Hamilton Beach 51101AV Personal Blender
About Hamilton Beach
The American company Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Corporation is a designer, marketer, and distributor of home appliances as well as commercial restaurant equipment. These products are largely sold in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance shall not be used by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not put the cord, plug, base, or motor in water or other liquid.
- Tum the appliance 0FF(O), then unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- Avoid any contact with moving parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer may cause a risk of injury to persons.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces, including the stove.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Keep hands and utensils out of jar while blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the blender. A rubber spatula may be used but must be used only when the blender is not running.
- Blades are sharp; handle carefully- especially when emptying or cleaning the blender jar.
- Do not use a broken, chipped, or cracked blender jar.
- Do not use broken, cracked, or loose cutting blades.
- Always operate the blender with lid in place.
- Do not blend hot liquids.
- Ensure the cutting blade assembly is tight and secure to the jar. Injury can result if moving blades accidentally become exposed.
- Check that the appliance is OFF (0) before plugging the cord into a wall outlet. To disconnect, turn the control to OFF (O); then remove the plug from the wall outlet. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- Do not use appliances for other than the intended purpose.
- Do not place the blender jar freezer filled with food or liquid.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only. Use for food or liquids only.
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard:
This appliance is provided with a polarized plug (one wide blade) to reduce the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, has an electrician replace the outlet.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the appliance.
Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over. If the cutting unit blades lock and do not move, it will damage the motor. Do not use. Call the toll-free customer service number for information. Do not place the blender jar freezer filled with food or liquid. This will freeze and damage the cutting unit, jar, and motor.
Parts and Features
To order parts:
Mexico: 01 800 71 16100
Using the Blender
BEFORE FIRST USE:
Wash all parts except the blender base in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry. Wipe the blender base with a damp cloth or sponge.
Your blender jar and blade are subject to wear during normal use. Always inspect the jar and blade for breaks, nicks, chips, or cracks. If any parts are damaged, do not use them. Call our toll-free customer service number to obtain replacement parts.
- Place jar on base, aligning unlock icon with the baseline. Turn the jar counterclockwise until the blender locks into place.
- Add ingredients to the jar. Add drinking lid, pressing down to secure.
- Plug into an outlet. Always operate on a countertop or other supporting surface.
- Press and hold the ON button for 15 to 30 seconds or pulse the ON button until desired consistency.
To remove the jar, turn clockwise and lift.
- Do not chop or process hard foods such as cheese, crackers, or meat.
- If the blending action stops during blending
or ingredients stick to the sides of the jar, turn the blender OFF. Remove lid and use a rubber spatula to push the mixture toward the blades.
- Do not process hot foods or liquids in a blender.
- Do not store food or liquids in the blender jar.
- Avoid bumping or dropping the blender.
Care and Cleaning
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard:
Disconnect power before cleaning. Do not immerse the cord, plug, or base in any liquid.
- Wash the blender jar and drinking lid in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry.
- Wipe the blender base and cord with a damp cloth or sponge. To remove stubborn spots, use a mild, non-abrasive cleanser.
- Store the cord in the back of the base.
- Does not blend well. Not enough liquid was added to the jar. For correct blending, you need to add 1/2 to 1 cup (118-236 ml) of liquid (milk, juice, yogurt) before adding other ingredients.
- Pieces of ice or frozen fruits are stuck under the blade. Take the jar off of the base and shake. Place on base and blend, or add more liquid. Blending fresh fruit requires less liquid than blending frozen fruit.
This warranty applies to products purchased and used in the U.S. and Canada. This is the only express warranty for this product and is instead of any other warranty or condition.
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for five (5) years from the date of original purchase in Canada and one (1) year from the date of original purchase in the U.S. During this period, your exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of this product or any component found to be defective, at our option; however, you are responsible for all costs associated with returning the product to us and our returning a product or component under this warranty to you.
If the product or component is no longer available, we will replace it with a similar one of equal or greater value. This warranty does not cover glass, filters, wear from normal use, use not in conformity with the printed directions, or damage to the product resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, or misuse.
This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase, is required to make a warranty claim. This warranty is void if the product is used for other than singlefamily household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as specified on the rating label (e.g., 120 V – 60 Hz).
We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by a breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price.
Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights.
You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
To make a warranty claim, do not return this appliance to the store. Please call 1.800.851.8900 in the U.S. or 1.800.26 7.2826 in Ganada or visit hamiltonbeach.com in the U.S. or hamiltonbeach.ca in Canada. For faster service, locate the model, type, and serial numbers on your appliance.
FAQs Hamilton Beach 51101AV Personal Blender
Q: What is the capacity of the Hamilton Beach 51101AV Personal Blender?
A: The blender has a 14-ounce blending jar, which is suitable for making single-serving smoothies or shakes.
Q: What type of blades does the blender have?
A: The blender has stainless steel blades that are designed to crush ice and blend frozen fruits and other ingredients.
Q: Can the blending jar be detached from the blender base?
A: Yes, the blending jar can be removed from the base, making it easy to clean and store.
Q: Is the blender dishwasher-safe?
A: Yes, the blending jar and lid are dishwasher-safe, although it is recommended to hand-wash the blades and base unit.
Q: Can the blender be used to grind coffee beans or spices?
A: The blender is primarily designed for making shakes and smoothies, but it can also be used to grind coffee beans, spices, or other small quantities of dry ingredients.
Q: Does the blender have any safety features?
A: Yes, the blender has a safety mechanism that prevents the blades from spinning unless the blending jar is properly attached to the base unit.
Q: What is the wattage of the blender motor?
A: The blender has a 175-watt motor, which is powerful enough to blend frozen fruits and ice cubes.
Q: Can the blender be used to make hot soups or sauces?
A: No, the blender is not designed for blending hot liquids or foods. It is recommended to only blend cold or room temperature ingredients.
For more manuals by Hamilton Beach, visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Hamilton-Beach-51101AV-Personal-Blender-User-Guide.pdf” download=”all”]