DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scales
The American company Dymo Corporation produces portable label printers, thermal transfer tape as an accessory, embossing tape label makers, as well as additional printers including CD and DVD labelers and durable medical equipment. The business is a Newell Brands subsidiary.
DYMO® Digital USB Postal Scale
This User Guide provides instructions for using your DYMO® Digital USB Postal Scale.
Visit www.dymo.com/register to register your scale.
Setting Up the Scale
The scale is powered through a USB port on your computer. When not connected to your computer, the scale can be powered by three AAA batteries.
To set up the scale
- Unpack the scale.
- Set the scale on a firm, flat surface.
- Plug the USB cable into the USB port on the back of the scale.
- Plug the USB cable into an available USB port on your computer.
The scale is automatically recognized by your computer when the power is turned on. Always use a powered hub when connecting the scale through a USB hub.
Inserting the Batteries
When not connected to your computer, the scale can be powered by three AAA alkaline batteries. The scale automatically turns off after three minutes of inactivity.
To insert the battery
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer or USB hub.
- Turn the scale over.
- Remove the battery compartment cover.
- Insert three AAA batteries as shown. Make sure to insert the batteries correctly. Inserting the batteries backward can damage the scale.
- Replace the battery compartment cover.
Remove the batteries if the scale will not be used for an extended period of time.
Turning On the Power
The scale has an Auto Shut Off feature which automatically turns off the scale after three minutes of inactivity.
To turn the scale on
- Press on the front of the scale. When the scale is first turned on, wait a few seconds for the scale to stabilize before weighing items.
- The display shows 0 g, 0.0 oz, or 0.00 oz when ready.
To turn the scale off
- Press on the front of the scale to turn the scale off.
- The scale turns off automatically after three minutes of inactivity.
Using the Scale
Always wait for 0 g, 0.0 oz, or 0.00 oz to display before placing an item on the scale platform. After placing an item on the scale, wait for several seconds for the weight to appear. When the scale is ready, an o appears to the left of the weight.
To weigh an item
- Place an item on the scale platform.
Using the Tare Feature
You can weigh small items or items that cannot be easily placed on the scale platform by placing the items in a container and using the Tare/Zero button to eliminate the weight of the container.
To use the tare feature
- Place an empty container on the platform.
- When the scale is ready, press. The display is set to zero.
- Place the items to be weighed in the container. The display shows the weight of the items, without the weight of the container.
- After removing the container, press to reset the scale to zero.
Using the Hold Feature
When an item is weighed and extends over the front of the scale and you cannot see the display, you can freeze the display so that the weight is still displayed after removing the item.
To use the Hold feature
- Press. The LED flashes and the display shows HOLD, and then 0 g, 0.0 oz, or 0.00 oz when ready.
- Place the item on the scale. After a few seconds, the LED stops flashing and stays illuminated.
- Remove the item from the scale. The LED stays illuminated and the weight continues to be displayed for about ten seconds.
Changing the Units of Measure Your scale can display weight in English (pounds) or metric (kilograms) units. The default unit of measure is English. Each time you turn on the scale, the scale defaults to the unit of measure that was last used.
To change the units of measure
- Press to toggle between English and metric units.
Caring for the Scale
With proper care and handling, your scale will give you years of service. Keep the following in mind when using your scale:
- Your scale works best when operated and stored at normal room temperature. Avoid lengthy exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- Only operate the scale on a stable, vibration-free surface.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, moisture, vibration, and air currents; and proximity to other electronic equipment can affect the reliability and accuracy of your scale.
- Using the scale in proximity to wireless devices, such as mobile phones, can cause the scale display to fluctuate when the device is in use.
- Although this scale is designed to be quite durable, gently place items to be weighed on the platform. Avoid rough treatment, as this may permanently damage the internal sensor and void your warranty.
- You can permanently damage the scale by placing significantly overweight items on the scale platform.
- Avoid shaking, dropping, or otherwise shocking the scale. This is a precision instrument and
MUST BE HANDLED WITH EXTREME CARE.
- The scale has been calibrated at the factory and will not need to be calibrated again.
NOT LEGAL TO TRADE
|10 pounds (4.5 kg)
|25 pounds (11 kg)
|0.1 oz (2 g)
|0.1 oz (2 g)
Under half the capacity
|Over half the capacity
|Auto Shut Off
|After three minutes of inactivity
|50° – 104° F (10° – 40° C)
|USB 2.0 Low-Speed HID Scale Device
For information about our other scale products, visit www.dymo.com.
If you need further assistance, contact Technical Support at (877) 724-8324. You can also obtain support at www.dymo.com.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Sanford, L.P., d/b/a Dymo (“Dymo”) warrants the Dymo scales to be free from defects in design, materials, and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. If this product is found to be defective within that time, we will promptly repair or replace it at our cost. This warranty does not cover accidental damage, wear and tear, or consequential or incidental loss.
WHAT IS COVERED?
This warranty covers this product only and only against defects in design, materials, or workmanship. If, after inspection of your returned product, we find that the product is defective in design, materials, or workmanship, we shall at no charge to you repair or replace the product at our discretion, and return the product to you. You are responsible for the full cost of shipping the product to Dymo, but there is no charge for the inspection or the return postage.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
This warranty does not cover loss of or damage to a computer or other devices connected directly or indirectly to this Dymo product. This warranty also does not cover any loss of or damage to data, programs, records, or other information. This warranty does not cover any defect or loss which would not have occurred if instructions in the owner’s manual had been followed. This warranty does not cover other incidental or consequential damages even if Dymo has been informed of the possibility of such damages. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state or country to country.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
To make a warranty claim, please contact customer support
Customer Support – (877) 724-8324 www.dymo.com
Declaration of Conformity
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The equipment that you bought has required the extraction and use of natural resources for its production. It may contain hazardous substances for the health and the environment. In order to avoid the dissemination of those substances in our environment and to diminish the pressure on natural resources, we encourage you to use the appropriate take-back systems. Those systems will reuse or recycle most of the materials of your end-life equipment in a sound way. The crossed-bin symbol marked on your device invites you to use those systems.
If you need more information on the collection, reuse, and recycling systems, please contact your local or regional waste administration. You can also contact us for more information on the environmental performance of our products.
We are constantly working to produce the highest quality documentation for our products. We welcome your feedback. Send us your comments or suggestions about our online Help, printed, or PDF manuals.
Please include the following information with your feedback:
- Product name and version number
- Type of document: printed manual, PDF, or online Help
- Topic title (for online Help) or page number (for printed or PDF manuals)
- Brief description of content (for example, step-by-step instructions that are inaccurate, information that requires clarification, areas where more detail is needed, and so on)
- Suggestions for how to correct or improve the documentation We also welcome your suggestions for additional topics you would like to see covered in the documentation.
Send email feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that this email address is only for documentation feedback. If you have a technical question, please contact Customer Service.
FAQs DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scales
What is the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale?
The DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale is a compact and versatile weighing scale designed specifically for weighing letters, envelopes, and small packages. It is commonly used in offices, homes, and small businesses to accurately determine postage costs.
How does the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale work?
The scale utilizes a digital weighing mechanism to provide precise weight measurements. You place the item you want to weigh on the scale’s platform, and the scale measures the weight and displays it on the built-in digital screen. The scale also has a USB interface that allows it to connect to a computer for additional functionality.
What is the maximum weight capacity of the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale?
The DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale has a maximum weight capacity of 25 pounds (11.34 kilograms).
Can the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale be connected to a computer?
Yes, the scale comes equipped with a USB interface that allows it to connect to a computer. This feature enables you to integrate the scale with shipping software or applications that require weight data for postage calculations.
Does the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale require external power?
No, the scale is powered by batteries. It typically uses three AAA batteries, which are often included with the product. However, it’s always a good idea to check the product specifications or packaging to confirm the battery requirements.
Are there any additional features or functionalities of the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale?
The scale primarily focuses on providing accurate weight measurements. While it does have a USB interface for computer connectivity, it doesn’t offer advanced features such as built-in postage rate lookup or label printing. Its main purpose is to provide reliable weight data for shipping and postage purposes.
Is the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale portable?
Yes, the scale is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it highly portable. It’s easy to carry around and can be used in various locations, such as different areas of your home or office.
Can the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale measure weight in different units?
Yes, the scale offers unit selection, allowing you to switch between different weight units. Commonly available units include pounds, ounces, kilograms, and grams, which can be selected according to your preference or specific requirements.
Does the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale come with a warranty?
The warranty coverage for the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale may vary, depending on the retailer or distributor from which you purchase it. It’s advisable to check the specific warranty details provided by the seller or consult the product documentation for accurate information regarding warranty coverage and any applicable terms or conditions.
Is the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale compatible with shipping software?
Yes, the DYMO Pelouze M25 Digital USB Postal Scale is compatible with various shipping software programs. It can be connected to a computer via the USB interface and integrated with shipping software to automatically input weight data for postage calculations and label printing.
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/DYMO-Pelouze-M25-Digital-USB-Postal-Scales.pdf” download=”all”]