Invacare Mobility Aid 65650R
The American company Invacare Corporation produces and sells non-acute medical supplies such as wheelchairs, mobility scooters, walkers, pressure care and positioning equipment, as well as respiratory items.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Check ALL parts for shipping damage. If shipping damage is noted, DO NOT use it. Contact carrier/dealer for further instructions.
- DO NOT use this product or any available optional equipment without first completely reading and understanding these instructions and any additional instructional material such as owner’s manuals, service manuals, or instruction sheets supplied with this product or optional equipment. If you are unable to understand the warnings, cautions, or instructions, contact a healthcare professional, dealer, or technical personnel before attempting to use this equipment – otherwise, injury or damage may occur.
- Each individual should ALWAYS consult with their physician or therapist to determine proper adjustment and usage.
- DO NOT use the rollator as a wheelchair or transport device. Rollators are not intended to be propelled while seated.
- The brakes MUST be in the locked position before using the seat.
- A physical/occupational therapist should assist in the height adjustment of the rollator for maximum support and correct brake activation.
- Care should be taken to ensure that all hand and height adjustments are secure and that casters and moving objects are in good working order before using this or any mobility aid.
- All wheels MUST be in contact with the floor at all times during use. This will ensure the rollator is properly balanced.
- When using the rollator in a stationary position, the hand brakes MUST be locked.
- ALWAYS observe the weight limit on the labeling of your product. Check that all labels are present and legible. Replace if necessary.
- The rollator basket has a weight limitation of 11 lbs (5 kg). The pouch has a weight limitation of 10 lbs (5 kg). Items placed in either the basket or the pouch should NOT protrude from the basket or pouch.
- If push handles are exposed to extreme temperature (above 100°F or below 32°F), high humidity, and/or become wet, prior to use, ensure hand grips DO NOT twist on the rollator handle – otherwise damage or injury may occur.
- After installation and before use, ensure that all attaching hardware is tightened securely.
- DO NOT attempt to reach objects if you have to move forward in the seat. Reaching for these objects will cause a change to the weight distribution of the rollator and may cause the rollator to tip, resulting in injury or damage.
- DO NOT hang anything from the frame of the rollator. Items should be placed in the basket or the pouch.
- The backrest should ALWAYS be in place and is NOT designed to support the total body weight of the user.
- Before attempting to reach objects or pick them up from the floor by reaching down between your knees, place your feet securely on the floor. Use EXTREME caution when reaching for any object.
Invacare products are specifically designed and manufactured for use in conjunction with Invacare accessories. Accessories designed by other manufacturers have not been tested by Invacare and are not recommended for use with Invacare products.
Patient Height Specifications
NOTE: For models not listed, please check the labeling on the product.
|MODEL||PATIENT HEIGHT MIN. / MAX|
|65851R & 65851B||5’6″ – 6’3″|
|65650 & 65650R||5’5″ – 6’2″|
|65350GR||5’1″ – 5’6″|
|66550||5’8” – 6’5”|
Care and Maintenance
- Verify the operation of the brakes and have them adjusted if necessary. Contact your Invacare dealer for brake adjustment.
- If the hand grip is loose, DO NOT use it. Contact your Invacare dealer.
- Inspect wheels periodically for wear or damage.
- Replace any broken, damaged, or worn items immediately.
- For the best service from your rollator, always use replacement parts from Invacare.
- Periodically inspect the casters and caster stems for assembly tightness and verify that the wheels are free of hair, lint, and other debris that could interfere with free-wheel operation.
Attaching the Basket and Pouch
NOTE: Not all rollator models offer each accessory described in this paragraph.
NOTE: For this procedure, refer to FIGURE 1.
Attach the pouch (not shown) to the seat support tube with snaps.
Install the basket onto the front seat support tube so the hooks rest on the front tube or underneath the seat.
Using the Rollator Opening the Rollator
- Either pull the two push handles apart or push down on the rear wheel tube on a three‐wheeled rollator.
NOTE: Before first use, remove the plastic crossbar between the two rear wheels.
- On some models, push the locking mechanism into place.
NOTE: Ensure the locking mechanism is fully engaged.
Folding the Rollator
- If necessary, remove the accessories and lift the seat.
- Lift up the locking mechanism on the crossbar if needed.
- Either push the two push handles together or lift up the rear wheel tube on a three‐wheeled rollator.
Using the Hand Brake
- Pull the top portion of the brake handles up towards the push handles.
- Perform one of the following:
- To Remain Stationary ‐ Hold the brake handle up.
- To Continue Mobility ‐ Release the brake.
- To lock, push down on the bottom portion of the brake handle.
- To unlock, pull up on the top portion of the brake handle.
Adjusting the Height of the Rollator
NOTE: After adjusting the height, the rollator’s brakes must be checked and, if necessary, adjusted.
- Either loosen the tube tightening levers or remove the adjustment knob by turning counterclockwise.
- Position the push handle so that when the user’s arm is down to their side the hand grip is at wrist height.
- Either tighten the tube-tightening lever or install the adjustment knob into one of the six adjustment holes by turning clockwise.
- Repeat STEPS 1‐3 for the other side.
THE WARRANTY BELOW HAS BEEN DRAFTED TO COMPLY WITH FEDERAL LAW APPLICABLE TO PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED AFTER JULY 4, 1975.
This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser/user of our products. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.
Invacare warrants the brakes to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for five years, and all other components for one year for the original purchaser (excluding tires and wheels). If within the such warranty period, any such product shall be proven to be defective, such product shall be repaired or replaced, at Invacare’s option.
This warranty does not include any labor or shipping charges incurred in replacement part installation or repair of any such product. Invacare’s sole obligation and your exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited to such repair and/or replacement.
For warranty service, please contact the dealer from whom you purchased your Invacare product. In the event you do not receive satisfactory warranty service, please write directly to Invacare at the address on the back page. Provide the dealer’s name, address, model number, and date of purchase, indicate the nature of the defect and, if the product is serialized, indicate the serial number.
Invacare Corporation will issue a return authorization. The defective unit or parts must be returned for warranty inspection using the serial number, when applicable, as identification within thirty (30) days of the return authorization date. DO NOT return products to our factory without our prior consent. C.O.D. shipments will be refused; please prepay shipping charges.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
THE WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO PROBLEMS ARISING FROM NORMAL WEAR OR FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS. IN ADDITION, THE FOREGOING WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO SERIAL NUMBERED PRODUCTS IF THE SERIAL NUMBER HAS BEEN REMOVED OR DEFACED; PRODUCTS SUBJECTED TO NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, IMPROPER OPERATION, MAINTENANCE, OR STORAGE; OR PRODUCTS MODIFIED WITHOUT INVACARE’S EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
MODIFICATION THROUGH THE USE OF UNAUTHORIZED PARTS OR ATTACHMENTS: PRODUCTS DAMAGED BY REASON OF REPAIRS MADE TO ANY COMPONENT WITHOUT THE SPECIFIC CONSENT OF INVACARE; PRODUCTS DAMAGED BY CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND INVACARE’S CONTROL; PRODUCTS REPAIRED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AN INVACARE DEALER, SUCH EVALUATION SHALL BE SOLELY DETERMINED BY INVACARE.
THE FOREGOING EXPRESS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THE SOLE REMEDY FOR VIOLATIONS OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT PURSUANT TO THE TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN.
THE APPLICATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY WHATSOEVER SHALL NOT EXTEND BEYOND THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN. INVACARE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE EXTENDED TO COMPLY WITH STATE/PROVINCIAL LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS.
© 2010 Invacare Corporation. All rights reserved. Republication, duplication or modification in whole or in part is prohibited without prior written permission from Invacare. Trademarks are identified by ™ and ®. All trademarks are owned by or licensed to Invacare Corporation or its subsidiaries unless otherwise noted.
One Invacare Way Elyria, Ohio USA 44036-2125, 800-333-6900 www.invacare.com
570 Matheson Blvd E Unit 8 Mississauga Ontario L4Z 4G4 Canada 800-668-5324.
FAQs Invacare Mobility Aid 65650R User Guide
What is Mobility Aid 65650R?
Mobility Aid 65650R is a rollator, which is a type of walker with wheels that can be used indoors and outdoors. It provides support for people with mobility issues and allows them to move around more easily.
What are the dimensions of the Mobility Aid 65650R?
The Mobility Aid 65650R measures 26.5 inches in width, 27.5 inches in depth, and can be adjusted in height from 31.5 inches to 38.5 inches.
What is the weight capacity of the Mobility Aid 65650R?
The Mobility Aid 65650R has a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Does the Mobility Aid 65650R fold for storage and transport?
Yes, the Mobility Aid 65650R folds for easy storage and transport.
What type of brakes does the Mobility Aid 65650R have?
The Mobility Aid 65650R has loop-lock brakes that can be easily engaged or released by pulling the brake lever up or down.
Is the Mobility Aid 65650R easy to assemble?
Yes, the Mobility Aid 65650R is easy to assemble and comes with clear instructions.
Are there any accessories available for the Mobility Aid 65650R?
Yes, there are several accessories available for the Mobility Aid 65650R, such as a cup holder, a cane holder, and a carrying bag.
Is the Mobility Aid 65650R covered by a warranty?
Yes, the Mobility Aid 65650R is covered by a limited lifetime warranty on the frame and a 5-year warranty on the brakes and other components.
Pdf – Invacare Mobility Aid 65650R User Guide
For More Posts visit: ManualsDock