JBL PartyBox On-The-Go
JBL is a company that produces audio equipment in the United States, with its headquarters in Los Angeles, California. JBL caters to the consumer home and business markets. The professional market covers the markets for studios, cars, music production, DJs, installed/tour/portable sound, and movies.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For all products:
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install this apparatus in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install this apparatus near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Use only attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- To disconnect this apparatus from the AC mains completely, disconnect the power-supply cord plug from the AC receptacle.
- The mains plug of the power-supply cord shall remain readily operable.
- Do not expose batteries to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like.
- This apparatus is intended to be used only with the power supply and/or charging cable provided by the manufacturer.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT OPEN. THE LIGHTNING FLASH WITH AN ARROWHEAD SYMBOL, WITHIN AN EQUILATERAL TRIANGLE, IS INTENDED TO ALERT THE USER TO THE PRESENCE OF UNINSULATED “DANGEROUS VOLTAGE” WITHIN THE PRODUCT’S ENCLOSURE THAT MAY BE OF SUFFICIENT MAGNITUDE TO CONSTITUTE A RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK TO PERSONS. THE EXCLAMATION POINT WITHIN AN EQUILATERAL TRIANGLE IS INTENDED TO ALERT THE USER TO THE PRESENCE OF IMPORTANT OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE (SERVICING) INSTRUCTIONS IN THE LITERATURE ACCOMPANYING THE PRODUCT. WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
Congratulations on your purchase! This manual includes information about speakers. We encourage you to take a few minutes to read this manual, which describes the product and includes step-by-step instructions to help you to set up and get started. Read and understand all the safety instructions before using your product. If you have any questions about these products, their installation, or their operation, please contact your retailer or customer service, or visit us at www.jbl.com.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Main unit
- Wireless microphone (with two Alkaline AA batteries)*
- Microphone pouch
- Shoulder strap
- Power cord*
- Quick Start Guide, Safety Sheet, Warranty Card
*Power cord quantity, plug type, and microphone quantity vary by region.
Caution: Do not sit on the speaker or push it. Otherwise, it may result in malfunction and cause personal injury and /or property damage. Place the speaker on a flat, stable surface and ensure that the rubber feet side is down.
- Use the provided power cord only.
- You can use either AC power or the built-in battery as a power supply for the speaker.
- Connect AC power.
- To use the built-in battery, disconnect the AC power after charging the speaker.
- Press to power on.
- Fully charge the speaker before first-time use to prolong the lifespan of the built-in battery.
- To protect battery lifespan, fully charge at least once every
- month. Battery life will vary due to usage patterns and environmental conditions.
- You can check the battery level by pressing any button on the speaker.
- The speaker switches to standby mode automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity. You can press on the speaker to switch to normal operation.
USING YOUR PARTY BOX
- Only one sound source can be played at a time. The priority order is USB -> Bluetooth -> AUX.
- Starting a source with a higher priority will always interrupt a source with a lower priority.
- To start a source with lower priority, stop the source with higher priority first.
You can use the speaker with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet.
- Press on the speaker to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Choose “ ” on your Bluetooth device to connect.
- Once successfully connected, you can stream audio from your Bluetooth device to this speaker.
- This speaker can memorize a maximum of 8 paired devices. The ninth paired device will replace the first one.
- Enter “0000” if a PIN code is requested for connection to a Bluetooth device.
- Bluetooth performance can be affected by the distance between this product and your Bluetooth device and the environment of operation.
To terminate the Bluetooth-enabled device:
- Turn off this speaker, or
- Disable Bluetooth on your device. To reconnect the Bluetooth-enabled device:
- When you turn on this speaker next time, it tries to reconnect the last connected device automatically.
- If not, manually select “JBL PartyBox On-The-Go ” on your Bluetooth device to connect.
Plug a USB storage device that contains playable audio contents into the USB port of the speaker. Audio playback will start automatically.
Tip: The speaker plays audio files on the USB storage device from the root folder to the last level of subfolders in alphabetical sequence. Up to 8 levels of subfolders are supported.
Supported audio formats
|44.1KHz ~ 192KHz
|44.1KHz ~ 192KHz
|44.1KHz ~ 192KHz
|44.1KHz ~ 192KHz
|44.1KHz ~ 192KHz
|32KHz ~ 48KHz
|32Kbps ~ 320Kbps
|16KHz ~ 24KHz
|8Kbps ~ 160Kbps
|8Kbps ~ 160Kbps
|8Kbps ~ 48Kbps
- Connect an external audio device to the speaker through a 3.5 mm audio cable (not supplied).
- Start audio playback on the external device.
Press once to pause or resume playback.
- Press twice to skip to the next track.
- Press three times to skip to the previous track.
- Press +/- to increase or decrease the main volume.
- Hold the + and – buttons simultaneously to mute or unmute sound output.
Note: The skip operation is unavailable in AUX mode. 6.5 Mixing Sound with a Microphone and/or Guitar By using a microphone or electric guitar (not supplied), you can mix sound with an audio source.
- Always set the guitar or microphone volume to the minimum level before the guitar or microphone connection/disconnection.
- Always disconnect the guitar or microphone when you are not using them.
Connecting a Microphone
To connect the supplied wireless microphone By default, the wireless microphone comes pre-paired with the speaker at the factory.
- Load the two Alkaline AA batteries with the correct polarity.
- Turn on the speaker and supplied a wireless microphone successively. A wireless connection will be set up automatically.
- The microphone powers off automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- A maximum of two wireless microphones are supported. Contact your dealer for how to purchase more.
To connect a wired microphone (not supplied)
To connect a new wireless microphone
- Turn off the speaker.
- Turn on the new wireless microphone and place it on the top
of the speaker.
- Turn on the speaker. The microphone will pair and connect with the speaker automatically within 3 minutes. To replace wireless microphone batteries
- Do not mix batteries (old and new or carbon and alkaline, etc.).
- Remove batteries if they are exhausted or if the microphone is not to be used for a long time.
- Batteries contain chemical substances, they should be disposed of properly.
- Check the battery level.
- If the battery level is low, replace the old batteries with new ones.
Mixing Sound Sing through the microphone or play guitar.
- To adjust the volume of the audio source, press.
- To adjust the volume of the microphone or guitar, rotate the volume knob.
- To adjust the gain of the wired microphone or guitar, rotate the control beside the socket respectively.
- To adjust the echo, treble, and bass level of the microphone (either wireless or wired), rotate the, and knob respectively.
Charging Your Mobile Device
Connecting a Guitar
CARRYING YOUR PARTY BOX
- Before carrying the speaker, ensure that all the cords are disconnected.
- To avoid personal injury and/or property damage, hold the product firmly while carrying it, and while it is not being used, remove the strap.
- Use the supplied shoulder strap to carry the speaker on the go.
Press to select your preferred light effect: rock, neon, club, or off.
TWS Mode You can connect two PARTYBOX speakers to each other via TWS mode.
Hold on to both speakers simultaneously for more than 5 seconds.
To exit TWS mode: Power off or hold on either speaker for more than 5 seconds.
- It may be necessary to forget the PARTYBOX on the source device in order to reconnect to Bluetooth.
- By default, the speaker connected to your Bluetooth device acts as the primary speaker (left channel), while the other one acts as the secondary speaker (right channel).
To restore the factory settings, hold for more than 10 seconds.
- Always keep the charging port dry before connecting the AC power.
- To ensure splash resistance, always keep the protective covers closed securely. The speaker is IPX4 splash resistant.
|AC power input:
|100 – 240 V ~ 50/60 Hz
|Total output power:
|100 W RMS (AC powered) 50 W RMS (battery powered)
|Standby power consumption:
|< 2 W with Bluetooth connection;
< 0.5 W without Bluetooth connection
|5 V 2.1 A
|1 x 5.25 in (133 mm) woofers +
2 x 1.75 in (44 mm) tweeters
|Signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio:
|> 80 dBA
|50 Hz – 20 kHz
|Battery charge time:
|< 3.5 hrs
|Battery play time:
|> 6 hrs
|A2DP v1.3, AVRCP v1.6
|Bluetooth transmitter frequency range:
2.4 – 2.48 GHz
|Bluetooth maximum transmitter power:
10 dBm (EIRP)
|Bluetooth transmitter modulation:
GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
|Approx. 10 m (33 ft)
|FAT 16, FAT 32
|USB file format:
|.mp3, .wma, .wav
|Bluetooth / USB -9 dBFS
|AUX in: 370 mV rms Microphone: 20 mV
Guitar: 100 mV
|Product Dimension (W x H x D):
|490 x 245 x 228 mm /
19.3 x 9.6 x 9.0 in
|7.5 kg / 16.5 lbs
Caution: Never try to repair the product by yourself. If you have any problems while using this product, check the following points before you request service.
System The speaker will not turn on. Ensure that the speaker battery is not drained. If not, use the AC power instead.
Sound No sound from the speaker.
- Ensure that the speaker is powered on.
- Adjust the volume.
- Ensure that a sound source is active and not muted.
Bluetooth A device cannot connect with the speaker.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth function of the device is enabled.
- The speaker is already connected to another Bluetooth device. Hold on to the speaker for more than 20 seconds to disconnect it and pair it with a new device. Poor audio quality from a connected Bluetooth device
- The Bluetooth reception is poor. Move the device closer to the speaker, or remove any obstacle between the device and the speaker.
Wireless microphone No response from the microphone.
- Power on the microphone.
- Replace batteries if the battery level is low.
- Pair the microphone with the speaker manually (see 6.5.1 Connecting a Microphone).
The product is in compliance with the European Union energy legislation.
Bluetooth connection mode The product is intended to be used for streaming music via Bluetooth connection. A consumer can stream Bluetooth audio to the speaker. When the product is connected through Bluetooth, the Bluetooth connection must remain active at all times to ensure proper operation. The product will enter sleep mode (networked standby) after 20 minutes without operation. The power consumption in sleep mode is less than 2.0 Watts, after which it can be re-activated via Bluetooth connection.
Bluetooth disconnection mode The product will enter standby mode after 20 minutes without operation. The power consumption in standby mode is less than 0.5 Watts.
FAQs about JBL PartyBox On-The-Go
What is JBL PartyBox On-The-Go?
JBL PartyBox On-The-Go is a portable Bluetooth speaker that comes with a built-in light show and is designed to provide high-quality audio for your party or gathering.
How does JBL PartyBox On-The-Go work?
JBL PartyBox On-The-Go connects to your device via Bluetooth and can also be connected to other PartyBox speakers for a larger sound experience. It also features a built-in rechargeable battery, allowing you to take it on the go.
What are the dimensions of JBL PartyBox On-The-Go?
JBL PartyBox On-The-Go measures 489 x 244 x 224 mm (19.3 x 9.6 x 8.8 in) and weighs 7.5 kg (16.53 lbs).
What is the battery life of JBL PartyBox On-The-Go?
JBL PartyBox On-The-Go has a battery life of up to 6 hours on a single charge, depending on usage.
Does JBL PartyBox On-The-Go come with a warranty?
Yes, JBL PartyBox On-The-Go comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
What is the power output of JBL PartyBox On-The-Go?
JBL PartyBox On-The-Go has a power output of 100 watts RMS and a peak power output of 120 watts.
Can JBL PartyBox On-The-Go be used outdoors?
Yes, JBL PartyBox On-The-Go is designed for both indoor and outdoor use and features a durable, splash-proof design.
What is included in the box when you purchase JBL PartyBox On-The-Go?
When you purchase JBL PartyBox On-The-Go, you will receive the speaker, a power cable, and a quick start guide.
For more manuals by JBL, visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/JBL-PartyBox-On-The-Go.pdf” download=”all”]