Ring Video Doorbell
Ring LLC is a manufacturer of home security and smart home devices owned by Amazon. It manufactures a titular line of smart doorbells, home security cameras, and alarm systems.
- Wide Angle HD Camera
- LED Ring
- Push Button
- Setup Button
- Micro USB Charging Port
- MAC Address
- Doorbell Wire Terminals
- Mounting Hooks
- Wire Management Hooks
Charge your device using a USB-compatible wall charger or laptop. To ensure your device is fully charged, charge the device prior to Wi-Fi setup and installation
LED RING LIGHTING SEQUENCES
Download the Ring app from the App Store Google Play or Windows Store. Open the Ring app and select Setup Device. Follow the in-app instructions to set up your Ring. You will need your network information (SSID and password) to complete your Ring setup.
- Remove the doorbell button and power off your transformer (for wired installation only).
- Line up the mounting bracket using the provided mounting level.
- Install the mounting bracket using the provided screwdriver bit, handle, and drill bit.
Brick – use provided screws and anchors
Concrete – use provided screws and anchors
Stucco – use provided screws and anchors
Wood – use provided screws
Vinyl – use provided screws
- Remove the mounting level.
- Connect your doorbell wiring to the terminal screws located on the mounting bracket (for wired installation only).
- Place the device on the mounting bracket.
- Tighten the security screws at the bottom of the device using the proprietary screwdriver bit. Please do not over-tighten the security screws.
- Provide power back to your transformer (for wired installation only).
- If powering off doorbell wiring, the wiring must be connected to a transformer and a doorbell with a voltage of 8VAC – 24VAC to ring your doorbell chime.
- If your chime is electronic (e.g. plays a melody), you may need to install a diode, which is commonly found inside your current doorbell button, or check with your doorbell manufacturer
- Connect the diode to the terminals with the arrow on the diode facing toward the doorbell chime as shown below
ANSWERING A CALL
To disable notifications for your Ring device, select it from “My Devices”. Select “Device Settings” and toggle notifications off.
For additional product information and helpful tips, check out our support forum at: http://ring.com/help For immediate assistance, please call us at:
- DOMESTIC: 1-800-656-1918
- INTERNATIONAL: +1 310-929-7085
- 7 days a week
Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Bot Home Automation, declares that this consumer electronic is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC. The declaration of conformity may be consulted at www.ring.com/DoC.pdf.
Protect the device from direct sunlight. Install the device at dry locations and protect it against rain and humidity.
- The device may not get contact with salt water or other conductive liquids.
- The device must be charged only within a building in a dry state.
FAQS About Ring Video Doorbell
How long are doorbell videos stored?
You can pick a video storage time of 1 day in addition to the normal storage period of 30 days.
What is needed in order to use a Ring doorbell?
A smart device (phone or tablet) and the Ring app, which enables you to monitor and control all of your Ring devices in one location, are required for setup and operation of Ring products. 2.4 GHz wifi networks are compatible with all Ring devices. Some Ring products support 5 GHz networks as well.
What is the maximum number of devices a Ring Video Doorbell can support?
As many devices as you want can be connected. but only those who have the original email address as their login.
What is the charging time for the Ring Doorbell?
5 to 10 hours.
Ring Doorbell: Does it record audio?
Consumer Reports has discovered that the Amazon Ring Video Doorbell 3 and the Arlo Ultra video doorbells can record audio in addition to video over a distance of 20 to 25 feet. This finding indicates that audio monitoring is possible even when we are unable to view the video cameras.
Is Ring Doorbell capable of recording without WiFi?
No, a Wi-Fi connection is necessary for the Ring camera to operate effectively.
Ring Doorbell is water resistant.
Doorbells from Ring and outdoor security cameras are water-resistant and made to survive snow and typical rainfall. Ring products should not be submerged in water or sprayed with high-pressure water because they are not waterproof.
Ring doorbells: are they safe?
Unfortunately, there are a number of cybersecurity flaws in Ring devices, including a lack of encryption and the absence of additional security mechanisms.
What range does a doorbell camera have?
Systems using video doorbell cameras have a range of vision of 5 to 50 feet.
Can two users of a Ring Doorbell connect?
As the account owner, you can provide certain Ring devices access to friends, family, neighbors, or anyone else you choose. Shared Users are what they are.
For more manuals by Ring, Visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Ring-Video-Doorbell-Quick-Install-Guide.pdf” download=”all”]