Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner
For more than five generations, BISSELL, a family-owned firm, has been a pioneer in the homecare industry. We are dedicated to learning about our customers’ daily routines and cleaning requirements. The BISSELL foundation creates clever, inventive, yet workable solutions for household cleaning that are motivated by reality.
Thank you for buying a BISSELL Little Green
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL Little Green. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system. By purchasing this product you are helping BISSELL with our commitment to reducing our impact on the environment through an expanding range of sustainable design efforts.
Your Little Green is well made, and we back it with a limited one-year warranty. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Services department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance. My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high-quality homecare products like your Little Green. Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.
BISSELL consumer service
For information about repairs or replacement parts, or questions about your warranty, call:
BISSELL Consumer Services
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. — 10 p.m. ET
Saturday 9 a.m. — 8 p.m. ET
BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
PO Box 3606
Grand Rapids, MI 49501
ATTN: Consumer Services
Or visit the BISSELL website – www.bissell.com
When contacting BISSELL, have the model number of the unit available.
Please record your Model Number: _______________
Please record your Purchase Date: ______________
NOTE: Please keep your original sales receipt. It is your proof of warranty.
Thank you for selecting a BISSELL product.
If you should happen to need assistance during assembly or operation, call 1-800-237-7691.
Please do not return this product to the store. For any questions or concerns, BISSELL is happy to be of service. Contact us directly at 1-800-237-7691.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using your LITTLE GREEN®
WARNING: To reduce
the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not use it for any purpose other than described in this User’s Guide.
- Use only BISSELL cleaning products intended for use in this appliance.
- Use only the manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not expose to rain, store indoors.
- Do not handle the LITTLE GREEN® plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not leave LITTLE GREEN® when it is plugged in.
- Do not put any objects into appliance openings or use them with blocked openings. Keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Do not expose hair, loose clothing, fingers, or body parts to openings or moving parts.
- Keep the appliance on a level surface.
- Be extra careful when cleaning stairs.
- Do not carry the appliance while in use.
- Never spray at people or animals.
- Do not allow it to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Do not pick up hot or burning objects.
- Do not pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the presence of explosive liquids or vapor.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, gasoline, etc.).
- Do not use appliances in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some moth-proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use the cord as a handle, close door on the cord, pull the cord around sharp corners or edges, run the appliance over the cord, or expose the cord to heated surfaces.
- Do not use a damaged cord or plug.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Unplug before attaching the TurboBrush.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Do not use LITTLE GREEN® if it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water. Have it repaired at an Authorized Service Center.
- Unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord.
- Always connect to a properly grounded outlet; see grounding instructions.
- Do not modify the 3-prong grounded plug.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance must be connected to a grounded wiring system. If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a safe path of least resistance to electrical current, reducing the risk of electrical shock. The cord for this appliance has an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. It must only be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded by all local codes and ordinances.
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electrical shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you aren’t sure if the outlet is properly grounded. DO NOT MODIFY THE PLUG. If it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
This appliance is designed for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit and has a grounding attachment plug that looks like the plug in the drawing above. Make certain that the appliance is connected to an outlet having the same configuration as the plug. No plug adapter should be used with this appliance. This model is for household use only.
Assembling your Little Green is a simple process.
- Take the flex hose clip and slide the back plate into the opening on the front of the unit. You will hear a “snap” when it is locked in place.
- Take the vacuum flex hose storage bracket and slide the lower plate into the opening on the back of the unit. Make sure the screw holes line up.
- Insert the screw and tighten it with a screwdriver.
- Wrap the flex hose around the unit and place the hose grip into the bracket. Turn the bracket latch counterclockwise to lock it in place.
Do not use an extension cord with this product. The use of an extension cord may result in a severe electrical shock, particularly if the extension cord does not have an electrical rating higher than that of the product, OR if the extension cord does not have a three-prong grounding plug, and if the extension cord is not plugged into a circuit box with a ground fault circuit interrupter. Safety precautions such as keeping all connections off the ground and dry will not eliminate the danger.
Use only BISSELL Little Green formula in your cleaner. The use of cleaning formulas that contain lemon or pine oil may damage this appliance and void the warranty. Chemical spot cleaners or solvent-based soil removers also should not be used. These products may react with the plastic materials used in your cleaner, causing cracking or pitting.
- To fill the clean/solution tank.
- A. Remove the tank by lifting it straight up and then away from the unit.
- B. Unscrew the black cap at the bottom of the clean/solution tank and remove the bottle insert.
- C. Add BISSELL Little Green formula to the FORMULA fill line (8 oz.) on the clean/solution tank. Fill the clean/solution tank with hot (NOT boiling) tap water to the WATER fill line. Replace the bottle insert and tighten the black cap.
- D. Replace the clean/solution tank by lining up the vertical guides on the left side of the unit with the indentations on the clean/solution tank and gently sliding it down into position.
- Release the vacuum flex hose by twisting the bracket latch clockwise. Unwrap the vacuum flex hose completely from around unit.
- Attach the tough stain brush tool to the spray trigger unit by pressing the tool onto the spray trigger firmly until the button lock snaps into the hole. Make certain the tool is securely attached.
- Twist the Quick Release cord wrap clockwise to unwrap the power cord completely from onboard cord storage and plug it into the 120 Volt grounded outlet, as described in Important Safety Instructions, page 3.
- Press and hold the spray trigger—the spray will start in a few seconds. Raise the tool slightly to check for spray.
Cleaning effectiveness will be enhanced if you pre-treat heavily stained or highly-soiled areas. Here’s how to do it:
- Hold the cleaning tool just above the surface of the carpet or upholstery to be cleaned. Press the trigger to release a spray of cleaning solution directly onto the soiled area.
- Wait 3-5 minutes before cleaning.
Do not use this product while on any type of ladder. Do not place the product in a place where it will be stepped on or kicked while in use. Do not place the product on an elevated surface where it may be pulled off the surface while in use.
Check the manufacturer’s tag before cleaning the upholstery. “W” or “WS” on the tag means you can use your Little Green. If tag is coded with an “S” (with diagonal strike-through), or says “Dry Clean Only,” do not proceed. If the manufacturer’s tag is missing or not coded, check with your furniture dealer.
Deep cleaning stairs and high-traffic areas regularly can prolong carpet life.
Check upholstery stuffing before cleaning. Colored stuffing may bleed through the fabric when it becomes wet.
Cleaning with your Little Green
- Hold the tool approximately 1” above the soiled surface. Press the spray trigger to apply the cleaning solution to the soiled area.
- Using the brush on the tool, gently scrub the area to be cleaned.
- For thorough cleaning, spray additional solution while the brush and suction are in contact with the surface.
- Apply downward pressure on the tool and pull it toward you. The suction will remove the dirt and clean the solution. Continue until no more dirt can be removed.
- As a final step, use “drying strokes” (by not pressing the spray trigger) to remove as much liquid/moisture as possible. Repeat this step as often as necessary.
Maintenance and care
Before turning off the Little Green, vacuum up clean water to thoroughly rinse out the interior of the vacuum flex hose. Then, lift the cleaning tool and point it upwards to drain any remaining water into the dirty/ collection tank.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
Note: If a significant amount of Little Green formula/water remains, it is all right to leave it in the clean/solution tank for your next cleaning task.
- Empty and rinse the dirty/collection tank after each use, OR when dirty water reaches the indicated maximum fill line. To remove the tank, lift the dirty/collection tank release latch and remove the tank from the unit.
- Disconnect the cleaning tool from the spray trigger by pushing down the button lock and pulling it straight off.
(Do NOT twist the tool to remove it)
- Once removed from the spray trigger, clean the tool by rinsing it under running water.
- Check the spray nozzle for accumulated dirt or debris. If necessary, clean with a soft bristle brush.
Keep the spray away from the face. Failure to do so may result in personal injury.
- Wipe all surfaces with a soft cloth.
- Wrap the power cord around the cord wrap on the back of the Little Green.
- Wrap a vacuum flex hose around the base of the unit and secure the spray trigger.
- Store the unit in a protected, dry area, at room temperature (40º to 110ºF).
Reduced spray or no spray
- Spray nozzle clogged
- Clean/solution tank empty
- Clean/solution tank insert clogged
- Pump needs priming
- Clean spray nozzle
- Check/fill the tank
- Clean insert at bottom of clean/solution tank
- Gently lift the clean/solution tank while depressing the spray trigger OR gently squeeze the clean tank while depressing the spray trigger
Deep cleaner won’t pick up the cleaning solution
- The tank release latch is not closed properly
- Poor upholstery/carpet tool position
- The dirty/collection tank is full
- Upholstery/carpet tool brush worn
- The excess solution in the vacuum flex hose
- Incorrect cleaning formula
- Lift the tank release latch and press down firmly to make sure it is in place
- Reposition upholstery/carpet tool on the surface, and follow recommended cleaning procedures
- Empty dirty/collection tank
- Replace with new brush
- Lift the tool and point upwards to allow water in the hose to flow into the dirty/collection tank
- Use BISSELL Little Green formula only
Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative.
You may purchase replacement parts from your retailer, by calling BISSELL Consumer Services or by visiting our website. To locate a retailer near you, or to place an order using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, call BISSELL Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. — 10 p.m. ET Saturday 9 a.m. — 8 p.m. ET
Or visit our Website – www.bissell.com
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. If you need additional instruction regarding this warranty or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services by E-mail, telephone, or regular mail as described below.
Limited Year Warranty
Subject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, upon receipt of the product BISSELL Homecare, Inc. will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, for one year any defective or malfunctioning part.
See the information below on “If your BISSELL product should require service”.
This warranty applies to products used for personal, and not commercial or rental services. This warranty does not apply to fans or routine maintenance components such as filters, belts, or brushes. Damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not by the User’s Guide is not covered.
If your BISSELL product should require service:
Contact BISSELL Consumer Services to locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center in your area.
If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Website or E-mail: Or Call:
www.bissell.com BISSELL Consumer Services Use the “Customer Services” tab. 1-800-237-7691
BISSELL Homecare, Inc. PO Box 3606
BISSELL HOMECARE, INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. BISSELL’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND INSTEAD OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EITHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE ONE-YEAR DURATION FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Please register your new BISSELL product at www.bissell.com/productregistration
©2008 BISSELL Homecare, Inc Grand Rapids, Michigan
All rights reserved. Printed in China Part Number 120-4068
Visit our website at: www.bissell.com
FAQs Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner
What is the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner?
The Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner is a portable carpet cleaner designed to clean carpets, upholstery, and other surfaces.
What type of surfaces can the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner?
The Bissell 1400B can clean carpets, upholstery, stairs, and other surfaces.
What is the capacity of the water tank?
The water tank of the Bissell 1400B has a capacity of 48 ounces.
Does the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner have a cleaning solution tank?
Yes, the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner has a separate cleaning solution tank with a capacity of 8 ounces.
What is the power rating of the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner?
The Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner has a power rating of 3 amps.
How does the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner?
The Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner uses a combination of suction and brushing action to clean carpets. It also sprays a cleaning solution onto the carpet before suctioning it back up, removing dirt and stains.
Is the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner easy to use?
Yes, the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner is designed to be easy to use. It is lightweight and portable, and it comes with a variety of attachments to make cleaning different surfaces easier.
Is the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner easy to clean?
Yes, the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner is easy to clean. The water tank and cleaning solution tank are removable and can be washed in the sink or dishwasher. The brush and nozzle attachments can also be cleaned easily.
Does the Bissell 1400B come with a warranty?
Yes, the Bissell 1400B Little Green Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner comes with a one-year limited warranty.
For more manuals by BISSELL, visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Bissell-1400B-Little-Green-Multi-Purpose-Carpet-Cleaner-Installation-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]