Bose Wave music system IV
Bose is a company that designs and manufactures audio equipment, including speakers, headphones, and home theater systems. The company was founded in 1964 by Dr. Amar G. Bose, an MIT professor, and audio engineer. Bose is known for its high-quality sound systems and innovative technology. The company also sells automotive sound systems, professional audio equipment, and noise-canceling technology.
Important Safety Instructions
Please read this owner’s guide carefully and save it for future reference.
The lightning flash with an arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle alerts the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the system enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electrical shock.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle, as marked on the system, is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance instructions in this owner’s guide.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not expose the product to rain or moisture.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing, and do not place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on or near the apparatus. As with any electronic product, use care not to spill liquids into any part of the system. Liquids can cause a failure and/or a fire hazard.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. Do not ingest batteries, chemical burn hazard. The remote control supplied with this product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think the battery may have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body seek immediate medical attention. May explode or cause a fire or chemical burn if incorrectly replaced or mishandled. Do not recharge, disassemble, heat above 212°F (100°C), or incinerate. Replace only with an agency-approved (ex. UL) CR2032 or DL2032 3-volt lithium battery. Dispose of used batteries promptly.
- Do not place any naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on or near the apparatus.
- To prevent electric shock, match the wide blade of the line cord plug to the wide slot of the AC (mains) receptacle. Insert fully.
WARNING: This product contains magnetic material. Contact your physician if you have questions on whether this might affect the operation of your implantable medical device.
WARNING: Contains small parts which may be a choking hazard. Not suitable for children under age 3.
- Make no modifications to the system or accessories. Unauthorized alterations may compromise the safety, regulatory compliance, and system performance.
- Long-term exposure to loud music may cause hearing damage. It is best to avoid extreme volume when using headphones, especially for extended periods.
- Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure from the internal laser component. The compact disc player should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except properly qualified service personnel.
- The DAB antenna connector on this unit is not intended to be connected to a CATV system.
- The product label is located on the bottom of the product.
- The product must be used indoors. It is neither designed nor tested for use outdoors, in recreational vehicles, or on boats.
- Where the mains plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the such disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
Read these instructions
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way: such as a power supply cord or plug is damaged; liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus; the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Bose Corporation hereby declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU and all other applicable EU directive requirements.
The complete declaration of conformity can be found at: www.Bose.com/compliance
Product data logger
This system features a product data logger that is designed to help Bose better understand product usage and performance over time. The product data logger records certain technical data and usage history, including but not limited to volume levels, on/off data, user settings, source inputs, power output, and setup data. We may use this data to provide you with better service and support on your system and to improve product design in the future.
Special equipment is required to read the data stored by the product data logger and such data can only be retrieved by Bose if your system is returned to Bose for service or as returned merchandise. The product data logger does not collect any personally identifiable information about you and does not record the title, genre, or other information about the media content you access while using your system.
About your Wave® Music System IV, Your Wave® Music System IV provides an elegant way to bring high-quality sound into any room.
- The display provides access to system settings and information.
- AUX connector enables playback from an audio device.
- Headphone connector for private listening.
- FM/AM tuner delivers precise radio reception.
- CD drive provides access to even more music.
- Remote control for point-and-click control from up to 20 feet away
The demonstration CD
We encourage you to listen to the demonstration music CD included in the carton. Simply insert the demonstration disc and your Wave® Music System IV will play the CD automatically. For more details, see “Playing audio CDs” on page 10.
The benefits of research
Over fourteen years of research by Bose Corporation brings you the benefits of award-winning proprietary acoustic waveguide speaker technology. Using this technology, a tube efficiently transfers energy from a small speaker to the outside air over a wide range of low frequencies.
And, long waveguides, folded into intricate patterns, fit into products small enough to be placed comfortably in your home. Your Wave® Music System IV features dual tapered waveguide speaker technology, connecting two speakers to two 26″ tapered waveguides which combine to deliver performance well beyond the size of the system.
Carefully unpack the carton and confirm that the following parts are included.
May ship with multiple power cords. Use the power cord for your region.
Note: If part of the system is damaged, do not use it. Contact your authorized Bose® dealer or Bose customer service. Refer to the quick start guide in the carton for contact information. Save the carton and packing materials for transporting or storing the system.
Setting Up the System
- To enjoy the maximum audio performance:
- Place the system across the room from where you listen.
- Place the system within two feet of a wall, and avoid placing directly in a corner.
- Place the system on a flat, stable surface.
- Do not place the system on a metal surface. It could interfere with AM reception.
- Do not place the system on a heat-sensitive surface. Like all electrical equipment, it generates some heat.
- Do not use the system in a damp location or any other place where moisture can get inside.
Connecting to power
- Insert the small end of the power cord into the AC POWER connector.
- Plug the power cord into an AC (mains) power outlet.
Setting the clock After plugging in the system, set the clock using the remote.
- Press and hold either Time – or Time + for about one second.
Note: Press-and-hold operations require holding the button down for about one second. Initially, HOLD TO SET appears on the display and then quickly changes to – CLOCK SET – as the button is depressed.
Initially, HOLD TO SET appears on the display and then quickly changes to – CLOCK SET – as the button is depressed.
- Release the selected Time button.
- Press Time – to adjust the displayed time backward or press Time + to adjust the displayed time forward until it matches the current time. You can also press and hold for rapid adjustment.
- Wait five seconds for the system to exit clock setup mode.
- To change the clock from 12-hour (AM/PM) time to 24-hour time, see “Changing a system setting” on page 15.
- If the system loses power due to a power outage or if you unplug the system, all system settings are permanently retained. However, the clock time is only temporarily stored in backup memory for up to 48 hours.
Remote control buttons
Use the remote control to operate the system. Aim the remote at the display and press the buttons. The remote works within 20 feet of the display.
Touchpad The system has a touch-sensitive control pad on the top panel. Momentarily placing your hand on the touchpad can power on or off the system, snooze a sounding alarm, and reset it for the next day (see page 12).
- Press-and-hold operations require holding the button down for about one second.
- Pressing automatically powers on the system to the selected source
Reading the display
Powering on or off the system
- Press on the remote control
- Touch the touchpad.
- The last source you were listening to is active.
Alternatively: Press any source button to power the system onto that source.
- Selecting AUX does not power on a device connected to AUX IN (such as a media player). Power on the device first.
- After 24 hours of no button presses, the system switches to standby (off). If the 20-minute system standby timer (page 15) is enabled, the system switches to standby if no audio is played and no buttons are pressed for 20 minutes.
Setting the Sleep timer
- Press SLEEP to set the system to shut off after a selected period of time.
- After pressing SLEEP, SLEEP – 30 MIN (or your last setting) appears on the display and the sleep timer begins counting down. If the system is off, press SLEEP to power on and immediately set the sleep time. The last source selected will start playing as the sleep timer counts down.
- While the SLEEP setting is displayed, press SLEEP again to set the sleep timer to 10-90 minutes (in 10-minute increments) or OFF.
Note: If more than 10 seconds elapse between button presses, the system automatically exits the sleep timer setup mode.
- To review the remaining sleep time, press SLEEP.
- To cancel the sleep timer, press and release SLEEP until SLEEP – OFF appears on the display.
FAQs About Bose Wave music system IV
What is the Bose Wave music system IV?
The Bose Wave music system IV is a compact and versatile music system that provides high-quality audio performance. It includes an AM/FM radio tuner, CD player, Bluetooth connectivity, and an auxiliary input for connecting other audio devices.
What are the dimensions of the Bose Wave music system IV?
The dimensions of the Bose Wave music system IV are 4.2″ H x 14.6″ W x 8.7″ D (10.7 cm x 37.0 cm x 22.0 cm).
Can the Bose Wave music system IV play MP3 files?
Yes, the Bose Wave music system IV can play MP3 files from CDs and through the auxiliary input using a compatible audio device.
Does the Bose Wave music system IV come with a remote control?
Yes, the Bose Wave music system IV comes with a remote control that allows you to control the system’s functions from a distance.
Can the Bose Wave music system IV be wall-mounted?
No, the Bose Wave music system IV is not designed to be wall-mounted. It is designed to be placed on a tabletop or other flat surfaces.
Does the Bose Wave music system IV have Wi-Fi connectivity?
No, the Bose Wave music system IV does not have Wi-Fi connectivity. However, it does have Bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to stream audio wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or another Bluetooth-enabled device.
Can you use headphones with the Bose Wave music system IV?
Yes, the Bose Wave music system IV has a headphone jack that allows you to listen to your music through headphones.
What is the warranty on the Bose Wave music system IV?
The Bose Wave music system IV comes with a one-year limited warranty.
For more manuals by Bose, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Bose-Wave-music-system-IV.pdf” download=”all”]