Balance KH 5503 Digital Scale
- Maximum load-bearing capacity: 180 kg/396 Ib
- Minimum measurable weight: 2 kg/4.4 lb
- Selectable measurement units: kg/lb
- Scaling: 0.1 kg/0.2 lb
- Operating temperature: 40°C +/- 10 °C
- Display for low battery power
- Overload display
- Fault display
- Powered by 2 lithium batteries CR2032
These digital glass scale is exclusively intended
- as personal scale
- for use in private households
Place of Assembly
The glass scale contains sensitive electronic components and must therefore not be installed
- close to heat sources
- in environments that are exposed to extreme humidity
- Remove the insulation tape on the battery compartment
- Set the desired measurement unit by pressing the button in the battery compartment
- Place your glass scale on a flat, solid surface. Please ensure that both the floor where the weigh scales are set up and the surface of the weigh scales are not wet to ensure that nobody slips.
- Tap your foot lightly on the center of the scale until “HI” appears on the LCD.
- Stand with both feet on the scale once “o.o” appears on the LCD. Stand calmly and without shifting your weight.
- During weighing, the “kg/lb” LCD flashes and the displayed value rises until your weight has been determined.
- The “kg/lb” display now stops flashing and your weight is displayed in grades of 0.1 kg/0.2 lb.
Attention: never jump onto the scale as this may cause damage.
- “O-Ld” appears in the LCD if the weight exceeds the maximum weighing capacity of kg/ lb. Step off the scale immediately as you may otherwise cause damage.
- Replace the batteries if “Lo” appears in the display.
- The scale is unable to measure the weight if “Err” appears on the display. Step off the scale in this case, wait for a few seconds, and then try again. Make sure you stand calmly and do not interrupt the weighing process.
Replacing the Batteries
- Remove the lid on the battery compartment.
- Remove the batteries and replace two new ones of the type CR2032 in the battery compartment. Make sure the batteries are facing in the right direction.
- Replace the lid on the battery compartment and press until it audibly snaps locks.
Use and Storage
- Please take note that the measurement results of different scales may differ slightly.
- Avoid using the batteries unnecessarily. Therefore, do not store any items on the scale if it is not being used. Remove the batteries if you will not use the scale for a longer period.
- Keep the scale in a clean and dry environment.
- Your glass scale represents a sensitive electronic instrument. As such, high-frequency devices may sometimes cause disturbance when used in the immediate vicinity (e.g. mobile telephones, CB radio stations, remote controls, and microwave ovens).
If there are faults such as irregular or faulty displays in the LCD, remove the scale from the source of disturbance or deactivate the source of disturbance when you are using the product.
- Only use neutral detergent and a soft cloth to clean the glass scale.
- Do not attempt to dismantle the scale to repair any defects yourself. You may otherwise damage the sensitive electronic components.
- Only qualified service personnel are authorized to repair the glass scale!
- No liability will be accepted for damage resulting from improper use and/or opening of the appliance!
FAQS About Balance KH 5503 Digital Scale
Exactly how precise is a balance scale?
The linearity of top-tier analytical balances is typically 0.2 to 0.3 mg.
Why is a balance scale necessary?
Scales are devices for weighing things. Balance scales are frequently used to weigh objects by balancing them with standard weights or to compare the weights of various objects.
Is a balance scale more precise than a digital scale?
In general, electronic weighing scales are more accurate than analog ones.
Are balance scales among the most precise?
Balance scales are typically more accurate.
How much weight can a balance scale measure?
Scales measure weight, while a balance measures mass.
What kind of balancing is more precise?
Statistical Weighing Scales
Why is a balance the same as a scale?
An equal-arm arrangement with two suspended trays was called a balance.
What is the name of a balancing scale?
Scales for balancing, commonly referred to as weighing scales or mass scales
Who makes use of balance scales?
Almost any location that requires high precision, analytical weighing, including laboratories, pharmacies, and other settings.
How durable are digital scales?
five to ten years
For more manuals by Balance, Visit Manualsdock