Alpine SPV-65-JLT Component Speaker System
Alpine is a leading brand in consumer electronics and car audio, known for its high-quality audio and navigation solutions. Established in 1967, Alpine has a rich history of innovation, consistently delivering premium in-car entertainment systems and cutting-edge technology. Renowned for immersive audio experiences, Alpine continues to be a trusted name shaping the future of in-car entertainment.
The specified vehicles have been tested and have met compatibility specs at the time of testing. Compatibility is not guaranteed if the manufacturer has made production changes to the listed vehicles above.
- Congratulations on purchasing the SPV-65-JLT. This installation manual is designed to take you through the step-by-step installation of SPV-65-JLT into a 2018-Up Jeep Wrangler JL or Jeep Gladiator JT 2020-Up. Please familiarize yourself with the owner’s manual as this is a challenging installation. If you still have additional questions please call 1-800-TECH-101.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice for improvement.
To Ensure Safe Use, Always Follow These Precautions
- The installation of this product requires specialized skills and experience. We recommend that you have the product installed by an Alpine-authorized dealer.
- Before you use this product, be sure to carefully read this installation manual and the separate user manual so that you can use the product correctly. Alpine Electronics bears no responsibility for problems that arise as a result of failure to follow the instructions in the manuals.
- This manual includes several symbols that are intended to help you use the product safely, to prevent harm to you and others, and to protect against property damage. These symbols and their meanings are listed below. Make sure you fully understand these symbols before you begin reading the main text.
Explanations of Injury and Damage That May Result from Incorrect Use
Warning Ignoring the content marked by this indication and using the product incorrectly is expected to lead to death or serious injury.
Caution Ignoring the content marked by this indication and using the product incorrectly is only expected to lead to injury or property damage.
Types of Precautions
Indicates actions that are forbidden (must not be performed)
Indicates that disassembly is forbidden.
Indicates mandatory actions (must be performed)
Marks content that should receive your full attention.
- Do not disassemble or modify the product. Doing so could lead to an accident, fire, or electric shock.
- Store screws and other small objects where children cannot reach them. If one of those small objects is swallowed, consult with a doctor immediately.
- When replacing fuses be sure to use the fuses with the specified current rating. Failing to do so could lead to Mandatory Forbidden an accident or fire.
- Only connect the product to a 12 VDC negative ground car. Failing to do so could lead to an accident or fire.
- Do not cut the insulation on a cord and take power from another device. Doing so could lead to fire or electric shock.
- Do not install the product in a location where it will obstruct the driver’s forward view; interfere with the operation of the steering wheel, gear shift, or the like; or pose a threat to passengers. Doing so could lead to an accident or injury.
- careful to avoid damaging pipes, the fuel tank, electrical wiring, and the like. This kind of damage could lead to an accident or fire.
- When installing and grounding the product, do not use any of the bolts or nuts of the steering
- Do not install the product near the passenger-side airbag. Doing so could interfere with the operation of the airbag and lead to an accident or injury.
- Bundle cords so that they don’t interfere with driving. Wrapping cords around the steering wheel, gearshift, brake pedal, or the like could lead to an accident or damage equipment.
- Connect the product properly according to the instructions. Failing to do so could lead to fire or an accident.
- Do not sandwich cords between the seat railing or allow them to touch protrusions. Resulting breaks or shorts could lead to electric shock or fire.
- Do not block vents or heat sinks. Doing so could lead to fire or damage to equipment.
- Use the accessories according to the instructions, and attach them securely. Failing to do so could lead to an accident or damage to equipment.
- Do not install the product where it may be exposed to water or in a place with high levels of humidity or dust. Doing so could lead to fire or damage to equipment.
- The installation and wiring of this product require specialized skills and experience. Have the product installed by an Alpine-authorized dealer.
Tools Potentially Needed
Rear Soundbar Speaker Removal & Installation (2018-Up)
- Extract the (4) 5mm Allen head bolts and remove factory grills.
- Extract (5) T20 torx from the speakers. Extract (4) T30 torx from the port and remove.
- Use a pick tool to disconnect the speakers and remove them.
- Remove the grommet holding the speaker wire in place and secure the speaker wire out of the way.
- Use the supplied template and mark the area of each side for soundbar cutting.
- With a reciprocating air saw or preferred cutting device, carefully cut the following markings from Step 5. Be careful about cutting depth. Failure to do so will result in cutting through the soundbar.
- Fill the right and left speaker cavities using (1) of the supplied polyfill sheets per cavity.
- Plug in the speaker. Use the supplied replacement bolts (not the OEM 5mm Allen heads) and mount the speaker in the bar.
FAQS About Alpine SPV-65-JLT Component Speaker System
What is the Alpine SPV-65-JLT Component Speaker System?
The Alpine SPV-65-JLT is a component speaker system designed for car audio enthusiasts. It includes separate components for clear sound reproduction, typically consisting of a woofer and a separate tweeter.
What size is the woofer in the SPV-65-JLT system?
The specific size of the woofer may vary, but it’s typically 6.5 inches in diameter. This size is a common standard for car audio speakers.
What is the purpose of a component speaker system?
Component speaker systems separate audio frequencies, with a dedicated component (woofer) for low frequencies and another (tweeter) for high frequencies. This results in clearer and more accurate sound reproduction.
Is the Alpine SPV-65-JLT easy to install?
Installation difficulty can vary, but component speaker systems generally require more installation expertise than coaxial speakers. It’s recommended to have professional installation or advanced DIY skills.
What is the power handling capacity of the SPV-65-JLT?
The power handling capacity is typically specified in terms of RMS (continuous) and peak power. Check the product specifications for the exact power handling of the SPV-65-JLT.
Can the SPV-65-JLT handle bass well?
Yes, component speaker systems like the SPV-65-JLT are designed to handle a range of frequencies, including bass. The woofer component is responsible for producing the lower frequencies.
Are these speakers suitable for all car models?
The compatibility of the SPV-65-JLT with different car models depends on factors such as size and installation requirements. Check the product specifications and consult with experts for compatibility with your specific vehicle.
Do these speakers come with crossovers?
Component speaker systems typically include crossovers to ensure that each component receives the appropriate frequencies. Check the product packaging or specifications to confirm if crossovers are included.
What material is used for the cone of the woofer?
Woofer cones are often made of materials like polypropylene, treated paper, or other composites. Refer to the product details for information on the specific material used in the SPV-65-JLT.
What warranty is provided with the Alpine SPV-65-JLT Component Speaker System?
The warranty period can vary, and it is advisable to check the documentation provided by Alpine or the retailer. Warranty information is essential for addressing any potential defects or issues.
For more manuals by Alpine ManualsDock