (continued)
Scale Removal directions:
For tough stains, soak the hose in a bowl of white household vinegar for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water while flexing and crushing the soft hose to loosen any debris. Clean and wipe dry with a hand cloth.
Note: You can place the top housing in the dishwasher if you choose.
Note: For best cleaning results hose should be soaked in the base and then rinsed with clean, cool water until the smell of vinegar is gone. With your unit un-assembled, proceed to the disinfecting instructions.
CLEANING: HUT-220 Series (continued)
Disinfecting directions: Disinfect following scale removal
NOTE: USING MORE THAN 1 TB OF BLEACH PER GALLON OF WATER WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE TO YOUR HUMIDIFIER.
Note: For best cleaning results hose should be soaked in the base and then rinsed with clean, cool water until the smell of bleach is gone.
RE-ASSEMBLING: HUT-220 Series
Note: Please be careful of clothing, rugs, and other non-bleach-resistant materials when disinfecting. Spilling bleach on clothing, rugs, and certain surfaces may cause damage.
END-OF-SEASON CARE AND STORAGE
Follow the CLEANING instructions when the humidifier will not be used for at least one week or more, or at the end of the season.
At the end of the season, remove the demineralization cartridge and allow it to dry properly.
Note: If a demineralization cartridge has been used you should replace it with a new cartridge.
Dry the humidifier completely before storing it. DO NOT store water inside the main housing water reservoir or water tube.
Pack the unit in the original carton and store it in a cool, dry location. Install a new demineralization cartridge before the next use.
Mail questions or comments to:
Kaz USA, Inc.
Consumer Relations Dept.
250 Turnpike Road, Southborough, MA 01772
TO ORDER REPLACEMENT PARTS
- HUT-220-Tray Cover
- HUT-220-Mist Nozzle
- HUT-220B-Mist Nozzle
The Honeywell HUT-200 Series models are rated at 120V, 60 Hz.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN THE HUMIDIFIER TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING OR TAMPER WITH THE INTERLOCK SWITCH YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT OR PERSONAL INJURY.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (Continued)
- Water is not flowing
- Check to be sure there is water in the tank and that it is covering the pump.
- Check the hose to be sure there are no kinks. The hose should be pushed fully onto both the demineralization cartridge and pump.
- Make sure the pump is fully seated properly in the bottom of the tank.
- Turn the unit off, then back on to help clear any air in the system.
- If water still is not flowing, remove the pump, disassemble it, and make sure the pump wheel can spin freely and there is nothing blocking the pump inlet or demineralization cartridge inlet.
- Unit flows water but does not produce mist
- Make sure the control is rotated fully clockwise.
- Remove the mist nozzle and check to see if there is water inside the nebulizer chamber which is the pocket located next to the demineralization cartridge. If there is no water in the nebulizer chamber, you may need to replace your demineralization
- The pump makes a swishing sound
- The pump may have sucked in the air. Be sure there is enough water in the tank to cover the pump.
- After filling, turn the unit off for a few seconds, then turn it back on to clear the system of air.
- The pump makes a whirring sound
- The pump may not be properly seated. Be sure to push the pump fully into the tank. After seating the pump properly, turn the unit off for a few seconds, then turn it back on.
FAQS About Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier
Q: What is the Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier?
A: The Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier is a household appliance designed to increase the moisture level in the air of a room or living space. It utilizes ultrasonic technology to produce a fine mist of water, which is then dispersed into the air to improve humidity levels.
Q: How does the top-fill feature work?
A: The top-fill feature of the Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 allows for easy and convenient refilling of the water tank. Instead of having to flip the humidifier over or remove the tank to refill it, you can simply remove the top cover of the humidifier and pour water directly into the tank from the top.
Q: What is the water tank capacity of the HUT-220 humidifier?
A: The water tank capacity of the Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier varies by model, but it is typically around 1.25 gallons (approximately 4.73 liters). This capacity allows for several hours of continuous operation before needing a refill.
Q: Does the HUT-220 come with adjustable humidity settings?
A: The Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier typically offers multiple humidity settings, allowing you to adjust the output level according to your preferences and the needs of the room. This feature allows you to control the humidity level based on the ambient conditions and your comfort.
Q: How large of an area can the HUT-220 humidify?
A: The effective humidifying area of the Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier can vary depending on the model and the specific environmental conditions. In general, it is suitable for small to medium-sized rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, offices, or nurseries.
Q: Does the HUT-220 have any safety features?
A: Yes, the Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier usually includes safety features. Some common features may include an automatic shut-off function that turns off the humidifier when the water level in the tank becomes too low. Additionally, it may have built-in protections against overheating or electrical issues.
Q: How noisy is the HUT-220 during operation?
A: Ultrasonic humidifiers are generally quieter compared to traditional humidifiers that use fans. However, the actual noise level can vary from model to model. The Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 is designed to operate quietly, allowing you to use it without significant disturbance during sleep or quiet activities.
Q: Is there a warranty for the HUT-220 humidifier?
A: The warranty details may differ depending on your location and the seller, but typically, the Kaz Honeywell HUT-220 Top Fill Ultrasonic Humidifier comes with a limited warranty that covers manufacturing defects and certain issues during normal use. It’s essential to check the warranty information provided by the manufacturer or retailer before purchasing the product.
Q: How often should I clean the HUT-220 humidifier?
A: Regular maintenance and cleaning are crucial to ensure the efficient and hygienic operation of the humidifier. It is generally recommended to clean the water tank and other removable parts of the HUT-220 at least once a week. You should also follow the manufacturer’s instructions on cleaning and maintenance to prevent the buildup of mineral deposits and the growth of mold or bacteria.
For more manuals for Kaz, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Kaz-Honeywell-HUT-220-Top-Fill-Ultrasonic-Humidifer-User-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]