Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker
About Hamilton Beach
The American company Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Corporation is a designer, marketer, and distributor of home appliances as well as commercial restaurant equipment. These products are largely sold in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Use pot holders when removing hot containers.
- To protect against a risk of electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or base in water or other liquid.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use. Unplug and allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including the stove.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or an electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil, food, water, or other hot liquids.
- To disconnect, turn off (POWER BUTTON); then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not use appliances for other than intended use.
- Lift and open cover carefully to avoid scalding, and allow water to drip into the cooker.
- CAUTION: Risk of electric shock. Cook only in a removable container.
- Do not place the unit directly under cabinets when operating as this product produces large amounts of steam. Avoid reaching over the product when operating.
- WARNING: Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliances and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of counter, never use the outlet below the counter, and never use with an extension cord.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only.
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard:
This appliance is provided with a polarized plug (one wide blade) to reduce the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet. A short power-supply cord is used to reduce the risk resulting from it being grabbed by children, becoming entangled in, or tripping over a longer cord. To avoid an electrical circuit overload, do not use another high-wattage appliance on the same circuit with this appliance.
To order parts:
US: 1.800.851.8900 www.hamiltonbeach.com Canada: 1.800.267.2826 Mexico: 01 800 71 16 100
Parts and Features
- Steamer/Rinsing Basket
- Cooking Pot
- Removable Lid Liner
- Condensation Collector
- Control Panel
- Rice Paddle
- Rice Measuring Cup 6-ounce (177mL)
How to Use the Multi-Cooker
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard:
Cook only in the removable cooking pot. Never place water or food directly into the base.
WARNING Burn Hazard:
Never use lid handle to carry the cooker when the contents are hot. Steam from steam vent can cause injury.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Wash cooking pot following “Care and Cleaning” instructions; dry thoroughly. Assemble lid with flat side of silicone washer facing down toward cooking pot.
- Rice Measuring Cup – Do not throw away the rice measuring cup that comes with your unit. This is an important tool in using your Multi-Cooker successfully as a rice cooker and its size is standard in the rice industry. One rice measuring cup equals 6 oz. (177 mL) or approximately 3/4 cup (U.S. standard measuring cup).
- Steamer/Rinsing Basket – To use as a rice rinsing basket, add the desired amount of measured uncooked rice to the steamer basket. Do not fill the above side vents to prevent rice from falling through while rinsing. Place the basket under a slow-flowing faucet and rinse. Add drained rice to the cooking pot. Repeat rinsing with any remaining rice.
If using Multi-Cooker to cook rice, cereal, or grain:
- Add the desired amount of uncooked rice to the cooking pot; then fill with water to the corresponding water line. Example: If you add 4 level measuring cups of rice to the cooking pot, add water to the “4” line of the pot. DO NOT exceed 10-cup MAX.
- Place the cooking pot straight down on base. Make sure the cooking pot is securely placed into base.
NOTE: Make sure the bottom of the cooking pot is not bent or warped, or it will not conduct heat correctly.
- Plug into outlet. Press to turn on Multi-Cooker.
- All function buttons will flash. Press desired function button. Selected function and time will flash. Multi- Cooker will start to heat automatically after 5 seconds.
- At the end of the cooking time, the Multi-Cooker will automatically switch to WARM. The multi-Cooker will keep warm up to 12 hours, then sound an alarm and switch to standby mode.
Five functions have preprogrammed cycles with a default cooking time that cannot be adjusted. Actual cooking time depends on the amounts of ingredients and water. If the actual cooking time is less than the default time, the display time will jump to a time designated by the program and start counting down until it is finished cooking. If the actual cooking time is longer than the default, the program holds for a time and then counts down until finished cooking. The Multi-Cooker automatically switches to WARM when done cooking and will keep warm up to 12 hours.
Eight functions can be adjusted to the time you desire. After selecting function, press and hold the function button to start time. The display will show ON until the cooking temperature is reached, then the timer will count down. The cooker automatically switches to WARM when done cooking and will keep warm up to 12 hours.
NOTE*: If pot boils dry, Multi-Cooker will beep and the remaining time will flash in display. To continue STEAM/COOK, add more wate within 3 minutes. If no water is added after 3 minutes, the display will flash “Er” until the ON/OFF button is pressed.
* While slow cooking, the condensation collector may need to be emptied after each time you open the lid to prevent overflow.
The WARM function should be used for already-cooked food. Do not cook on WARM. Timer will count up to display the total amount of time on WARM.
The Delay Time function can be used with WHITE RICE, BROWN RICE, SUSHI RICE, WHOLE GRAIN, QUICK RICE, HOT CEREALS, QUINOA, STEAM/COOK, and SOUP/SIMMER. Place water and food items in cooking pot or food in steamer basket. Select function and cooking time.
Press DELAY TIME. The function button and the DELAY TIME buttons will flash, and display will flash “0.” Continue to press DELAY TIME to set delay time from 1 to 15 hours. Multi-Cooker will automatically start after 5 seconds, counting down the delay time. Cooking/steaming will begin once the unit has completed the delay time countdown. After cooking is complete, the Multi-Cooker will switch to WARM (except for STEAM/COOK).
If the power is cut off and restarts within 5 seconds, the Multi-Cooker will remember the initial cooking status and continue the previous function automatically. If the power break was longer than 5 seconds, the unit will switch to standby mode.
Care and Cleaning
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard:
Do not immerse base, cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
- Unplug Multi-Cooker.
- Lid Liner and Condensation Collector are hand-washable. Both Lid Liner and Condensation Collector should be removed and cleaned after each use.
Cooking Pot, Steamer/Rinsing Basket,
- Rice Measuring Cup, and Rice Paddle are dishwasher-safe. DO NOT use the “SANI” setting when washing in the dishwasher. “SANI” cycle temperatures could damage your product.
- Wipe base with a soft, damp cloth or sponge. To remove stubborn spots, use a mild, nonabrasive cleanser.
This warranty applies to products purchased and used in the U.S. and Canada. This is the only express warranty for this product and is in lieu of any other warranty or condition. This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase in Canada and one (1) year from the date of original purchase in the U.S. During this period, your exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of this product or any component found to be defective, at our option; however, you are responsible for all costs associated with returning the product to us and our returning a product or component under this warranty to you.
If the product or component is no longer available, we will replace with a similar one of equal or greater value. This warranty does not cover glass, filters, wear from normal use, use not in conformity with the printed directions, or damage to the product resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, or misuse. This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim.
This warranty is void if the product is used for other than single-family household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as specified on the rating label (e.g., 120 V ~ 60 Hz).
We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by a breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
To make a warranty claim, do not return this appliance to the store. Please call 1.800.851.8900 in the U.S. or 1.800.267.2826 in Canada or visit hamiltonbeach.com in the U.S. or hamiltonbeach.ca in Canada. For faster service, locate the model, type, and serial numbers on your appliance.
FAQs – Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker Instructions Manual
Q: What is the Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker?
A: The Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker is a kitchen appliance that combines the functionalities of a rice cooker and a slow cooker in one device. It allows you to easily cook a variety of rice dishes and slow-cooked meals with programmable settings and convenience features.
Q: How does the programmable feature work?
A: The programmable feature allows you to set the desired cooking time and temperature for your recipe. You can use the digital controls to input the specific values based on the recipe instructions. Once set, the appliance will start cooking according to your programmed settings. It provides flexibility and convenience, especially when you want to plan meals ahead of time.
Q: Can I cook rice and slow-cooked meals simultaneously in this appliance?
A: No, you cannot cook rice and slow-cooked meals simultaneously in this appliance. It functions as either a rice cooker or a slow cooker at a given time. You can switch between the functions based on your cooking needs, but you cannot use both functions simultaneously.
Q: What is the capacity of the Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker?
A: The capacity of this appliance varies based on the model. Hamilton Beach offers different sizes, typically ranging from 4 to 10 cups of uncooked rice capacity. It’s important to check the specific model or product description to determine the exact capacity.
Q: Is the cooking pot dishwasher-safe?
A: Yes, the cooking pot of the Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker is typically dishwasher-safe. However, it’s recommended to consult the user manual or the product information to confirm the dishwasher-safe status and any specific instructions for cleaning.
Q: Does it come with a recipe book?
A: The inclusion of a recipe book can vary based on the specific model and any promotions or bundles offered by Hamilton Beach. Some models may include a recipe book with a selection of rice and slow-cooked meal recipes, while others may not. It’s advisable to check the product packaging or product description to determine if a recipe book is included.
Q: Is there a warranty for the Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker?
A: Hamilton Beach generally offers a warranty for their appliances, including the Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker. The duration and terms of the warranty may vary, so it’s recommended to review the warranty information provided by Hamilton Beach or contact their customer service for specific details.
Pdf – Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice and Slow Cooker Instructions Manual
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Hamilton-Beach-Digital-Programmable-Rice-and-Slow-Cooker-Instructions-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]
For more manuals, visit Manualsdock