Fujifilm Fujinon XF18-135mm Lens
Fujifilm, also known as Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a Japanese multinational corporation that specializes in imaging and photographic products, as well as various other technologies and services. Fujifilm has a long and storied history dating back to its founding in 1934 as Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. The company’s headquarters are located in Tokyo, Japan.
Here are some key aspects and areas of focus for Fujifilm:
- Photography and Imaging: Fujifilm is renowned for its photographic film and cameras, including popular brands like Fujifilm Instax instant cameras and the Fujifilm X-series mirrorless digital cameras. They produce a wide range of photographic products, including film, digital cameras, lenses, and accessories.
- Medical Imaging: Fujifilm has a significant presence in the healthcare industry, providing medical imaging equipment and solutions, including digital X-ray systems, medical printers, endoscopy systems, and more. Their healthcare division plays a crucial role in diagnostic imaging and medical informatics.
- Graphic Arts: Fujifilm is a major player in the graphic arts and printing industry, offering a range of solutions for commercial printing, packaging, and label printing. This includes digital printing equipment, inkjet technologies, and workflow software.
- Document Solutions: Fujifilm provides document solutions, including photocopiers, multifunction devices, and document management software, aimed at improving office productivity and efficiency.
- Materials and Chemicals: The company produces a variety of high-performance materials and chemicals used in industries such as semiconductors, display panels, and flat-panel displays.
- Digital Cameras and Lenses: Fujifilm’s X-series of mirrorless cameras and Fujinon lenses have gained popularity among both amateur and professional photographers for their image quality and innovative features.
- Instant Photography: Fujifilm’s Instax series of instant cameras and film have revived interest in instant photography and are popular among young users for their retro appeal.
- Photographic Film: While digital photography has largely replaced film in many areas, Fujifilm still produces a range of film products for photographers who prefer analog photography.
- Research and Development: Fujifilm invests heavily in research and development, which has led to innovations in various fields, from photography to healthcare and materials science.
Fujifilm has adapted to the changing technological landscape by diversifying its business interests beyond traditional photography. The company’s commitment to research and innovation has allowed it to remain relevant in the digital age while maintaining a strong presence in photography and imaging.
Before Using This Product
Some lens features are not available with older versions of the camera firmware. Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version. Instructions on viewing the camera firmware version and updating the camera firmware are available from the following website:
If you do not have access to a computer, support is available from the local distributor listed in the “FUJIFILM Worldwide Network” material provided with your camera.
- When using a lens hood, do not pick up or hold the camera using only the hood.
- Keep the lens signal contacts clean.
- Use a blower to remove dust and lint from the lens surfaces. To remove smudges and fingerprints, apply a small amount of ethanol or lens cleaner to a soft, clean cotton cloth or lens-cleaning tissue and clean from the cen- ter outwards using a circular motion, taking care not to leave smears or touch the glass with your fingers.
- Never use organic solvents such as paint thinner or benzene to clean the lens.
- Attach the front and rear caps when the lens is not in use.
- If the lens will not be used for an extended period, store it in a cool, dry location to prevent mold and rust. Do not store in direct sunlight or with naphtha or camphor moth balls.
- Keep the lens dry. Rusting can cause irreparable damage. Wipe off rain and water droplets.
- Leaving the lens in extremely hot locations could cause damage or warping.
Parts of the Lens
XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
- Lens hood
- Mounting marks
- Focus ring
- Zoom ring
- Aperture ring
- Mounting marks (focal length)
- O.I.S. switch
- Aperture mode switch
- Lens signal contacts
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- The lens mount includes a rubber ring to ensure that the lens remains dust- and splash-proof. The ring can be replaced for a fee at any FUJIFILM service center.
Attaching the Lens
See the camera manual for information on attaching and removing lenses. Note that this product is not compatible with X-mount film cameras.
Removing the Caps
Remove the caps as shown.
Attaching the Hood
When attached, lens hoods reduce glare and protect the front lens element.
Rotate the zoom ring left to zoom out, reducing magnification and increasing the area visible in the frame. Rotate the ring right to zoom in, increasing magnification so that the subject occupies more of the frame.
- Using the zoom ring while the lens is wet makes it easier for water to find its way inside the lens. Wipe any water from the lens before using the zoom ring.
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
To use optical image stabilization, slide the O.I.S. switch to ON.
For auto aperture control, slide the aperture mode switch to A.
To adjust the aperture manually, slide the switch and rotate the aperture ring. Rotate the ring left for wider apertures (lower f-numbers), and right for smaller apertures (higher f-numbers).
- Improvements may result in unannounced changes to specifications and appearance.
- Owing to how this lens is constructed, the “Distance indicator” displayed by the camera may in some cases differ from the actual focus distance. Use the “Distance indicator” as a guide only.
7-3, AKASAKA 9-CHOME, MINATO-KU, TOKYO
FAQS About Fujifilm Fujinon XF18-135mm Lens
Is the Fuji 18-135 weatherproof?
How effective is Fuji 18 135?
Although it performs well over the whole focal range and is sharp, the mid-range between 35 and 80 mm is where it excels.
Why would one use an 18-135mm lens?
For sports and portrait photography, and is sufficiently narrow for landscape photography.
What is the full-frame equivalent of the Fujifilm 18 135?
When fitted to the APS-C Fuji X cameras, the 18-135mm focal range provides you a comparable focal length of 27mm to 206mm.
18-135mm is what kind of a lens?
A standard to short telephoto telezoom for Canon digital single-lens reflex cameras with an EF-S lens mount is the Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens.
What is the 18-135mm lens’s shortest focus distance?
Just about 18 inches, or 45mm.
A 18-135mm lens’ length is how long?
Canon calls for dimensions of 3.1″ (76.6 mm) in diameter by 3.8 ” (96.0 mm).
The release date of the Fujifilm 18 135 is.
June 16, 2014
What is the weight of a Fujifilm XF 18 135mm?
The Fujifilm 18 135 is how big?
97.8mm x 75.7mm
For more manuals by Fujifilm, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Fujifilm-Fujinon-XF18-135mm-Lens-Owner-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]