Power AirFryer XL
PowerXL is a brand of home appliances and power tools produced by Globe Union Industrial Corporation, a manufacturer based in Ningbo, China. The PowerXL product line includes a range of appliances such as air fryers, grills, and pressure cookers, as well as power tools such as drill sets and cordless screwdrivers.
WHEN USING THE ELECTRONIC APPLIANCE THE FOLLOWING SAFETY INFORMATION MUST BE OBSERVED.
- PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO THE USE OF THIS APPLIANCE AND KEEP THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR LATER REFERENCE.
- If the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL is passed on to a third party, this instruction manual must also be handed over.
- Never immerse the casing of the Power AirFryer below water. This contains electronic components as well as the heating element. Do not rinse it under running water.
- To eliminate the risk of electric shocks, never pour fluids of any kind into the casing of the fryer. This is where the electronic components are located.
- This appliance is fitted with a safety contact plug. To eliminate the risk of an electric shock, make sure that the cable and plug are undamaged and originally packed before initial use.
- Make sure that the plug is correctly plugged into the socket.
- To avoid your food coming into contact with the heating element of the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL, make sure the frying basket is not overloaded.
- The air vents on the rear side of the appliance must, under no circumstances, be blocked during use. This would cause the cooking function to fail and result in overheating of the appliance.
- Never pour oil into the outer frying basket. This could lead to the spreading of flames and associated injuries.
- During the cooking process, the inside temperature of the appliance reaches several hundred degrees. To prevent injuries, avoid contact with these areas. When touching the appliance, make sure it is completely cooled down.
- This appliance may be used by children over the age of 8 years, as well as by people of reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and/or knowledge, provided they are supervised and instructed in the safe use of the appliance and understand the possible resulting dangers. Children must not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user-maintenance must not be carried out by children, unless they are older than 8 years and supervised. Children under 8 years should be kept away from the appliance and the connection cable.
- Make sure that children are not in the vicinity of the appliance or power cable, while the appliance is in operation, or cooling down.
- Keep the power cable away from hot surfaces. Never plug in the power cable or operate the control panel if you have wet hands.
- Do not connect this appliance with a timer and do not use any extension cable.
- Under no circumstances should the appliance be used on, or in the proximity of flammable materials such as tablecloths or curtains.
- During operation, do not push the appliance against walls or into the immediate vicinity of other electrical appliances. Leave at least 5 cm of space behind or above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL.
- Never use the appliance for any other purposes other than those indicated in this instruction manual
- Never leave the appliance unattended while switched on.
- During operation hot steam is released through the air outlet vents. Keep hands and face away from these vents. Be especially mindful of hot steam and excessive heat when removing the outer frying basket from the Power AirFryer XL appliance.
- The casing can also become hot during operation. Furthermore, the outer basket and the frying basket can get very hot during operation. Wear oven gloves or use a stable oven cloth for contact.
- Should the appliance emit black smoke, unplug it immediately from the mains? Only remove the outer basket and the frying basket when no further smoke is escaping.
- Use the appliance solely on a horizontal, stable, and non-flammable surface.
- Always unplug the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL from the mains following use.
- Leave the appliance to cool down for at least 30 minutes following use, before starting to clean it or place it in a cupboard.
- Ensure that foods prepared in the Power AirFryer XL appliance are fried to a golden brown and crispy state and not dark or black. Remove any burnt remnants.
- The Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL is fitted with an internal protective switch that immediately switches the appliance off, as soon as the outer frying basket is extracted.
- CAUTION: Do not pull the sliding button guard until the outer frying basket and the frying basket is placed on a level, heat-resistant surface. Never use the basket and outer basket if the sliding button guard has become detached.
You should also have a look at Power AirFryer XL Owner’s Manual
The appliance has an integrated timer that deactivates it automatically as soon as the appliance has come to the end of a process. You can, however, switch the Power AirFryer XL appliance off manually. Press the timer button until a zero is displayed, or press the on-off button once. The appliance will now switch off within 20 seconds.
Should the electric circuit to which the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL is connected become overloaded, this can result in your appliance not functioning correctly. Always connect this Power AirFryer XL appliance only to an electric circuit, do not use an extension cable.
Overheating Protection System
Should the internal temperature control system malfunction, the overheating protection system will be activated. The Power AirFryer XL appliance will now no longer operate. Should this occur, unplug the Power AirFryer XL appliance from the mains and leave it to completely cool down before restarting or storing it away.
SLIDING BUTTON GUARD & THE BASKET RELEASE BUTTON
The sliding button guard prevents you from pressing the basket release button accidentally. If this button is pressed, the frying basket is separated from the outer frying basket. This can lead to injuries, if not placed on a level, heat-resistant surface. Only push the sliding button guard forward if the outer frying basket and the frying basket are placed on a level, heat-resistant surface. Only press the release button following the placement of the outer basket.
NEVER USE THE BASKET AND OUTER BASKET IF THE SLIDING BUTTON GUARD HAS BECOME DETACHED.
USE OF THE DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL
- Button 1: On-Off Button
As soon as the outer frying basket and the frying basket are correctly locked into place in the casing, the on-off button will illuminate. Now, by pressing the button once, the Power AirFryer XL appliance will heat up to a default temperature of approximately 190 °C, and a cooking preparation time of 15 minutes is set. Now press the on-off button a second time and the cooking preparation will begin. Pressing the on-off button during the preparation time, will automatically switch the appliance off. The red light turns off and the blue light will turn off together with the fan after approximately 20 seconds.
- Buttons 2 & 3: Timer Control Buttons
With the + and – symbols you can extend or shorten the cooking preparation time. The panel dial is shown in minutes. Keeping the button held down will change the time very rapidly.
- Buttons 4 & 5: Temperature Control Display With the + and – symbols you can increase or lower the temperature. Each push of the button signifies a change of about 5°C. Keeping the button held down will change the temperature very rapidly. Temperatures of 80-200°C can be set.
- Button 6: Menu Button
With the Menu button you can select the default cooking preparation programmes. As soon as a programme has been selected, the desired food will automatically begin to be prepared at the pre-set time and temperature.
Please note: You can, at any time, override the preparation programme by increasing or reducing the time or temperature.
- Buttons 7-13: Default Cooking Preparation Programmes
Power AirFryer XL (4 Programmes):
You can select programs for the following dishes: French Fries, Chicken, Steak, or Fish.
Power AirFryer XXL/XXXL (7 Programmes):
Your Power AirFryer XXL/XXXL has 7 default programs for French Fries, Roasts, Shrimp, Baking (cakes/pastries), Chicken, Steak, and Fish at its disposal.
- # 14: Time and Temperature
This display keeps track of the full preparation time, the remaining time, and the current temperature.
- # 15: Fan Display
The fan display appears when the appliance is switched on and goes off approximately 20 seconds after it is switched off. A red star-shaped LED symbol appears in the center of the display as soon as the appliance is in „cooking“ or „pre-heat“ mode.
Cooking with the Power AirFryer, without the default preparation program
When you have familiarized yourself with your Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL, perhaps you would like to prepare your own recipes. You do not need to select any automatic program, simply set your own desired time and temperature.
Preheating the Power AirFryer
In order to use the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL more efficiently, 2 or 3 minutes of preheating is recommended. Simply set it to the default or a higher temperature. To carry out this process the empty outer frying basket must be inserted into the Power AirFryer XL appliance casing with the frying basket.
Never pour oil or any other fluid into the outer frying basket. This can lead to the flame formation and the risk of burns.
GENERAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Prior to first-time use
Remove all packaging materials, labels, and other pieces of information. Wash the outer frying basket and the frying basket thoroughly with warm soapy water, both parts are dishwasher safe. Wipe the inside and outside of the casing thoroughly with a clean, damp cloth. Never immerse the Power AirFryer XL appliance casing under water or wash it. Never fill the frying basket with oil, this Power AirFryer XL appliance cooks solely with hot air.
- Place the Power AirFryer XL appliance on a stable, level, and heat-resistant surface.
- Put the frying basket into the outer basket and let it snap into place.
- Push the outer frying basket into the casing. You will hear a „click“ when it is correctly engaged.
- Please note: the Power AirFryer XL appliance will only work when the outer basket is correctly inserted.
- Plug the Power AirFryer XL appliance into a socket, but use neither an extension cable nor a multiplug socket.
Insertion of the divider insert
In the middle of the frying basket, to the left and right, there are fine guiding rails for the divider insert. Push the divider insert as per the guiding rails into the frying basket.
ONLY WITH DELUXE VERSIONS: USING THE MINI-PIZZA BAKING DISH (12) AND BAKING TRAY (13).
Put the Mini-Pizza baking tray or the baking tray in the frying basket. Never place both trays in the outer frying basket! Only to be used in combination with the frying basket.
A Versatile Appliance
The Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL has been designed to cook a number of your favorite dishes. The tables and suggestions included in this instruction manual will help you achieve great results.
- Never place anything on top of the appliance.
- Never cover the induction and outlet air vents on or behind the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL.
- To use the appliance as a steamer, e.g. to cook fish, place a small oven-proof bowl of water in your frying basket along with your food. Do not pour water directly into the outer frying basket!
FRYING WITH YOUR NEW POWER AIRFRYER XL/XXL/XXXL
When pulling the outer frying basket from the casing you will feel a slight resistance. Place a hand on top of the casing and gently pull the outer basket out.
THE SLIDING BUTTON GUARD PREVENTS ACCIDENTAL PRESSING OF THE BASKET RELEASE BUTTON. IF THIS BUTTON IS PRESSED THE FRYING BASKET IS SEPARATED FROM THE OUTER FRYING BASKET. THIS CAN LEAD TO INJURIES IF THE APPLIANCE IS NOT PLACED ON A LEVEL, HEAT-RESISTANT SURFACE.
Always wear an oven glove when holding the outer frying basket. Put foods into the frying basket (Illustration 6).
Never fill the basket with more than the recommended amount of food (max. Line) (Illustration 7). Overloading of the basket can affect the quality of the cooking or result in a malfunction of the heating elements. Push the outer frying basket back into the casing until you hear a „clicking“ sound (Illustration 8). Never use the outer frying basket without the frying basket inserted.
During the cooking process, the outer frying basket will get very hot. Should you wish to remove it to check the preparation of the foods, make sure that you have a heat-resistant base nearby on which to place the outer basket. Always wear oven gloves.
- Plug the Power AirFryer XL appliance into a socket.
- When the frying basket and the foods are securely in the Power AirFryer XL appliance, press the on-off button once.
- Select a default cooking program by pressing the Menu button repeatedly until the desired program lights up or set the time and temperature manually.
- Now press the on-off button once to start the cooking process.
You can remove the frying basket from the appliance, at any time, during the cooking preparation, to see to what extent your food is already prepared. Should you wish to preheat the appliance, please follow the instructions on page 16. Due to the rapid hot-air technology, the air inside the appliance heats up very quickly. Never pull the outer frying basket quickly from the appliance, as it will seriously disrupt the cooking process.
Use the information from the tables in this instruction manual to obtain the correct settings.
GENERAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE: SHAKING FOR CONSISTENT COOKING
In order to guarantee consistent cooking, it is necessary to shake some foods during the cooking process. To do this, simply remove the outer frying basket and the frying basket from the casing. Now gently shake the contents according to requirements and slide the outer basket back into the appliance to continue cooking. For heavier foods, you may prefer to separate the frying basket from the outer frying basket before shaking the food.
To do so, remove the frying basket and connected outer frying basket from the appliance and place them on a heat-resistant surface. Now move the sliding button guard forward in order to free the basket release button. Now press button (2) and carefully raise the frying basket. Shake the food, then put the basket back into the outer basket and into the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL to finish the cooking process.
The outer frying basket will be hot; wear oven gloves during this process. Never remove the sliding button guard during shaking as it is possible that the basket release button may be pressed accidentally.
Set the timer to half of the cooking time. It will then ring when it is time to shake the food in the frying basket.
The audio signal at the end of the cooking time
When you hear the timer’s audio signal, the pre-set cooking time has expired. Now remove the outer frying basket from the appliance and place it on a heat-resistant surface. In order to remove the foods, place the outer frying basket on a heat-resistant surface. Now, move the sliding button guard forward. Press the basket release button (2) and lift the frying basket from the outer basket. Turn the frying basket over and slowly empty the food onto a plate.
Use kitchen utensils (spatula etc) to remove larger foods, together with a smooth surface. Never turn the outer frying basket upside down, while the frying basket is still engaged. Excess oil that has accumulated on the bottom of the outer frying basket will leak onto your foods. With the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL you can easily prepare several basket fillings of tasty dishes, one after the other.
- Table 3 will help you to select the correct standard settings for the foods stated.
- When you are more familiar with the Power AirFryer XL appliance, you can adapt the settings to your own preferences.
- Due to the rapid hot-air technology, the air inside the appliance heats up very quickly. Never pull the outer frying basket quickly from the Power AirFryer XL, as it will seriously disrupt the cooking process.
- Smaller foods usually require a shorter cooking time than those that are larger.
- Larger food portions require a longer cooking time than smaller amounts.
- The shaking of smaller food portions, following the halfway point of the cooking time, guarantees a consistent frying of the foods.
- For the cooking of fresh potatoes, the adding of some vegetable oil is recommended to achieve a crispy result. Add it immediately before the start of cooking.
- All snacks that can be cooked in an oven, can also be made with the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL.
- Use ready-made dough from the supermarket to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Ready-made dough requires less cooking time than homemade dough.
- When making a cake or a quiche, place a baking tray or an oven plate in the frying basket. Both are recommended when preparing soft or filled foods.
- You can, of course, also reheat dishes with the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL. Set it to 140 °C for 10 minutes.
Table 3 will help you to select the correct standard settings for the foods stated.
- **only inluded with the deluxe version
- *Add 3 minutes cooking time, when the Power AirFryer XL appliance is not pre-heated. Please note: these settings are only recommendations. As foods may differ in quantities, size, condition, and producer, cooking times can vary slightly.
COMPARISON OF THE APPLIANCE VARIANTS
- ***Power AirFryer XL Deluxe, Power AirFryer XXL deluxe and Power AirFryer XXXL deluxe each include, in addition, a mini-pizza baking dish and a baking tray
Clean the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL after each time of use. The outer frying basket and the frying basket are covered with a special non-stick coating. Never use cleaning utensils with abrasive surfaces.
- Unplug the mains cable from the socket and make sure the Power AirFryer XL appliance is completely cooled down prior to cleaning.
Please note: The Power AirFryer XL appliance will cool down quickly if the outer frying basket is removed from the appliance.
- Clean the exterior of the appliance with a mild detergent and a warm, damp cloth.
- Clean the outer frying basket and the frying basket with warm water, a mild detergent, and a soft sponge.
Please note: Both parts are dishwasher safe.
Tip: If it is difficult to remove food remnants on both parts, fill both baskets with some soapy water and leave them to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Clean the interior of the Power AirFryer XL appliance with warm water, a mild detergent, and a soft sponge.
- If necessary, remove the food remnants from the heating element with a brush.
- Unplug the appliance from the mains and leave it to completely cool down.
- Make sure all components are clean and dry.
- Put the appliance in a clean, dry place.
Do not dispose of this product at the end of its service life through normal domestic waste. It has to be disposed of through a collection agency that recycles electric and electronic devices. This is pointed out by the symbol on the product, in the instruction manual, and on the packaging. Please inquire about local collection agencies that may be operated by your distributor or your municipal administration.
By recycling, making use of the materials, or other forms of recycling old units you are making an important contribution to protecting our environment. This product complies with European directives.
Also, have a look at Farberware CCXM22 AIR FRYER Instruction Manual
FAQs Power AirFryer XL User Manual
Can I only prepare fried foods in my Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL?
You can prepare a number of foods such as, steaks, chops, hamburgers or baked goods. Have a look in the included recipe book.
Is the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL suitable for preparing sauces or soups or for heating them up?
Never cook or reheat liquids in the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL.
Can I switch the Power AirFryer off at any time?
Simply press the on-off button once or remove the outer basket from the casing.
CAUTION: Only remove the sliding button guard when the outer basket and the frying basket are placed on a level, heat-resistant surface.
What should I do if the appliance switches off during cooking?
To prevent damage from overheating, the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL has an automatic safety shutoff device. Remove the outer basket from the casing and place it on a heat-resistant base. Leave it to completely cool down. Unplug the cable from the mains. Then restart the appliance by pressing the on-off button.
Does the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL need time to heat up?
If you are using the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL from „cold“, add approximately 3 minutes to the cooking time.
Can I check, during cooking, how far the food have been prepared?
You can remove the outer frying basket from the casing at any time. You can then shake the contents thoroughly to get an evenly fried result.
Is the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL dishwasher safe?
All removable parts (frying basket, divider insert, outer frying basket, mini-pizza baking dish, baking tray) are dishwasher safe. The casing of the Power AirFryer XL/XXL/XXXL contains the heating elements as well as the electronic components of the appliance. The casing must never be immersed in water. Clean the casing with a warm, damp cloth or a soft sponge with a small amount of mild detergent.
**only included with the deluxe version.
The appliance is still not working after following the recommended steps. What shall I do?
Never try to repair the appliance yourself. Contact the manufacturer and follow the procedure with regard to obtaining a replacement appliance. Repair attempts will nullify your right to exchange.
What is the spirit and purpose of the sliding button guard?
The purpose of the sliding button guard is to prevent you from accidentally pressing the basket release button. If you press the button, the frying basket will disengage from the outer frying basket. This can cause injuries if the outer basket is not placed on a heat-resistant surface.