De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine
De’Longhi is an Italian company that specializes in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of small domestic appliances, particularly focused on coffee machines, kitchen appliances, and air conditioning systems. The company was founded in 1902 by the De’Longhi family and has since grown to become a global leader in the appliance industry.
De’Longhi’s product range includes espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders, kettles, toasters, juicers, food processors, blenders, air purifiers, heaters, and air conditioners. The company is known for its innovative designs, advanced technology, and high-quality craftsmanship.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following.
- Read all instructions carefully.
- Make sure the voltage of your electrical system corresponds to the voltage shown on the bottom of the machine.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against #re, electrical shock, and personal injury, do not immerse the cord, plug, or appliance in water or other liquid.
- Keep the appliance out of the reach of children and do not leave the appliance unattended while in operation.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not operate with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may result in #re, electrical shock, or personal injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Make sure the power cord does not hang over the edge of the table or countertop to avoid getting accidentally caught or entangled.
- Do not place the appliance or its electrical parts on or near electric stoves, cooking surfaces, or gas burners.
- Plug the cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, #rst turn machine “o”, then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not use the appliance for other than the intended use. This appliance is to be utilized for domestic use only. The manufacturer declines all responsibility for any damage caused by improper, incorrect, or irresponsible use.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of #re or electric shock, do not remove the cover or the exterior of the unit. Don’t attempt to repair or modify the machine, doing so will void the warranty. Repair should be done by authorized service personnel only!
Danger! This is an electrical appliance and may cause electric shock. You should therefore follow these safety warnings:
- Never touch the appliance with damp hands or feet.
- Never touch the plug with damp hands.
- Make sure the socket used is freely accessible at all times, enabling the appliance to be unplugged when necessary.
- Unplug directly from the plug only. Never pull the cord as you could damage it.
- To disconnect the appliance completely you must unplug it from the mains socket.
- If the appliance is faulty, do not attempt to repair it. Turn it o”, unplug it from the mains socket, and contact Customer Services.
- Before cleaning the appliance, turn it o”, unplug it from the mains socket, and allow it to cool.
Important! Keep all packaging (plastic bags, polystyrene foam) away from children.
CHOKING HAZARD. The appliance might contain small parts. Some of those small parts might be required to get disassembled during cleaning and maintenance operations. Handle with care and keep small parts out of reach of children.
The danger of burns! This appliance produces hot water and steam may form while it is in operation. During operation (automatic rinsing, hot beverage delivery, steam delivery, cleaning), avoid contact with splashes of hot water or steam. When the appliance is in operation, the cup shelf could become very hot.
Instruction for Use Read all the Instructions for Use carefully before using the appliance. Failure to follow this Instruction for Use may result in burns or damage to the appliance. The manufacturer is not liable for damage deriving from failure to respect this Instruction for Use.
Please note: These safety warnings are valid for all De’Longhi coffee machines.
Keep this lea&et together with the instructions accompanying the appliance. If the appliance is passed to other persons, they must also be provided with this Instruction for Use.
Checking the appliance After removing the packaging, make sure the product is complete and undamaged and that all accessories are present. Do not use the appliance if it is visibly damaged. Contact De’Longhi Customer Services. 3.2 Installing the appliance
When you install the appliance, you should respect the following safety warnings:
- The appliance gives o” heat. After positioning the appliance on the worktop, leave a space of at least 1.18 in / 3 cm between the surfaces of the appliance and the side and rear walls and at least 5.9 in / 15 cm above the coffee maker.
- Water penetrating the appliance could cause damage. Do not place the appliance near taps or sinks.
- The appliance could be damaged if the water it contains freezes. Do not install the appliance in a room where the temperature could drop below freezing point.
- Arrange the power cord in such a way that it cannot be damaged by sharp edges or contact with hot surfaces (e.g. electric hot plates). 3.3 Connecting the appliance Check that the mains power supply voltage corresponds to that indicated on the rating plate on the bottom of the appliance.
- Connect the appliance to an e$ciently earthed and correctly installed socket with a minimum current rating of 13A only.
- If the power socket does not match the plug on the appliance, have the socket replaced with a suitable type by a qualified professional. 3.4 Setting up the appliance The first time you use the machine, the water circuit is empty and the appliance could be very noisy. The noise becomes less as the circuit #lls. 3.5 Cleaning and maintenance of materials in contact with food
- When used for the first time, or after 3 or 4 days without use, clean the appliance and the removable accessories that come into contact with water, co” ee, and milk, as indicated in the instructions for use. Check in the instructions which accessories are dishwasher safe.
- If the appliance is not used for more than 3 or 4 days, before making the first beverage, rinse the water circuit as described in this Instruction for Use.
- Be certain to take maximum care when carrying out all cleaning and maintenance operations described in the instructions for use and/or prompted by the display or warning lights of the appliance itself.
- Description of the appliance – A
- Beans container
- Pre-ground co” ee funnel lid
- Beans container lid
- Grinding adjustment dial
- Pre-ground co” ee funnel
- Milk container/ Water spout connector door
- Co”ee spouts (adjustable height)
- Sensor window
- Condensate tray
- Grounds container
- Cup tray
- Drip tray water level indicator
- Drip tray grille
- Drip tray
- Water tank lid
- Water tank
- Water #lter housing
- Power cord
- Infuser door
Description of the control panel – B
- ON/Standby button with LED integrated light
- X2 button with LED integrated light (Rinsing function when pressed and hold for 5 seconds)
- Direct recipes with LED integrated light (*number and type of recipes may vary depending on the model )
- Setting menu button with LED integrated light
- Milk Clean button with LED integrated light (Descaling function when pressed and hold for 5 seconds)
- Strength selection and pre-ground function buttons
- Exhausted water #lter LED integrated light On steadily LED integrated light: insu$cient water in the tank A16
- Flashing indicator light: the water tank is extracted
- General alarm LED integrated light On steadily LED integrated light: the grounds container A10 needs to be emptied Flashing LED integrated light: put the grounds container back in place
- Descaling indicator light
SETTING UP THE APPLIANCE
- The first time you use the appliance, you need to make 4-5 cappuccinos before the results in the cup will be satisfactory.
- The first time you use the machine, the water circuit is empty and the appliance could be very noisy. The noise becomes less as the circuit #lls.
- Possible traces of co” ee in the grinder are the result of settings tests performed on the appliance before the sale, proof of the meticulous care and attention we invest in our products.
- We recommend you install the water #lter supplied immediately. After two months (see date indicator) or when the appliance has not been used for 3 weeks, the #lter should be replaced even if the message has not yet appeared.
- Customize water hardness as soon as possible (section “12. Measuring water hardness”).
Below is a list of some possible malfunctions. If the problem cannot be resolved as described, contact customer services.
|The appliance does not come on.
|It is not plugged into the main socket.
|Plug into the mains socket.
|The coffee is not hot.
|The cups were not preheated.
|Warm the cups by rinsing them with hot water (Please note: you can use the hot water function).
|The internal circuits of the appliance have cooled down because 2-3 minutes have elapsed since the last coffee was made.
|Before making coffee, press and hold the
button for a few seconds to perform a rinse cycle and warm the internal circuits.
|The coffee temperature setting is too low.
|Set a hotter coffee temperature in the settings menu (see “15. Settings menu”).
|The machine must be descaled
|Carry out the descaling procedure. Next, check the water hardness (“12. Measuring water hardness”) and make certain the machine setting matches the local water supply hardness (“15. Settings menu”).
|The coffee is weak or not creamy enough.
|The coffee is ground too coarsely.
|Adjust the grinding level (“8.6 Adjusting the coffee grinder”). The effect is not visible until at least 2 coffees have been made.
|The coffee is unsuitable.
|Use coffee for espresso machines.
|Coffee is not fresh.
|The coffee pack has been opened for too long and has lost its taste.
|The coffee is under-extracted, weak, or not creamy enough.
|The coffee is ground too finely.
|Adjust the grinding level (“8.6 Adjusting the coffee grinder”). The effect is not visible until at least 2 coffees have been made.
|The coffee is delivered too slowly or drops by drop (over-extracted).
|Impurities have been detected in the in- internal circuits
|Wait until the machine is ready for use again, and proceed to select the required beverage. Contact customer services if the problem persists.
|Coffee does not come out of one or both spouts.
|The coffee nozzles are blocked.
|Clean the nozzles with a cloth. Any en- crusted deposits can be removed with a toothpick, if necessary.
|The coffee delivered is watery.
|The pre-ground coffee funnel is clogged.
|Open the door and clean the funnel with the help of a brush.
|The infuser cannot be extracted.
|The machine has not been turned off.
|Turn the machine off by pressing the button.
|At the end of descaling, the appliance requests a third rinse
|During the two rinse cycles, the water tank has not been filled to the MAX level
|Empty the drip tray, fill the tank up to the MAX level, and perform the third rinse cycle.
|The milk has big bubbles
|The milk is not cold enough or is not semi-skimmed or skimmed.
|Use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature (about 5° C). If the result is not as expected, try a different brand of milk.
|The milk container lid is dirty.
|Remove the components and clean them thoroughly as described in section “17. Cleaning the milk container”.
|Vegetable beverages are being used.
|The effect varies widely depending on the nutritional properties of the beverages.
|Milk beverages are not enabled
|The milk container is not correctly inserted- ed, or there is not enough milk to prepare the requested beverage.
|Prepare the milk container and insert it correctly into the machine.
|Several milk beverages have been prepared in succession and the machine needs to heat up to the ideal temperature before making the next beverages.
|Wait until milk beverages are again enabled on the control panel.
|The cup tray on top of the machine is hot
|A number of beverages have been prepared in rapid succession
|The machine emits noises or small puffs of steam while not in use
|The machine is ready for use or has re- recently been turned off, and condensate is dripping into the hot vaporizer.
|This is part of normal operation. To limit the phenomenon, empty the drip tray.
|The appliance emits puffs of steam from the drip tray and/or there is water on the surface the appliance rests on.
|The drip tray grille has not been replaced after cleaning.
|Put the grille back in the drip tray.
FAQs De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine
What is the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine?
The De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine is a versatile and fully automatic coffee machine that allows you to brew a variety of coffee beverages, including espresso, cappuccino, latte, and more. It is designed for home use and offers convenience and customization options in coffee preparation.
What are the key features of the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine?
The De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine come with a range of features, including a built-in grinder, a brewing unit, adjustable coffee strength, and temperature settings, a manual frother for milk-based drinks, programmable menu options, cup warmer, and a large water reservoir.
Does the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine have a built-in grinder?
Yes, the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine have a built-in burr grinder. This allows you to grind fresh coffee beans just before brewing, ensuring optimal flavor and aroma in your coffee.
Can I adjust the coffee strength and temperature on the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine?
Yes, the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine offers adjustable settings for both coffee strength and temperature. You can customize these settings according to your preferences to achieve your desired taste and brewing temperature.
Does the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine have a milk frother?
Yes, the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine come with a manual frother. It allows you to froth milk for preparing creamy and frothy milk-based beverages such as cappuccinos and lattes.
Can I program the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine?
Yes, the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine offer programmable menu options. You can customize and save your preferred settings, such as coffee strength, cup size, and brewing temperature, for easy and consistent brewing.
Does the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine have a cup warmer?
Yes, the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine feature a cup warmer on top of the machine. This allows you to preheat your cups, ensuring that your coffee stays warm for longer.
Is the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine easy to clean?
Yes, the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine feature a removable brewing unit, drip tray, and water reservoir that are easy to clean. The machine also has a descaling program to help maintain its performance and longevity.
Where can I purchase the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine?
The De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine can be purchased from various retailers, both online and in physical stores. It is recommended to check availability and pricing on popular e-commerce platforms or visit De’Longhi’s official website for information on authorized retailers.
For more manuals by DeLonghi, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/DeLonghi-ESAM3300-Magnifica-Super-Automatic-Espresso-and-Coffee-Machine.pdf” download=”all”]