BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum
ABOUT BLACK DECKER
BLACK+DECKER is an American manufacturer of power tools, home appliances, and other hardware products. The company was founded in 1910 in Baltimore, Maryland by S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker, and has since become a well-known brand in the United States and around the world.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury:
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Do not allow it to be used as a toy.
- Do not use without a dust bag and/or filters in place.
- Do not charge the unit outdoors.
- Shock Hazard. To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not put the unit or charging base in water or other liquid.
- Do not use dry hand vacs to pick up liquids, toxic substances, or flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use wet/dry hand vacs to pick up toxic substances, or flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
- Shock Hazard. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or charger or after the appliance malfunctions, is left outdoors, dropped into water, or is damaged in any manner.
- Return the appliance to any authorized service facility.
- Do not use dry hand vacs outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the charger or base by the cord or yank to disconnect from an outlet; instead, grasp the charger and pull to disconnect. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not pull the cord around sharp edges or corners.
- Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces The unit should be placed or mounted away from sinks and hot surfaces.
- Do not use an extension cord. Plug the charger directly into an electrical outlet.
- Use the charger only in a standard electrical outlet (120V/60Hz).
- Do not attempt to use the charger with any other product; do not attempt to charge this product with any other charger. Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of the body away from openings and moving parts.
- Do not insert accessories when the unit is running.
- Shock Hazard. Do not handle plugs or appliances with wet hands.
- Do not put any objects into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Fire Hazard. Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches, or hot ashes.
- Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
- Use extra caution when cleaning on stairs.
- This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only the manufacturerʼs recommended attachments.
- Unplug the charger from the outlet before any routine cleaning or maintenance.
- This product includes rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries. Do not incinerate batteries as they will explode at high temperatures.
- If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash the area with mild soap and water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the open eye for 15 minutes or until irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the battery electrolyte for Lithium Ion batteries is composed of a mixture of liquid organic carbonates and lithium salts.
- On/off switch
- Bowl release button
- Charging indicator
- Nozzle release button
- Nozzle rotating button
- Extendable crevice tool
- Flip-up Brush
- Charger base
- Cloth filter
- Plastic pre-filter
Charging the battery
- Place the appliance on the charging base as shown.
- Plug in the charger. The charging indicator will flash continuously (slowly).
- Leave the appliance to charge. While charging, the charger may get warm, this is perfectly normal and safe. The charging indicator will be lit as long as the appliance is connected to the plugged-in charger.
- It can remain on charge indefinitely without damage or danger.
- It is not possible to “overcharge” the battery cells with the charger provided.
If the appliance detects a weak battery, the charging indicator will flash at a fast rate.
Proceed as follows:
- Place the appliance on the charging base.
- Plug in the charger.
- Leave the appliance to charge.
If the appliance detects a damaged battery, the charging indicator will flash at a fast rate when the appliance is on the charger base. Proceed as follows:
Take the appliance and the charger to be tested at an authorized service facility.
Note: It may take as long as 60 minutes to determine that the battery is defective. If the battery is too hot or too cold, the LED will alternately blink, fast and slow, one flash at each speed and repeat.
Replacing the filters
The filters should be replaced every 6 to 9 months and whenever worn or damaged. Replacement filters are available from your Black+Decker dealer.
Visit www.blackanddecker.com to locate dealers.
- Remove the old filters as described above.
- Fit the new filters as described above.
Bowls and filters can be washed thoroughly; however, use only mild soap and a damp cloth to clean the main part of the vacuum.
IMPORTANT: To assure product SAFETY and RELIABILITY, repairs, maintenance, and adjustment (other than those listed in this manual) should be performed by authorized service centers or other qualified service personnel, always using identical replacement parts.
If the product does not work, check the following:
- The charge indicator light is flashing when the unit is connected to the charger.
- The charger was correctly plugged in for recharge. (It feels slightly warm to the touch.)
- The charger cord is not damaged and is correctly attached.
- The charger is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- The switch is in the “OFF” position when charging.
For assistance with your product, visit our website www.blackanddecker.com for the location of the service center nearest you or call the Black+Decker help line at 1-800-544-6986.
Battery Removal and Disposal
This product uses Lithium Ion rechargeable and recyclable batteries. When the batteries no longer hold a charge, they should be removed from the Vac and recycled. They must not be incinerated or composted. The batteries can be taken for disposal to a Black+Decker, Company-Owned or Authorized Service Center. Some local retailers are also participating in a national recycling program (see “RBRC TM Seal”).
Call your local retailer for details. If you bring the batteries to a Black+Decker Company-Owned or Authorized Service Center, the Center will arrange to recycle old batteries. Or, contact your local municipality for proper disposal instructions in your city/town.
To remove the battery pack for disposal:
- First, before attempting to disassemble the product, turn it on and leave it on until the motor completely stops insuring a complete discharge of the batteries.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the seven screws securing the two housing halves.
- Lift the housing cover away from the assembly.
- Detach all lead connections from the battery pack.
- Remove the battery pack and dispose of it as per recommended guidelines.
The RBRC™ Seal
The RBRC™ (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) Seal on the Lithium Ion battery (or battery pack) indicates that the costs to recycle the battery (or battery pack) at the end of its useful life have already been paid by Black+Decker. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent Lithium Ion batteries in the trash or municipal solid waste stream and the RBRC program provides an environmentally conscious alternative.
RBRC in cooperation with Black+Decker and other battery users, has established programs in the United States and Canada to facilitate the collection of spent Lithium Ion batteries. Help protect our environment and conserve natural resources by returning the spent Lithium Ion battery to an authorized Black+Decker service center or to your local retailer for recycling. You may also contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent battery, or call 1-800-8-BATTERY.
All Black+Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the Black+Decker location nearest you. To find your local service location, call: 1-800-544-6986 or visit www.blackanddecker.com
Limited Two-Year Home Use Warranty
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years following the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in a home environment. This limited warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, accidental damage or when repairs have been made or attempted by anyone other than Black+Decker and its Authorized Service Centers. A defective product meeting the guarantee conditions set forth herein will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of two ways:
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from whom it was purchased (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be made within the time period of the retailer’s policy for exchanges. Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with the retailer for its specific return policy regarding time limits for returns or exchanges. The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black+Decker-owned or authorized Service Center for repair or replacement at Black+Decker’s option. Proof of purchase may be required. Black+Decker-owned and authorized service centers are listed online at www.blackanddecker.com.
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Should you have any questions, contact the manager of your nearest Black+Decker Service Center. This product is not intended for commercial use, and accordingly, such commercial use of this product will void this warranty. All other warranties, express or implied, are hereby disclaimed.
LATIN AMERICA: This warranty does not apply to products sold in Latin America. For products sold in Latin America, check country-specific warranty information contained in the packaging, call the local company, or see the website for such information. free warning label replacement: If your warning labels become illegible or are missing, call 1-800-544-6986 for a free replacement.
FAQs BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum
What is the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum?
The BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum is a portable and cordless vacuum cleaner designed for quick and convenient cleaning tasks. It is part of the Dustbuster series by BLACK & DECKER, known for its handheld vacuum cleaners.
How does the CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean work?
The CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean works by creating a powerful suction through its motorized fan. When you turn on the vacuum, the fan spins rapidly, creating airflow that draws in dirt, dust, and debris. The cyclonic action helps to separate the larger particles from the air, preventing clogging and maintaining suction power. The collected dirt is stored in a bagless dirt bowl, and the air is expelled through a filter to keep it clean.
How long does the battery of the CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean last?
The CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean features a lithium-ion battery that provides a longer runtime compared to traditional NiCad batteries. The actual runtime depends on various factors such as the cleaning mode, the type of surface being cleaned, and the age and condition of the battery. On average, the CHV1410L can provide a runtime of around 15-20 minutes on a full charge.
How do I charge the CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean?
To charge the CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean, you need to connect the charging base to a power outlet and place the vacuum in the charging base. Make sure the charging base is plugged in and the vacuum is properly aligned with the charging contacts. The vacuum’s battery will start charging automatically when placed in the charging base. It is recommended to leave the vacuum in the charging base between uses to ensure it’s always ready for cleaning.
Is the filter of the CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean replaceable?
Yes, the filter of the CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean is replaceable. Over time, the filter may become dirty or clogged with debris, affecting the vacuum’s performance. BLACK & DECKER provides replacement filters for the Dustbuster
AdvancedClean model. You can purchase genuine replacement filters from authorized retailers or the BLACK & DECKER website.
How much does the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum weigh?
The BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum weighs approximately 2.6 pounds (1.2 kilograms). Its lightweight design makes it easy to carry and maneuver during cleaning tasks.
What is the dirt capacity of the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean?
The BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean has a dirt bowl with a capacity of 20.6 ounces (0.6 liters). This allows for a decent amount of debris and dust to be collected before needing to be emptied.
Does the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean have a power control feature?
No, the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean does not have a power control feature. It operates at a consistent power level for efficient cleaning.
Can the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean be wall-mounted for storage?
Yes, the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean comes with a wall-mounting bracket that allows you to conveniently store and charge the vacuum on the wall. This helps save space and keeps the vacuum readily accessible.
What is the voltage of the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean?
The BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean operates on 14.4 volts.
How loud is the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean during operation?
The noise level of the BLACK & DECKER CHV1410L dustbuster AdvancedClean is around 76-80 decibels. It is relatively quiet compared to larger vacuum cleaners, but it is always a good idea to wear ear protection when using any vacuum cleaner for an extended period.
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/BLACK-DECKER-CHV1410L-dustbuster-AdvancedClean-Cordless-Handheld-Vacuum.pdf” download=”all”]