JBL Partybox 110
JBL is a company that produces audio equipment in the United States, with its headquarters in Los Angeles, California. JBL caters to the consumer home and business markets. The professional market covers the markets for studios, cars, music production, DJs, installed/tour/portable sound, and movies.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For all products:
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install this apparatus in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install this apparatus near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or
the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Use only attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- . Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as when the power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, or the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally or has been dropped.
- To disconnect this apparatus from the AC mains completely, disconnect the power- supply cord plug from the AC receptacle.
- The mains plug of the power-supply cord shall remain readily operable.
- This apparatus is intended to be used only with the power supply and/or charging cable provided by the manufacturer.
The following instructions may not apply to waterproof devices. Refer to your device user manual or quick start guide for more waterproof instruction if any.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing, and ensure that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, are placed on the apparatus.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
CAUTION FCC AND IC STATEMENT FOR USERS (USA AND CANADA ONLY)
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC SDOC SUPPLIER’S DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
HARMAN International hereby declares that this equipment is in compliance with the FCC Part 15 Subpart B. The declaration of conformity may be consulted in the support section of our Web site, accessible from www.jbl.com
Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by HARMAN could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
For Products That Transmit RF Energy
(i) FCC AND IC INFORMATION FOR USERS
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference; and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
(ii) FCC/IC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC and ISED radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. In case this equipment has to be subject to FCC/IC SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) exposure test, this equipment is designed to meet the requirements for exposure to radio waves established by the FCC and ISED. These requirements set a SAR limit of 1.6 W/kg averaged over one gram of tissue.
The highest SAR value reported under this standard during product certification for use when properly worn on the body or on the head, with no separation. To meet RF exposure guidelines and reduce exposure to RF energy during the operation, this equipment should be positioned at least this distance away from the body or the head.
For radio equipment operates in 5150-5850MHz
FCC and IC Caution:
High-power radars are allocated as primary users of the 5.25 to 5.35 GHz and 5.65 to 5.85 GHz bands. These radar stations can cause interference with and/or damage to LE LAN (Licence-Exempt Local Area Network) devices. No configuration controls are provided for this wireless equipment allowing any change in the frequency of operations outside the FCC grant of authorization for US operation according to Part 15.407 of the FCC rules.
User should also be advised that:
- The device for operation in the band 5150 – 5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems; (ii) the maximum antenna gain permitted for devices in the bands 5250 – 5350 MHz and 5470 – 5725 MHz shall comply with the e.i.r.p. limit: and
- The maximum antenna gain permitted for devices in the band 5725 – 5825 MHz shall comply with the e.i.r.p. limits specified for point-to-point and non-point-to-point operation as appropriate.
Use Restriction Attention in European Union, the operation is limited to indoor use within the band 5150-5350 MHz.
Correct disposal of this product (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment)
This product is RoHS compliant.
This product is in compliance with Directive 2011/65/EU, and its amendments, on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
REACH (Regulation No 1907/2006) addresses the production and use of chemical substances and their potential impacts on human health and the environment. Article 33(1) of the REACH Regulation requires suppliers to inform the recipients if an article contains more than 0.1 % (per weight per article) of any substance(s) on the Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Candidate List (‘REACH candidate list’).
This product contains the substance “lead”(CAS-No. 7439-92-1) in a concentration of more than 0.1% per weight. At the time of the release of this product, except for the lead substance, no other substances of the REACH candidate list are contained in a concentration of more than 0.1% per weight in this product.
Note: On June 27, 2018, the lead was added to the REACH candidate list. The inclusion of lead in the REACH candidate list does not mean that lead-containing materials pose an immediate risk or result in a restriction of the permissibility of its use. For devices with headphone jacks
Do NOT use the headphones at a high volume for any extended period.
- To avoid hearing damage, use your headphones at a comfortable, moderate volume level.
- Turn the volume down on your device before placing the headphones on your ears, then turn the volume up gradually until you reach a comfortable listening level.
For Products That Include Batteries
Instructions for Users on Removal, Recycling, and Disposal of Used Batteries
To remove the batteries from your equipment or remote control, reverse the procedure described in the owner’s manual for inserting batteries. For products with a built-in battery that lasts for the lifetime of the product, removal may not be possible for the user. In this case, recycling or recovery centers handle the dismantling of the product and the removal of the battery. If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to replace such a battery, this procedure must be performed by authorized service centers.
In the European Union and other locations, it is illegal to dispose of any battery with household trash. All batteries must be disposed of in an environmentally sound manner. Contact your local waste-management officials for information regarding the environmentally sound collection, recycling, and disposal of used batteries.
The danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced. To reduce the risk of fire, explosion, or leakage of flammable liquid/gas, don’t disassemble, crush, puncture, short external contacts, expose to temperatures above 60°C (140°F), sunshine like, expose to extremely low air pressure or dispose of in fire or water.
Replace only with specified batteries. The symbol indicating ‘separate collection’ for all batteries and accumulators shall be the crossed-out wheeled bin shown below:
WARNING – For Products Contain Coin/Button
- Cell Batteries
DO NOT INGEST BATTERIES, CHEMICAL BURN HAZARD. This product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
- For All Products with Wireless Operation:
HARMAN International hereby declares that this equipment is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU and UK Radio Equipment Regulations 2017. The declaration of conformity may be consulted in the support section of our Web site, accessible from www.jbl.com.
A few people may experience epileptic seizures when viewing flashing lights.
Stand Mounting Safety Precautions
Always follow instructions and precautionary advice from the speaker stand manufacturer. This speaker contains a 36 mm receptacle cup to allow mounting on tripod stands or on a pole over subwoofers. When using stands or poles, be sure to observe the following precautions:
- Check the stand or pole specification to be certain the device is designed to support the weight of the speaker. Observe all safety precautions specified by the manufacturer.
- Always verify that the stand (or subwoofer/pole) is placed on a flat, level, and stable surface, and be sure to fully extend the legs of tripod-type stands. Position the stand so that the legs do not present a trip hazard.
- Use this floor stand only on a flat, solid surface. Once the support (extended leg) has been placed and adjusted, carefully tighten the screws and use the safety pin. After placing the speaker on the stand, check for stability: When tilting each direction to 10 degrees (for the surface), the speaker should not turn off. If necessary, reduce the height of the speakers and extend the base of the stand.
- Route cables so that performers, the production crew, and the audience will not trip and topple the speakers over.
- Inspect the stand (or pole and associated hardware) before each use and do not use equipment with worn damaged or missing parts.
- Do not attempt to place more than one PartyBox series speaker on a stand or pole.
- Always be cautious in windy, outdoor conditions. It may be necessary to place an additional weight (i.e. sandbags) on the base of the stand to improve stability. Avoid attaching banners or similar items to any part of a speaker system. Such attachments could act as a sail and topple the system.
- Unless you are confident that you can handle the weight of the speaker, ask another person to help you get it onto the tripod stand or pole.
Congratulations on your purchase! This manual includes information about PARTYBOX 110 speakers. We encourage you to take a few minutes to read this manual, which describes the product and includes step-by-step instructions to help you to set up and get started. Read and understand all the safety instructions before using your product. If you have any questions about these products, their installation, or their operation, please contact your retailer or customer service, or visit us at www.jbl.com.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- Main unit
- Power cord*
- Quick Start Guide, Safety Sheet, Warranty Card
*Power cord quantity and plug type vary by region.
- Mobile device dock
- POWER BUTTON
- Turn the power on or off.
- Battery level indicator
- PLAY BUTTON
- Press to play, pause or resume.
- Rotate clockwise / counterclockwise to increase /
decrease the main volume.
- BASS BOOST
- Enhances the bass level: level 1, level 2, or off.
- LED ring
- Press to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Press and hold for more than 10 seconds to forget all
- TURN LIGHTS ON/OFF
- Rotate clockwise / counterclockwise to switch between different light patterns.
- Press to turn light effect on or off.
- Hold for more than 2 seconds to turn the strobe light on or off.
Do not look directly at the light-emitting parts when the speaker lights are turned on.
Press to enter True Wireless Stereo (TWS) pairing mode.
- Guitar volume
Adjust the volume of the connected guitar.
- GAIN (guitar)
Adjust the gain of the connected guitar.
- Guitar socket
Connect to a guitar.
- AUX OUT
Daisy-chain PARTYBOX speakers through 3.5 mm audio cables (not supplied).
- AUX IN
- Connect to an external audio device through a 3.5 mm audio cable (not supplied).
- Daisy-chain PARTYBOX speakers through 3.5 mm audio cables (not supplied).
- Microphone socket
Connect to a microphone.
- GAIN (microphone)
Adjust the gain of the connected microphone.
- Microphone volume
Adjust the volume of the connected microphone.
- Connect to a USB storage device.
- Charge your mobile device.
Connect to AC power supply.
- Pole-mounting your PARTY BOX
Do not sit or lean on the speaker or push it sideways to avoid tipping over and possible damage. Place the speaker on a flat, stable surface and ensure that the rubber feet side is down.
- Use the provided power cords only.
- You can use either AC power or the built-in battery as a power supply for the speaker.
- Connect AC power.
To use the built-in battery, disconnect AC power after charging the speaker.
- Press to power on.
- Fully charge the speaker before first-time use to prolong the lifespan of the built-in battery.
- You can check the battery level by pressing any button on the speaker.
- The speaker switches to standby mode automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity. You ca n press on the speaker to switch to normal operation.
USING YOUR PARTY BOX
- Only one sound source can be played at a time. The priority order is USB -> BLUETOOTH -> AUX.
- Starting a source with a higher priority will always interrupt a source with a lower priority.
- To start a source with lower priority, stop the source with higher priority first.
You can use the speaker with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet.
- Press Bluetooth on the speaker to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Choose “JBL PartyBox 110” on your Bluetooth device to connect.
- Once successfully connected, you can stream audio from your Bluetooth device to this speaker.
- This speaker can memorize a maximum of 8 paired devices. The ninth paired device will replace the first one.
- Enter “0000” if a PIN code is requested for connection to a Bluetooth device.
- Bluetooth performance can be affected by the distance between this product and your Bluetooth device and the environment of operation.
To terminate the Bluetooth-enabled device:
- Turn off this speaker, or
- Disable Bluetooth on your device.
To reconnect the Bluetooth-enabled device:
- When you turn on this speaker next time, it tries to reconnect the last connected device automatically.
- If not, manually select “JBL PartyBox 110” on your Bluetooth device to connect.
Plug a USB storage device that contains playable audio contents into the USB port of the speaker.
- The speaker switches to the USB source automatically.
- Audio playback will start automatically.
The speaker plays audio files on the USB storage device from the root folder to the last level of subfolders in alphabetical sequence. Up to 8 levels of subfolders are supported.
Supported audio formats
|8 / 11.025 /
12 / 16 /
22.05 / 24 /
32 / 44.1 /
384 / 529.2 / 576 /
768 / 1058.4 / 1152 /
1536 / 2116.8 / 2304
32 / 44.1 /
|32 / 40 / 48 / 56 / 64 /
80 / 96 / 112 / 128 /
160 / 192 / 224 / 256 /
|16 / 22.05 /
|8 / 16 / 24 / 32 / 40 /
48 / 56 / 64 / 80 / 96 /
112 / 128 / 144 / 160
|8 / 11.025 /
|8 / 16 / 24 / 32 / 40 / 48 /
56 / 64 / 80 / 96 / 112 /
128 / 144 / 160
8 / 11.025 /
16 / 22.05 /
32 / 44.1 / 48
|5 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 16 /
20 / 22 / 32 / 36 / 40 /
44 / 48 / 64 / 80 / 96 /
128 / 160 / 192 / 256 /
- Press the PLAY BUTTON once to pause or resume playback.
- Press the PLAY BUTTON twice to skip to the next track.
- Press the PLAY BUTTON three times to skip to the previous track.
- Rotate the PLAY BUTTON knob clockwise / counterclockwise to increase/decrease the main volume.
- Press BASS BOOST to enhance the bass level: level 1, level 2, or off.
The skip operation is unavailable in AUX mode.
- Connect an external audio device to the speaker through a 3.5 mm audio cable (not supplied).
- After stopping playback from any other source, start audio playback on the external device.
Mixing Sound with a Microphone and/or Guitar
By using a microphone or electric guitar (not supplied), you can mix sound with an audio source.
- Always set the guitar or microphone volume to the minimum level before the guitar or microphone connection/disconnection.
- Always disconnect the guitar or microphone when you are not using them.
Connecting a Microphone
Connect a microphone to the microphone socket.
Connecting a Guitar
Connect a guitar to the guitar socket.
Sing through the microphone or play guitar.
- To adjust the volume of the audio source, rotate the knob clockwise / counterclockwise.
- To adjust the volume of the microphone or guitar, rotate the microphone or guitar volume knob.
- To adjust the gain of the wired microphone or guitar, rotate the GAIN control beside the microphone or guitar socket respectively.
Charging Your Mobile Device
The USB port is for charging purposes only.
CARRYING YOUR PARTY BOX
- Before carrying the speaker, ensure that all the cords are disconnected.
- To avoid personal injury and/or property damage, hold the product firmly while carrying it.
Hold the handles firmly to carry the speaker.
POLE-MOUNTING YOUR PARTY BOX
- Installation must be done by qualified persons using safe rigging standards.
- The installer is responsible for the proper selection and use of mounting hardware, to properly and safely pole-mount the speakers.
JBL PARTYBOX App
Download and install the JBL PARTYBOX App to get more from the product.
- Press to turn the light effect on or off.
- Hold for more than 2 seconds to turn the strobe light on or off.
- Rotate the knob to select your preferred light effect: rock, flow, cross, ripple, or flash.
You can connect two PARTYBOX speakers to each other via TWS mode.
Press TWS on both speakers.
To exit TWS mode:
Power off or press TWS on either speaker.
By default, the speaker connected to your Bluetooth device acts as the primary speaker (left channel), while the other one acts as the secondary speaker (right channel).
To restore the factory settings, hold
- Always keep the charging port dry before connecting AC power.
- To ensure splash resistance, always keep the protective covers closed securely.
The speaker is IPX4 splash resistant.
|Model No.:||JBL PartyBox 110|
|Transducers:||2 x 154.6 mm / 5.25” woofer,
2 x 55 mm / 2.25” tweeter
|Output power:||160 W RMS|
|Power input:||100 V – 240 V / 50/60 Hz|
|Frequency response:||45 Hz – 20 kHz (-6 dB)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio:||> 80 dB|
|Battery type:||Li-ion polymer 36 Wh|
|Battery charge time:||3.5 hours|
|*Music play time:||Up to 12 hours|
|USB format:||FAT16, FAT32|
|USB file format:||.mp3, .wma, .wav|
|USB charge out:||5 V / 2.1 A (maximum)|
|Cable type:||AC Power Cable|
|Cable length:||2000 mm / 78.7”|
|Bluetooth® profile:||A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6|
|Bluetooth® transmitter frequency range:||
2.4 GHz – 2.4835 GHz
|Bluetooth® transmitter power:||
≤ 15 dBm (EIRP)
|Bluetooth® transmitter modulation:||
GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||295 mm x 568 mm x 300 mm /
11.6” x 22.4” x 11. 8”
|Weight:||10.84 kg / 23 lbs|
* 12 hrs battery playtime is only a reference and may vary depending on music content and battery aging after numerous charging and discharging cycles. It’s achievable with a predefined music source, the light show switched off, the volume level at 7, and a Bluetooth streaming source.
Never try to repair the product by yourself. If you have any problems while using this product, check the following points before you request service.
The speaker will not turn on.
- Ensure that the speaker battery is not drained. If not, use the AC power instead.
No response from some buttons
- The product may be in demo mode. In demo mode, the buttons are disabled. Hold and simultaneously for more than 5 seconds to exit.
No sound from the speaker.
- Ensure that the speaker is powered on.
- Adjust volume.
- Ensure that a sound source is active and not muted.
A device cannot connect with the speaker.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth function of the device is enabled.
- The speaker is already connected to another Bluetooth device. Hold on to the speaker for more than 10 seconds to disconnect it and pair it with a new device.
Poor audio quality from a connected Bluetooth device
- The Bluetooth reception is poor. Move the device closer to the speaker, or remove any obstacle between the device and the speaker.
The product is in compliance with the European Union energy legislation.
Bluetooth connection mode
The product is intended to be used for streaming music via Bluetooth connection. A consumer can stream Bluetooth audio to the speaker. When the product is connected through Bluetooth, the Bluetooth connection must remain active at all times to ensure proper operation.
The product will enter sleep mode (networked standby) after 20 minutes without operation. The power consumption in sleep mode is less than 2.0 Watts, after which it can be re-activated via Bluetooth connection.
Bluetooth disconnection mode
The product will enter standby mode after 20 minutes without operation. The power consumption in standby mode is less than 0.5 Watts.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners. HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated 8500 Balboa Boulevard, Northridge, CA 91329 USA www.jbl.com
© 2022 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. JBL is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications, and appearance are subject to change without notice.
FAQs About JBL Partybox 110
Q: What is the JBL Partybox 110?
A: The JBL Partybox 110 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that is designed for parties and events. It has a built-in rechargeable battery, powerful sound, and a variety of features that make it ideal for entertaining.
Q: What are the dimensions of the JBL Partybox 110?
A: The dimensions of the JBL Partybox 110 are 280mm x 290mm x 548mm (W x D x H), and it weighs 11.3kg.
Q: What is the battery life of the JBL Partybox 110?
A: The JBL Partybox 110 has a rechargeable battery that can provide up to 12 hours of playback time, depending on usage and volume.
Q: What is the maximum sound output of the JBL Partybox 110?
A: The JBL Partybox 110 can produce up to 160 watts of power, which is plenty of volume for most party settings.
Q: What devices can connect to the JBL Partybox 110?
A: The JBL Partybox 110 can connect to any device that has Bluetooth connectivity, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Q: Can I connect multiple JBL Partybox 110 speakers together?
A: Yes, the JBL Partybox 110 supports wireless connectivity with other Partybox speakers, allowing you to connect multiple units together for even more sound.
Q: Does the JBL Partybox 110 have any built-in lighting effects?
A: Yes, the JBL Partybox 110 features built-in LED lighting effects that synchronize with the music to create a party atmosphere.
Q: Can I use the JBL Partybox 110 as a karaoke machine?
A: Yes, the JBL Partybox 110 features a microphone input and volume control, allowing you to use it as a karaoke machine.
Q: Is the JBL Partybox 110 waterproof?
A: No, the JBL Partybox 110 is not waterproof, so it should not be exposed to water or moisture.
For more manuals by JBL, visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/JBL-Partybox-110-user-manual.pdf” download=”all”]