Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router
Zyxel is a multinational networking company that provides a wide range of networking products and solutions for businesses and individuals. The company was founded in 1989 in Taiwan and has since expanded to become a global provider of networking equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and network storage devices.
Zyxel offers a diverse range of products and solutions that cater to the needs of small and medium-sized businesses, as well as enterprise-level organizations. Their products are designed to be scalable, flexible, and easy to manage, allowing businesses to easily expand and adapt their network infrastructure as their needs change.
This chapter introduces the main features and applications of the NBG4615 v2. The NBG4615 v2 extends the range of your existing wired network without additional wiring, providing easy network access to mobile users. You can set up a wireless network with other IEEE 802.11b/g/n compatible devices. A range of services such as a firewall and content filtering are also available for secure Internet computing.
Note: Be sure to install the ZyXEL NetUSBTM Share Center Utility (for NetUSB functionality) from the included disc, or download the latest version from the zyxel.com website.
You can have the following networks using the NBG4615 v2:
- Wired. You can connect network devices via the Ethernet ports of the NBG4615 v2 so that they can communicate with each other and access the Internet.
- Wireless. Wireless clients can connect to the NBG4615 v2 to access network resources. You can use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) to create an instant network connection with another WPS- compatible device.
- WAN. Connect to a broadband modem/router for Internet access.
- Netu ta USB device (such portable hard disk) directly to the iiSB, not duds Printer, Scanner, or bort
Ways to Manage the NBG4615 v2
Use any of the following methods to manage the NBG4615 v2. over the network.
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). You can use the WPS button or the WPS section of the Web Configurator to set up a wireless network with your ZyXEL Device.
- Web Configurator. This is recommended for everyday management of the NBG4615 V2 using a (supported) web browser. etUSB, The NBG4615 v2 lows
Good Habits for Managing the NBG4615 v2
Do the following things regularly to make the NBG4615 v2 more secure and to manage the NBG4615 V2 more effectively.
- Change the password. Use a password that’s not easy to guess and that consists of different types of characters, Such as numbers and letters.
- Write down the password and put it in a safe place.
- Back up the configuration (and make sure you know how to restore it). Restoring an earlier working configuration may be useful if the device becomes unstable or even crashes. If you forget your password, you will have to reset the NBG4615 v2 to its factory default settings. If you backed up an earlier configuration file, you would not have to re-configure the NBG4615 V2. YOu COuld simply restore your last configuration.
Resetting the NBG4615 v2 If you forget your password or IP address, or you cannot access the Web Configurator, you will need to use the RESET button at the back of the NBG4615 v2 to reload the factory-default configuration file. This means that you will lose all configurations that you had previously saved, the password will be reset to “1234” and the IP address will be reset to “192.168.1.1”.
How to Use the RESET Button
- Make sure the power LED is on.
- Press the RESET button for one to four seconds to restart/reboot the NBG4615 v2.
- Press the RESET button for longer than five seconds to set the NBG4615 v2 back to its factory- default configurations.
The WPS Button
Your NBG4615 v2 supports WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), which is an easy way to set up a secure wireless network. WPS Is an industry standard specification, defined by the Wiki Alliance. WPS allows you to quickly set up a wireless network with strong security, without having to configure security settings manually. Each WPs connection works between two devices. Both devices must support WPs (check each device’s documentation to make sure).
Depending on the devices you have, you can either press a button (on the device itself, or in its configuration utility) or enter a PIN (a unique Personal Identification Number that allows one device to authenticate the other) in each of the two devices. When WPs are activated on a device, it has two minutes to find another device that also has WPs activated. Then, the two devices connect and set up a secure network by themselves.
You can use the WPS button ( on the front panel of the NBG4615 v2 to activate WPS to quickly set up a wireless network with strong security.
Make sure the power LED is on (not blinking).
- Press the WPS button for more than three seconds and release it.
- Press the WPS button on another WPS-enabled device within range of the NBG4615 v2.
Note: You must activate WPS in the NBG4615 v2 that acts as the AP and in another wireless device within two minutes of each other. For more information on using WPS, see Section 12.2 on page 97.
You may need screw anchors if mounting on a concrete or brick wall.
- Select a position free of obstructions on a wall strong enough to hold the weight of the device.
- Mark two holes on the wall at the appropriate distance apart for the screwS.
Be careful to avoid damaging pipes or cables located inside the wall when drilling holes for the screws.
- If using screw anchors, drill two holes for the screw anchors into the wall. Push the anchors into the full depth of the holes, then insert the screws into the anchors. Do not insert the screws in and leave a small gap or about .s Cm. If not using screw anchors, use a screwdriver to insert the screws into the wall. Do not insert the Screws in – leave a gap of about 0.5 cm.
- Ensure the screws are fastened well enough to hold the weight of the NBG4615 v2 with the connection cables.
- Align the holes on the back of the NBG4615 v2 with the screws on the wall. Hang the NBG4615 v2 on the screws.
The ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility allows you to work with the USB devices that are connected directly to the NBG4615 v2 as if they are connected directly to your computer This allows you to easily share USB-based devices such as printers, scanners, portable hard disks, MP3 players, faxes and digital cameras (to name a few) with all the other people in your home or office as long as they are connected to the NBG4615 v2 and have the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility installed.
Note: Be sure to install the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility (for NetUSB functionality) from the included disc, or download the latest version from the zyxel.com website.
This section shows you how to get started using the ZyXEL NetUsB Share Center Utility.
- Install the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility on each computer connected to the NBG4615 v2.
- Connect a USB device to the USB port on the NBG4615 v2.
- Run the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility to display a list of all connected USB devices, then use it to connect your computer to them.
Installing ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility
Before you can access USB devices connected to the NBG4615 v2, you must first install the ZyXEL NetUsB Share Center Utility on any computer on your LAN to which you want to allow access to these devices.
Note: To properly use the utility with your NBG4615 v2, ensure that the NBG4615 v2 firmware is version vi.00(AAFI.0) or higher. See Chapter 26 on page 214 for information on updating your device’s firmware
To install the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility
- Insert the disc that came with your NBG4615 v2 into your computer’s disc drive.
- Run the Setup program by double-clicking it and then following the on-screen instructions for installing it on your computer.
Note: The following operating systems are supported: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32 and 64-bit versions), and Mac OS X 10.6.
- To open the ZyXEL NetusB Share Center Utility, double-click its system tray icon.
FAQs Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router
What is the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router?
The Zyxel NGB4615 v2 is a wireless router that provides high-speed internet access and networking capabilities for home and small office use.
What are the technical specifications of the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router?
The Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router features four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, two external antennas, and support for IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless networking.
What is the maximum wireless speed of the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router?
The Zyxel NGB4615 v2 supports wireless speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
What is the range of the Zyxel NGB4615 v2?
The range of the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 depends on several factors, such as the size of the building and the materials used in its construction. Generally, it should provide coverage for a small to medium-sized home or office.
What security features does the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 have?
The Zyxel NGB4615 v2 supports WPA/WPA2 encryption for wireless connections and also includes a built-in firewall and VPN support.
Can I connect a USB device to the Zyxel NGB4615 v2?
Yes, the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 features a USB port that can be used to connect a printer or external hard drive.
What is the warranty on the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router?
The warranty on the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 varies depending on the region and vendor. You should check with your vendor or Zyxel customer support for more information.
How do I set up the Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router?
The Zyxel NGB4615 v2 Wireless N300 Gigibit Netusb Router can be set up using the web-based configuration interface. You will need to connect it to your computer and access the configuration page using a web browser. The configuration process is fairly straightforward and should be guided by the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, you can consult the user manual or contact Zyxel customer support for assistance.
For more manuals by Zyxel, Visit Manualsdock.com
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Zyxel-NGB4615-v2-Wireless-N300-Gigibit-Netusb-Router.pdf” download=”all”]