Bose F1 Subwoofer
Bose is a company that designs and manufactures audio equipment, including speakers, headphones, and home theater systems. The company was founded in 1964 by Dr. Amar G. Bose, an MIT professor, and audio engineer. Bose is known for its high-quality sound systems and innovative technology. The company also sells automotive sound systems, professional audio equipment, and noise-canceling technology.
Important Safety Instructions
Please read this owner’s guide carefully and save it for future reference.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not expose the product to rain or moisture.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing, and do not place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on or near the apparatus. As with any electronic product, use care not to spill liquids into any part of the system. Liquids can cause a failure and/or a fire hazard.
- Do not place any naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on or near the apparatus.
- The lightning flash with an arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle alerts the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the system enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electrical shock.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle, as marked on the system, is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance instructions in this owner’s guide. This product contains magnetic material.
- Please contact your physician if you have any questions on whether this might affect the operation of your implantable medical device. Contains small parts which may be a choking hazard. Not suitable for children under age 3.
- This product shall be connected to a main socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
- Do not make unauthorized alterations to the product; doing so may compromise the safety, regulatory compliance, and system performance, and may void the warranty.
- Where the mains plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, such disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
The product must be used indoors. It is neither designed nor tested for use outdoors, in recreational vehicles, or on boats.
- This product conforms to all applicable EU directive requirements. The complete Declaration of Conformity can be found at www.Bose.com/compliance
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, under part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used by the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at their own expense. This Class A digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by Bose Corporation could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way: such as a power supply cord or plug is damaged; liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus; the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Please complete and retain it for your records Now is a good time to record the serial numbers of your product. Serial numbers can be found on the rear panel. You can register your product online at www.Bose.com/register or by calling 877-335-2673. Failure to do so will not affect your warranty rights.
- F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker
- F1 Subwoofer
The Bose® F1 Model 812 Flexible Array Loudspeaker is the first powered portable loudspeaker that lets you control its vertical coverage pattern. Simply push or pull the array into position to create “Straight,” “C,” “J” or “Reverse J” coverage patterns. And once set, the system automatically changes the EQ to maintain the optimum tonal balance for each coverage pattern.
So whether you’re playing at floor level, on a stage, or facing raked seats or bleachers, you can now adapt your PA to match the room. Engineered with an array of eight high-output mid/high drivers, a high-powered 12″ woofer, and a lower crossover point, the loudspeaker delivers high SPL performance while maintaining vocal and midrange clarity that’s dramatically better than conventional loudspeakers.
For extended bass response, the Bose F1 Subwoofer packs all the power of a larger bass box into a more compact design that’s easier to carry and fits in a car. A mounting stand for the loudspeaker is integrated right into the body of the subwoofer, so you always know where it is, making setup fast and easy. The stand even includes cable channels to neatly hide the wires.
The loudspeaker and subwoofer each have 1,000 watts of power, so you can fill nearly any venue with sound. And now getting there is easier, too. The loudspeaker and subwoofer feature lightweight, high-impact composite materials and strategically placed handles for easy transport. For the first time, the F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker allows you to focus sound where it’s needed. So no matter where you perform, your PA has you covered.
Features and Benefits
- The flexible, eight-loudspeaker array of the F1 Model 812 allows you to select one of four coverage patterns to direct sound to where the audience is located resulting in better overall clarity throughout the venue.
- The vertical orientation of the eight-driver loudspeaker array helps deliver wide, consistent sound coverage, providing better clarity and tonal balance for speech, music, and instruments.
- F1 Subwoofer provides a unique built-in speaker stand for the F1 Model 812, eliminating the need for a conventional pole mount.
- The attractive design creates a unique system with a rugged but professional look.
- The bi-amplified design includes powerful, lightweight amplifiers that provide consistent output over long durations with extended dynamic range and lower operating temperatures.
Each loudspeaker is packaged separately with the items indicated below.
F1 Model 812 Flexible Array Loudspeaker
Note: The F1 Model 812 comes with threaded M8 inserts for rigging or attaching accessory brackets.
CAUTION: Only professional installers with the knowledge of proper hardware and safe mounting techniques should
attempt to install any loudspeaker overhead.
Using the Flexible Array
You can shape the coverage pattern by moving the position of the top and bottom array. The array position is held in place by magnets that trigger internal sensors that adjust EQ according to the array shape.
Adjusting the array
Four coverage patterns
- Straight pattern Pull the top and bottom array out
- J pattern Pull the top array out and push the bottom array in.
- Reverse-J pattern Push the top array in and pull the bottom array out.
- C pattern Push the top and bottom array in.
- Straight pattern Use the straight pattern when the audience is standing and their heads are approximately at the same height as the loudspeaker.
- Reverse-J pattern The reverse-J pattern is good for an audience in raked seating that starts at loudspeaker height and extends above the top of the loudspeaker.
- J Pattern The J pattern works well when the loudspeaker is up on a raised stage and the audience is seated below the floor.
- C pattern Use the C pattern for raked seating in an auditorium when the first row is on the floor with the loudspeaker.
Setting Up the System
Using the F1 Model 812 with the F1 Subwoofer
The built-in loudspeaker stand is stored in the rear of the subwoofer. Setting up the F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker with the F1 Subwoofer is easy:
- Remove the built-in speaker stand from the back of the F1 Subwoofer and insert it into the stand slots.
- Lift the F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker and place it on the stand.
- Plug in your audio cables. Feed the cables from the F1 Model 812 through the channels in the speaker stand to help keep them organized.
Using the F1 Model 812 on a Tripod Stand
The bottom of the F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker includes a pole cup for mounting the loudspeaker on a tripod speaker stand. The pole cup fits a standard 35 mm post.
Do not use the F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker with an unstable tripod stand. The loudspeaker is only designed for use on a 35 mm pole, and the tripod stand must be capable of supporting a loudspeaker with a minimum weight of 44.5 lb (20.2 Kg) lbs and an overall size of 26.1″ H x 13.1″ W x 14.6″ D (665 mm H x 334 mm W x 373 mm D) inches (mm). Using a tripod stand that is not designed to support the size and mass of the F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker may lead to an unstable and hazardous condition that could result in injury
FAQs Bose F1 Subwoofer
What is the frequency range of the Bose F1 subwoofer?
The Bose F1 subwoofer has a frequency range of 38 Hz – 150 Hz.
What is the maximum SPL of the Bose F1 subwoofer?
The maximum SPL of the Bose F1 subwoofer is 130 dB SPL.
What is the power rating of the Bose F1 subwoofer?
The Bose F1 subwoofer has a power rating of 1,000 watts.
What are the dimensions of the Bose F1 subwoofer?
The Bose F1 subwoofer measures 27″ H x 16.1″ W x 17.6″ D.
What kind of inputs does the Bose F1 subwoofer have?
The Bose F1 subwoofer has two inputs: one XLR input and one 1/4″ input.
Can the Bose F1 subwoofer be used with other speakers?
Yes, the Bose F1 subwoofer can be used with other speakers. It is designed to be part of the Bose F1 system, which includes the F1 Model 812 flexible array loudspeaker, but it can also be used with other speakers.
What is the weight of the Bose F1 subwoofer?
The Bose F1 subwoofer weighs 55 pounds.
Is the Bose F1 subwoofer portable?
Yes, the Bose F1 subwoofer is portable. It has built-in handles and can be easily transported.
For more manuals by Bose, Visit Manusladock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Bose-F1-Subwoofer.pdf” download=”all”]