Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juice Extractor
Conair Corporation is the owner of the American cookware and appliance brand Cuisinart. Carl Sontheimer established Cuisinart in 1971. The company initially made food processors, which were unveiled in 1973 at a Chicago food expo. “Food processor” has come to be synonymous with the term “Cuisinart.”
When using any electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- READ INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY
- Always unplug the unit from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or removing parts, and before cleaning.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse the juice extractor motor housing in water or other liquids.
- When any appliance is used by or near children, supervise closely.
- Avoid contact with moving parts.
- If the juice extractor has a damaged cord or plug or malfunctions, DO NOT OPERATE. Contact our Customer Service Center to return for examination, repair or adjustment.
- Using accessory attachments not sold or recommended by the manufacturer can cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not allow the power cord to come into contact with any hot surfaces, including the stove, or to hang over the table edge or counter.
- Before turning the motor on, always make sure the juice extractor cover is properly positioned and securely in place. Do not open the cover while the juice extractor is in operation.
- Switch to the OFF position after each use and
be sure the motor stops completely before disassembling.
- Do not put fingers or other objects into the juice extractor opening while it is in operation. If food becomes stuck in the opening, use a food pusher or another piece of fruit or vegetable to push it down. Or turn the motor off and disassemble the unit to remove the remaining food.
- If the rotating sieve is damaged, do not use it.
- Always make sure the juice extractor cover is properly positioned and secured before the motor is turned on. If it is not, the safety interlock will not operate. Do not loosen the cover while the juice extractor is in use.
- Not designed for outdoor use.
- The appliance should be plugged into a 120V household outlet only.
- The appliance is wired for domestic use only.
- Do not use the appliance for anything other than the intended purpose, as outlined in the instruction booklet.
- Never juice with the spout in the closed position.
- Do not operate without the pulp container in place.
- Do not operate your appliance in an appliance garage or under a wall cabinet. When storing in an appliance garage always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet. Not doing so could create a risk of fire, especially if the appliance touches the walls of the garage or the door touches the unit as it closes.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
No user-serviceable parts are inside. Do not attempt to service this product. The maximum rating of 1000 watts is based on the food chopper attachment that draws the greatest power. Other recommended attachments may draw less power.
A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a long cord. AN EXTENSION CORD MAY BE USED WITH CARE: HOWEVER, THE MARKED ELECTRICAL RATING SHOULD
BE AT LEAST AS GREAT AS THE ELECTRICAL RATING OF THE JUICE EXTRACTOR.
The extension cord should not be allowed to drape over the countertop or tabletop, where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. If the plug fits loosely into the AC outlet or if the AC outlet feels warm, do not use that outlet.
PARTS AND FEATURES
- Motor base Die-cast and brushed stainless steel housing.
- 5-speed dial control with blue LED light ring and On/Off button
- Stainless steel micro-mesh filter basket
- Filter bowl (not shown)
- Foam management filter disk
- Cover with a 3-inch diameter feed tube and pyramid-design fruit stabilizer
- Food pusher
- The juice spout (adjustable) Controls the flow rate.
- 1-liter juice pitcher
- 2-liter pulp container
- 4-second safety break (not shown) Stops the filter basket with blades when the handle tab is released.
- Push box cord storage (not shown)
- Heavy-duty cleaning brush to clean filter basket
- 1000 watts of power for maximum juice extraction (not shown)
- BPA Free (not shown) All materials that come in contact with food and/or liquid are BPA free.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all packaging materials and any promotional labels or stickers from your juice extractor. Be sure all parts (listed in Parts and Features) of your new appliance have been included before discarding any packaging materials.
- You may want to keep the box and packing materials for use at a later date.
- Before using your Cuisinart® Juice Extractor for the first time, remove any dust from shipping by wiping the base with a damp cloth.
- Thoroughly clean the cover, pusher, pulp container, juice pitcher, filter basket, and filter bowl.
- All removable parts can be submerged in water for cleaning and are dishwasher-safe.
- Never place the motor housing in the dishwasher, nor should you immerse it in water. Always use a damp cloth to wipe clean.
Assembling the Juice Pitcher
- Place the juice pitcher on a flat surface.
- Insert the foam separator.
- Put the cover in place. Set the pitcher aside.
Assembling the Juice Extractor
- Place the base on a clean, flat surface.
- Insert filter bowl, positioning spout on the right side, on top of the motor housing.
- Place the foam management filter disk in the filter bowl.
- Place the mesh filter basket firmly in place in the filter bowl.
- Hold the juice extractor cover by the handle with the feed tube facing back and the hinge straight down over the hinge slot on the motor housing. Insert the hinge into the slot and lower into position.
- Make sure the handle lock is in the “open” position. Press the handle in with an upward motion to close.
- Slide the food pusher down the feed tube by aligning the groove in the food pusher with the small indent on the inside of the top of the feed tube.
- Place the pulp container in position by tilting the opening slightly under the cover.
- Place the assembled juice pitcher under the spout, with the handle facing forward.
- Make sure the spout is in the open position. Never juice with the spout in the closed position.
Disassembling the Juice Extractor
- Unplug the juice extractor.
- Remove the food pusher.
- Press the handle tab release to unlock the cover.
- Lift and remove the cover.
- Carefully remove the filter basket by pulling it up on either side of the rim. Be careful not to touch the blades at the bottom of the basket.
- Remove the foam management filter disk.
- Remove the filter bowl by pulling it up on either side.
Foam Management System
If you prefer less foam in your juice, use the foam management filter disk and adjust the spout to a smaller opening. If you prefer more foam, do not use the disk and adjust the spout to a larger opening.
- Make sure your juice extractor is properly assembled. (See Assembly Instructions.)
- Plug the power cord into a 120V electrical outlet.
- Make sure that the spout is in the open position. NEVER JUICE WITH THE SPOUT IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
- Wash all selected fruits or vegetables.
- While most fruits such as apples, pears, carrots, etc. will not need cutting, any fruit or vegetable with a diameter larger than 3 inches will need to be cut.
- Set the dial to the desired speed. The blue LED light ring on the control dial will start to blink.
- Press the button in the center of the control dial to start the juice extractor. The LED light ring will stop blinking and stay on.
- Lift the food pusher out of the feed tube and drop your food into the feed tube. Push through by inserting the food pusher and pressing firmly.
- The juice will flow into the juice pitcher and the pulp will accumulate in the pulp container.
- When finished juicing, press the On/Off button to stop the motor. Turn the control dial to “0” to shut off the juice extractor.
- Before removing the juice pitcher from under the spout, turn the spout to the closed position. This will prevent the juice from dripping on the counter.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Do not immerse the motor housing in water or spray it with water. Clean only by wiping with a damp sponge, cloth, or paper towel. Use any liquid dishwashing detergent, but do not use any products containing ammonia or scouring powders, as these products will dull, scratch, or mar the finish. For easy cleaning, always clean immediately after each use. Vegetables and fruits will harden if left to dry on the unit parts, making it harder to clean.
- Unplug the juicer.
WARNING: Be careful when handling the filter basket during cleaning, as the blades at the bottom are very sharp. For the best juicing results, always thoroughly clean the filter basket with the nylon brush provided. (See image.)
- Take juice extractor apart, following Disassembly Instructions (page 4). First, rinse with cold water. Then wash the pulp container, juice pitcher, pusher, lid, and rotating filter basket in hot, sudsy water, or place in the top rack of the dishwasher. Do not use a metal brush or pad.
- Towel-dry all parts.
- Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized service representative.
TIPS AND HINTS
- Extracted juice from fresh fruits and vegetables contains 95% of their nutrients. Drinking extracted juices is the fastest way to digest fruits and vegetables so that your body can absorb all of those nutrients. As opposed to eating the whole fruit, which can take about 1 hour to digest, extracted juices take only 15 minutes.
- Fresh juices are excellent for aiding in cleanses (ridding the body of toxins) and in weight management.
- Always use fresh, organic, and seasonal produce. Organic produce is grown without synthetic fertilizers and chemicals, which is very important when juicing whole foods. When buying foods in season, they are considerably less expensive than purchasing off-season, and the flavors are much better.
- Wash all vegetables immediately after purchasing and store them in the refrigerator. This way they are ready to juice at any time.
- Always juice fresh fruits and vegetables soon after purchasing. The longer produce is held, the more nutrients it loses.
- Always wash vegetables and fruit before juicing.
- Fresh juices should be consumed immediately. They lose nutrients as they sit.
- Certain fruits should be peeled first before juicing. Examples of such fruits are pineapples, melons, mangos, papayas, and citrus – any fruit with skin that you cannot eat. Also remove all pits and hard seeds from fruit such as peaches, cherries, mangos, etc.
- Citrus fruit juice is delicious and creamy, plus it is more nutrient-rich than citrus juice that is manually pressed.
- If cucumbers are waxy, peel them before you juice them.
- When juicing, softer ingredients should be juiced before the harder ones. As a rule, softer ingredients should be juiced at a low speed, while harder ingredients are juiced at higher speeds (refer to Juicing Chart, page 7).
- When juicing herbs or leafy greens, juice them in the middle of a combination of ingredients in order to extract the greatest amount of juice.
- Use your taste to guide you on fruit and vegetable combinations for juices. The recipes provided are a guideline, but the possibilities are endless. Experiment to see what your favorite combinations are.
- Carrots make a great and tasty base for vegetable juices, and apples do the same for fruit juices.
- Beets and carrots both have naturally high sugar content, so when added to vegetable juices they balance out any bitter flavors juiced vegetables may have.
- Use your juice extractor in tandem with your blender. Blend fresh juices with ingredients like bananas, yogurt, and protein powders for delicious power smoothies.
- It is also possible to make a healthier, fresher version of your favorite cocktail with fresh juices.
- Blend fruit juices with sparkling water or seltzer to make a natural soda.
- The pulp that is separated from the juice has its own health benefits. It is high in fiber and can be used in a variety of ways. See our recipes as guides on how you can incorporate fibrous pulp into your diet.
APPROXIMATE YIELD JUICING CHART
WARRANTY Limited Three-Year Warranty
This warranty is available to consumers only. You are a consumer if you own a Cuisinart® Juice Extractor that was purchased at retail for personal, family, or household use. Except as otherwise required under applicable law, this warranty is not available to retailers or other commercial purchasers or owners. We warrant that your Cuisinart® Juice Extractor will be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal home use for 3 years from the date of original purchase.
We recommend that you visit our website, www.cuisinart.com for a fast, efficient way to complete your product registration. However, product registration does not eliminate the need for the consumer to maintain the original proof of purchase in order to obtain the warranty benefits. In the event that you do not have proof of purchase date, the purchase date for purposes of this warranty will be the date of manufacture.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
California law provides that for In-Warranty Service, California residents have the option of returning a nonconforming product (A) to the store where it was purchased or (B) to another retail store that sells Cuisinart® products of the same type. The retail store shall then, according to its preference, either repair the product, refer the consumer to an independent repair facility, replace the product, or refund the purchase price less the amount directly attributable to the consumer’s prior usage of the product.
If neither of the above two options results in the appropriate relief to the consumer, the consumer may then take the product to an independent repair facility, if service or repair can be economically accomplished. Cuisinart and not the consumer will be responsible for the reasonable cost of such service, repair, replacement, or refund for nonconforming products under warranty.
California residents may also, according to their preference, return nonconforming products directly to Cuisinart for repair or, if necessary, replacement by calling our Consumer Service Center toll-free at 800-726-0190. Cuisinart will be responsible for the cost of the repair, replacement, shipping, and handling of such nonconforming products under warranty.
BEFORE RETURNING YOUR CUISINART® PRODUCT
If your Cuisinart® Juice Extractor should prove to be defective within the warranty period, we will repair or, if we think necessary, replace it. To obtain warranty service, please call our Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800- 726-0190 or write to Cuisinart, 7811 North Glen Harbor Blvd. Glendale, AZ 85307.
To facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return, enclose $10.00 for shipping and handling. (California residents need only supply proof of purchase and should call 1-800-726-0190 for shipping instructions.) Please be sure to include your return address, description of the product’s defect, product serial number, and any other information pertinent to the return. Please pay by check or money order.
NOTE: For added protection and secure handling of any Cuisinart® product that is being returned, we recommend you use a traceable, insured delivery service. Cuisinart cannot be held responsible for in-transit damage or for packages that are not delivered to us. Lost and/or damaged products are not covered under warranty.
Your Cuisinart® Juice Extractor has been manufactured to the strictest specifications and has been designed for use only in 120-volt outlets and only with authorized accessories and replacement parts. This warranty expressly excludes any defects or damages caused by attempted use of this unit with a converter, as well as use with accessories, replacement parts, or repair services other than those authorized by Cuisinart.
This warranty does not cover any damage caused by accident, misuse, shipment, or other than ordinary household use. This warranty excludes all incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages, so these exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Important: If the nonconforming product is to be serviced by someone other than Cuisinart’s Authorized Service Center, please remind the servicer to call our Consumer Service Center at 1-800-726-0190 to ensure that the problem is properly diagnosed, the product is serviced with the correct parts, and to ensure that the product is still under warranty.
Cuisinart offers an extensive assortment of top-quality products to make life in the kitchen easier than ever. Try some of our other countertop appliances, cookware, tools, and gadgets. www.cuisinart.com
FAQS About Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juice Extractor
Q: What is the Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juice Extractor?
A: The Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juice Extractor is a kitchen appliance designed to extract juice from various fruits and vegetables. It uses a powerful motor and a centrifugal juicing system to quickly and efficiently extract juice.
Q: What types of fruits and vegetables can I juice with the Cuisinart CJE-1000?
A: The Cuisinart CJE-1000 can juice a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, including hard produce like apples and carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, citrus fruits, and soft fruits like berries and grapes. It is versatile enough to handle most common juicing ingredients.
Q: Is the Cuisinart CJE-1000 easy to clean?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CJE-1000 is designed for easy cleaning. Most of the removable parts are dishwasher safe, including the juice pitcher, pulp container, and filter. The stainless steel cutting disc can be easily cleaned with the provided cleaning brush. It is recommended to clean the juicer shortly after use to prevent any residue from drying and becoming harder to remove.
Q: Does the Cuisinart CJE-1000 come with any warranty?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juice Extractor is backed by a limited three-year warranty from the date of purchase. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship, providing you with peace of mind and protection against potential issues.
Q: Can I make nut milk or soy milk with the Cuisinart CJE-1000?
A: No, the Cuisinart CJE-1000 is primarily designed for extracting juice from fruits and vegetables. It is not specifically designed for making nut milk or soy milk. For making nut or soy milk, you may need a specialized appliance like a blender or a dedicated nut milk maker.
Q: How noisy is the Cuisinart CJE-1000 while in operation?
A: Like most centrifugal juicers, the Cuisinart CJE-1000 can produce some noise while in operation due to its high-speed motor. However, the noise level is generally within a reasonable range and comparable to other similar juicers on the market.
Q: Can I juice leafy greens effectively with the Cuisinart CJE-1000?
A: While the Cuisinart CJE-1000 can juice leafy greens, it may not be as efficient as a masticating juicer specifically designed for extracting juice from greens. Centrifugal juicers like the CJE-1000 are more suitable for hard fruits and vegetables, but you can still juice leafy greens by combining them with firmer produce or pre-cutting them into smaller pieces.
Q: Does the Cuisinart CJE-1000 have any safety features?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CJE-1000 includes several safety features. It has a safety locking arm system that ensures the juicer will not operate unless the arm is securely locked in place. The juicer also features overload protection, which automatically shuts off the motor if it senses excessive load or overheating.
Q: Can I make juice in large quantities with the Cuisinart CJE-1000?
A: Yes, the Cuisinart CJE-1000 is designed to handle larger quantities of juice. It has a large pulp container and juice pitcher, allowing you to continuously juice without frequently emptying the containers. However, keep in mind that it’s always best to consume fresh juice immediately for maximum freshness and nutritional benefits.
For more manuals for Cuisinart, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Cuisinart-CJE-1000-Juice-Extractor-User-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]