Jensen SMPS-628 Universal Bluetooth Music System
The JENSEN ® name is a true powerhouse in the world of automotive and consumer electronics, and the brand is an American staple and is unequivocally an automotive and household name. The products behind the Brand are from expert leading-edge technology through aggressive research and development, advanced engineering, and a firm dedication to emerging technologies.
PREPARATION FOR USE
Installing the unit under a cabinet
- Make the position of the 3 holes by using the supplied template. Use a drill to make the holes.
- When the cabinet door overhangs the shelf and obstructs the unit, you can adjust the unit/shelf height.
- Install the unit with the supplied mounting kit.
Unpack the unit carefully to remove all the accessories from the packing. Verify that the following accessories are present before setting up the unit.
- Main Unit x1
- AC adaptor x1
- User Manual x1
- Mounting kit x1
LOCATION OF CONTROLS
- STANDBY BUTTON
- LIGHT BUTTON
- SOURCE BUTTON
- TIMER BUTTON
- MEM / CLK BUTTON
- PAIR / BUTTON
- TUNE – / SKIP – BUTTON
- TUNE +/ SKIP + BUTTON
- VOL – BUTTON
- VOL + BUTTON
- BLUETOOTH INDICATOR
- FM INDICATOR
- LINE-IN INDICATOR
- PM INDICATOR
- TIMER INDICATOR
- MEMORY INDICATOR
- LINE IN JACK
- DC IN JACK
- LED LAMP
- BATTERY COMPARTMENT
- SPEAKER (L)
- SPEAKER (R)
- CORD WRAP
- NFC LINKING POINT
The SMPS-628 operates using the supplied AC Adapter (Operate at 120V ~ 60Hz)
AC ADAPTOR OPERATION
NOTE: Only use the supplied adapter
- Plug the AC adaptor into a normal AC power outlet socket.
- Insert the DC plug of the AC adaptor cord into the DC IN JACK (#18) at the back of the unit.
- Before connecting to the power supply, ensure that the supply corresponds to the information on the rating label at the back of the apparatus.
- Be sure that the adapter cord has no slack when using the unit. If the cord has some slack, wrap the extra cord around the Cord Wrap (#24) located on the back of the unit.
INSTALLING BACKUP BATTERIES
- Remove the Battery Door on the bottom of the unit.
- Following the polarity diagram as shown inside the battery compartment (#21), insert 2 AAA-size batteries (not included) and replace the door.
If a power failure occurs, the clock automatically switches to the battery power supply, the clock continues running internally and the radio presets are preserved. When power returns, the unit switches back to the AC adaptor again.
NOTE: The display will not exhibit time during power failure but the clock will keep the correct time internally.
- Be sure that the batteries are installed correctly. The wrong polarity may damage the unit.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
- For better performance and longer operating time, we recommend the use of alkaline-type batteries.
- If the unit is not to be used for an extended period of time, remove the batteries. Old or leaking batteries can cause damage to the unit and may void the warranty.
- Do not try to recharge batteries not intended to be recharged; they can overheat and rupture. (Follow the battery manufacturer’s directions).
- Do not dispose of batteries in a fire, batteries may leak or explode.
- In standby mode, press and hold the MEM / CLK BUTTON (#5). The “12H” will blink.
- Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) to set the 12Hour or 24Hour format.
- Press the MEM / CLK BUTTON (#5) to confirm. The hour digits will blink.
- Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) to set the current hour.
- Press the MEM / CLK BUTTON (#5) to confirm. The minute digits will blink.
- Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) to set the current minute.
- Press the MEM / CLK button to confirm and the Clock Setting is completed.
- The clock settings may be lost if the adaptor is unplugged and the battery drains after a period of time. If this occurs, you will need to reset the clock.
- The PM ICON (#15) will light when the 12hour format is selected
In any mode, press the TIMER BUTTON (#4), and the TIMER INDICATOR (#16) with time “180” will show on the LCD Display and flash.
- Press the TIMER BUTTON (#4) repeatedly to adjust the timer in decrements of 10 minutes.
- Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) to adjust the timer in increments/decrements of 1 minute.
- After the set time is reached, the SMPS-628 alarm will sound.
- When the alarm sounds, press the STANDBY BUTTON to stop the alarm.
LISTENING TO THE RADIO
- Press the STANDBY BUTTON (#1) to turn on the SMPS-628.
- Press the SOURCE BUTTON (#3) repeatedly to select the FM band, and the FM INDICATOR (#13) and frequency will show on the LCD display.
- Press and hold the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) to search for the next/previous available station.
- If the reception is poor, try manual tuning to fine-tune the station. Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) briefly to manually tune through the frequency band.
- Adjust the VOL + / VOL – (#10/#9) to obtain the desired volume level.
The LCD display will change to show the clock time after a few seconds. Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON (#8) or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON (#7) to check the tuned frequency.
Setting the Radio Station Presets
The SMPS-628 allows you to store up to 20 stations for easy recall at any time.
- Press the STANDBY BUTTON to turn on the SMPS-628.
- Press the SOURCE BUTTON repeatedly to select the FM band, and the FM INDICATOR (#13) and frequency will show on the LCD display.
- Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON to select the desired station.
- Press the MEM / CLK BUTTON to enable the program function and the program number “P01” will show on the LCD display and flashing.
- Press the TUN+ / SKIP+ BUTTON or TUN- / SKIP- BUTTON to select the desired program number of the program.
- Press the MEM / CLK BUTTON to confirm.
- Repeat steps #3 and #6 to preset up to 20 stations.
- To retrieve one of the preset stations already programmed, press BUTTON (11) repeatedly until you reach the desired program number of the station.
Pairing a Bluetooth-enabled device with the SMPS-628.
- Press the STANDBY BUTTON to turn on the SMPS-628.
- Press the SOURCE BUTTON repeatedly to select Bluetooth Mode. The BLUETOOTH INDICATOR will show on the LCD display and flash. The SMPS-628 will enter the Pairing/Discoverable mode.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function for the device you want to link to and enable the search or scan function to find the SMPS-628.
- Select ” SMPS-628” from the device list when it appears on your device screen. If required, enter the passcode”0000” to pair (link) the unit with your device.
- If you are pairing (linking) your computer to the speaker using Bluetooth, you may need to set the SMPS-628 as your computer’s default sound device.
- After successfully pairing (linking) the Bluetooth-enabled device, the BLUETOOTH INDICATOR will stop flashing and remain lit, and a confirmation tone will be heard.
- If you want to connect the SMPS-628 to another Bluetooth device, press and hold the PAIR / BUTTON for a few seconds, and the BLUETOOTH INDICATOR will flash to confirm the SMPS-628 enter the Pairing/Discoverable mode again. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
To connect to a previously paired Bluetooth device
The SMPS-628 can store one previously paired device for quick pairing during power on. When the unit is powered on and the previously paired device is found within the operating range, the unit will pair with the device automatically.
- Due to the different operating systems used in Bluetooth devices, the time taken during the pairing process might be different. If pairing is not successful during the first attempt, please try the pairing process again by pressing and holding the PAIR /button again.
- The pairing time might take a little longer the first time pairing is performed or when pairing a new Bluetooth device.
- Make sure you have the latest firmware for your Bluetooth mobile devices.
- Make sure your device is working properly. Check your device’s manual for details on Bluetooth pairing and linking.
- Refer to the manual of your cell phone, tablet PC, computer, or another Bluetooth-enabled device for Bluetooth operation since it may vary from model to model.
PLAYING FROM A BLUETOOTH DEVICE
You can play music from your Bluetooth device wirelessly to the SMPS-628 after pairing.
- Selecting your favorite song, press the PLAY button on your Bluetooth device or the BUTTON on the SMPS-628 to play or pause the Bluetooth device playback.
- Adjust both the VOL + / VOL – BUTTONS on the SMPS-628 and on your Bluetooth device until you reach a comfortable listening level.
- Your Bluetooth-enabled device will not play music through the speaker, even if connected (linked) if the device does not support the A2DP profile.
- Remember to turn off the SMPS-628 when you have finished listening.
- Don’t forget to turn off the power of your external audio device as well.
USING THE SMPS-628 AS A HANDS-FREE SPEAKERPHONE
To use SMPS-628 as a speakerphone for receiving a phone call from a Bluetooth-enabled phone.
- Follow the “Pairing a Bluetooth-enabled device with the SMPS-628” section above to set up the Bluetooth connection with your smartphone.
- When a call is received when music is playing, the music will pause, and a ringtone will be heard from the SMPS-628. Press the BUTTON once to answer the call.
- Use the VOLUME +/- buttons to adjust the volume level.
- To ignore an incoming call, simply press the button, and the call will be PAIR/ignored.
- When your call is completed, press the PAIR/button once to end the call. If music was playing before answering the call, the music will automatically resume playing when you hang up.
- Tap the button twice to re-dial the last number you dialed.
CONNECTING YOUR BLUETOOTH DEVICE USING NFC
NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology enabling short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as mobile phones and IC tags Thanks to the NFC function, data communication can be achieved easily just by touching the relevant symbol or designated location on NFC-compatible devices.
- Make sure your Smartphone or Bluetooth device has the NFC feature, and it is turned ON (enabled).
- Touch the back of your smartphone to the NFC linking point (#25) located at the bottom of the unit. Check the owner’s manual of your Bluetooth device to locate the NFC touchpoint if you are not sure where it is.
- If the SMPS-628 is in Standby mode, it will turn on and enter Bluetooth mode automatically and pair with your smartphone. If the SMPS-628 is in Radio or LINE-IN mode, it will switch to Bluetooth mode and pair with your smartphone.
- Some smartphones may ask you to confirm the pairing if they are not paired before.
NOTE: If you have multiple NFC-compatible devices to link, just touch the smartphone to a different device to switch the connection to that device. For example, when your smartphone is connected to NFC-compatible headphones, just touch the smartphone to the system to change the Bluetooth connection to the system (one-touch connection switching).
You can play other music sources (iPod, MP3, or other digital audio players) through the speakers of the SMPS-628 by connecting the LINE-IN Jack (#18) to your external player’s audio out jack or headphone jack.
- Plug one end of an audio cable (not included) into the LINE-IN Jack (#18) and the other end of the cable into the headphone jack of your digital audio player.
- Turn ON the SMPS-628 and your external audio device.
- Tap the SOURCE BUTTON (#3) repeatedly to select AUX mode. LINE-IN INDICATOR (#14) will appear on the LCD Display.
- Start playing the device you plugged into the LINE-IN Jack (#18).
- Slowly adjust both the volume controls of your SMPS-628 and the external device until you reach a comfortable listening level.
- If you connect the SMPS-628 to the Line-Out Jack of your external device, you only need to adjust the VOLUME CONTROL of the SMPS-628. If you connect to the Headphone Jack of your external device, you may need to adjust both the volume controls of your external device and the SMPS-628 to obtain the desirable listening level.
- Remember to turn off the SMPS-628 when you have finished listening. Don’t forget to turn off the power of your external audio device as well.
RESETTING THE UNIT
If the system does not respond or exhibits erratic or intermittent operation, you may have experienced an electrostatic discharge (ESD) or a power surge that triggered the internal microcontroller to shut down automatically. If this occurs, simply disconnect the AC Adaptor and remove the system backup battery, wait for at least 3 minutes, and then set up the unit again as if you were using it for the very first time.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Clean the unit with a soft, damp (never wet) cloth. Solvent or detergent should never be used.
- Avoid operating your unit under direct sunlight or in hot, humid, or dusty places to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock.
- Keep your unit away from heating appliances and sources of electrical noise such as fluorescent lamps or motors.
- For better Clock Display clarity, avoid operating the unit under direct sunlight or in strong room illumination.
- Unplug the unit from the electrical power outlet immediately in case of malfunction.
CAUTION: Never allow any water or other liquids to get inside the unit while cleaning.
SPECTRA GREEN NOTICE
At Spectra, environmental and social responsibility is a core value of our business. We are dedicated to the continuous implementation of responsible initiatives with an aim to conserve and maintain the environment through responsible recycling.
Please visit us at http://www.spectraintl.com/green.htm for more information on Spectra’s green initiatives or to find a recycler in your area.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Spectra Merchandising Intl, Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
FAQs about Jensen SMPS-628 Universal Bluetooth Music System
The Jensen SMPS-628 Universal Bluetooth Music System is what it sounds like.
A portable audio system called the Jensen SMPS-628 is made to play music from a variety of sources, including Bluetooth-enabled gadgets like laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. In addition to Bluetooth connectivity, it has extra features including built-in speakers.
What are the SMPS-628 Bluetooth Music System’s major characteristics?
You can play music from Bluetooth-enabled devices with the SMPS-628’s Bluetooth wireless streaming feature. It also has an auxiliary input for using a 3.5mm audio wire to connect non-Bluetooth devices. The device frequently has an FM radio tuner as well as an LED clock and track information display.
How do I use Bluetooth to link my device to the Jensen SMPS-628?
You must enable Bluetooth on both the SMPS-628 and your Bluetooth device in order to link them. When “Jensen SMPS-628” pops up in the Bluetooth settings search for available devices, choose it. You can stream music wirelessly after pairing.
The Jensen SMPS-628 may I use as an alarm clock?
Yes, the SMPS-628 frequently comes with a customized alarm clock option. Either the music from a connected device or the in-built FM radio can be used to set alarms. The time and alarm settings are often displayed on the LED display.
What options are there for the SMPS-628’s audio output?
The SMPS-628’s built-in speakers serve as its main audio output. A headphone jack for private listening may also be present. Auxiliary outputs, which certain models may offer, let you to connect external speakers or audio systems.
The Jensen SMPS-628 is mobile, right?
The SMPS-628 is made to be portable and small. It may frequently be used in a variety of settings, including your bedroom, office, or outdoor regions because it can be powered by batteries or an AC adaptor.
Is there a remote control for the device?
Some models of the SMPS-628 include a remote control that enables you to change settings, manage playback, and handle alerts while you’re away from the device.
Can I use the SMPS-628 to play music from USB or SD drives?
The SMPS-628 primarily concentrates on Bluetooth and auxiliary connectivity, though precise features may vary by model. Direct playback from USB drives or SD cards might not be supported.
Are voice assistants like Siri or Google Assistant compatible with the SMPS-628?
It’s possible that the SMPS-628 does not support built-in voice assistants. The alarm clock and Bluetooth audio playback are its key priorities.
Where can I find the Jensen SMPS-628 Universal Bluetooth Music System user manual?
On the Jensen website or by contacting their customer service, you can frequently locate the user manual. The manual will contain comprehensive setup, operation, and troubleshooting instructions.
For more manuals by JENSEN, visit Manualsdock
[embeddoc url=”https://manualsdock.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Jensen-SMPS-628-Universal-Bluetooth-Music-System-User-Manual.pdf” download=”all”]