Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output
Amazon is a multinational technology company founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994. It is known for being one of the largest online marketplaces, offering a wide range of products. Amazon’s services include e-commerce, cloud computing through Amazon Web Services (AWS), and entertainment production through Amazon Studios. It has a subscription service called Amazon Prime, and it has expanded into industries like grocery stores and healthcare.
Read these instructions carefully and retain them for future use. If this product is passed to a third party, then these instructions must be included. When using electrical devices, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons including the following:
- SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
- This appliance can be used by children of ages 8 years and above and by
- persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instructions regarding the safe use of the appliance and understand u- ie hazards involved.
- Children may not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- For connection to a mains supply not in the USA, use an attachment plug adapter of the proper configuration for the mains outlet.
- Before ct-imaging, read this instruction manual.
- This charger is intended for use \Nith nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries only. Attempting to charge other types of batteries may cause personal injury and damage to the charger.
- Do not charge non-rechargeable batteries.
- Do not expose the charger to rain or moisture. For indoor use only.
- Remove from mains when not in use.
- Never use an extension cord or any attachment not recommended by the manufacturer, as this may result in a risk of fire, electric shock or personal injury.
- Do not operate the charger if it has been subjected to shock or damage. Take it to a qualified serviceman for repair.
- Do not disassemble the charger. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
- Unplug the charger from the mains before attempting any maintenance or cleaning. Use a damp cloth to clean the surface, do not immerse in water.
- Before disposing of your charger, remove the batteries from the unit and dispose of them safely.
- Recharge 2 or 4 ANMA NI-MH batteries at a time.
- Built-in switching power technology for worldwide (100 – 240 V AC) use.
- USB port for charging hand-held devices, including cellphones, PDAs, iPods, and more.
- Full charge cut-off and timer cut-off function to protect the batteries from overcharging.
- Automatic charging current selection for M & MA batteries.
- Equipped with 3 LED lamps to indicate charging mode:
- Red LED light on – Quick charge;
- Fleshing Red LED – bad cell detection;
- Red LED off – Charge Is completed;
- Green LED light on – USB port is ready for use.
- Protection against reverse battery Insertion.
The Battery Charger with USB Output quickly and efficiently charges all M or MA nickel-metal hydride (Ni-MH) rechargeable batteries. The built-in high-efficiency switchingtype power supply adjusts automatically to any voltage between 100 – 240 V AC, for international use.
Before First Use
- Check for transport damages.
- Before connecting the product to the power supply, check that the power supply voltage and current rating correspond with the power supply details shown on the product rating label.
Warning! Batteries (If Included) are not charged upon shipping. They must be charged prior to first use.
Warning! Charge only Ni-MH type rechargeable batteries in this charger.
Warning! Batteries may leak or explode causing personal injury if inserted improperly, disposed of In fire, mixed with other battery types, or short-circuited.
- Insert 2 or 4 AA/AAA rechargeable NI-MH batteries Into the battery compartment; batteries must be charged in pairs. For charging only 2 cells, insert the batteries in the left or right side of the charging terminal (Figure 1) and (Figure 2).
- Make correct contact as indicated by the polarity symbols (+ and -) marked inside each compartment.
- Charge either M or AAA sizes at a time. Do not mix battery sizes when charging.
- Plug the charger Into a standard AC mains outlet. The Green USB status LED will light within 10 seconds, the Green USB status LED will turn off and the Red LED will glow for each slot where a battery Is charging. The LED lights show that the batteries are charging.
- When the batteries are fully charged, the Red LED will tum off to indicate that the charge Is completed and the batteries are ready for use. When the Green LED light Is on, the USB port is ready for use.
- Once the batteries are fully charged or the charger is not In use, unplug the charger from the mains outlet and remove the batteries.
- Begin again at Step 1 to charge the next set of batteries.
Caution! The USB charge port takes priority over charging AA/AM batteries. If you have batteries Inserted for charging and a device Is plugged Into the USB port, charging of the AN AAA batteries will be halted until the USB port is no longer in use. Once the USB device is fully charged and stops using power or It Is unplugged from the USB port, the AN AAA batteries will resume charging automatically. The Green LED indicates when the USB port is in use or available for use. The port has a maximum output of 500 mA. Do not attempt to overload the USB port or damage to the charger or USB device may result.
Bad Cell Detection
When the charging process is started, the charger will detect the batteries. If the batteries are not suitable for charging (I.e. short-circuit or reverse polarity) the LED will start FLASHING rapidly. The damaged batteries should be removed and properly disposed of.
- This charger Is designed to charge 2 or 4 batteries. 1 or 3 batteries will not get charged.
- To charge only 2 batteries, the batteries will not get charged when placed In the below charging slots:
- To protect your charger & batteries When Installing the battery for charging, make sure to Insert the negative(-) terminal of the battery first, then press the top of the battery to connect the positive(+) contact plate. Incorrect direction to Install the battery will cause damage to the negative terminal of the charger and the battery sleeve.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive aims to minimize the impact of electrical and electronic goods on the environment, by increasing reuse and recycling and by reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill. The symbol on this product or its packaging signifies that this product must be disposed of separately from ordinary household wastes at Its end of Ille. Be aware that this is your responsibility to dispose of electronic equipment at recycling centers In order to conserve natural resources. Each country should have its collection centers for electrical and electronic equipment recycling.
For Information about your recycling drops off ama, please contact your related electrical and electronic equipment waste management authority, your local city office, or your household waste disposal service.
FCC – Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
FCC Compliance Statement
- This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation Is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC Interference statement
this equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not Installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there Is no guarantee that interference will not occur In a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user Is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment To an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- Input: 100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 9.5 W AA: 2 x 2.8 V DC, 600 mA, 3.36 VA
- Output: AM: 2 x 2.8 V DC, 350 mA, 1.96 VA 5 V DC, 500 mA (USB Output)
FAQS About Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output
Q: What is the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output?
A: The Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output is a portable battery charger designed to recharge AA and AAA rechargeable batteries. It features a built-in USB output port that allows you to charge USB-powered devices such as smartphones, tablets, and other compatible gadgets.
Q: How does the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output work?
A: The battery charger comes with slots for AA and AAA batteries. Simply insert the rechargeable batteries into the appropriate slots, making sure to align the positive and negative terminals correctly. The charger will then begin the charging process, and the LED indicators will show the charging status. You can also connect your USB-powered devices to the USB output port to charge them simultaneously.
Q: Can I charge both AA and AAA batteries with this charger?
A: Yes, the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output supports both AA and AAA rechargeable batteries. The charger has separate slots for each battery size, allowing you to charge them simultaneously.
Q: How long does it take to charge the batteries?
A: The charging time depends on the capacity and condition of the batteries you are charging. Typically, it takes several hours to fully charge rechargeable AA or AAA batteries. The charger’s LED indicators will show the charging status, and once the batteries are fully charged, the LED lights will turn off or indicate a full charge.
Q: Can I charge other battery sizes or types with this charger?
A: No, the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output is designed specifically for AA and AAA rechargeable batteries. It is not compatible with other battery sizes, such as C, D, or 9V batteries, nor is it suitable for non-rechargeable batteries.
Q: Does the charger come with batteries?
A: No, the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output does not come with batteries. It is sold separately from the batteries.
Q: Is the charger portable?
A: Yes, the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output is designed to be portable. It is compact and lightweight, making it convenient for travel or use on-the-go. The charger can be easily carried in a bag or backpack.
Q: Can I use the charger to charge devices while it is plugged into an outlet?
A: No, the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output is not designed to function as a wall charger for devices. Its primary function is to charge rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. However, you can charge your USB-powered devices using the charger’s USB output port when it is connected to a power source or when the batteries are being charged.
Q: Is the charger compatible with all USB-powered devices?
A: The charger’s USB output port is compatible with a wide range of USB-powered devices, such as smartphones, tablets, MP3 players, Bluetooth headphones, and more. However, it is always a good idea to check the device’s specifications and power requirements to ensure compatibility and optimal charging performance.
Q: Is the Amazon Basics Battery Charger with USB Output safe to use?
A: Yes, the charger is designed with safety features to protect against overcharging, short circuits, and overheating. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for safe and proper usage.
For more manuals by Amazon, Visit Manualsdock