Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. Its products include the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, among others.
Connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Make sure that your iOS device has the latest version of iOS. Your device needs to have iOS 12.2 or later. If you have AirPods (1st generation), your device needs to have iOS 10 or later.
- Learn what to do if only one AirPod is working.
- Open Control Center and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging. Learn what to do if your AirPods or case won’t charge.
- Make sure to select your AirPods as your audio device.
- Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. The status light should flash white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.
- If your AirPods don’t connect, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case. Hold the setup button until you see the status light flash white, then amber, and then flash white continuously.
- Open the case—with your AirPods inside—and hold it next to your iPhone.
- Follow the steps on your iOS device’s screen.
- Test your AirPods. If you still can’t connect, reset your AirPods.
Connect to your Mac If you’re using AirPods (2nd generation), make sure that your Mac has macOS 10.14.4 or later. If you’re using AirPods (1st generation), make sure that your Mac is using macOS Sierra or later.
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. If your AirPods appear in the list of devices* but they don’t connect, remove your AirPods from the list:
- Select your AirPods from the list of devices.
- Click the X to the right of your AirPods.
Add your AirPods to the device list in Bluetooth preferences again:
- Place both AirPods in the charging case.
- Open the lid of your charging case near your Mac.
- In the device list, select your AirPods and click Connect.
Test your AirPods. If you still can’t connect, reset your AirPods.
If your left or right AirPod isn’t working
Learn what to do if your left or right AirPod won’t play audio.
First, place both AirPods in your charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging. Learn what to do if your AirPods or case won’t charge.
Then, if an AirPod still isn’t working, follow these steps to reset your AirPods:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap the “i” icon next to your AirPods.
- Tap Forget This Device, then tap to confirm.
- Place both AirPods in your charging case. Close the lid, wait 30 seconds, then open it.
- Press and hold the setup button for a few seconds, until you see the status light flashing white.
- Reconnect your AirPods by placing them close to your device and opening the lid. Follow the steps on your device’s screen.
- Test both AirPods.
If necessary, check the microphone and speaker meshes on each AirPod. If you see any debris, clean your AirPods and see if that fixes the issue. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.
If your AirPods won’t charge
If you can’t charge your AirPods, learn what to do. Check your connections Make sure that the Lightning to USB cable is firmly plugged into the charging case and USB power adapter. Then make sure that the power adapter is correctly plugged into a power outlet. If you’re using a Qi-compatible charger, make sure that the cable is firmly plugged into the charger and that the other end is correctly plugged into a power outlet.
Charge your AirPods Place your AirPods in the charging case and close the lid. Charge your AirPods and case for at least 15 minutes using the cable that came with your AirPods. If you have the Wireless Charging Case and you’re using a Qi-compatible charger, place the case with the status light facing up. The status light should turn on for several seconds, then turn off while continuing to charge. If the light doesn’t turn on, reposition the case. If your case still isn’t charging, try charging with the cable that came with your case.
Check the charge status
Open the case lid with your AirPods inside and hold your case close to your iOS device. You should see a charging icon next to the battery icon under your AirPods. If you still can’t charge your AirPods, contact Apple Support.
FAQs Apple AirPods 2nd Generation Wireless Earbuds
What are Apple AirPods 2nd Generation wireless earbuds?
The Apple AirPods 2nd Generation are wireless earbuds designed to work seamlessly with Apple devices. They feature a wireless charging case, hands-free “Hey Siri” support, and easy pairing with Apple devices.
What devices are compatible with Apple AirPods 2nd Generation?
The Apple AirPods 2nd Generation is compatible with any device running iOS 12.2 or later, macOS 10.14.4 or later, or watchOS 5.2 or later. They can also be used with other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
How do I pair Apple AirPods 2nd Generation with my device?
To pair your AirPods with your device, make sure your device is turned on and Bluetooth is enabled. Then, open the lid of the AirPods charging case, and your device should automatically detect and pair with the AirPods.
How long do the batteries last on Apple AirPods 2nd Generation?
The batteries in the AirPods can last up to five hours of listening time or up to three hours of talk time on a single charge. The charging case can provide multiple additional charges for a total of 24 hours of listening time or 18 hours of talk time.
Can I use just one Apple AirPods 2nd Generation Wireless Earbuds at a time?
Yes, you can use one AirPod at a time, and the other AirPod will automatically go into standby mode. This is useful if you want to listen to music or take calls while still being able to hear your surroundings.
Can I control the Apple AirPods 2nd Generation Wireless Earbuds with my voice?
Yes, you can use Siri to control your AirPods hands-free. Simply say “Hey Siri” followed by your request, and Siri will perform the action. This includes adjusting the volume, skipping tracks, and making phone calls.
Are the Apple AirPods 2nd Generation Wireless Earbudssweat-resistant?
While the AirPods 2nd Generation is not waterproof or sweat-proof, they do have a water and sweat-resistant coating that can help protect them from moisture.
Can I use Apple AirPods 2nd Generation Wireless Earbuds with Android devices?
Yes, you can use AirPods with Android devices, but some features such as automatic pairing and hands-free Siri will not work.
For more manuals by Apple, Visit ManualsDock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Apple-AirPods-2nd-Generation-Wireless-Earbuds.pdf” download=”all”]